B61: Current Application Hide Trigger Doesn't Survive QS Restart

Howard Melman

Oct 29, 2011, 7:51:49 PM10/29/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
QS B61 (3900) 10.6.8. MacBookPro4,1 Intel Core 2 Due 2.4GHz, 4 GB RAM
Mouse Triggers plugin ver 142 (8/31/06)

First off, thanks very much for B61. I installed a week ago and it's been fine. Well except for one thing. I have a trigger which is Current Application Hide, and it's set on a mouse trigger for mousing to the top right corner. When I first installed B61 I found pretty quickly that this didn't work. I went to the triggers panel and edited it to be Current Application Hide (basically recreating it) and it worked fine. Today I rebooted my machine and found it didn't work again. I recreated it and it worked fine. I tried quitting and restarting QS and had the same problem with the same solution.

I'd guess that you guys did some work on triggers and proxies and forgot to apply it to mouse triggers.

Here's the trigger when it works:

Screen shot 2011-10-29 at 7.35.17 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-10-29 at 7.34.53 PM.png

Patrick Robertson

Oct 30, 2011, 4:32:01 AM10/30/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Howard,

Good to hear from you :) I hope all is going well.

I've just managed to reproduce your problem, which is good. I'm in the process of debugging, so hopefully we'll get the fix out in ß62 - which is still on schedule to be released within the next week :)

...OK found the bug and fixed it :)

Here's what it looks like right after restart (when it doesn't work):

Howard

Patrick Robertson

Oct 30, 2011, 4:33:24 AM10/30/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
P.S. mouse triggers are pretty cool. Never noticed them before :)

Howard Melman

Oct 30, 2011, 6:59:32 PM10/30/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much.  Yes, I'm particularly a fan of this one. :) Fitts law and Proxies mean if your hands are already on the mouse, QS can be very helpful. :)

I've been tracking the changes and appreciate the detailed changelogs.  I still plan to do a manual update in the hopefully not to distant future.

Howard

Tim Lawson

Oct 31, 2011, 6:08:35 AM10/31/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Forgive me... did I read somewhere that Rob's great new Nostromo UI caused the clipboard and shelf to be black with white text and that this was due to be fixed in B62? Or...?

Rob McBroom

Oct 31, 2011, 9:21:51 AM10/31/11
On Oct 31, 2011, at 6:08 AM, Tim Lawson wrote:

> Forgive me... did I read somewhere that Rob's great new Nostromo UI caused the clipboard and shelf to be black with white text and that this was due to be fixed in B62? Or...?

If you go to the Appearance section of the prefs, I believe it’s the row of colors labeled “Lists” that controls this. And in general, Nostromo will respect whatever colors you pick for the other categories as well.

I’ve created some alternate “theme” presets, but I have no idea how to add the UI that allows you to pick one, so it hasn’t been implemented.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

Tim Lawson

Oct 31, 2011, 9:29:18 AM10/31/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Tada!! That's got things fixed for me - thanks Rob.

Jon Stovell

Nov 1, 2011, 4:16:52 PM11/1/11
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Hi Tim,

Next time, please don't change the topic of a thread. Instead, start a
new thread or post in an existing relevant thread if there is one. For
example, we already have a thread going for the Nostromo interface at
http://groups.google.com/group/blacktree-quicksilver/browse_thread/thread/0281b178f5e9c172/efc1942ca4270177?hl=en_US#efc1942ca4270177

The reason for this is simply that it makes it easier for people to
find relevant information if each thread discusses only one topic.

Jon Stovell

Nov 1, 2011, 4:18:29 PM11/1/11
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
*Revert topic*