Freshly gingerbread build blank emulator

Saqlain

Dec 20, 2011, 4:45:01 AM12/20/11
to Android Building
Hello,

I am doing gingerbread source build on Ubuntu 10.10, 64bit machine.

but when i run emualtor i just see blank emualtor, below thread do
mention this problem...

http://groups.google.com/group/android-building/browse_thread/thread/58da9a6d14c37126

But after applying workaround it suggest to build if i do so i get
error

build/core/base_rules.mk:162: *** sdk/monkeyrunner/etc:
MODULE.HOST.EXECUTABLES.monkeyrunner already defined by development/
tools/monkeyrunner/etc. Stop.

What i am missing?

Thanks,
Saqlain.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 20, 2011, 11:45:35 AM12/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
There's some trickiness in gingerbread. In a nutshell, the variant of
the emulator code that's in the gingerbread branch is too old to run
the most recent gingerbread system images, so you need to build a
newer emulator and use a newer kernel.

If I remember correctly:

repo forall platform/external/qemu -c git checkout aosp/tools_r12
rm -rf out
source build/envsetup.sh
lunch full-eng
make
emulator -kernel prebuilt/android-arm/kernel/kernel-qemu-armv7 &

JBQ

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Mathew Says IdareYou

Dec 20, 2011, 11:26:58 AM12/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com

You didn't do anything wrong , monkeyrunner is being double-defined .

Saqlain

Dec 21, 2011, 2:35:22 AM12/21/11
to Android Building
Thanks Jean!