you are only making yourself look more ignorant every time you post

1 view

Monica

Aug 18, 2009, 7:32:33 PM8/18/09
Cetan

Offline

Hoka Hey

Re: Sizzle Flambé says Hello
« Reply #24 on: Today at 02:28:00 PM »

the difference is Casteneda and Lynn Andrews tried to claim their
characters were real people and their experiences actually happened;
Powwow highway is a comedy film and Philbert is not presented as
someone who exists in real life, he is only a character in a movie. Go
rent the movie and watch it before you start throwing accusations
about it - you are only making yourself look more ignorant every time
you post

Logged

Sizzle Flambé

Online

Re: Sizzle Flambé says Hello
« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:51:43 PM »

When "Native American author" David Seals called Chief Joe Medicine
Crow "Uncle tomahawk", and tore down Anna Mae Aquash's daughter for
having rebuked his lies about the case, he wasn't writing comedy, he
was pretending to be real.

And his Big Name Native American Author status dates to that same
comedic novel.

« Last Edit: Today at 02:56:51 PM by Sizzle Flambé » Logged

Moma_porcupine

Offline

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Sizzle Flambé says Hello
« Reply #26 on: Today at 03:41:58 PM »

Sizzle

I'm not really comfortable bringing the name of a murdered Native
rights activist into this.

I agree that if the information Seals is putting out there is
fabricated, his using this is extremely disrespectful and offensive.
The problem is, as long as the case is unsolved , when there is so
many people with reasons to cover up the truth, it is hard to know who
may have been decieved. All I know is I don't know enough to decide
who's fingers may be pointing to a bit of the truth, and I think this
needs to be investigated from every possible angle. Assuming your link
actually goes to a statement made by this womans daughter , I am
inclined to believe the daughters probably know what is fact and what
is fiction - and from the link you posted they appear to be clearly
saying Seals information is fabricated.

http://indigenouswomenforjustice.org/seals.html

We are disgusted that our mother's name and tragedy continues to be
exploited in this way, and in the name of decency we ask this
individual and others so inclined to cease and desist. As Anna Mae's
next of kin, we hereby inform Seals and those responsible for this,
that they do not have permission to use our mother's name.
(con...)

I continue to be disgusted by Seals and others like him whose morbid
fascination with my mother's murder debases all that she lived and
died for, and attempts to reduce her suffering, and ours, to the level
of a sick hobby or Internet spectator sport.

I agree it is really offensive for anyone to use this womans name to
make obviously incorrect or frivoulous accusations to further their
own petty personal ambitions.

But Sizzle, I see where you are using this as ammunition in your
personal on line disputes and as ammunition in your own war to be
right.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.native/browse_thread/thread/97d7eeb330e6b9e0#

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.native/browse_thread/thread/9be2c27afbfcaca3#

So assuming you actually have some evidence and you aren't just
reducing this womans murder to nothing more than mud to throw, and
assuming you really thought the best way to bring up this serious
accusation was in the middle of a down and dirty flame war with
Monica .... Did you have the families explicit permission to post
these accusations?

Or are you doing more or less the same thing you are accusing Seals of
doing?

Sorry but I find your choice of weapons really offensive.

Once again this looks like nothing more than mud slinging only serves
to discredit whatever legitimate concerns and causes you claim to
represent...

Logged

Sizzle Flambé

Online

Re: Sizzle Flambé says Hello
« Reply #27 on: Today at 03:58:13 PM »

Quote from: Moma_porcupine on Today at 03:41:58 PM
I'm not really comfortable bringing the name of a murdered Native
rights activist into this.

Look again. David Seals and his "Anna Mae Aquash Offense Committee"
brought up her name.

I agree that if the information Seals is putting out there is
fabricated, his using this is extremely disrespectful and offensive.

That's how her family feel about it.

[...]

/.../

Did you have the families explicit permission to post these
accusations?

That website, <http://indigenouswomenforjustice.org/seals.html>?

They posted it; I only linked to it.

My own text? That's my own responsibility. I've never claimed any
authority.

oldwifetale

Aug 18, 2009, 8:28:07 PM8/18/09

> http://indigenouswomenforjustice.org/seals.html

> We are disgusted that our mother's name and tragedy continues to be
> exploited in this way, and in the name of decency we ask this
> individual and others so inclined to cease and desist. As Anna Mae's
> next of kin, we hereby inform Seals and those responsible for this,
> that they do not have permission to use our mother's name.
> (con...)

> I continue to be disgusted by Seals and others like him whose morbid
> fascination with my mother's murder debases all that she lived and
> died for, and attempts to reduce her suffering, and ours, to the level
> of a sick hobby or Internet spectator sport.

Um, monica... you are the one who dragged alt.native business
'outside'. But how do you really think this makes *you* look? These
things you are posting to 'get back' at Sizzle contain words that
strongly apply to your own 'morbid fascination' with Anna Mae's
death.

It reminds me of the phrase... cutting off your nose to spite your
face.

Sizzle Flambé

Aug 18, 2009, 10:41:10 PM8/18/09

Monica

Aug 18, 2009, 10:58:29 PM8/18/09
> face.- Hide quoted text -

Are you trying another tactic to scare me away from the Anna Mae story
daisy mae? Won't work.

Sizzle Flambé

Aug 18, 2009, 11:08:14 PM8/18/09

No, of course not. Just because Anna Mae's family said:

"We are disgusted that our mother's name and tragedy continues to be
exploited in this way, and in the name of decency we ask this
individual and others so inclined to cease and desist. As Anna Mae's
next of kin, we hereby inform Seals and those responsible for this,

that they do not have permission to use our mother's name. [...]

"I continue to be disgusted by Seals and others like him whose morbid
fascination with my mother's murder debases all that she lived and
died for, and attempts to reduce her suffering, and ours, to the level
of a sick hobby or Internet spectator sport."

<http://indigenouswomenforjustice.org/seals.html>

Why would *that* "scare you away", you ghoul?

<http://tinyurl.com/malica-charnel-thread>

oldwifetale

Aug 19, 2009, 12:15:45 AM8/19/09
> daisy mae? Won't work.- Hide quoted text -

Oh sure... try to position yourself for broader 'audience'. How very
'cloak and dagger'. This is what you wanted.

So this is your tactic now? Positioning it to seem like i'm trying to
"scare" you away from a 'story' that *you* harrassed me into taking a
position on... only so you could turn around and tell me i was a white
maggot whore and wasn't permitted to *speak* on native issues, that i
should stay in my place?

That might work for the 'new' people, monica, but i was here -
remember?

Monica

Aug 19, 2009, 1:01:09 AM8/19/09
> remember?- Hide quoted text -

Not heere daisy mae, way out there. This is a place for
Indians.....remember?

oldwifetale

Aug 19, 2009, 1:19:59 AM8/19/09
> Indians.....remember?- Hide quoted text -

Who said? Slip your mind?