Come Early, Be Loud, Stay Late

Mathews J. Thundyil

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

Mack Brown used to say this at UNC, and thats become his signature
in Texas. Do you think the fans will do so?

Matt Thundyil

Highlander

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

In article <6bvrkk$m...@piglet.cc.utexas.edu>, ma...@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
(Mathews J. Thundyil) wrote:

> Mack Brown used to say this at UNC, and thats become his signature
> in Texas. Do you think the fans will do so?

I don't know. The frat people like to get there late and then the frat
people grow up to be the people sitting on the West side of the stadium.

James

I have usually been a follower of the above three.

Jay Patrick Howard

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

Mathews J. Thundyil (ma...@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu) wrote:

: Mack Brown used to say this at UNC, and thats become his signature
: in Texas. Do you think the fans will do so?

With all the 11am/noon games we've had...my motto is: "Get up Late, Go as
quick as you can, etc..."

Mathews J. Thundyil

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

Michael Mosteller <m.mos...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>I hope he is addressing this to the alumni who don't show up if Texas is
>in a losing season.

I think he is addressing it to the students who have never heard the
Eyes of Texas because they leave the game early, either because Texas
is winning *or* (even worse) because Texas is losing.

Matt Thundyil

Michael Mosteller

Feb 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/13/98
>(Mathews J. Thundyil) wrote:
>
>> Mack Brown used to say this at UNC, and thats become his signature
>> in Texas. Do you think the fans will do so?
>

>I don't know. The frat people like to get there late and then the frat
>people grow up to be the people sitting on the West side of the stadium.
>

>James
>
>I have usually been a follower of the above three.

I hope he is addressing this to the alumni who don't show up if Texas is
in a losing season. I was appalled at the lack of alumni at the Kansas
game this past season. I know it was cold but I went because I love the
team and wanted to show my support for all the seniors who were leaving.
I think most fans will if they are true Texas fans. He is certainly making
a great impression on my friends and I. I can't wait for season tickets
to go on sale.
Michael

Michael Mosteller

Feb 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/13/98

In article <6c0bk9$n...@piglet.cc.utexas.edu>, ma...@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Mathews J. Thundyil) says:

>Michael Mosteller <m.mos...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>>I hope he is addressing this to the alumni who don't show up if Texas is
>>in a losing season.
>
>I think he is addressing it to the students who have never heard the
>Eyes of Texas because they leave the game early, either because Texas
>is winning *or* (even worse) because Texas is losing.
>

>Matt Thundyil
>

>Actually, I'm a student who went to every home game, stayed till the end,
sang the Eyes of Texas, went to the Rice, Baylor, and OU away games, bought
season tickets, always shows up early, always cheers, and will go to all
of the games next year.
Michael