Necessitas alpha 3 update 2

BogDan

Dec 11, 2011, 10:23:04 AM12/11/11
to android-qt
Hello folks,

I'm honored to announce the second update of Necessitas alpha 3
release [1].
This release brings a new keyboard implementation which I announce it
early this month [2]. As I said before there are a few small things
which are still missing (I'd like to mention the selection which is
not the best in town), but, overall I can say that all Qt users will
enjoy a first class experience when it comes to input support. Also I
tied to make it a little bit smarter:
- If the input widget is bigger than 2/3 of the screen size your
window will be resized.
- Else the window will be moved in order to ensure widget visibility.

Yours sincerely,
BogDan.

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/android-qt/browse_thread/thread/1d729d895b0379ed
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/android-qt/browse_thread/thread/3be1cba871e7e51c

Marco Bernasocchi

Dec 11, 2011, 2:36:42 PM12/11/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com, BogDan
Hi BogDan,
What is the best way to keep the java code uptodate? I created an app
with 0.3 and then "recreated" it when 0.31 came out, it there a better
way to do that than replace the java code?

ciao MArco

--
Marco Bernasocchi
www.opengis.ch

hubbobubbo

Dec 12, 2011, 3:58:41 PM12/12/11
to android-qt
Hi Bogdan

Good to hear. One silly question, should I expect to find this version
here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/necessitas/files/

The dates are still quite old.

BR

Johan

On Dec 11, 3:23 pm, BogDan <taipanroma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I'm honored to announce the second update of Necessitas alpha 3
> release [1].
> This release brings a new keyboard implementation which I announce it
> early this month [2]. As I said before there are a few small things
> which are still missing (I'd like to mention the selection which is
> not the best in town), but, overall I can say that all Qt users will
> enjoy a first class experience when it comes to input support. Also I
> tied to make it a little bit smarter:
>  - If the input widget is bigger than 2/3 of the screen size your
> window will be resized.
>  - Else the window will be moved in order to ensure widget visibility.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> BogDan.
>

> [1]http://groups.google.com/group/android-qt/browse_thread/thread/1d729d...
> [2]http://groups.google.com/group/android-qt/browse_thread/thread/3be1cb...

faenil

Dec 12, 2011, 6:02:34 PM12/12/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
you can find the update via Updater in QtCreator once you have installed necessitas ;)

Lorn Potter

Dec 13, 2011, 4:14:48 AM12/13/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

On 13/12/2011, at 9:02 AM, faenil wrote:

> you can find the update via Updater in QtCreator once you have installed necessitas ;)

Unless it doesn't see any updates (mine doesn't - mac)

As well, someone new to the project would not want to download those files. Download and install the sdk, which may or may not work (it didnt for me - linux) just to have to download and install an update. :)

Willy Gardiol

Dec 13, 2011, 5:15:47 AM12/13/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

In my experience, i also like to have an offline installer so i dont
depend on network access...
but it's low priority, at least untill beta/rc!

--
Willy Gardiol
wi...@gardiol.org

mingw android

Dec 13, 2011, 11:25:55 AM12/13/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorn,

Are you sure about this? I've seen updates working fine on Mac. Can
you run the sdk maintainence tool manually to see if it picks up new
packages?

> Download and install the sdk, which may or may not work (it didnt for me - linux) just to have to download and install an update. :)

I'm think you've got this a bit confused. If you download and install
the sdk, you'll be downloading the latest updates, so there'd be no
point downloading the sdk then trying to download updates (unless we
released updates in the interim period!)

Cheers,

Ray.

Lorn Potter

Dec 14, 2011, 3:29:36 AM12/14/11
to mingw android, andro...@googlegroups.com

On 14/12/2011, at 2:25 AM, mingw android wrote:

> Hi Lorn,
>
> Are you sure about this? I've seen updates working fine on Mac. Can
> you run the sdk maintainence tool manually to see if it picks up new
> packages?

Indeed, I see no updates available. :(
Going into the package manager I see I have android gdb 7.3, base package r11, platform tools r05.

>> Download and install the sdk, which may or may not work (it didnt for me - linux) just to have to download and install an update. :)
>
> I'm think you've got this a bit confused. If you download and install
> the sdk, you'll be downloading the latest updates, so there'd be no
> point downloading the sdk then trying to download updates (unless we
> released updates in the interim period!)

ahh. ok. the online installer failed for me, at any rate.

Marco Bernasocchi

Dec 14, 2011, 6:41:27 AM12/14/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com, mingw android
Hi, I've a problem as well, I started an update which failed at 22%
because of a network problem (wifi failed).
Now when i start the updater it says no updates available. As well, I
don't like much having to run the updater on every machine, ending up
downloading 3x everything, and I'm lucky in Switzerland with a 5Mbit
connection, I can imagine how painful it is with a slow connection

ciao Marco

--
Marco Bernasocchi
www.opengis.ch

Marco Bernasocchi

Dec 16, 2011, 2:02:13 PM12/16/11
to BogDan Vatra, andro...@googlegroups.com
BogDan, I there a way to force QtCreator update to redo an update? It
doesnt pick up updates after an update went wrong.

Ciao Marco

On 12/11/2011 04:23 PM, BogDan wrote:

--
Marco Bernasocchi
www.opengis.ch

BogDan Vatra

Dec 16, 2011, 2:13:45 PM12/16/11
to Marco Bernasocchi, andro...@googlegroups.com
AFAIK no. Why you want to redo an update? It is something wrong with it ?

BogDan.

Marco Bernasocchi

Dec 16, 2011, 2:19:51 PM12/16/11
to BogDan Vatra, andro...@googlegroups.com
Becaue I never got it. When I tried it it got to 22% and then my network
failed and the update never finished, now when I start the updater it
tells me that no update is available. I generated a new project from
creator and compared the QtActivity and QtApplication files wit the ones
generated before the update and they are exactly the sames and my app
has no new keyboard, ecc.
Any suggestions?

btw which is the best way to keep the QtActivity and QtApplication files
uptodate? check them out from some repo?

ciao
MArco

--
Marco Bernasocchi
www.opengis.ch

BogDan Vatra

Dec 16, 2011, 3:09:04 PM12/16/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
QtActivity and QtApplication files are not changed. I'll think about
a solution to automatically update this files. Actually when I
redesigned java part I tried to make it as simple is possible, because
those files should never changed (except, of course, the
translations).
To check new keyboard implementation just make sure Ministro has
updated its repository. All your existing Qt applications should just
work. You don't need to recompile any of them.

Anyway if you want to make sure you have the latest qt libs, just
uninstall/install them.

BogDan.

QtActivity and QtApplication files are not changed

BogDan Vatra

Dec 16, 2011, 3:11:35 PM12/16/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Please open a ticket to https://sourceforge.net/p/necessitas/tickets
about automatically update android files.

Thank you.

BogDan.

Marco Bernasocchi

Dec 16, 2011, 3:15:33 PM12/16/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com, BogDan Vatra
ok Thx I didnt realis the keyboard stuff was coming from ministro as
well, I works super Thanks

ciao
Marco

--
Marco Bernasocchi
www.opengis.ch

Marco Bernasocchi

Dec 16, 2011, 3:24:06 PM12/16/11
to BogDan Vatra, andro...@googlegroups.com

BogDan Vatra

Dec 16, 2011, 3:41:52 PM12/16/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
All changes we are making to Qt (e.g. keyboard improvements, stile
plugin, etc.) will come trough Ministro, your applications
doesn't need any additional modifications, this is the beauty of
Ministro ! Check this thread [1] for more informations.
We provide the same SDK updates because we need them to debug
your application.

Cheers,