USB: The Universal Serial Bus

Benjamin David Lunt

Jan 25, 2012, 8:42:29 PM1/25/12
I am excited to announce that my book on USB is now complete
and available at https://www.createspace.com/3760149

For more information, please see
http://www.fysnet.net/The_Universal_Serial_Bus.htm

I want to thank everyone who contributed and all of the interest
that everyone has shown. I appreciate everyone's feedback and
input that I received. It has been a long time coming.

Thank you everyone for your help. I am grateful to you all.

Ben

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Forever Young Software

Batteries not included, some assembly required.

Nomen Nescio

Jan 26, 2012, 6:15:24 AM1/26/12
"Benjamin David Lunt" <zf...@fysnet.net> wrote:

> I am excited to announce that my book on USB is now complete
> and available at https://blahblahblah

Well it's only loosely "available" in the sense that my car is available in
front of my house. It is *there* but if you want it you have to pay for it.

You should have said your book is now being *sold* at blahblahblah

> For more information, please see
> http://www.fysnet.net/The_Universal_Serial_Bus.htm

46 bucks

> I want to thank everyone who contributed and all of the interest
> that everyone has shown.

How do you plan to do that?

> I appreciate everyone's feedback and input that I received.

Oh there, you just did.

> Thank you everyone for your help. I am grateful to you all.

Don't thank them, just throw money.

wolfgang kern

Jan 26, 2012, 7:29:54 AM1/26/12

Benjamin David Lunt informed:

> I am excited to announce that my book on USB is now complete
> and available at https://www.createspace.com/3760149

> For more information, please see
> http://www.fysnet.net/The_Universal_Serial_Bus.htm

> I want to thank everyone who contributed and all of the interest
> that everyone has shown. I appreciate everyone's feedback and
> input that I received. It has been a long time coming.
>
> Thank you everyone for your help. I am grateful to you all.
>
> Ben

Good things may take it's time ... :)
Because I never let the internet see my money-resources,
I'll place an order to my local bookstore today.

Now I'm just eager to have your book in hand.

__
wolfgang

James Harris

Jan 26, 2012, 3:26:07 PM1/26/12
On Jan 26, 1:42 am, "Benjamin David Lunt" <zf...@fysnet.net> wrote:

> I am excited to announce that my book on USB is now complete
> and available at https://www.createspace.com/3760149

Nice one, Ben! For anyone that's looking for a source other than
Createspace there is the following. At the time of writing the only
source it directs to is Amazon US but more sources should become
available over time from the same link.

http://www.bookfinder.com/?lang=en&isbn=9781468151985

> For more information, please see
>  http://www.fysnet.net/The_Universal_Serial_Bus.htm

A great list of contents. I'm drawn to the book based on the comment,
"this book explains in detail how to get started." So often, books
seem to explain the middle without covering the beginning (from a
developer's point of view).

> I want to thank everyone who contributed and all of the interest
> that everyone has shown.  I appreciate everyone's feedback and
> input that I received.  It has been a long time coming.

I bet the work involved to write the thing must dwarf the
contributions made by others many times over.

James

Mike Gonta

Jan 26, 2012, 5:52:24 PM1/26/12
"Benjamin David Lunt" wrote:

> I am excited to announce that my book on USB is now complete
> and available at https://www.createspace.com/3760149
>
> For more information, please see
> http://www.fysnet.net/The_Universal_Serial_Bus.htm

Hi Ben,

This will be the book that wakes up the sleeping OS development.

Mike Gonta
look and see - many look but few see

http://mikegonta.com

wolfgang kern

Jan 27, 2012, 3:35:14 PM1/27/12

Mike Gonta mentioned:
> "Benjamin David Lunt" wrote:

>> I am excited to announce that my book on USB is now complete
>> and available at https://www.createspace.com/3760149

>> For more information, please see
>> http://www.fysnet.net/The_Universal_Serial_Bus.htm

> Hi Ben,

> This will be the book that wakes up the sleeping OS development.

Fully agree,

perhaps we all (the OS-crowd) just waited for Ben's release...
and I still hope that we all may be leaded into a new world of
OS-development with Ben's work and find more to share our personal
experience on the matter even with apart discussion branches.

Not sure if Alexei can read us, because I cannot see his and
Maxim's posts anymore on my usenet account...

I hesitate (for some reason) to check on goggle-news.
Usenet is there to transfer short text-based info for those
who are interested. Me personally Isn't interested in graphical
smilies, nor ww-distributed graphic-bloat-ware...

Text-based UseNet were and still is my favourite base for
information (I really can renounce of graphical smilies!
perhaps just because I think that I'm already grown up)

__
wolfgang

Mike Gonta

Jan 27, 2012, 4:49:04 PM1/27/12
"wolfgang kern" wrote:

> Mike Gonta mentioned:
>> "Benjamin David Lunt" wrote:
>
>>> I am excited to announce that my book on USB is now complete
>>> and available at https://www.createspace.com/3760149
>
>>> For more information, please see
>>> http://www.fysnet.net/The_Universal_Serial_Bus.htm
>

>> Hi Ben,
>
>> This will be the book that wakes up the sleeping OS development.
>

> Fully agree,
>
> perhaps we all (the OS-crowd) just waited for Ben's release...
> and I still hope that we all may be leaded into a new world of
> OS-development with Ben's work and find more to share our personal
> experience on the matter even with apart discussion branches.

I started a small ball rolling here:
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=140128

Let's all get behind Ben with full support.

#1. Buy the book!
#2. Spread the word!
#3. Continue OS deving!

Benjamin David Lunt

Jan 27, 2012, 7:05:38 PM1/27/12
"Mike Gonta" <mike...@REMOVEgmailTHIS.com> wrote in message

> I started a small ball rolling here:
> http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=140128
>
> Let's all get behind Ben with full support.
>
> #1. Buy the book!
> #2. Spread the word!
> #3. Continue OS deving!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I too would like
to get the OS Development group going again.

If anyone ever has any questions about their USB
development, please post it here. I will do my
best to help out.

Thanks again,

Mike Gonta

Jan 28, 2012, 1:37:14 PM1/28/12
"Benjamin David Lunt" wrote:
> "Mike Gonta" wrote:
>>
>> I started a small ball rolling here:
>> http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=140128
>>
>> Let's all get behind Ben with full support.
>>
>> #1. Buy the book!
>> #2. Spread the word!
>> #3. Continue OS deving!
>
> Thanks everyone for the kind words. I too would like
> to get the OS Development group going again.
>
> If anyone ever has any questions about their USB
> development, please post it here. I will do my
> best to help out.
>
> Thanks again,
> Ben
>
> --
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Forever Young Software
> http://www.fysnet.net/index.htm
> http://www.fysnet.net/The_Universal_Serial_Bus.htm
> To reply by email, please remove the zzzzzz's
>
> Batteries not included, some assembly required.

Number 3 (and climbing) on google.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22USB%3A+The+Universal+Serial+Bus%22

Other links

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.development/browse_thread/thread/8ebe1a60f89abd9

http://forum.osdev.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6989&p=203396#p203396

Available at createspace.com

https://www.createspace.com/3760149

Available at amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/USB-Universal-Serial-Bus-8/dp/1468151983

Sign in to amazon.com to "like" it and review it.

Rod Pemberton

Aug 28, 2012, 10:49:28 AM8/28/12
"Benjamin David Lunt" <zf...@fysnet.net> wrote in message
> I am excited to announce that my book on USB is now complete
> and available at https://www.createspace.com/3760149
>
> For more information, please see
> http://www.fysnet.net/The_Universal_Serial_Bus.htm
>
> I want to thank everyone who contributed and all of the interest
> that everyone has shown. I appreciate everyone's feedback and
> input that I received. It has been a long time coming.
>
> Thank you everyone for your help. I am grateful to you all.

Ben, you're front page news today:
http://hackaday.com/

Their items move down quickly. So, direct link:
http://hackaday.com/2012/08/28/learning-the-ins-and-outs-of-usb-with-a-simple-dev-board/

Rod Pemberton

Benjamin David Lunt

Aug 29, 2012, 1:47:09 PM8/29/12

"Rod Pemberton" <do_no...@notemailnot.cmm> wrote in message
Hi Rod,

It was a nice little surprise so see your post. I was excited to
see it on hackaday.

I have since updated the PCB to use a smaller crystal and one less
capacitor, and most importantly, less PCB real estate. As soon as
I get a few back from the manufacturer, I will update my site with
the new part.

I am also working on a tutorial to show how to use it.

Thanks for the note, again it was a nice surprise to see it.

Ben