Rightwankers -- led by the idiot Rush Limbo -- are raving about "SWAT" teams on oil rigs -- SWAT teams are special assessment teams from the Dept of Interior, Minerals Management Service -- but don't tell the rightwingers, you'll spoil their conspiracy ravings

1 view

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Apr 30, 2010, 9:08:07 PM4/30/10

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0430/drudge-scare-line-obama-sends-swat-teams-oil-rigs/

Perhaps the right is rattled by the SWAT team they believed had been
called up to disperse a tea party demonstration in Quincy, IL, but
which turned out to be local police in body armor clearing the street
to enable President Obama's motorcade to pass through. But whatever
the cause, they're now seeing the specter of SWAT teams everything.

On Friday afternoon, for example, a headline at the Drudge Report
proclaimed, "Obama Sends SWAT Teams to Oil Rigs..."

It linked to a CBS News story from the previous day which reported,
"Mr. Obama, speaking at an event for the 2010 National Teacher of the
Year, said he had been receiving frequent briefings on the situation
and that he is prepared to use the resources of the Department of
Defense if necessary to deal with the oil spill. ... Mr. Obama said
SWAT teams were being dispatched to the Gulf to investigate oil rigs
and said his administration is now working to determine the cause of
the disaster."

Rush Limbaugh had already pounced on this story and woven it into a
conspiracy theory . He told his audience on Thursday, "I didn't hear
this myself, but I have been informed that President Obama is sending
SWAT teams to the Gulf oil rigs. SWAT teams? I'm waiting on audio
sound bite confirmation of this, but why in the world would you send
SWAT teams to Gulf oil rigs? Oh, I know! Obama probably thinks the tea
party blew up the rig. That's what it is. (laughing) ... We had this
call from a guy out there who said nobody's talking about whether this
was an act of sabotage because I guess they can't prove it, but
they're going to send SWAT teams down there?"

Drudge did not link to any more current story to provide a better
explanation of the president's remarks, but a Friday column by Ed
O'Keefe at the Washington Post, which explains, "The department
deployed SWAT teams from the Minerals Management Service to inspect 30
drilling rigs operating in the deepwater sections of the Gulf of
Mexico. Inspections should be completed within the next week,
according to an Interior Department spokeswoman. Inspectors will check
to see whether the rigs have conducted blow-out preventer tests and
inspect related records."

The key here is that the teams were sent out by the Minerals
Management Service, a section of the Department of the Interior which
"plays a key role in America�s energy supply by managing the mineral
resources on 1.7 billion acres of the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS).
This includes managing Renewable Energy Programs as well as Offshore
Oil and Gas Leasing in Federal waters."

Although ithe acronym is not entirely clear, "SWAT" in this context
could simply stand for "Swift Action Team," or it might represent
something similar to the "soil and water assessment tool" used by the
Department of Agriculture to monitor complex watersheds.

There are also references online to the Obama administration creating
a "SWAT team" within the Office of Management and Budget to set
performance improvement targets

However, the immediate response to the word "SWAT" immediately aroused
the specter of an armed government intervention. Paul Joseph Watson at
Prison Planet, wrote on Friday, "Radio talk show host and former
Reagan cabinet advisor Mark Levin has slammed President Obama�s
bizarre announcement that he will be sending SWAT teams to deal with
the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, alleging that the response is part of a
plan to grease the skids for government takeover and nationalization
of the oil industry."

"Levin alleged that the response was a precursor to government
nationalization of the oil industry via the back door." Watson's story
continued. "'I think those SWAT teams are there in coordination with
the attorney general�s office, the Interior Department, Homeland
Security, maybe the EPA�.to seize records at these sites and to lay
the foundation for more government takeover,' he stated."

http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/go/site/2931/

Buster Norris

Apr 30, 2010, 11:29:11 PM4/30/10

Thread -
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics/browse_thread/thread/4269bbe199299d73/5262a18a3cafa901?lnk=raot

( http://tinyurl.com/34gkx2j )

BUSTED -
http://tinyurl.com/39lk68t

Subject: Re: Rightwing hero, Chuck Norris, never heard a shot fired in
his direction
From: Buster Norris <bus...@buster.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 15:06:29 GMT

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names <PopUlist...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Chuck Norris for example.

Disclosure: I am not related to Chuck Norris........

>Oh, I know -- Norris served two years in the Air Force -- two years at
>Osan AB, Korea. Where the only shots he knew anything about were the
>shots of watered-dwon Johnny Walker at Miss Kim's Long Branch Saloon

Freakshow! YER BUSTED!!!!

1. There is NO bar called that at that base in South Korea!

2. Go ahead and Google "Miss Kim's Long Branch Saloon" and see what
you get:

3. A couple of hits about the old Gunsmoke TV show.

4. And THIS: http://www.angelfire.com/ga/beverlyann1/

5. GO THERE IF YOU DARE!!!

6. Its Freakshow Kickin and she is a he who's a she, or a fucking it!
I kid
you not!

7. Here's what "it" says - "Hi, my name is Beverly Ann and in case you
haven't
figured it out yet, I am Transgendered. I'm not going to try to
explain what
that means; other more qualified people can do that. All I'm going to
try and
do here is give a little information about the gender community and of
course,
post the obligatory bio and pictures. Who said we don't like to show
off. :-) "

8. I dare you to go look at the pics!

9. So Freakshow makes up some ignorant anti-patriot, anti-American
story about
a patriotic American hero Chuck Norris. Everybody already seen
Patriot Games
stomp Freakshow for lying on Chuck Norris before. So Freakshow makes
up some
name of some bar pretending He-She-It been there. Nope, Freakshow
never was in
the military, been documented, but He-She-It made up a name, coulda
been ANY
name, coulda been ANYTHING!

10. What the fuck are the odds Freakshow would make up a name out of
thin air
that does exist? Zero. What the fuck are the odds Freakshow would
make up a
name that CAN ONLY BE A FREAK SITE? Zero.

11. Freakshow Kickin used a real name from memory, HER OWN SITE!

Freakshow! YER FUCKING BUSTED!!!!

>But, what the hell, the rightwingers just love him.

Freakshow! YER FUCKING BUSTED!!!!

==================================

Post more pics on your website:

Your comment - "I love this picture"
http://www.angelfire.com/ga/beverlyann1/images/Bevburgandyvelvet.JPG

Fact Attack

Apr 30, 2010, 11:32:05 PM4/30/10
Obama wants to confiscate the oil rigs as reparations for blacks. No,
just kidding, or maybe not, you know he WANTS to, though.

Buster Norris

Apr 30, 2010, 11:42:57 PM4/30/10

Obuttsuck wants to bend Larry Sinclair over the desk, snort cocaine
off Larry's buttcheeks, and then go crazy-mad 69 with him!!!!!!!!!!!

But he'll settle for destroying America a little bit more every