Nostromo Interface

Glueslabs

Oct 27, 2011, 7:44:59 PM10/27/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
I'm really liking Nostromo. It's a great interface for older nerds who would rather see what's going on vs having a small minimalist interface.

My one complaint is that I can't seem to invoke when in a full-screen Lion app. Is that a bug?

Terrence Smith

Oct 27, 2011, 11:02:50 PM10/27/11
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Do you have QS showing up in the dock? If you do try turning that off
and then using it in apps in full screen mode. I had that problem and
thats how I fixed it.

Patrick Robertson

Oct 28, 2011, 3:44:20 AM10/28/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Rob, who develops the Nostromo interface already knows about this. Hopefully he'll release an updated version soon and it'll be pushed out to our downloads system soon :)

Guy Manchester

Oct 28, 2011, 8:04:44 AM10/28/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
This is exactly the same for me with the BezelHUD interface. Although I think when I mentioned this before it turned out it was only me that was affected thus with this interface.

Rob McBroom

Oct 28, 2011, 2:25:53 PM10/28/11
On Oct 28, 2011, at 3:44 AM, Patrick Robertson wrote:

Rob, who develops the Nostromo interface already knows about this. Hopefully he'll release an updated version soon and it'll be pushed out to our downloads system soon :)

Done. Hopefully I didn’t screw it up. :)

Side note: This is probably the first 64-bit compatible plug-in to go into the wild.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

Glueslabs

Oct 29, 2011, 4:58:05 AM10/29/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Rob!!!! I love the work you did here.

Glueslabs

Oct 29, 2011, 9:46:16 AM10/29/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
See, she's a beaut! :)

Glueslabs

Oct 29, 2011, 9:47:40 AM10/29/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks!

Rob McBroom

Oct 29, 2011, 11:50:03 PM10/29/11
On Oct 29, 2011, at 9:46 AM, Glueslabs wrote:

> See, she's a beaut! :)

Thanks. Glad you like it.

philostein

Oct 30, 2011, 12:48:32 AM10/30/11
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Nostromo's really great, and a lot of twitter/tumblr users are
enjoying it too.

Nostromo's default colours turn the Trigger creation panel black,
making it awkward to see what's typed.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/157506/Black%20Trigger%20window%20using%20Nostromo%20defaults.png

More the Trigger panel's fault than anything else.

Patrick Robertson

Oct 30, 2011, 4:12:13 AM10/30/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
> Nostromo's default colours turn the Trigger creation panel black,
making it awkward to see what's typed.

Yeah I noticed that. It doesn't do it for the Bezel or BezelHUD interfaces which is interesting. I guess it's because the command builder uses the QSSearchObjectCollecting view classes.

Rob McBroom

Oct 31, 2011, 9:14:20 AM10/31/11
On Oct 30, 2011, at 12:48 AM, philostein wrote:

> Nostromo's default colours turn the Trigger creation panel black,
> making it awkward to see what's typed.

Not awkward. Impossible. :)

> More the Trigger panel's fault than anything else.

Yeah, it should probably use hard-coded colors.

Patrick Robertson

Oct 31, 2011, 3:32:11 PM10/31/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
> Yeah, it should probably use hard-coded colors.

But how come the BezelHUD interface doesn't affect this?
Surely the 'headers' colour in the appearance prefs (the one right in the middle) just needs to be changed?

Forgive me if this is entirely wrong. I'm not down on interface lingo/coding

Rob McBroom

Oct 31, 2011, 3:43:16 PM10/31/11
On Oct 31, 2011, at 3:32 PM, Patrick Robertson wrote:

> But how come the BezelHUD interface doesn't affect this?

The colors in BezelHUD are hard-coded into the interface. It doesn’t use the colors from Quicksilver’s Appearance preferences (and so it has no reason to change them from the default).

Patrick Robertson

Oct 31, 2011, 4:19:03 PM10/31/11
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
> The colors in BezelHUD are hard-coded into the interface. It doesn’t use the colors from Quicksilver’s Appearance preferences (and so it has no reason to change them from the default).

Aah OK gotcha. I thought it would have been a silly question by me. Thanks for clearing it up Rob :)