Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Steve Childers

ungelesen,
05.08.1999, 03:00:0005.08.99
an
Does anyone know of any good recipes for Mexican Martinis?

W M Dave

ungelesen,
05.08.1999, 03:00:0005.08.99
an
Last I tended bar (in San Francisco, although the statute of limitations
won't let me say where) a Mexican Martini was simply a Rita on the rocks
with Cointreau instead of triple sec, strained into a martini glass.

CharlieKilo

ungelesen,
05.08.1999, 03:00:0005.08.99
an
But the secret is to use real lime juice (preferably key lime) and simple
syrup. BTW, the best Mexican Martini I ever had was in San Francisco -
restaurant name I don't remember (see, those WERE good margaritas!)

CK

Victor M. Martinez

ungelesen,
05.08.1999, 03:00:0005.08.99
an
I make a drink (similar to the "El Martini" at Cedar Street) with 3 parts
good tequila (I like Don Julio A~ejo) and 1 part Cointreau, shaken like a
martini, served in a martini glass with jalape~o stuffed olives and a
splash of olive "juice". Some of my friend call it a mexican martini,
some others call it a texas martini. I just call it a tequila martini..
:)
It's pretty good, give it shot!

--
Victor M. Martinez, Jr. | The University of Texas at Austin
mar...@che.utexas.edu | Department of Chemical Engineering

Steve Childers

ungelesen,
07.08.1999, 03:00:0007.08.99
an
That's kind of what I remember it being. I was either at Trudy's or TGIF's
several years ago and had one. I asked the bartender what was in it and it
sounded like what you describe but I could swear that he also mentioned
putting brandy in it. Almost like a margarita on the rocks but add brandy
and olive and a splash of olive juice. I just can't remember for sure so I
thought I'd ask.

Thanks...SLC

Victor M. Martinez wrote in message <7oc7p2$f89$1...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>...

Terry

ungelesen,
23.08.1999, 03:00:0023.08.99
an
Does anyone have a clue to what is in the Iron Cactus drink served at
The Iron Cactus on 6th street? I have to get me a few shakers and try
it out.

Terry

Steve Childers

ungelesen,
30.08.1999, 03:00:0030.08.99
an
No but if you find out, please post it so we will all know.

SLC

Terry <te...@webglider.com> wrote in message

0 neue Nachrichten