Necessitas alpha4 status report

BogDan Vatra

Dec 2, 2011, 1:42:56 PM12/2/11
to android-qt
Hello folks,

I writing this mail to inform you about Necessitas alpha4 release
status. When we released alpha 3 we said that will try to release
alpha 4 (the last one) till the end of November, but I forgot to
mention the most important thing: that we also depend on Nokia to
release the sable 4.8, because we can't guarantee something which is
not guaranteed by its creator.

Meanwhile we'll release new updates for current release which will
bring more fixes and improved features.
On this occasion I'd like to let you know that I just close the very
first (and the oldest) Necessitas issue [1]. It is about virtual
keyboard support which I managed to rewrite it and (almost) finish it
[2]. There are a few small things which are still missing (I'd like to
mention the selection which is not the best in town), but, overall I
can say that all Qt users will enjoy a first class experience when it
comes to input support. The new implementation will be added to the
next update (which will come soon).

Cheers,
BogDan.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/issues/detail?id=1
[2] http://commits.kde.org/android-qt/d4853d1ce71e591fc031c0f9e505b814f833e332

Willy Gardiol

Dec 5, 2011, 3:27:16 AM12/5/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Great job!
i like how all this is coming along very much. As soon as it will be
BETA i will try a formal release, after that i will be contributing to
the project too :)

ciao

--
Willy Gardiol
wi...@gardiol.org

Levi Ribeiro

Dec 13, 2011, 10:50:41 AM12/13/11
to android-qt
Great! Necessitas is growing very fast, i hope we can check out the
beta version soon.

Regards,

> >http://commits.kde.org/android-qt/d4853d1ce71e591fc031c0f9e505b814f83...
>
> --
> Willy Gardiol
> wi...@gardiol.orgwww.gardiol.orgwww.trackaway.org-> Track YOUR way the way you want!

Endy

Dec 19, 2011, 6:50:58 AM12/19/11
to android-qt
Waiting impatient for that release... Hope that Audio now will be
supported

Bests,

On 13 dez, 13:50, Levi Ribeiro <levigribe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great!Necessitasis growing very fast, i hope we can check out the

> beta version soon.
>
> Regards,
>
> On 5 dez, 06:27, Willy Gardiol <wi...@gardiol.org> wrote:
>

> > Great job!
> > i like how all this is coming along very much. As soon as it will be
> > BETA i will try a formal release, after that i will be contributing to
> > the project too :)
>
> > ciao
>
> > Il 02.12.2011 20:42 BogDan Vatra ha scritto:
>
> > > Hello folks,
>

> > >    I writing this mail to inform you aboutNecessitasalpha4 release

> > > status. When we released alpha 3 we said that will try to release

> > > alpha4(the last one) till the end of November, but I forgot to

> > > mention the most important thing: that we also depend on Nokia to
> > > release the sable 4.8, because we can't guarantee something which is
> > > not guaranteed by its creator.
>
> > > Meanwhile we'll release new updates for current release which will
> > > bring more fixes and improved features.
> > > On this occasion I'd like to let you know that I just close the very

> > > first (and the oldest)Necessitasissue [1]. It is about virtual

Levi Ribeiro

Dec 19, 2011, 11:41:22 AM12/19/11
to android-qt
Patience, young padawan, patience..... haha

Cesar Ribera

Jun 12, 2012, 10:34:10 AM6/12/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi BogDan.

When you said "  that we also depend on Nokia to release the stable 4.8, because we can't guarantee something which is not guaranteed by its creator. "

If so, is there any tentative date for Alpha 4 now? Just to have an idea.
Thanks in advance for any info, best regards.
César

BogDan Vatra

Jun 12, 2012, 12:42:20 PM6/12/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com