ICS/Honeycomb ethernet support

Jules

Dec 2, 2011, 3:07:20 PM12/2/11
to Android-x86
The release notes for the release candidate honeycomb build and for
the ICS development build state that ethernet is not working in
these. Is this something you're looking for help with, and if so is
it something a novice to the project (but with a little experience of
building Android for ARM systems) is likely to be able to help with?
What is the issue with it (I know it worked fine in your froyo build,
which I've been using for a while)?

Yi Sun

Dec 2, 2011, 3:28:49 PM12/2/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for offering the help.
I don't really have time to find out why it does not work yet. Only
thing I can guess is that the connectivity manager and network manager
have been changed a lot since froyo, so the Ethernet support needs to be
changed too. You may need to start with the connectivity manager to see
if the ethernet service has been started correctly or not. And then
check the ethernet monitor and jni layer to see if the etherent device
is still being scaned correctly, and then move on to the DHCP process to
see if the dhcp can still work with the ethernet device.
One more thing we should do is to use Android's network device manager
to handle the ethernet device than to have my original JNI to do it.

You can shot me private e-mail if you have questions.
thanks

Yi

Message has been deleted

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 6, 2011, 9:31:53 PM12/6/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The ethernet support is not ported to honeycomb and ics.
Nobody works on it yet. That probably means it doesn't important.

However, contributions are welcome.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Henri

Dec 10, 2011, 12:03:38 PM12/10/11
to Android-x86
Hello all,

I got ethernet working on honeycomb based on the patches of Yi Sun for
gingerbread.
TODO:
- finish ethernet Settings screen
- Static ethernet IP addresses implementation

I'm a git/repo nitwit. I started a new branch henri-honeycomb, which I
would like to rename to 'honeycomb-ethernet'.
How do I send my changes to android-x86?

On Dec 7, 3:31 am, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> Theethernetsupport is not ported to honeycomb and ics.

> Nobody works on it yet. That probably means it doesn't important.
>
> However, contributions are welcome.
>

> 2011-12-3 上午4:11 於 "Jules" <jh314...@googlemail.com> 寫道:
>

> > The release notes for the release candidate honeycomb build and for

> > the ICS development build state thatethernetis not working in

Yi Sun

Dec 10, 2011, 1:21:49 PM12/10/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Android-x86
Nice, you can try to use "git diff" to generate a patch or git format-patch will also do the work
Thanks
Yi

Henri

Dec 11, 2011, 10:03:32 AM12/11/11
to Android-x86
I've put my changes on http://mansoft.nl/android/ethernet.diff.tar.gz

On Dec 10, 7:21 pm, Yi Sun <beyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice, you can try to use "git diff" to generate a patch or git format-patch will also do the work
> Thanks
> Yi
>

> On Dec 10, 2011, at 9:03 AM, Henri <hfman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello all,
>
> > I gotethernetworking on honeycomb based on the patches of Yi Sun for

> > gingerbread.
> > TODO:
> > - finishethernetSettings screen

> > - StaticethernetIP addresses implementation

Yi Sun

Dec 12, 2011, 12:27:22 AM12/12/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have also uploaded the file to the download section on android-x86.org and hope people can start to pick up the patch and test it.

I think most of the code changes are ok.
Two questions:
1. I'm not sure about the changes in the kernel.diff. Could you give some background info on the changes
2. In your earlier email, you have mentioned about "finishing the ethernet setting and static IP address implementations" in your TODO list. Have you put these into the current patch already?

Chih-wei, could you also take a look on the patch?

Thank
Yi

Message has been deleted

Henri

Dec 12, 2011, 11:21:05 AM12/12/11
to Android-x86
Hello Yi Sun,

1. in kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/f_rndis.c the function
int rndis_bind_config(struct usb_configuration *c, u8
ethaddr[ETH_ALEN], u32 vendorID, const char *manufacturer)
requires 4 parameters. The function
static int __init rndis_do_config(struct usb_configuration *c)
in drivers/usb/gadget/ether.c only supplied 2 so I filled in a dummy
vendorID and manufacturer.

2. This still needs to be done. The static configuration no longer can
be compiled because NetworkUtils.configureInterface etc are no longer
avaible in honeycomb.
Maybe someone can have a look at the ethernet configuration screens?
Also the file frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/
systemui/statusbar/StatusBarPolicy.java still needs to be integrated.

Kind regards,

Henri

On Dec 12, 6:27 am, Yi Sun <beyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have also uploaded the file to the download section on android-x86.org and hope people can start to pick up the patch and test it.
>
> I think most of the code changes are ok.
> Two questions:
> 1. I'm not sure about the changes in the kernel.diff. Could you give some background info on the changes
> 2. In your earlier email, you have mentioned about "finishing the ethernet setting and static IP address implementations" in your TODO list. Have you put these into the current patch already?
>
> Chih-wei, could you also take a look on the patch?
>
> Thank
> Yi
>
> On Dec 11, 2011, at 7:03 AM, Henri wrote:
>

> > I've put my changes onhttp://mansoft.nl/android/ethernet.diff.tar.gz

Yi Sun

Dec 12, 2011, 12:53:24 PM12/12/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On 12/12/2011 08:21 AM, Henri wrote:
> Hello Yi Sun,
>
> 1. in kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/f_rndis.c the function
> int rndis_bind_config(struct usb_configuration *c, u8
> ethaddr[ETH_ALEN], u32 vendorID, const char *manufacturer)
> requires 4 parameters. The function
> static int __init rndis_do_config(struct usb_configuration *c)
> in drivers/usb/gadget/ether.c only supplied 2 so I filled in a dummy
> vendorID and manufacturer.
Let me double check on this when I'm home. I'm kind of confused on which
Linux kernel version is used on Honeycomb-x86 and ics-x86.

> 2. This still needs to be done. The static configuration no longer can
> be compiled because NetworkUtils.configureInterface etc are no longer
> avaible in honeycomb.
> Maybe someone can have a look at the ethernet configuration screens?
> Also the file frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/
> systemui/statusbar/StatusBarPolicy.java still needs to be integrated.
>
> Kind regards,
Ok, before we complete the changes, I would suggest to provide the
testing patch for developers to test early code (just like what we are
doing now). Also for your first patch, others have reported merge
conflict. Please help
Thanks
Yi

Message has been deleted

Yi Sun

Dec 12, 2011, 1:59:18 PM12/12/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ya, you are right, I was looking at the the original 3.0.1 where the rndis_bind_config has only two params. It seems that the guys at google just changed the kernel to add these two new params.  And to me, they should really put these changes under CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_RNDIS, instead of polluting the tree.

Anyway, I'm fine with Henri's kernel change now with only one comment--- it would be nice if we could add a line of comment to tell why we need to change that piece of code.
Thanks
Yi

On 12/12/2011 10:20 AM, tabletsx86 wrote:
as I recall the kernels are as follows...

3.01 is used for Honeycomb-x86

3.08 is used for ICS-x86

Yi Sun

Dec 12, 2011, 2:02:10 PM12/12/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
@ Henri,
BTW--next time when you submit your patch again, could you use git format-patch  <starting version hash value>? In that way, we can track all the change history so that we don't need to look at the old change again.

Thanks
Yi
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Yi Sun

Dec 12, 2011, 5:37:39 PM12/12/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks
Yi

On 12/12/2011 12:32 PM, tabletsx86 wrote:
> saw this and wanted to reply to it..

> "Also for your first patch, others have reported merge
> conflict. Please help"
>

> no integration/merge issues with Henri's stuff on my end
>
> initial building is working fine...
>
> testing will begin later after build completes..

wt s

Dec 13, 2011, 4:59:14 AM12/13/11
to Android-x86
could anyone please teach me how to apply the patch?thanks a lot

Yi Sun

Dec 13, 2011, 12:38:14 PM12/13/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
try "man git-apply"

Henri

Dec 13, 2011, 2:39:46 PM12/13/11
to Android-x86
Thanks to tabletsx86' testing a corrected http://mansoft.nl/android/ethernet.diff.tar.gz
is available for download
Message has been deleted

Yi Sun

Dec 16, 2011, 1:00:54 AM12/16/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Chih-wei,
Do you mind to merge the patch?
Thanks
Yi

On Dec 15, 2011, at 9:09 PM, tabletsx86 wrote:

> test results/iso available here:
>
> http://tabletsx86.org/HC-ETHERNET-RESULTS.htm
>
> many thanks to Henri for a job well done...
>
> On Dec 13, 2:39 pm, Henri <hfman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks to tabletsx86' testing a correctedhttp://mansoft.nl/android/ethernet.diff.tar.gz

Chih-Wei Huang

Dec 16, 2011, 2:08:18 AM12/16/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
OK, let me check it after audio issue solved.

stirkac

Dec 16, 2011, 6:49:55 AM12/16/11
to Android-x86
when will patch be merged with prebuilt images (iso) available? i have
linux only on eeepc with small HDD and compile would take ages :(

On Dec 16, 6:09 am, tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> test results/iso available here:
>
> http://tabletsx86.org/HC-ETHERNET-RESULTS.htm
>
> many thanks to Henri for a job well done...
>
> On Dec 13, 2:39 pm, Henri <hfman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Thanks to tabletsx86' testing a correctedhttp://mansoft.nl/android/ethernet.diff.tar.gz

chris

Dec 18, 2011, 5:52:04 PM12/18/11
to Android-x86
Hello all,
I have improved this patch and tested it successfully in honeycomb.

- I fixed the layout - so the screen will show all caption TextViews
in the configuration dialog --> user gets an idea what he is doing
- I added german translation

Complete patch from henry with my changes included:
http://www.ceh-photo.de/ethernet.diff.tar.gz

On 16 Dez., 08:08, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> OK, let me check it after audio issue solved.
>

> 2011/12/16 Yi Sun <beyo...@gmail.com>:

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

dscm

Dec 21, 2011, 10:50:17 AM12/21/11
to Android-x86
have these patches been merged yet???

sourgeforge mirror is so out of sync...??
Message has been deleted

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 13, 2012, 8:51:03 PM1/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the long delay.

I just got some time to test the Ethernet patches.
It works mostly, except the dns is not set correctly.
It set

$ getprop | grep dns
[dhcp.eth0.dns1]: [10.0.3.254]
[dhcp.eth0.dns2]:
[dhcp.eth0.dns3]:
[dhcp.eth0.dns4]:
[net.change]: [net.dnschange]
[net.dns1]: [8.8.8.8]
[net.dnschange]: [1]
[net.eth0.dns1]: [49.0.0.0]
[net.eth0.dns2]:

In logcat
E/ConnectiveService( 1557): exception setting dns server:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communitcating with native
daemon to set dns for interface
E/ConnectiveService( 1557): no dns provided - using 8.8.8.8

Thus, it didn't find my dns (10.0.3.254), but used a default 8.8.8.8.
This won't work for a device without a real internet connection.

Did you see the issue? Could you please check it?
Thanks a lot!

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Robill Tian Supatrio

Jan 14, 2012, 2:26:13 AM1/14/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have modified the patch to work under ICS (so far I know nobody has submitted one).
The original patch doesn't apply into ICS, so I have merged with changes from linaro project.
I am not sure whether this will work for everybody, but on s103t target it is working fine.
Please find attached the patch file (formatted with git format-patch).

best regards,

Robill

ethernet-ics.tar.gz

dscm

Jan 14, 2012, 5:07:02 PM1/14/12
to Android-x86
check your email..

On Jan 14, 2:26 am, Robill Tian Supatrio <rsupat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have modified the patch to work under ICS (so far I know nobody has
> submitted one).
> The original patch doesn't apply into ICS, so I have merged with
> changes from linaro project.
> I am not sure whether this will work for everybody, but on s103t target it
> is working fine.
> Please find attached the patch file (formatted with git format-patch).
>
> best regards,
>
> Robill
>
> On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org>wrote:
>

> > Sorry for the long delay.
>
> > I just got some time to test the Ethernet patches.
> > It works mostly, except the dns is not set correctly.
> > It set
>
> > $ getprop | grep dns
> > [dhcp.eth0.dns1]: [10.0.3.254]
> > [dhcp.eth0.dns2]:
> > [dhcp.eth0.dns3]:
> > [dhcp.eth0.dns4]:
> > [net.change]: [net.dnschange]
> > [net.dns1]: [8.8.8.8]
> > [net.dnschange]: [1]
> > [net.eth0.dns1]: [49.0.0.0]
> > [net.eth0.dns2]:
>
> > In logcat
> > E/ConnectiveService( 1557): exception setting dns server:
> > java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communitcating with native
> > daemon to set dns for interface
> > E/ConnectiveService( 1557): no dns provided - using 8.8.8.8
>
> > Thus, it didn't find my dns (10.0.3.254), but used a default 8.8.8.8.
> > This won't work for a device without a real internet connection.
>
> > Did you see the issue? Could you please check it?
> > Thanks a lot!
>
> > 2011/12/14 Henri <hfman...@gmail.com>:
> > > Thanks to tabletsx86' testing a corrected
> >http://mansoft.nl/android/ethernet.diff.tar.gz
> > > is available for download
>
> > --
> > Chih-Wei
> > Android-x86 project
> >http://www.android-x86.org
>
> > --
>

>  ethernet-ics.tar.gz
> 55KViewDownload

Robill Tian Supatrio

Jan 14, 2012, 8:52:00 PM1/14/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
dscm,
thanks, I have fixed it (packages folder was screwed up). Please find attached the updated tar ball.

regards,

Robill
ethernet-ics.tar.gz

loic le duault

Jan 15, 2012, 12:31:04 PM1/15/12
to Android-x86
how to install this patch please?
the commandes patch < ethernet-ics.tar.gz not work
>  ethernet-ics.tar.gz
> 53KAfficherTélécharger

Robill Tian Supatrio

Jan 15, 2012, 10:06:24 PM1/15/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
changes:
- fixed typo packages/providers/DownloadProvider/DownloadProviders.
- added script to batch patching.

e.g.
> tar xvfz ethernet-ics.tar.gz
> cd ethernet-ics
> ./do-gitapply.sh /path/to/android-x86

Robill Tian Supatrio

Jan 15, 2012, 10:07:06 PM1/15/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
oops, forgot to attach.
ethernet-ics.tar.gz
Message has been deleted

Robill Tian Supatrio

Jan 16, 2012, 10:14:12 AM1/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
shoot, you are right! I was too lazy to double check :)
Fixed.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM, tabletsx86 <rbg.tab...@gmail.com> wrote:
there is no folder in packages/providers/DownloadProvider called
DownloadProvider or DownloadProviders
is this a new folder added??? There seems to be only the patch file in
there...

am I missing something....

On Jan 15, 10:06 pm, Robill Tian Supatrio <rsupat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> changes:
> - fixed typo packages/providers/DownloadProvider/DownloadProviders.
> - added script to batch patching.
>
> e.g.
>
> > tar xvfz ethernet-ics.tar.gz
> > cd ethernet-ics
> > ./do-gitapply.sh /path/to/android-x86

ethernet-ics.tar.gz

dscm

Jan 17, 2012, 5:58:40 AM1/17/12
to Android-x86
integrated the patch after doing a repo sync on 15-jan-12, my eth0 is
up and working on ics-x86...

have more testing to do but initial implementation and test of your
patch
looks good....

well done...

On Jan 14, 2:26 am, Robill Tian Supatrio <rsupat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have modified the patch to work under ICS (so far I know nobody has
> submitted one).
> The original patch doesn't apply into ICS, so I have merged with
> changes from linaro project.
> I am not sure whether this will work for everybody, but on s103t target it
> is working fine.
> Please find attached the patch file (formatted with git format-patch).
>
> best regards,
>
> Robill
>
> On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org>wrote:
>

> > Sorry for the long delay.
>
> > I just got some time to test the Ethernet patches.
> > It works mostly, except the dns is not set correctly.
> > It set
>
> > $ getprop | grep dns
> > [dhcp.eth0.dns1]: [10.0.3.254]
> > [dhcp.eth0.dns2]:
> > [dhcp.eth0.dns3]:
> > [dhcp.eth0.dns4]:
> > [net.change]: [net.dnschange]
> > [net.dns1]: [8.8.8.8]
> > [net.dnschange]: [1]
> > [net.eth0.dns1]: [49.0.0.0]
> > [net.eth0.dns2]:
>
> > In logcat
> > E/ConnectiveService( 1557): exception setting dns server:
> > java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communitcating with native
> > daemon to set dns for interface
> > E/ConnectiveService( 1557): no dns provided - using 8.8.8.8
>
> > Thus, it didn't find my dns (10.0.3.254), but used a default 8.8.8.8.
> > This won't work for a device without a real internet connection.
>
> > Did you see the issue? Could you please check it?
> > Thanks a lot!
>
> > 2011/12/14 Henri <hfman...@gmail.com>:
> > > Thanks to tabletsx86' testing a corrected
> >http://mansoft.nl/android/ethernet.diff.tar.gz
> > > is available for download
>
> > --
> > Chih-Wei
> > Android-x86 project
> >http://www.android-x86.org
>
> > --
>

>  ethernet-ics.tar.gz
> 55KViewDownload
Message has been deleted

dscm

Jan 17, 2012, 8:52:42 AM1/17/12
to Android-x86
Chih-Wei

checked with, Build: generic_x86-eng 3.2.2 HLK75D
(checked with/without my router)

with router:

root@generic_x86:/ # getprop | grep dns
[dhcp.eth0.dns1]: [4.2.2.6]
[dhcp.eth0.dns2]: [4.2.2.5]
[dhcp.eth0.dns3]: [4.2.2.3]
[dhcp.eth0.dns4]: []
[net.change]: [net.dnschange]
[net.dns1]: [8.8.8.8]
[net.dnschange]: [1]
[net.eth0.dns1]: [52.0.0.0]
[net.eth0.dns2]: [52.0.0.0]

without router:

root@generic_x86:/ # getprop | grep dns
[dhcp.eth0.dns1]: [75.75.75.75]
[dhcp.eth0.dns2]: [75.75.76.76]
[dhcp.eth0.dns3]: []
[dhcp.eth0.dns4]: []
[net.change]: [net.eth0.dns2]
[net.dns1]: [8.8.8.8]
[net.dnschange]: [1]
[net.eth0.dns1]: [55.0.0.0]
[net.eth0.dns2]: [55.0.0.0]

appears as if DNS is being passed correctly, then it breaks
down for some reason...???

from bugreport...

01-15 12:49:28.390 1022 1065 D EthernetStateTracker: DhcpHandler:
DHCP request succeeded: addr: 192.168.200.112/24 routes: 0.0.0.0/0 ->
192.168.200.1 | dns: 4.2.2.6,4.2.2.5 dhcpServer: 192.168.200.1
leaseDuration: 86400
.
.
.
01-15 12:49:28.600 1022 1033 I EthernetStateTracker: received
disconnected events, stack=false HW=false
01-15 12:49:28.600 1022 1033 I EthernetStateTracker: interface up
event, kick off connection request
01-15 12:49:28.600 1022 1033 I EthernetStateTracker: trigger dhcp
for device eth0
01-15 12:49:28.600 1022 1065 D EthernetStateTracker: DhcpHandler:
DHCP request started
01-15 12:49:28.600 1022 1033 I EthernetStateTracker: received HW
connected, stack=false HW=false
01-15 12:49:28.600 1022 1033 I EthernetStateTracker: received
configured succeeded, stack=false HW=true
01-15 12:49:28.600 1022 1057 D ConnectivityService:
ConnectivityChange for ETH: CONNECTED/CONNECTED
01-15 12:49:28.600 1022 1057 D ConnectivityService: Setting TCP
values: [4096,87380,110208,4096,16384,110208] which comes from
[net.tcp.buffersize.default]
01-15 12:49:28.600 1022 1057 E ConnectivityService: exception
setting dns servers: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error
communicating with native daemon to set dns for interface
01-15 12:49:28.600 1022 1057 D ConnectivityService: no dns provided
- using 8.8.8.8

On Jan 13, 8:51 pm, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> Sorry for the long delay.
>
> I just got some time to test the Ethernet patches.
> It works mostly, except the dns is not set correctly.
> It set
>
> $ getprop | grep dns
> [dhcp.eth0.dns1]: [10.0.3.254]
> [dhcp.eth0.dns2]:
> [dhcp.eth0.dns3]:
> [dhcp.eth0.dns4]:
> [net.change]: [net.dnschange]
> [net.dns1]: [8.8.8.8]
> [net.dnschange]: [1]
> [net.eth0.dns1]: [49.0.0.0]
> [net.eth0.dns2]:
>
> In logcat
> E/ConnectiveService( 1557): exception setting dns server:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communitcating with native
> daemon to set dns for interface
> E/ConnectiveService( 1557): no dns provided - using 8.8.8.8
>
> Thus, it didn't find my dns (10.0.3.254), but used a default 8.8.8.8.
> This won't work for a device without a real internet connection.
>
> Did you see the issue? Could you please check it?
> Thanks a lot!
>
> 2011/12/14 Henri <hfman...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Thanks to tabletsx86' testing a correctedhttp://mansoft.nl/android/ethernet.diff.tar.gz

Anthony WU

Jan 15, 2012, 1:16:19 PM1/15/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
use "git apply" to patch it

eg:
cd /src/android-ics/build/
git apply /src/android-ics/patch/ethernet.diff/build/build.diff
cd /src/android-ics/frameworks/base/
git apply
/src/android-ics/patch/ethernet.diff/frameworks/base/frameworks-base.diff
cd /src/android-ics/kernel/
git apply /src/android-ics/patch/ethernet.diff/kernel/kernel.diff
cd /src/android-ics/packages/apps/Settings/
git apply
/src/android-ics/patch/ethernet.diff/packages/apps/Settings/packages-apps-Settings.diff
cd /src/android-ics/packages/providers/DownloadProvider/
git apply
/src/android-ics/patch/ethernet.diff/packages/providers/DownloadProvider/packages-providers-DownloadProvider.diff

>> 53KAfficherT�l�charger

BlueEyes

Jan 12, 2012, 5:33:31 PM1/12/12
to Android-x86
Hi.I was trying to compile honeycomb with ethernet support.So i've
downloaded the source code + your ethernet patch.Than i applied the
patch.But when i run make to build the iso it told me that i need an
64 bit OS.So obviously i was frustrated after 3-4 hour's of trying to
get everything on the road.
Now my question is can you provide a link with your build iso?I'm not
in the mood of replacing my ubuntu 32 bit's with ubuntu 64!
I understand from your posts that that you already have something
working so i was asking if you are willing to share the iso.

Maybe i can help with testing or doing something useful.
Thank you!

On Dec 20 2011, 7:10 am, tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HoneycombGeneric updated after WiFi test...
>
> http://tabletsx86.org/HC-Generic-WiFi.htm
>
> On Dec 16, 12:09 am, tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > test results/iso available here:
>
> >http://tabletsx86.org/HC-ETHERNET-RESULTS.htm
>
> > many thanks to Henri for a job well done...
>
> > On Dec 13, 2:39 pm, Henri <hfman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Thanks to tabletsx86' testing a correctedhttp://mansoft.nl/android/ethernet.diff.tar.gz

loic le duault

Jan 22, 2012, 2:17:16 PM1/22/12
to Android-x86
i have build this on ubuntu 32bit !!!
link for my build (french forum) http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/89013-android-x86-custom-build/

On 12 jan, 23:33, BlueEyes <fioa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.I a été d'essayer de compiler en nid d'abeille avec Ethernet support.So J'aitéléchargé le code source de votre Ethernet + patch.Than J'ai appliqué lepatch.But Quand je lance make pour construire l'iso il me dit que j'ai besoin d'unOS 64 bits . Alors, évidemment, j'ai été frustré après 3-4 heures de tenter deobtenir tout sur ​​la route.Maintenant, ma question est: pouvez-vous fournir un lien avec votre compilation ISO? Je ne suis pasdans l'humeur de remplacer mon Ubuntu 32 bits avec Ubuntu 64 !je comprends de vos messages que vous avez déjà quelque chosede travail afin que je demandais si vous êtes disposé à partager l'ISO.
>
> Peut-être que je peux aider à tester ou à faire quelque chose d'utile.Merci!
>
> Le 20 Dec 2011, 07:10, tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@ gmail.com> a écrit:
>

> > HoneycombGeneric jour après le test WiFi ...
>
> >http://tabletsx86.org/HC-Generic-WiFi.htm
>
> > On Dec 16, 0:09, tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@ gmail.com> a écrit:
>
> >> Résultats de test / iso disponibles ici:
>
> >>http://tabletsx86.org/HC-ETHERNET-RESULTS.htm
>
> >> Un grand merci à Henri pour un travail bien fait ...

loic le duault

Jan 22, 2012, 2:20:23 PM1/22/12
to Android-x86
+ on my build i have ad this patch, market and other google apps, and
rotation loker for lock screen on landscape
[url="http://www.jheberg.net/download-ED67CC37E2DE-amd-
brazos.html"]amd_brazos[/url]
[url="http://www.jheberg.net/download-ED9C21081708-eeepc.html"]eeepc[/
url]
[url="http://www.jheberg.net/download-81627ED202A2-asus-
laptop.html"]asus_laptop[/url]

On 22 jan, 20:17, loic le duault <loic.le.dua...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i have build this on ubuntu 32bit !!!
> link for my build (french forum)http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/89013-android-x86-custom-build/

loic le duault

Jan 22, 2012, 2:21:34 PM1/22/12
to Android-x86

Bzbit

Jan 24, 2012, 4:32:59 AM1/24/12
to Android-x86
loic le duault - can you please share how can I add market and other
google apps to my build?
Thanks in advanced

On Jan 22, 9:21 pm, loic le duault <loic.le.dua...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.jheberg.net/download-ED67CC37E2DE-amd-brazos.html
> amd_brazoshttp://www.jheberg.net/download-ED9C21081708-eeepc.html eeepchttp://www.jheberg.net/download-81627ED202A2-asus-laptop.html
> asus_laptop
>
> On 22 jan, 20:20, loic le duault <loic.le.dua...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > + on my build i have ad this patch, market and other google apps, and
> > rotation loker for lock screen on landscape
> > [url="http://www.jheberg.net/download-ED67CC37E2DE-amd-
> > brazos.html"]amd_brazos[/url]
> > [url="http://www.jheberg.net/download-ED9C21081708-eeepc.html"]eeepc[/
> > url]
> > [url="http://www.jheberg.net/download-81627ED202A2-asus-
> > laptop.html"]asus_laptop[/url]
>
> > On 22 jan, 20:17, loic le duault <loic.le.dua...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > i have build this on ubuntu 32bit !!!
> > > link for my build (french forum)http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/89013-android-x86-custom-build/

loic le duault

Jan 24, 2012, 12:42:58 PM1/24/12
to Android-x86
i am french i translate with google
english
it's pretty easy to do but I do not know if it's the right way
I copy the missing file in my build from the build of 20120101
there are important 3dossier APP LIB Framework

So I copy the file in OUT / Traject / Brazos / SYSTEM before starting
the compilation
if it does not work you must delete the original folder (if you have
already compiled) before copying it, which will force the compilation
system

I metterai has available the file if necessary

on french
c'est assez facile a faire mais je ne sait pas si c'est la bonne
méthode
j'ai copier les fichier manquant a mon build depuis le build du
20120101
il y a 3dossier important APP LIB FRAMEWORK

je copie donc ces fichier dans OUT/TRAJECT/BRAZOS/SYSTEM avant de
lancer la compilation
si sa ne marche pas il faut supprimer les dossier d’origine (si vous
aviez déjà compiler) avant de copier ceci, ce qui forcera la
compilation de system

je metterai a disposition les fichier si necessaire

On 24 jan, 10:32, Bzbit <benziz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Loic Le Duault - pouvez-vous s'il vous plaît partager comment puis-je ajouter du marché et autresGoogle Apps pour mon construire?Merci d'avance
>
> On Jan 22, 21:21, Loïc Le Duault <loic.le.dua...@ gmail.com> a écrit:
>

> >http://www.jheberg.net/download-ED67CC37E2DE-amd-brazos.html>asus_laptop
>
> > Le 22 jan, 20:20, Loïc Le Duault <loic.le.dua...@ gmail.com> a écrit:
>
> >> + Sur ma carrure, j'ai ad ce patch, marché et autres Google Apps, et> Loker rotation> pour l'écran de verrouillage sur le paysage>> [url = "http://www.jheberg.net/download-ED67CC37E2DE-amd->> brazos.html "] amd_brazos [/ url]>> [url = "http://www.jheberg.net/download-ED9C21081708-eeepc.html"] eeepc [/>> url]>> [url = "http://www.jheberg.net/download-81627ED202A2-asus->> laptop.html "] asus_laptop [/ url]

> > - Afficher le texte -

loic le duault

Jan 24, 2012, 1:41:16 PM1/24/12
to Android-x86
PS if you want ad other app, just ad on app folder (test apps if work
on ics86 before)

loic le duault

Jan 25, 2012, 3:53:05 AM1/25/12
to Android-x86
i have create new message for adding app to our build
http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86/t/2d26ac7852087b08

On 24 jan, 19:41, loic le duault <loic.le.dua...@gmail.com> wrote:
> PS si vous voulez app autre annonce, juste annonce sur dossier app (applications de test si le travailsur le ics86 avant)

Daniel Fages

Jan 30, 2012, 6:47:39 AM1/30/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
here's a proposed patch (over the last ethernet-ics patch) to solve the DHCP problem.
With this patch, the net.dnsX properties should be modified correctly.
Tested with my virtualbox image (soon to be released).

Regards,
Dan.

2012/1/16 Robill Tian Supatrio <rsup...@gmail.com>
patch_ethernet-ics_dhcp

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 31, 2012, 1:44:07 PM1/31/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,
Thank you for the nice work.

Though the ethernet patch looks good,
I was still reluctant to add the ethernet support in this format.
Because it's still buggy, too bloated, and not well integrated
with the android framework (the most important reason).

Not all of our targets have ethernet.
So it's better to make ethernet support to be a build-time
optional component. However, in the current format it is
impossible since java doesn't support conditional compile.

Over time I have been considering a better and simpler
solution to support ethernet.
A proper idea is to simulate it as a wifi or 3G interface.

* I read wpa_supplicant doc, it supports wired (ethernet) driver.
so theoretically it's possible to run wpa_supplicant on
an ethernet interface to make it work like a wifi.
* We may write a fake ril (radio interface layer) to simulate 3G.
The idea is from SDK emulator. It simulates 3G via
the host network interface.

I more like the 3G idea. It's more appropriate for
a device with both wifi and ethernet like most netbooks.

Daniel, are you interesting to survey the possibility?

2012/1/30 Daniel Fages <dfa...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
> here's a proposed patch (over the last ethernet-ics patch) to solve the DHCP
> problem.
> With this patch, the net.dnsX properties should be modified correctly.
> Tested with my virtualbox image (soon to be released).

Daniel Fages

Jan 31, 2012, 4:42:59 PM1/31/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chih-Wei,
Ok I'll look at this and let you know my progress.

Regards,
Daniel.

Robill Tian Supatrio

Jan 31, 2012, 9:30:29 PM1/31/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chi-Wei,

in my experience, ethernet is very critical for development efforts (for android-x86) since we do not have
adb over USB like most other handset devices have. After ethernet is working, my development efforts has
accellerated significantly. AOSP ICS currently doesn't have ethernet since most devices can use adb over
USB (it is meant for mobile devices in the first place), but does android-x86 have it?

Having said that, do we really need to integrate with current AOSP ICS framework? I know very little about
wpa_supplicant, but enough to make my eyes 'crossed'. My concern is, if we simulate ethernet like what
you said, does it not make ethernet more complicated? If something is wrong (e.g bug in wpa_supplicant)
we could end up debugging ethernet itself, before we could move forward to debug everything else.

Of course if we do have adb over USB (which I do not know), then this point is moot.

best regards,

Robill

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 31, 2012, 10:33:40 PM1/31/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
2012/2/1 Robill Tian Supatrio <rsup...@gmail.com>:

> Hi Chi-Wei,
> in my experience, ethernet is very critical for development efforts (for
> android-x86) since we do not have
> adb over USB like most other handset devices have. After ethernet is
> working, my development efforts has
> accellerated significantly. AOSP ICS currently doesn't have ethernet since
> most devices can use adb over
> USB (it is meant for mobile devices in the first place), but does
> android-x86 have it?

No. I don't consider the ethernet support to be a development feature.
The proposed patch is just for an end user.
As a developer, you can enable ethernet easily,
(by netcfg eth0 dhcp or something like)
even earlier than run android init.

> Having said that, do we really need to integrate with current AOSP ICS
> framework? I know very little about
> wpa_supplicant, but enough to make my eyes 'crossed'. My concern is, if we
> simulate ethernet like what
> you said, does it not make ethernet more complicated? If something is wrong
> (e.g bug in wpa_supplicant)
> we could end up debugging ethernet itself, before we could move forward to
> debug everything else.

If we implement ethernet support via wpa_supplicant,
then debugging ethernet just means debugging
wpa_supplicant. I don't see the difference.
(otherwise what did you mean debugging ethernet itself?
debugging the driver?)

> Of course if we do have adb over USB (which I do not know), then this point
> is moot.

No.
Most devices I work now don't have ethernet,
or even don't have workable wifi.

The trick is using debug mode.
The logcat will be saved to /data/log.txt automatically.

Robill Tian Supatrio

Jan 31, 2012, 11:16:49 PM1/31/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
quote:
The trick is using debug mode.
The logcat will be saved to /data/log.txt automatically.

Yep, I used that before ethernet works. But it is painful if you want to debug in real time,
meaning you want to see how the system reacts in real time to your input on the UI.

Anyway, basically if ethernet still can be enabled as simple as netcfg eth0 dhcp then I am happy.

regards,

Robill

Ron M

Feb 29, 2012, 12:18:24 PM2/29/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Robill,
Can you please update the your patch to work with current ICS code (
Android-x86 4.0-RC1)? It is broken at the moment, missing some API's
in
EthernetStateTracker and EthernetService constructors, and the
commenting out of EthernetStateTracker implementing
NetworkStateTracker.
I did those changes quick and dirty but at the moment I was not able to test.

I would be glad by the way to have a tip on how to integrate my
changes with an incremental patch.

As for ethernet and developement - I'm in you on this one, I think it
is critical for development, but as the ethernet is only kernel
dependent, you can make it work by
1. Adding CONFIG_<your_ethernet_driver>=m (or y) to your kernel
config (i.e. CONFIG_E1000E for some standard intel chipsets )
2. ifconfig eth0 <your_ip>
3. From the development host: adb connect <your_ip>
4. Now you should be able to use adb as if your target was any other phone

Dan,
Good job on the VM config - I loved it! Can you please publish your
latest device/<your_tree> tree, along with the kernel configuration?
Your configuration missed the kernel config.

Thanks,
Ron

Robill Tian Supatrio

Feb 29, 2012, 8:49:25 PM2/29/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ron,

do you use the latest patch (attachment from Dan's post on 30 Jan in this thread)?
That one should work fine, I am still using it in my own build.

regards,

Robill

Ron M

Mar 4, 2012, 4:30:18 AM3/4/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Robill,
Dan's latest patch is to be used on top of the previous ethernet patch
- I used your version, on ICS4.03. (android-x86-4.0 RC1).
It is incompatible with current API.

For my purposes, I just used my own quick-n-dirty patch to fix the
only issue I have personally faced (not using the Ethernet option at
settings) - which is the DownloadProvider refusing to
understand that ethernet connection is connected. But this workaround
is, of course, terrible (I just ignored all connectivity issues when
downloading):

project packages/providers/DownloadProvider/
diff --git a/src/com/android/providers/downloads/DownloadThread.java
b/src/com/android/providers/downloads/DownloadThread.java
index 9080e72..a9fcac8 100644
--- a/src/com/android/providers/downloads/DownloadThread.java
+++ b/src/com/android/providers/downloads/DownloadThread.java
@@ -277,6 +277,12 @@ public class DownloadThread extends Thread {
} else if (networkUsable == DownloadInfo.NETWORK_BLOCKED) {
status = Downloads.Impl.STATUS_BLOCKED;
}
+
+ if (true)
+{
+ Log.e(Constants.TAG, "RM: Avoiding network exception
networkUsable=" + networkUsable + "FIXME" + status + "," +
mInfo.getLogMessageForNetworkError(networkUsable)) ;
+ return;
+}
throw new StopRequestException(status,
mInfo.getLogMessageForNetworkError(networkUsable));
}

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:49 AM, Robill Tian Supatrio

Ron M

Mar 5, 2012, 12:04:58 PM3/5/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I attached the fixed patches for the latest version of Android-x86, as
Robill's patch would not be completely integrated with current version
of ics-x86 (post RC1).
Credit for all work goes to Robill - I just wasn't sure how to make an
incremental patch for the "git apply" rejects I got when trying to
apply Robill files, so I just
ran "git format-patch" on my current tree.

I must admit that my git skills are somewhere between terrible to
non-existing - so I apologize in advance if what I post here is
completely irrelevant/inappropriate

Taking those patches and applying them on latest repo should work with
no rejects.

I tested it on various hardware with Intel's e1000e module (add
CONFIG_E1000E to your kernel config).
Was not able to test it on virtual box yet because I am not yet sure
what is the CONFIG to enable eth0 ( adding CONFIG_PCI32 did not help,
although AFAIK it
is the driver associated with virtual box's eth0)

Not working:
Some applications (e.g. GoogleApps sign in) require Network
connectivity, and require a workaround for the "No Internet
Connection" on status bar.
Other than that, the introduced patch is working pretty well.

Regards,
Ron

EthernetPatch_ics-x86-4.0-RC1.tar

monimi

Mar 7, 2012, 9:32:32 AM3/7/12
to Android-x86, Ron M
Hi, is just that i built Android ICS for Pandaboard, and Ethernet
works fine, but it is too slow and it shouldn't, and i cant modify
anything about ethernet because i don't have the ethernet settings
menu on Android, i only have wifi and bluetooth menus, i don't know
what could be the problem with this, mostly with the speed of the
ethernet, if someone could help me it would be great, thanks.

Ooop Yooo

Mar 8, 2012, 4:54:31 PM3/8/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Are you using AOSP ICS repo tree ?

If you are and don't have the Ethernet UI Tab, that means you didn't apply the Ethernet patch.

If Ethernet transfert rate is slow, this may be related with your kernel, and as your Pandaboard is ARM based, you have to check by yourself what's wrong or ask to your own community, I guess...

Sorry.

2012/3/7 monimi <m.michelle...@gmail.com>
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ron M

Mar 9, 2012, 11:09:31 PM3/9/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I assume you mean "my" patch - and I am sorry but I made a mistake and
forgot to git add before comitting and applying the patches... my
bad - sorry.
You can just copy Robill's core/ files as is and that should solve it
- but I'll give you a more accurate answer tomorrow.
I'll try to post another patch on Sunday.

Sorry about that.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 4:16 AM, tabletsx86 <rbg.tab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> more info..seems your patch fails to create the file...
>
> from Robill's patch as installed...
>
> Checking patch core/jni/Android.mk...
> Checking patch core/jni/AndroidRuntime.cpp...
> Checking patch core/jni/android_net_ethernet.cpp...
> Checking patch core/res/res/values/config.xml...
>
> Applied patch core/jni/AndroidRuntime.cpp cleanly.
> Applied patch core/jni/android_net_ethernet.cpp cleanly.
> Applied patch core/res/res/values/config.xml cleanly.
> Applied patch ethernet/java/android/net/ethernet/EthernetDevInfo.aidl
> cleanly.
>

> from your patch as installed
>
> Checking patch core/jni/Android.mk...
> Checking patch core/jni/AndroidRuntime.cpp...
> Checking patch core/res/res/values/config.xml...
> Checking patch ethernet/java/android/net/ethernet/
> EthernetDevInfo.aidl...
>
> Applied patch core/jni/AndroidRuntime.cpp cleanly.
> Applied patch core/res/res/values/config.xml cleanly.
> Applied patch ethernet/java/android/net/ethernet/EthernetDevInfo.aidl
> cleanly.
> Applied patch ethernet/java/android/net/ethernet/EthernetDevInfo.java
> cleanly.
>
> On Mar 9, 9:06 pm, tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> trying to test the patch...
>>
>> applying on latest repo is fine...
>>
>> build fails....
>>
>> make: *** No rule to make target `frameworks/base/core/jni/
>> android_net_ethernet.cpp', needed by `out/target/product/generic_x86/
>> obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_runtime_intermediates/
>> android_net_ethernet.o'.  Stop.
>>
>> find -name android_net_ethernet.cpp shows file doesn't exist....
>>
>> checked Robill's patch for frameworks/base/0001-xxx and seems your
>> patch
>> references the file but cannot see where file is created??
>>
>> I can grap the file from pre RC1 builds but would like some insight
>> first before I go
>> too far....
>>
>> thanks

>> >  EthernetPatch_ics-x86-4.0-RC1.tar

>> read more »

Message has been deleted

Christopher Hrabia

Mar 12, 2012, 10:31:38 AM3/12/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I could help out with that issue if you only have this problem in userdebug build:

You need to add a public default constructor to following class:
in class /packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/ethernet/EthernetSettings.java

    public EthernetSettings() {
    }

Don't know why its necessary.

I hope I could help.

2012/3/12 tabletsx86 <rbg.tab...@gmail.com>
got you patch working...one issue is systemUI crash when clicking
settings...cannot seem to find the debug.egl.hw=0 you refered to...???

> read more »

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christopher Hrabia

Message has been deleted

Ketut Putu Kumajaya

Mar 12, 2012, 11:26:29 AM3/12/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

How about usb tethering (as host) support? I have tested it, shared my Android phone internet access over USB and works!

# modprobe rndis_host
# netcfg usb0 up
# netcfg usb0 dhcp
# setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8

Pada 12 Mar 2012 14:41, "tabletsx86" <rbg.tab...@gmail.com> menulis:
yes I am using userdebug..thanks Chris..

On Mar 12, 10:31 am, Christopher Hrabia <c.hra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I could help out with that issue if you only have this problem in userdebug
> build:
>
> You need to add a public default constructor to following class:
> in
> class /packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/ethernet/EthernetSettings.java
>
>     public EthernetSettings() {
>     }
>
> Don't know why its necessary.
>
> I hope I could help.
>
> 2012/3/12 tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@gmail.com>
Message has been deleted

Ron M

Mar 12, 2012, 4:39:12 PM3/12/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I will provide a correct merged patch which I have tested on a couple
of Dell systems (Some Optiplex desktops, and a couple of latitudes)
Following our private writeup, some people may be interested in
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l2gebz . At least temporarily.
I open another thread to discuss the current issues with it (a copy
paste of what I sent you on a private email earlier today).

Ron.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM, tabletsx86 <rbg.tab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> issue appears to be deeper than originally thought...
>
> some of the merge from Robill's patches appear to be
> the issue...but thanks for the idea...

> On Mar 12, 10:31 am, Christopher Hrabia <c.hra...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I could help out with that issue if you only have this problem in userdebug
>> build:
>>
>> You need to add a public default constructor to following class:
>> in
>> class /packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/ethernet/EthernetSettings.java
>>
>>     public EthernetSettings() {
>>     }
>>
>> Don't know why its necessary.
>>
>> I hope I could help.

Billy Zhou

Mar 20, 2012, 5:35:29 PM3/20/12
to Android-x86
Applying this patch breaks the build as tabletsx86 mentioned. I
extracted android_net_ethernet.cpp from
Robill's patch from Jan 16th and now it successfully builds.
Unfortunately boot now gets stuck at the android boot animation.
Hitting Alt+F1 a dozen times drops me down to the console, but only
for a few seconds before it automatically switches back to
the boot animation again. Here's a screenshot of logcat I took:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34rzrf8&s=5

What can I do now? (Other than to wait for Rob's new patch)

>  EthernetPatch_ics-x86-4.0-RC1.tar
> 175KViewDownload

Billy Zhou

Mar 20, 2012, 6:34:07 PM3/20/12
to Android-x86
My apologies. One of my own changes caused the boot problem.

RC1 + Ron's patch + android_net_ethernet.cpp from Robill's patch
builds and boots fine, but I still don't have ethernet access. I'm
using VMware Workstation 8.0.1. "netcfg eth0 up" doesn't work either
as there is no eth0 device listed. The only network devices are lo and
sit0.

Please advise.

On Mar 20, 5:35 pm, Billy Zhou <iamz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Applying this patch breaks the build as tabletsx86 mentioned. Ron's

Billy Zhou

Mar 20, 2012, 9:16:31 PM3/20/12
to Android-x86
My apologies again. eth0 was missing on the vm product, but on the
generic_x86 product everything is working perfectly. Thanks for the
patches, guys.

> read more »
Message has been deleted

regs

Apr 4, 2012, 7:57:04 PM4/4/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
tryed it (android-x86-4.0-eth0-generic_x86-20120327.iso) on virtualbox. but it appears it doesn't do anything when ethernet is set to on and to dhcp in ethernet settings. netcfg says it's up, but ip is not acquired - 0.0.0.0. so still have to manually use netcfg eth0 dhcp and setprop net.dns1

David Young

Apr 4, 2012, 8:22:48 PM4/4/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm using that build on VirtualBox, and ethernet appears to work for me. What are your VB network settings? I have mine set to NAT, with the host computer on a wired connection.

regs

Apr 5, 2012, 6:24:42 AM4/5/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Bridge, but does it matter if DHCP works and IP can be obtained after manual netcfg eth0 dhcp

Gregoire

Apr 16, 2012, 2:26:30 AM4/16/12
to Android-x86
Hello,

Is there a full, complete, updated, and latest diff/patch for Ethernet
support on top of ICS? I tried some of the patches referenced in this
thread but some are missing a file for instance, or they don't seem to
work well. Many thanks in advance for any poniter,

Grégoire

regs

May 12, 2012, 1:51:22 PM5/12/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It appears to work as NAT... I can even add Google Account and use Play Market.

Ron M

May 13, 2012, 7:42:10 AM5/13/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Oops - forgot to put a full patch... what is your current android-x86 version?

regs

Ameise

May 21, 2012, 2:02:59 PM5/21/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
@Ron M:
I tried applying the patches step by step to the end of ics-x86 branch - but no luck at all. Could you pls. provide a complete patch which compiles successfully? Some hints are also welcome - I'm new to android-x86 & git.
Thanks in advance,
Ameise

Ron M

Jul 16, 2012, 9:41:57 AM7/16/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
@Ameise, sorry it took me so long, I was tied up with things and then
I just lost track of the mailing lists...
This writeup was relevant for RC1 (Android 4.0.1/ 4.0.3) but things
changed in 4.0.4 .
If you still need something specific to the previous version let me
know - otherwise please use the patch in the new writeup.

Thanks,
-Ron