Comics on Comics - Damon Lindelof

1 view

thinbluemime

May 20, 2009, 1:52:13 PM5/20/09

Cursed Numbers: Damon Lindelof - Comics on Comics

I've been waiting for this interview to surface, heard about it a week or
so ago, but wasn't available for download then.

BTW, the 27 year question asked here:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.lost/msg/e7faf3ff46ac84d0

is answered in this interview, here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzY-zm2jaYw

------------------------

ComicsOnComics May 20, 2009

In this clip for Comics on Comics episode: Lost, Damon Lindelof discusses
the Lost alternate reality games and explains the significance of the
cursed numbers for the first time in public!

More Here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ComicsOnComics

--
http://www.lostdude.com

thinbluemime

May 20, 2009, 2:26:17 PM5/20/09
On Wed, 20 May 2009 13:52:13 -0400, thinbluemime <thinbl...@tbm.com>
wrote:

> Cursed Numbers: Damon Lindelof - Comics on Comics

> ComicsOnComics May 20, 2009
>
> In this clip for Comics on Comics episode: Lost, Damon Lindelof
> discusses the Lost alternate reality games and explains the significance
> of the cursed numbers for the first time in public!

download 2nd half of interview here: (massive 400 MB)
http://comicsoncomics.podbean.com/2009/05/20/comics-on-comics-lost-episode-damon-lindelof-jeff-katz-high/

I will convert to a wmv format when I have time, for much smaller
download....stay tuned

--
http://www.lostdude.com

Harold

May 20, 2009, 3:04:03 PM5/20/09
I'm watching this now. In a very real sense, Damon Lindelof discusses
how they were writing Lost as they went along. He discusses how
"surreal" the experience was, being that they were presented with the
idea: an island drama based on the reality show "Survivor". After the
head of ABC (at the time) was fired for green-lighting the $12 million
pilot, Damon met with J.J. Abrams in January 2004 and was asked,
"Could you guys throw something (a pilot) together?" (in time for the
upcoming season). Damon says he didn't think they could sustain "this
thing" much beyond the pilot episode.

One hilarious (and interesting) question from someone else on the
panel: "How do you do like (sic) an H.G. Wells show in a 'Get 'er
done' society?"

Harold

thinbluemime

May 20, 2009, 4:14:41 PM5/20/09
On Wed, 20 May 2009 15:04:03 -0400, Harold <harold....@gmail.com>
wrote:

I'm listening to audio while doing other work, I had to stop and relisten
to 'Libby' being discussed. Lost writers WANTED Cynthia Watros and asked
her to come back...SHE SAID NO....
They won't recast and will not do Libby's backstory (Mental Institute)
without Cynthia Watros.

Libby, Libby, Libby!

--
http://www.lostdude.com

thinbluemime

May 20, 2009, 4:15:45 PM5/20/09
On Wed, 20 May 2009 14:26:17 -0400, thinbluemime <thinbl...@tbm.com>
wrote:

>> ComicsOnComics May 20, 2009
>>
>> In this clip for Comics on Comics episode: Lost, Damon Lindelof
>> discusses the Lost alternate reality games and explains the
>> significance of the cursed numbers for the first time in public!
>
> download 2nd half of interview here: (massive 400 MB)
> http://comicsoncomics.podbean.com/2009/05/20/comics-on-comics-lost-episode-damon-lindelof-jeff-katz-high/
>
> I will convert to a wmv format when I have time, for much smaller
> download....stay tuned

Converted formats include MP3 Audio only (32 kbps), and a LOW quality WMV
video format. Check file extensions and file size before downloading. I
will do a better quality video later, if I can get file size small enough
to make it worth a download.
Files are/will be in this folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6fb51a0f13eeeae9d5a101cf914073b45763066204822a80

(NOTE: the LOW Quality vid plays fine on one of my players (VLC Media
Player) but locks up sporadically on another (JetAudio)

--
http://www.lostdude.com

dustid

May 20, 2009, 4:38:16 PM5/20/09
On May 20, 4:14 pm, thinbluemime <thinbluem...@tbm.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 May 2009 15:04:03 -0400, Harold <harold.john...@gmail.com>

Does it say when she said no? She has always said in interviews that
she would be willing to go back should she be asked. What's the
source where this information came from?

thinbluemime

May 20, 2009, 4:50:31 PM5/20/09
On Wed, 20 May 2009 16:38:16 -0400, dustid <Dus...@gmail.com> wrote:

ᅵ

>> to 'Libby' being discussed. Lost writers WANTED Cynthia Watros and

>> asked ᅵ

>> her to come back...SHE SAID NO....

>> They won't recast and will not do Libby's backstory (Mental Institute) ᅵ
>> without Cynthia Watros.

> Does it say when she said no?

No, no time table was mentioned.

> She has always said in interviews that
> she would be willing to go back should she be asked. What's the
> source where this information came from?

Lindelof himself. Grab the MP3 audio if you can, it's only 12 MB and 49
min in length. Nearly all the important information can be gleaned from
the audio.

--
http://www.lostdude.com

dustid

May 20, 2009, 4:50:35 PM5/20/09
On May 20, 4:50 pm, thinbluemime <thinbluem...@tbm.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 May 2009 16:38:16 -0400, dustid <Dus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >> to 'Libby' being discussed. Lost writers WANTED Cynthia Watros and
> >> asked
> >> her to come back...SHE SAID NO....
> >> They won't recast and will not do Libby's backstory (Mental Institute)
> >> without Cynthia Watros.
>
> > Does it say when she said no?
>
> No, no time table was mentioned.
>
> > She has always said in interviews that
> > she would be willing to go back should she be asked.  What's the
> > source where this information came from?
>
> Lindelof himself. Grab the MP3 audio if you can, it's only 12 MB and 49
> min in length. Nearly all the important information can be gleaned from
> the audio.
>
> --http://www.lostdude.com

Ok, thanks - I appreciate that. :)

sol...@aol.com

May 20, 2009, 5:16:33 PM5/20/09
Hi thin,

On May 20, 3:14 pm, thinbluemime <thinbluem...@tbm.com> wrote:

> I'm listening to audio while doing other work, I had to stop and relisten
> to 'Libby' being discussed. Lost writers WANTED Cynthia Watros and asked
> her to come back...SHE SAID NO....
> They won't recast and will not do Libby's backstory (Mental Institute)
> without Cynthia Watros.
>
> Libby, Libby, Libby!

When it says Libby, Libby, Libby! on the label, label, label,
Then you'll like it, like it, like it on your table, table.
table. ;-)

OK, now I've got that stupid ditty in my head. :-(

-/< /\ />-

AC

May 20, 2009, 5:29:39 PM5/20/09

"Harold" <harold....@gmail.com> wrote in message

I've been saying EXACTLY that for bloody ages. It was the very first thing I
ever read about Lost. And all I got was a load of abuse and ridicule for
saying so. I'm happy to be seen as completely wrong, stupid, moronic,
whatever, in every other subject I've ever posted, but I always knew that
was 100% right about the 'birth' of Lost.

I don't expect any one here to have the common decency to apologise, but at
least its there in the open now.

Thank you so much for posting that. I'm off to have a listen my self. And
well done Damon for saying it.

AC

thinbluemime

May 20, 2009, 5:29:57 PM5/20/09
On Wed, 20 May 2009 17:16:33 -0400, <sol...@aol.com> wrote:

>> Libby, Libby, Libby!
>
> When it says Libby, Libby, Libby! on the label, label, label,
> Then you'll like it, like it, like it on your table, table.
> table. ;-)
>
> OK, now I've got that stupid ditty in my head. :-(

LOL, I know...Just don't eat, the Dharma potted meat...if you know what I
mean

"When it says Libby, Libby, Libby! on the label, label, label, Then you'll
like it, like it, like it"

BTW, a very brief synopsis of the 45 min talk session can be found here,
for those bandwidth handicapped:
http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2009/05/latest-from-kristin.html

--
http://www.lostdude.com