Santa Barbara links 6/21/08

lc

Jun 21, 2008, 4:49:59 PM6/21/08
Santa Barbara links 6/21/08:

Local Blogger Review, heh. [Santa Barbara]
http://thesbreview.blogspot.com/2008/06/local-blogger-review-heh.html
Link to Craig Smith’s blog
http://craigsmithsblog.blogspot.com/
Link to Blogabarbara
http://blogabarbara.blogspot.com/
Link to, ahem, Santa Barbara’s Blog
http://santabarbarasblog.com/
Link to I’m Not One to Blog.
http://imnotonetoblogbut.blogspot.com/
The Santa Barbara Review
http://thesbreview.blogspot.com/

Santa Barbara Media Blog
http://www.independent.com/news/columns/santa_barbara_media_blog/
Beautiful Santa Barbara Blog
http://www.santabarbaraproperties.com/weblog/
Blogs about: Santa Barbara
http://wordpress.com/tag/santa-barbara/
Santa Barbara Housing Bubble Blog
http://sbhousingbubble.blogspot.com/
SB Working Moms
http://busyworkingmomsantabarbara.blogspot.com/
Santa Barbara Trails Blog
http://blogs.sbtrails.org/
Santa Barbara Surfing
http://www.santabarbarasurfing.com/
Santa Barbara Green Spot
http://www.bestgreenblogs.com/santa-barbara-green-spot/
Yacht Pals
http://yachtpals.com/
C.W. Nevius.blog
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=18&entry_id=6845
SB Real Estate
http://www.santabarbararealestatevoice.com/
santa barbara craig's list
http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/
SB Film Festival
http://www.sbfilmfestival.org/blog/
Santa Barbara Festival
http://www.filmfestivalstv.com/santabarbara/
SantaBarbara's videoblog
http://www.fest21.com/blog/santabarbara
It came from Santa Barbara!
http://blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/2006/12/19/it-came-from-santa-barbara/
Welcome to the UCSB Department of Philosophy!
http://www.philosophy.ucsb.edu/index.html
Expensive Santa Barbara Housing Results In Living In Cars
http://www.lahomelessblog.org/2008/05/expensive-santa-barbara-housing-results.html
Santa Barbara California Foreclosure Trends
http://activerain.com/blogsview/519556/Santa-Barbara-California-Foreclosure
http://activerain.com/ http://activerain.com/bloghome
Report: McCaw buying Santa Barbara property
http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/venture/archives/117870.asp
Santa Barbara Wine
http://sbwinefest.blogspot.com/
California Condor
http://cacondorconservation.org/index.cfm
The Lonely Surfer I - Santa Barbara, California
http://blog.rtd13.com/2008/03/08/lonely-surfer-santa-barbara-california/
Acupuncture
http://www.pointsofhealth.org/blog/
Campus Antiwar Network Consolidated Blog
http://www.grassrootspeace.org/campus_antiwar_network/
http://www.grassrootspeace.org/campus_antiwar_network/elizabeth-robinson-ucal-at-santa-barbara/
Santa Barbara Book and Author Festival
http://www.sbbookfestival.org/aaapanels/panels.html
Doc Searles
http://doc-weblogs.com/
http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/doc/
Santa Barbara Star Free-Press
http://sbstarfreepress.blogspot.com/2006/07/blond-on-blonde.html
Snug Spouts
http://snugspout.blogspot.com/
Northern Santa Barbara County
http://www.santamariasun.com/index.php?p=showarticle&id=766
Santa Barbara Real Estate News
http://santabarbararealestatenews.blogspot.com/
Santa Barbara DUI & Criminal Defense
http://www.sblegalhelp.com/sblegallinks.html
Santa Barbara Cave Paintings
http://community.webshots.com/album/5297988XzsNjBCUfD
La Super-Rica - Santa Barbara, CA
http://www.foodgps.com/review/la-super-rica-santa-barbara-ca-saturday-february-16-2008/
Architecture
http://archrecord.construction.com/projects/residential/archives/0510santaBarb.asp
Santa Barbara Vintage Photo
http://www.santabarbaravintagephoto.com/
Santa Barbara Foodie
http://cookiesinheaven.blogspot.com/
Larry Mills
http://larrymillsphotography.blogspot.com/
Motel Nostalgia
http://thepresidiomotel.com/blog/?cat=13
[][][]

McCaw
http://lolita-lolita17.blogspot.com/search/label/McCaw
Lowe
http://lolita-lolita17.blogspot.com/search/label/Lowe
sbnp
http://lolita-lolita17.blogspot.com/search/label/sbnp
Schlessinger
http://lolita-lolita17.blogspot.com/search/label/Schlessinger
[sb porn *s]

[][][]
SANTA BARBARA
http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?as_q=SANTA+BARBARA&num=30&hl=en&ctz=420&c2coff=1&btnG=Search+Blogs&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&bl_pt=&bl_bt=&bl_url=&bl_auth=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=a&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=2000&as_maxd=21&as_maxm=6&as_maxy=2008&lr=&safe=off

lc

Jun 26, 2008, 9:37:46 PM6/26/08
Santa Barbara 6/22/08 to 6/26/08

Sunday, June 22, 2008
Vandenberg-Launched Meteorology Satellite Could Improve
http://www.independent.com/news/2008/jun/22/weathering-storms/
Weathering the Storms Hurricane Prediction
[][]
The Celebrated Past, Stagnant Present, and Possible Future of San
Miguel Island’s Abalone
Diving for Delicacies and Dollars
http://www.independent.com/news/2008/jun/26/celebrated-past-stagnant-present-and-possible-futu/
Thursday, June 26, 2008
[][]
USCG/Condor Rescue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYjuttJq6Io&linkSource=edhat.com
Mr. Mack, Ambassador of Cadillac Style, Dies at 90
http://www.noozhawk.com/local_news/article/0625_mr_mack_ambassador_of_cadillac_style_dies_at_90/
By Rob Kuznia, Noozhawk Staff Writer | Posted on 06/25/2008
The familiar joy rider loved cruising Santa Barbara's streets in his
tricked-out Eldorado with the double horns.
[][]
KFWB 980 AM Radio Spots
http://saveourtrade.blogspot.com/2008/06/kfwb-980-am-radio-spots.html
Sunday, June 22, 2008
[][]
Wednesday June 25, 2008
http://www.car.org/index.php?id=Mzg1MzE=&linkSource=edhat.com
C.A.R. reports sales increased 18.1 percent; median home price fell
35.3 percent in May
The statewide sales figure represents what the total number of homes
sold during 2008 would be if sales maintained the May pace throughout
the year. It is adjusted to account for seasonal factors that
typically influence home sales.

The median price of an existing, single-family detached home in
California during May 2008 was $384,840, a 35.3 percent decrease from
the revised $594,530 median for May 2007, C.A.R. reported. The May
2008 median price fell 4.7 percent compared with April’s $403,870
median price.

“The statewide median price declined 35.3 percent to $384,840 in May,
a record for year-to-year percentage decreases in the median,
reflecting the effect of large numbers of short sales and foreclosures
in the market,” said C.A.R. Vice President and Chief Economist Leslie
Appleton-Young. “With the statewide median in the $585,000- to
$595,000-range through August of last year, we expect the market to
continue to experience large year-to-year adjustments through the
summer, even if the median price holds steady over the next few
months.”

East of State St for Santa Barbara Real Estate Price Range
Statisticshttp://www.santabarbaraproperties.com/weblog/archives/001838.html
from 1/1/2008 to 6/20/2008
[][]
Reporter Gives Notice, Gets Bum's Rush In Return
http://craigsmithsblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/reporter-gives-notice-gets-bums-rush-in.html
Thursday, June 26, 2008
The front page of Wednesday's News-Press had a story about a Florida
man who had his arm bitten off by an alligator.
Luckily, it was a wire service story, so the writer doesn't have to
worry about Wendy McCaw reprimanding him for being “anti-alligator.”
[][]
Carlin: The Anti-Russert
http://www.miller-mccune.com/article/460
Sure, both were extremely smart and both had reputations as good guys
who provided support and mentoring to deserving young talents. But as
all the memorials made clear, Russert bought into mythology of America
without doubt or equivocation, while Carlin rejected it wholeheartedly
and did everything he could to punch holes in what he considered its
flimsy façade.
I don’t mean to suggest either man was disingenuous in his beliefs;
it’s just that one upheld society’s values and the other challenged
them. In the end, that’s why Carlin will have one day of coverage to
Russert’s six. The contrarianism he embodied doesn’t inspire teary
tributes, but it is an absolutely essential element of a healthy, self-
questioning society. Which is something that can, and should, be said
on television.
June 24, 2008
Seinfeld: Carlin was 'the total package'
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/24/lkl.carlin/
[][]
Driving Towards Eternity
http://almostfearless.com/2008/06/26/driving-towards-eternity/
Posted on 26 June 2008

On Jun 21, 1:49 pm, lc <lol7...@msn.com> wrote:
> Santa Barbara links 6/21/08:

> [...]

lc

Jun 26, 2008, 9:58:39 PM6/26/08
So far this week: Santa Barbarian tabloidian traché...

Santa Barbara's best of pricks is on Hawaiian respite. The "family" is
in fashion. It looks like Spicoli replaced the nanny?
http://www.celebritybabyscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/80619x7_lowe_r_b_gr_16.jpg

Jessica Gibson was 17-18 when this started? I hate He Said/She Said
cases. They are so deadend. I'll be shocked if this rich celeb can't
buy his way out of this and be ahead in the PR world. This is great
for his career, name recognition. That's not to say the nannies don't
have a legit case. It's just how life goes at times. Of course, some
narly hair curling sh!t went down, but keeping secrets, when possible,
will be #1.

"Lowe lawyer Stanton Stein denied his side is currying favor with the
chef. 'We're not giving him any money,' he said."
"'It's great, it's been dropped,' Clements told The Post yesterday.
"Clements said he's under no obligation to testify for Lowe. 'I have
nothing to do with the nannies,' he said."
Lowe and wife Sheryl had filed a lawsuit against chef Peter Clements
in April, accusing him of having sex in their bed while they traveled,
he was stealing their food and their medications.

Chef PETER JOHN ROBERT CLEMENTS filed bankruptcy. They may not need to
exchange money to curry favor with him.
The lawsuit the Lowes filed was revealing, manipulative and harassing,
of course, Clements would be relieved to just end it. The whispers and
accustions of sex with Sheryl or Rod or various ménage à trois ..
like addicts on a binge, is not the good family man image. The Lowes
help Clements bankrupted pocketbook but they leave his reputation in
the sewer [ a top tourist attraction in Paris ].

Wake us up when Brothers & Sisters is over....
http://skinindex.com/archives/rob%20lowe%20full%20frontal%20nude-thumb.jpg

"Remember the Rob Lowe scandal in the late '80s? Like Kelly*, he was
accused of having sex with an underage girl. Like Kelly, he was
videotaped. And, like Kelly, that tape made the rounds, although back
then the Internet wasn't nearly as viral as today."
*R. Kelly http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/kelly/1006829,CST-NWS-rkelly15.article
Unlike Kelly, Lowe acknowledged he was the videographer and had sex
with an underage girl. Today, without money and PR he'd be a
registered sex offender for life. He did alcohol and/or sex rehab. Did
he keep it up? ...or more Santa Barbara secrets?

Who are they talking about and who is the firsthand witness who said:
“the nastiest, foul-mouthed, irrational, insanely demanding, a-hole
I’ve ever worked with.” They weren't talking about Wendy McCaw or
Laura Schlessinger.
[][]
Boss from hell winner of the year...
http://lolita-lolita17.blogspot.com/search/label/McCaw
http://lolita-lolita17.blogspot.com/search/label/Lowe
Calixe 21 Feb 2008
http://yachts.monacoeye.com/files/feadship_634_calixe.php
http://yachts.monacoeye.com/files/calixe_02.jpg
yachts. monaco eye
http://yachts.monacoeye.com/files/category-feadship.php

On Jun 26, 6:37 pm, lc <lol7...@msn.com> wrote:
> [...]

> Carlin: The Anti-Russerthttp://www.miller-mccune.com/article/460

> Sure, both were extremely smart and both had reputations as good guys
> who provided support and mentoring to deserving young talents. But as
> all the memorials made clear, Russert bought into mythology of America
> without doubt or equivocation, while Carlin rejected it wholeheartedly
> and did everything he could to punch holes in what he considered its
> flimsy façade.
> I don’t mean to suggest either man was disingenuous in his beliefs;
> it’s just that one upheld society’s values and the other challenged
> them. In the end, that’s why Carlin will have one day of coverage to
> Russert’s six. The contrarianism he embodied doesn’t inspire teary
> tributes, but it is an absolutely essential element of a healthy, self-
> questioning society. Which is something that can, and should, be said

lc

Jun 27, 2008, 1:16:17 AM6/27/08
Anarchy update: Laura Schlessinger handicap-Mountain View in the
trenches//Re: 6-21 to 6-26-08

At the Laura Schlessinger goggle, it is ALL commercial drudgery this
week as she races into first place victory or crumbles into defeat.
Second place is below what a narcissitic/addictive personality can
endure, a total failure. The F-list actress would be able to pull off
a second place is alright act. In any event, the buzz is that her
mental problems aren't as well hidden as usual. She has an ace crew to
sail for her and the handlers to puff up her front. Old symbiotic Lew
has his role defined. She's not ready for a total breakdown, yet.
She's had time to settle for second place failure. Unless Deryk
Schlessinger comes out. He's the "good" "family value$" son.

Anarchy update: 6/25/08 Schlessinger will compete on handicap in her
J/100
http://www.sailinganarchy.com/index_page1.php
Yes, Schlessinger ditches her old fleet of J/Boats and jumps into the
Communist made Flying Tiger fleet !!
http://www.blur.se/images/FT_11.jpg

In Lauraland the "liberal" is the "enemy" and sometimes "commies".
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.royalty/msg/49482b181cda6bec
Revisionist history is in. That is when they're not making up 2008
"history".
"Web-a-thoning" and "From the Front Lines" in beautiful Mountain View
California. Comparing the 8 hour radio studio gig to what Jerry Lewis
does. I haven't seen the statement, but they are to give directions to
where it says the troops get 100% of what you send [so others can
package for you]. There is a $79 package deal and something about
Kona Coffee from Hawaii. I don't get the live stream. The "chat" is
typical cheerleaders and keywords, "War on Terror". **Following below
a few examples...

I take it most of these celebrities will call in from their luxury
estates, studios, yachts or suites. They'll repeat the same
cheerleading propaganda and find record breaking donors to have
someone else send a package... lazy aloof patriotism. They will be in
touch with "Front Line" troops and set up those sweet family moments?
Good for the troops and all. It's the vulger exhibitions by war
profiteers that is disgusting.

Laura Schlessinger gets days of BIG FLAG "patriot" PR, how long will
she spend at the June 26, 2008 "Web-a-thon"?
Or how long calling in?
June 26, 2008 Iraq kill: 3 US Marines, bombings kill dozens
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67634
The target of the Mosul blast appeared to be the provincial governor,
who was near the explosion but escaped injury.
Military facing $100B in equipment repairs
http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/2008-06-25-Military-repairs_N.htm

June marks highest monthly death toll for coalition forces in
Afghanistan since 2001
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/06/26/june-marks-highest-monthly-death-toll-for-coalition-forces-in-afghanistan-since-2001/

Handicapped or not, the 3 day Long Beach Race means a great deal to
Laura . You'd think mental and physical prep would be #1. With
handicap status she might find more time to put in for the troops? Her
past "charity" debacles make her look like a total fake. That and the
way she left her religion... She was caught sailing the Sabbath, again
demonstrating she's not her act.
ALL EYES ON LAURA SCHLESSINGER. PERFECT!

If you're in the neighborhood be sure see the races.
Spectators can view the racing from the Seal Beach pier and there will
be a band at Alamitos Bay Yacht Club on Friday evening for event
participants and their families.
http://www.bymnews.com/news/newsDetails.php?id=28560

[]
Waste of bandwidth, Laura
Dr. Laura Schlessinger's Amazon Blog April 22, 2008
http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/A1ENJT5N3LZTC1
A big hit...
Dr. Laura Schlessinger's Journal Friday, May 6th, 2005
http://users.livejournal.com/dr_laura_/
Her underlings do all the work, why the cr@p? Her remaining "fans"
care? They still snare new buyer$?

sb and celebrity
http://www.jaunted.com/files/admin/nicklacheyogle.png
http://www.bartcop.com/meng08.jpg
http://www.jaunted.com/files/admin/judeandsiennajerk.png
http://cache.virtualtourist.com/2373102-Santa_Barbara_View_From_County_Courthouse_Tower-Santa_Barbara.jpg
http://www.hotelsoftherichandfamous.com/hotels/the-biltmore-santa-barbara/the-biltmore-santa-barbara-default.jpg
http://www.hotelsoftherichandfamous.com/hotels/bacara-resort-and-spa/bacara-resort-and-spa-default.jpg

On Jun 26, 6:58 pm, lc <lol7...@msn.com> wrote:
> [...]

> http://skinindex.com/archives/rob%20lowe%20full%20frontal%20nude-thum...

> "Remember the Rob Lowe scandal in the late '80s? Like Kelly*, he was
> accused of having sex with an underage girl. Like Kelly, he was
> videotaped. And, like Kelly, that tape made the rounds, although back
> then the Internet wasn't nearly as viral as today."

> *R. Kelly http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/kelly/1006829,CST-NWS-rkelly15.art...

> Unlike Kelly, Lowe acknowledged he was the videographer and had sex
> with an underage girl. Today, without money and PR he'd be a
> registered sex offender for life. He did alcohol and/or sex rehab. Did
> he keep it up? ...or more Santa Barbara secrets?
>
> Who are they talking about and who is the firsthand witness who said:
> “the nastiest, foul-mouthed, irrational, insanely demanding, a-hole
> I’ve ever worked with.” They weren't talking about Wendy McCaw or

lc

Jun 27, 2008, 1:22:43 AM6/27/08
continued from Anarchy update
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.royalty/msg/ef9f5f1bb6f70c5a

**"chat" room 6/26/08 "From the Front Lines"
http://static.ustream.tv/images/event_picture/231_frontlines.jpg

...by kareykeever 1 hours ago
JC Watts would be a great choice!
...by susanjane 1 hours ago
Hi, This is wonderful! I have tried to call RUSH to no avail, with my
VP choice for McCain. How about Bill Cosby? Or another one to
consider, JC Watts.
...by RyanInSanJose 1 hours ago
This is pretty sweet. Chipped in with a $79.99 package this morning,
got some good job info at noon, so decided on another $79.99 package.
...by Kcasey415 1 hours ago
where's the donate botton?
...by stnkdtktor 1 hours ago
Using a website called Campaign Store makes me su****ious that 100%
will not go to the troops. Can anyone direct me to where it states
100% of donations go to the troops?
...by dmk88keys 1 hours ago
My daughter just returned from a tour in Iraq, and I cannot tell you
how true it is the what you see on CNN is NOT what is going on there.
She was so enthusiastic about their success that she begged to stay
another six months. God Bless our troops!"
...by bottoni263 1 hours ago
We have to use this as a forum for conservatives to continue to
support the troops. We must get john McCain elected or god forbid we
may be saying President Obama.
...by DinkyDau 2 hours ago
We are witnessing history in the making here folks..
...by Goforit 2 hours ago
I gave for my care package, but am frustrated because I can't get the
stream...guess the package is the most important.
[Goforit is having problems, they post this over and over]
...by BillHudson 3 hours ago
WE SHOULD USE THIS MEDIA METHOD TO ELECT OUR PRESIDENT... BASED ON
TRUTH... NOT DRIVE BY MEDIA
...by DinkyDau 3 hours ago
Just wanted to wish you all the best. Our Troops deserve all we can do
for them.
...by DesertGOP 3 hours ago
Is everybody experiencing the same sort of "garbled"-type audio on
their end as I am on mine? I can hardly understand what anybody's
saying, but the video is excellent.
... by ousoonerfan15 4 hours ago
what is with the sound?
... by artie57 4 hours ago
artie57 Im having trouble hearing anyone have an idea,of what I should
do?
...by DonTFG 4 hours ago
This is Amazing to be in the same place as all you great Americans.
There is still hope my friends
...by Just_A_Grunt 4 hours ago
The video is just herky jerky on my end.
...by Huntress 4 hours ago
God Bless Our Troops!!
...by HonestConservat 4 hours ago
Do I see eeevil?
by Nickbuc 13 days ago
i can't wait for this to Air I will watch it all
...by djRoyce 14 days ago
djRoyce Yes, thank you for risking your life to make KBR Rick.
Guarding Convoy's of trucks with $22 paper plates, and $7.00 Cups. -
My son just got back, and I am madder than hell at the situation over
there. - But not you guys' fault. Your doing what your told. GOD
BLESS!
...by yeapotter 16 days ago
JasonM1, I wish people like you, who oppose the war would not post in
here. I'm sure you could find a far-left-wing anti-war website in
which to rant. Although it is your right to protest the Iraq war, I
don't think this is the proper place to do so. You apparently haven't
all the facts as to why we need to be in Iraq or you wouldn't have
your views. We need to be there.
...by ccgolden 22 days ago
Thanks, your making the world a safer place for my children and future
generations in Iraq.
...by JasonM1 23 days ago
While I strongly oppose our military presence in Iraq, I have great
appreciation and respect for all of our troops. God bless them all.
[][]

"Hour 7: Monica Crowley, Roger Hedgecock, Dr. Laura Shlessinger,
Marcus Luttrell, Mark Crowley, Diane Layfield"
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/06/26/move-america-forward-watch-it-live/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairness_Doctrine

"Incredibly, the event has already raised a quarter of a million
dollars in one day, more than an hour before it even kicks off. You
can sponsor a care package (from $15.99 to $899.99)"

I'm going into a time warp, there are those My Stuff Bags.. Laura
Schlessinger...
http://zzwt.blogspot.com/2007/04/notorious-laura-schlessinger.html

What is the quality in these "historic" packages? Are they need
appropriate? So far I hear coffee and jelly beans. Maybe we'll hear
from recipients other then where the action is staged. Afghanistan is
rough, Iraq has decent comesary. Even in Afghanistan soldiers can get
digital cameras and games. Don't they need ammunition, MRAPs and more
substantial packages?

Are the packages filled with night goggles, ammunition? Is it donated
American made product? Bargain priced made in China? Both? Will the
military transport for "free" [taxpayers]. It will be interesting to
hear the weight and freight...
Guts and Glory...
dmk88keys "My daughter just returned from a tour in Iraq, and I cannot
tell you how true it is the what you see on CNN is NOT what is going
on there. She was so enthusiastic about their success that she begged
to stay another six months." Are there great "success" stories like
this about Afghanistan?
[][]

If only Army private first-class, 3rd Infantry Division, 11 Bravo
Company Isaac Stevens was where he could get a package, too...
Soldiers risk ruin while awaiting benefit checks
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g3jTUpDXeMUUGZpCy24D3_llTg_QD91BAPDG0
Jun 16, 2008
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — His lifelong dream of becoming a soldier had, in
the end, come to this for Isaac Stevens: 28, penniless, in a
wheelchair, fending off the sexual advances of another man in a
homeless shelter. He suffered a head injury and spinal damage before
leaving Fort Benning, Ga.
'Hugely Important Issue'
http://www.military.com/news/article/air-force-news/homeless-vets-hugely-important-issue.html?col=1186032369229
U.S. Vets in Riverside losing funding for disabled housing
http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_S_usvets22.30c4665.html
Judge Rules Against Vets in PTSD Case
http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Releases/Judge+Rules+Against+Vets+in+PTSD+Case/3772149.html
June 25, 2008

From John McCain country...
Heroes to the homeless
The Arizona Republic Jun. 21, 2008
You are probably reading this in the comfortable, air-conditioned
surroundings of your kitchen. Or in your office or workstation, again,
inside an air-conditioned building.
You might already be planning a weekend getaway in Pinetop or Pine,
Munds Park, Flagstaff or Greer.
Some of you are only weeks away from a trip to the coast for the
annual vacation.
But think about this:
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/opinions/articles/0621sat2-21.html

On Jun 26, 10:16 pm, lc <lol7...@msn.com> wrote:
> [...]

> participants and their families.http://www.bymnews.com/news/newsDetails.php?id=28560
>
> []
> Waste of bandwidth, Laura
> Dr. Laura Schlessinger's Amazon Blog April 22, 2008http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/A1ENJT5N3LZTC1
> A big hit...
> Dr. Laura Schlessinger's Journal Friday, May 6th, 2005http://users.livejournal.com/dr_laura_/

> Her underlings do all the work, why the cr@p? Her remaining "fans"
> care? They still snare new buyer$?
>

> sb and celebrityhttp://www.jaunted.com/files/admin/nicklacheyogle.pnghttp://www.bartcop.com/meng08.jpghttp://www.jaunted.com/files/admin/judeandsiennajerk.pnghttp://cache.virtualtourist.com/2373102-Santa_Barbara_View_From_Count...http://www.hotelsoftherichandfamous.com/hotels/the-biltmore-santa-bar...http://www.hotelsoftherichandfamous.com/hotels/bacara-resort-and-spa/...

lc

Jun 28, 2008, 10:55:10 PM6/28/08
Vets,McCain fundraiser, Foley's estate,Schwarzenegger,Drilling,News-
Press,Robert Eringer,marijuana 28-Jun-08

Local Veterans Group Vows to fight for Improved Medical Care.
http://www.keyt.com/news/local/21593149.html?linkSource=edhat.com
(06/27/08)

Here are pictures of the McCain fundraiser at William Foley's estate
in Hope Ranch on Monday. McCain flew into Santa Barbara Municipal
Airport aboard JetBlue. His wife did not join him. Over 250 people
attended the event.
http://www.edhat.com/site/tidbit.cfm?id=1400&nid=12175&linkSource=edhat.com

McCain faces protesters in Santa Barbara
http://embeds.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/img_0173.jpg

Californians Object to McCain’s Drilling Plan
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/24/californians-object-to-mccains-drilling-plan/
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. -– The McCain campaign sometimes makes a virtue
of Senator John McCain’s propensity for telling people not only what
they want to hear, but also what they don’t. It certainly seemed like
many of the people he met in California this week did not want to hear
about his newfound support for off-shore drilling.

One of his donors expressed concern about it at a fund-raiser. Anti-
drilling protesters stood outside his campaign event here Tuesday
morning, raising the specter of the devastating 1969 oil spill here
that helped launch the modern environmental movement. More surprising
was the fact that inside the event, Mr. McCain shared the stage with a
co-panelist who seemed to share the concerns of the protesters.

“It makes me nervous to think about those who are proposing to drain
America’s offshore oil and gas reserves as quickly as possible in the
hopes of driving down the price of gasoline,’’ said the panelist,
Michael Feeney, the executive director of the land trust for Santa
Barbara, who was invited by the McCain campaign to participate in what
was billed as an “environmental briefing” at the Santa Barbara Museum
of Natural History.

“I guess I think, when you look at the good sources of information,
were we to open up the California coast or the Alaska National
Wildlife Refuge to drilling, it would be 12, 15, maybe 20 years before
those resources came online, if not to full production,’’ he said.
“That’s not going to impact the price of gasoline anytime soon.’’

McCains sweater
http://www.peteykins.com/sparklepics3/McCainGaySweater.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z172/bruinbirdman/john-mccain.jpg

Steam is sprayed on rocks at the Santa Barbara breakwater to clear oil
smears. Straw and cat litter were also used in the cleanup effort.
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-04/37724497.jpg

This seal bears streaky traces of oil on its skin. In the words of a
high-ranking official at the time, the 1969 spill was "the event that
galvanized public awareness of the environment and support for a
decade of profound change."
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-04/37724500.jpg

McCain faces energy pushback during Santa Barbara trip
http://clove.tekk.org/blogroll/mccain-faces-energy-pushback-during-santa-barbara-trip/

Schwarzenegger, McCain in Santa Barbara
http://kontar2.blogspot.com/2008/06/schwarzenegger-mccain-in-santa-barbara.html
6/24/08

[][]

Will The News-Press Ever Embrace Blogs?
http://craigsmithsblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/will-news-press-ever-embrace-blogs.html?linkSource=edhat.com
"While McCaw has said on more than one occasion that traditional
journalism is passé, she has yet to demonstrate a willingness to
embrace what will be a major part of the "new" journalism: blogs.
Of course, adding blogs to the News-Press fold would mean she would be
giving up some degree of control over what appears on "her paper's"
website.
Apparently, loss of the ability to censor divergent points of view is
one thing this near billionaire can't afford to lose."
Friday, June 27, 2008

[][] [][]

Robert Eringer "The Investigator"
Jun 21, 2008 - MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES: A LOT OF SMOKE
Santa Barbara News-Press
California
Excerpts...
The DEA months ago served notice to medical marijuana dispensary
landlords in the Santa Barbara area...
"Federal law takes precedence over state law," declared the letter,
delivered to about a dozen such dispensaries in Santa Barbara...
"Violation of this law is a felony crime," the DEA letter continued,
"and carries with it a penalty of up to 20 years in prison."

Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department spokesman Sgt. Alex Tipolt
told The Investigator, "I wouldn't say these dispensaries attract
crime in general, and I wouldn't say they're a public nuisance."
Santa Barbara hosts a dispensary system open to abuse and, based upon
The Investigator's random visits, some customers quite likely do not
suffer the kinds of illnesses -- cancer or glaucoma -- for which the
Compassionate Use Act was designed.

How do dispensary proprietors feel about the possibility of
confiscation and imprisonment by the feds?
...no one would speak to The Investigator about either the DEA's
letter or its dispensing procedures.
...He hung up when asked, "Do you realize how shady that sounds?"
...no one answered the phone, and the voice mailbox was full.
...went unreturned.
"The DEA should focus its efforts on stopping the real threats that
illegal drugs pose to our society," Mrs. Capps told The Investigator.
more > >
http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v08/n606/a04.html

Robert Eringer mont journal
http://www.roberteringer.com/montecitoj.htm