I WANT IT!

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 1, 2005, 11:30:54 PM12/1/05
I found this: http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/neat.png

And I WANTED it!

So I reverse engineered it and STOLE the design! MUWAHAHAHAHA!

http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine1.png
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine2.png

The technique isn't perfect yet, but I'm getting there. The base is
good, but the button glass could be a lot better and the screen part
could also be improved.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter
mhm ą x ą

Tom Bates

Dec 2, 2005, 12:40:46 AM12/2/05
In article <ssivo1het5qppc0gv...@4ax.com>,

Since this is a Macintosh Advocacy NG, what do you think your post has
to do with same?
--
Yours,
Tom

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 2, 2005, 12:55:52 AM12/2/05
On 1 Dec 2005 21:37:44 -0800, "MCT" <mike....@gmail.com> wrote:

>So, um....not to sound dumb (which isn't hard for me) but....uh, what
>is this for?

Oh...uh...the original was from a WindowsXP skin, for like Winamp or
some other music player. I'm thinking about altering mine a bit to
make a video player out of it...maybe I'll use it on teh CB site or
something (the current player I have is a bit lacking, doesn't even
have volume control). I'm also thinking I want to spice up the video
player on the main Backwater site (when you access the downloads
section). For that I'm gonna go with a more metallic look, maybe
something like one of these:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/otherplayer1.png
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/otherplayer2.png
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/otherplayer3.png

Those are all off Windows XP skins, you can find em here:
http://www.wincustomize.com/index.aspx

I base a lot of my web designs on OS skins...cause they just look damn
prettay.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter
mhm น x น

Alan Baker

Dec 2, 2005, 12:59:17 AM12/2/05
In article <krnvo11lkbgvgcog8...@4ax.com>,

Onideus Mad Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

So, basically, you admit you're nothing but a hack who copies other
people's work.

Gotcha.

Too bad there's nothing original in that head of yours, eh?

> --
>
> Onideus Mad Hatter

Still haven't figured out sigs, huh?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 2, 2005, 1:08:29 AM12/2/05
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 23:40:46 -0600, Tom Bates <t...@offthehk.lk> wrote:

>> I found this: http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/neat.png
>>
>> And I WANTED it!
>>
>> So I reverse engineered it and STOLE the design! MUWAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine1.png
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine2.png
>>
>> The technique isn't perfect yet, but I'm getting there. The base is
>> good, but the button glass could be a lot better and the screen part
>> could also be improved.

>Since this is a Macintosh Advocacy NG, what do you think your post has
>to do with same?

...there's more than one froup you know. As for what it has to do
with Mac addicts...well, I'm just showing off what you can do with teh
PC and a 6 year old version of Paint Shop Pro. Since you bring it
up...I'll put up a challenge to the Mac heads. Take one of the bases
(either mine or the original) and reverse engineer your own...let's
test yer skillz! Granted most major graphics proggies that are
available on teh PC are also available on teh Mac, however despite
that, the point I'd like to show is that Mac users are generally
deficient, unproducing, talentless fuckwits (there are a few
exceptions). Now then, if you'd like to uh..."advocate" the Mac
religion and try and sell it to people...well now, here's your big
chance, show all the unbelievers that Mac Lusers have just as much
skill as PC users...or don't. `, )

And if there are any more fuckwitted <strike>questions</strike> whines
about topic relevancy I've prepared the following primer:

A26 and AAVFFF - my home froups, A26 is all about technology and how
it applies to...well anything really, from graphics to networking to
web design to you name it. And Flonkers are generally artistic peeps
and we like all sorts of art in all sorts of mediums.

As for alt.html, well that froup isn't JUST about HTML (wouldn't be
much to it if it was), but more generally about web coding and web
design. Graphic design is apart of web design.

The two graphic froups should be obvious, since the post is about
graphics.

There now, see that wasn't too difficult...oh, but I guess you won't
have anything more to whine about now...tsch...gee what did I do!

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 2, 2005, 1:19:49 AM12/2/05
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 05:59:17 GMT, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:

>In article <krnvo11lkbgvgcog8...@4ax.com>,
> Onideus Mad Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:
>
>> On 1 Dec 2005 21:37:44 -0800, "MCT" <mike....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >So, um....not to sound dumb (which isn't hard for me) but....uh, what
>> >is this for?
>>
>> Oh...uh...the original was from a WindowsXP skin, for like Winamp or
>> some other music player. I'm thinking about altering mine a bit to
>> make a video player out of it...maybe I'll use it on teh CB site or
>> something (the current player I have is a bit lacking, doesn't even
>> have volume control). I'm also thinking I want to spice up the video
>> player on the main Backwater site (when you access the downloads
>> section). For that I'm gonna go with a more metallic look, maybe
>> something like one of these:
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/otherplayer1.png
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/otherplayer2.png
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/otherplayer3.png
>>
>> Those are all off Windows XP skins, you can find em here:
>> http://www.wincustomize.com/index.aspx
>>
>> I base a lot of my web designs on OS skins...cause they just look damn
>> prettay.

>So, basically, you admit you're nothing but a hack who copies other
>people's work.

Desperately reaching for insults again, Ally? Tsch, tsch, tsch...you
have *SO* much Hatter rage built up, don't you?

Coincidentally child, it's not really copying...as I'm xposting to the
Mac addict froup I'll bring up the classic example of how Bill Gates
reverse engineered Stevie Boi's crappy OS and made his own. How does
that quote go...'all cars have steering wheels but no one tries to
claim it's their own design'...or something like that.

It should also be noted that reverse engineering the image is only the
first step. Once you've gained a mastery of the techniques involved
you can start altering the base design, for example when I make a
version for the CB site, I'll probably make the buttons look like
hearts and stars instead of circles since that's more inline with the
general theme of the site.

Further, I have NO idea how the original artist even made their
version, the techiques I'm developing to recreate it are MY OWN which
are based on what I see. Like I said, reverse engineering, you can't
see the code of a program, but if you can see what it does, you can
build your own program that does the same...but the code won't be the
same.

Woah, that's a lot to take in, huh Ally? I hope you took EXTRA
Ritalin today so you could at least comprehend it on some basic,
elementary level...but that's probably just wishful thinking on my
part. Feel free to retard back into your default train of stupidity
and repeat yourself 3 or 4 times for the benefit of those who enjoy
watching reruns. ^_^

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

JDS

Dec 2, 2005, 10:00:41 AM12/2/05
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 22:08:29 -0800, Onideus Mad Hatter wrote:

> As for alt.html, well that froup isn't JUST about HTML (wouldn't be

Yest it is, you fucking annoying 15 year old retard

--
JDS | jef...@example.invalid
| http://www.newtnotes.com

JDS

Dec 2, 2005, 10:01:40 AM12/2/05
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 22:08:29 -0800, Onideus Mad Hatter wrote:

> ...there's more than one froup you know.

And, pray tell, please explain what anything you post has to do with
vampires, aliens, or flonking.

-hh

Dec 2, 2005, 10:29:31 AM12/2/05
Welcher Matt Moulton "Onideus Mad Hatter" wrote:

> Alan Baker wrote:
>
> >So, basically, you admit you're nothing but a hack who copies other
> >people's work.

Yes, Matt confessed this when he literally said that he "STOLE" it.

Perhaps when Matt has had some of his works stolen by others, he will
become more senstive to issues (and limitations) of Copyright Law.
Unfortunately, he's probably still at the stage where he would be
trilled to be published by anyone, so financial compensation issues are
being ignored: this ultimately undermines his own works and hurts the
economic potential of the field that he wants to make money in.

> Coincidentally child, it's not really copying...

In layman's terms, it most definitely is. In legal terms, Plagurism is
one description, although it needs a qualifying adjective like "lame"
to describe the quality of this particuar attempt. However, since
Matt claimed to not have the underlying code, and his copy faitjhfully
duplicates the original's I/O interface function and layout ("Look and
Feel"), in legal terms, it would IMO more likely be legally considered
to be a Copyright violation instead.

The life of a young, small designer is often fraught with legal
pitfalls brought about by dumb decisions.

> ... I'm xposting to the Mac addict froup I'll bring up the classic
> example of how Bill Gates reverse engineered Stevie Boi's crappy OS...

That's news? ("Blind Squirrel finds nut! Film at 11")

> It should also be noted that reverse engineering the image is only the
> first step. Once you've gained a mastery of the techniques involved

> you can start altering the base design...

Yes, once one has actually gained mastery. Not Applicable here.

> Further, I have NO idea how the original artist even made their
> version, the techiques I'm developing to recreate it are MY OWN which

> are based on what I see...

The original buttons have a translucent and 3D depth to them which
Matt's copies totally lack. Matt's buttons are markedly
monochromatically opaque and lacking of an appearance of a curved
surface finish to them, which thusly fails to have any significant
appearance of 3D depth which is present in the originals.

Granted, this particular aspect of the original design may not have
been of great important to Matt, but if his original objective was to
fiathfully duplicate the artistic techniques used in the original in
order to learn and then "Master" them, Matt has failed on this part.
FWIW, it doesn't really matter if it was because of a lack of
*observation* skills or of *execution* skills. Overall, I suggest
that Matt try again.

> Like I said, reverse engineering, you can't see the code of a
> program, but if you can see what it does, you can build your
> own program that does the same...but the code won't be the same.

Actually, that's not 'Reverse Engineering' that Matt thinks he's
referring to: he probably means 'White Room' programming.

And in any case, even if the underlying code was properly created in a
White Room, that factor can be irrelevant to a copyright violation on
its "Look and Feel".

-hh

Mimic

Dec 2, 2005, 1:31:33 PM12/2/05
Onideus Mad Hatter wrote:

> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/otherplayer1.png

I use MMD3, try it minimised (long thin bar) looks very nice.

--
Mimic

First day it opened I went down there, was doing a few laps and pulled
over and the manager comes over to me and says "Oi, mate! No
professionals." I said I'm not a professional. He said "Well, you should
be with moves like that you could be the best in Britain". I said, "No
thanks I'm making shit loads from computers".

[email: ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ==]
Help Stop Spam - www.hidemyemail.net

"I have come to realise that, only in death, will I find true perfection."

JDS

Dec 2, 2005, 3:07:07 PM12/2/05
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 07:29:31 -0800, -hh wrote:

> Perhaps when Matt has had some of his works stolen by others

Oh, yeah, *that* seems likely

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 2, 2005, 6:03:47 PM12/2/05
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:00:41 -0500, JDS <jef...@example.invalid>
wrote:

>On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 22:08:29 -0800, Onideus Mad Hatter wrote:
>
>> As for alt.html, well that froup isn't JUST about HTML (wouldn't be
>
>Yest it is, you fucking annoying 15 year old retard

Whine some more, Child, it's terribly amusing.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 2, 2005, 6:05:17 PM12/2/05
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:01:40 -0500, JDS <jef...@example.invalid>
wrote:

>On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 22:08:29 -0800, Onideus Mad Hatter wrote:
>
>> ...there's more than one froup you know.
>
>And, pray tell, please explain what anything you post has to do with
>vampires, aliens, or flonking.

You really are an idiot, aren't you? Yer the kind of retard who shows
up in like alt.kill.the.whales and actually thinks the regs in that
froup want to kill all the whales...LOL...what a stupid fuckin
n00b.job you are.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 2, 2005, 7:08:37 PM12/2/05
On 2 Dec 2005 07:29:31 -0800, "-hh" <recscub...@huntzinger.com>
wrote:

>> >So, basically, you admit you're nothing but a hack who copies other
>> >people's work.

>Yes, Matt confessed this when he literally said that he "STOLE" it.

Woah, sarcasm is teh HARD!

Oh hey, Sunshine, you haven't been making any more online bets, have
you? Don't make us give you an intervention.

>Perhaps when Matt has had some of his works stolen by others, he will
>become more senstive to issues (and limitations) of Copyright Law.

...um, the official CB site steals my designs all the time,
Stupid...as do many others. Which is fine, as long as they're using
their own techniques to pull off those designs. It's like check the
video loading sequence used on the official CB site, then look at the
one I'm using, they copied the style. Their current artists are also
copying and mimicking the 20 year old CB images, using the same forms,
but their own drawing/shading style. It's actually VERY common in the
art world, Stupid, but then you're not an artist, yer just a fucking
idiot.

Designs and effects aren't covered by copyright law, Stupid. I mean
it's not like someone has a patent/copyright/trademark for the
"eggplant theme" or the "golf theme" or the "western theme". If they
could, everyone and his brother wouldn't be ripping off the "bullet
time" effect.

>> Further, I have NO idea how the original artist even made their
>> version, the techiques I'm developing to recreate it are MY OWN which
>> are based on what I see...

>The original buttons have a translucent and 3D depth to them which
>Matt's copies totally lack.

I thought you said I copied and "stole" the design, Stupid? Now
you're claiming my design and style is NOT the same? Tsch, tsch,
tsch...yer Hatter Rage is showing again.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

-hh

Dec 2, 2005, 10:08:32 PM12/2/05
Welcher Matt Moulton "Onideus Mad Hatter" wrote:

> Woah, sarcasm is teh HARD!

Apparently, so is "teh" spellign.

> Oh hey, Sunshine, you haven't been making any more online bets, have
> you? Don't make us give you an intervention.

You were the one bragging about how long you had been online, not I.
Frankly, I'd prefer that you never pay up the $100, just so I can keep
on rubbing your piggly wiggly nose in it.

> >Perhaps when Matt has had some of his works stolen by others, he will
> >become more senstive to issues (and limitations) of Copyright Law.
>
> ...um, the official CB site steals my designs all the time,

> Stupid...as do many others. Which is fine...

Your loss. Literally. Here, I put aside the fact that you're an
arrogant fratboy and give you some real advice, and it gets spurned.
Hope you enjoy eating Mac&Cheese.

> Stupid, but then you're not an artist, yer just a fucking idiot.

You don't yet have a Master's Degree in anything, let alone an Masters
in Arts (MA) + 30.

> Designs and effects aren't covered by copyright law, Stupid.

Gosh, one of my professional job duties is to review Patents and other
Intellectual Property Rights documentation. As such, it is perhap
possible that I know slightly more about them than Matt does. But go
ahead and ignore me at your financial peril - - afterall, its not MY
money that's at risk of being lost by your dumb decisions.

> >The original buttons have a translucent and 3D depth to them which
> >Matt's copies totally lack.
>

> I thought you said I copied and "stole" the design...

With the caveat that yours was a "LAME" attempt.

-hh

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 3, 2005, 2:32:50 AM12/3/05
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:31:33 +0000, Mimic <d...@null.com> wrote:

>Onideus Mad Hatter wrote:
>
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/otherplayer1.png
>
>I use MMD3, try it minimised (long thin bar) looks very nice.

I'm still using like the original version of Winamp...I just never saw
a whole lot of reason to upgrade since I normally just load a playlist
and keep the thing minimized.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 3, 2005, 4:22:12 AM12/3/05
On 2 Dec 2005 19:08:32 -0800, "-hh" <recscub...@huntzinger.com>
wrote:

>Welcher Matt Moulton "Onideus Mad Hatter" wrote:
>>
>> Woah, sarcasm is teh HARD!

>Apparently, so is "teh" spellign.

I guess my "spellign" will never be as good as yours, eh .rotard?

BTW, you seem to be confusing "spellign" with slang...yer a fuckwitted
RL though so I can understand your frustrated confusion. ^_^

>> Oh hey, Sunshine, you haven't been making any more online bets, have
>> you? Don't make us give you an intervention.

>You were the one bragging about how long you had been online, not I.
>Frankly, I'd prefer that you never pay up the $100, just so I can keep
>on rubbing your piggly wiggly nose in it.

Uh oh, there's that gambling problem of yours again. Tsch, tsch,
tsch...tell us, just how much sad does it take to treat online "bets"
like they're reality? Seriously, what's next, are you gonna start
frothing at the mouth and screaming about how you're gonna come and
try to "beat me up"? LOL...yer such a idiot. Oh, BTW kiddo, it's not
so much how long you've been online so much as how quickly you've
adapted. For all intents and purposes, yer still just a
n00b.job...and that's probably all you'll ever be. It's sorta like
you can go to college, but that doesn't mean yer gonna score any
higher than a two point. You are an idiot, you'll always BE an idiot,
just accept it.

>> >Perhaps when Matt has had some of his works stolen by others, he will
>> >become more senstive to issues (and limitations) of Copyright Law.

>> ...um, the official CB site steals my designs all the time,
>> Stupid...as do many others. Which is fine...

>Your loss. Literally.

Not at all, sharing and doing a lot of pro bono work actually helps
you gain a lot more...of course, any good graphic designer knows that.
I mean you can't just jump out there and start claiming yer the most
bad ass graphic designer just cause you got a degree from some flunky
little institute churning out grads like most people go through
burgers at McDonalds. Ya gots to have references, experience, a
portfolio. And the fastest way to get that stuff is to spend some
spare time doing some freebies.

>Here, I put aside the fact that you're an
>arrogant fratboy and give you some real advice, and it gets spurned.
>Hope you enjoy eating Mac&Cheese.

What's wrong with homemade Macaroni and Cheese? Add in a little
kielbasa and use a nice spicy cheddar/jack, spruce it up even more
with some Johnny's seasoning salt...that's some good eatin right
there, Gamblin Boi.

>> Stupid, but then you're not an artist, yer just a fucking idiot.

>You don't yet have a Master's Degree in anything, let alone an Masters
>in Arts (MA) + 30.

I could have a GED in general stupidity and I'd still be more talented
and knowledgeable than you, you fucking idiot.

>> Designs and effects aren't covered by copyright law, Stupid.

>Gosh, one of my professional job duties is to review Patents and other
>Intellectual Property Rights documentation. As such, it is perhap
>possible that I know slightly more about them than Matt does. But go
>ahead and ignore me at your financial peril - - afterall, its not MY
>money that's at risk of being lost by your dumb decisions.

Stupid here works as a reject patent clerk and he thinks he's an
expert on copyright law. LOL, yeah okay kid, why don't you go ahead
and tell us all of a SINGLE graphic design concept which is
patented...go ahead, just ONE. ROTFL `, D

>> >The original buttons have a translucent and 3D depth to them which
>> >Matt's copies totally lack.

>> I thought you said I copied and "stole" the design...

>With the caveat that yours was a "LAME" attempt.

Guess again, Junior...yer a lil slow, and I'm a 10 on improving the
original: http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png

I might add some cross cuts in the white splotch overlay on the glass
to give it an even more realistic look.

Now I've shown my skillz, Kiddo, if you think you're better than
me...or if ANYONE in these froups thinks they're better than me...well
here's what mine is based off of:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/neat.png

Now let's see YOUR renditions. He, he, he...you kids can sure talk
shit, but when it comes to steppin the fuck up with finished
products...you all fall down. `, )

-hh

Dec 3, 2005, 8:16:58 AM12/3/05
Welcher Matt Moulton "Onideus Mad Hatter" wrote:

> BTW, you seem to be confusing "spellign" with slang...

Yeah, right: I'll remember that the next fifteen times that you write
"Whose" when you should have actually written "Who's".

> >You were the one bragging about how long you had been online, not I.
> >Frankly, I'd prefer that you never pay up the $100, just so I can keep
> >on rubbing your piggly wiggly nose in it.
>

> Uh oh...

And enjoying it, welcher. Matty Boy is ready to use the Internet for
commerce when someone wants to pay him for his graphics skills, but it
becomes a "I have no responsibilities" fantasyland when things aren't
going his way.

> Seriously, what's next, are you gonna start frothing at the mouth and
> screaming about how you're gonna come and try to "beat me up"?

Seriously, I have no need to: you've already been whipped with words
and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Well, you could
actually honor the original bet, but you don't consider that to be an
option.

> LOL...yer such a idiot.

And you're still a rookie punk.

> >> ...um, the official CB site steals my designs all the time,
> >> Stupid...as do many others. Which is fine...
>
> >Your loss. Literally.
>
> Not at all, sharing and doing a lot of pro bono work actually helps

> you gain a lot more of course, any good graphic designer knows that.

You're off base. While I do agree with you in general principle - -
the Internet (and historically, USENET in particular) allows for great
personal growth because of its open trusting and sharing culture - -
after one wakes up and takes off the rose-colored glasses, you realize
that the number of individuals out there who do nothing but exploit you
are no longer insignificant.

As such, yes, collaborate and do low cost work, but always hold your
cards back and protect your Intellectual Property rights from virtually
Day One. Even if it is nothing more than putting a Copyright (C) on
some graphic you're going to give away. You never know where your
stuff may end up without your permission - - including in the hands of
some company who can easily have afforded to have paid top dollar for
it.

Businesses are in business to make money. That means that by
deifnition, they're compelled to try to rip you off. You can either
learn this lesson yourself the hard way, or you can prevent it upfront:
that was the point of my comment and advice that I said 'ignore at
your peril'.

> What's wrong with...Macaroni and Cheese?

Bon Appetite.

> >> Designs and effects aren't covered by copyright law, Stupid.
>

> LOL, yeah okay kid, why don't you go ahead
> and tell us all of a SINGLE graphic design concept which is
> patented...go ahead, just ONE. ROTFL `, D

United States Patent Application: 0040055446 is for the gaphical design
of the Apple iPod. Here's a short discussion for you to grok:

http://www.ipodhacks.com/article.php?sid=732

FWIW, I'm not sure if this is the same patent application that an
examiner rejected in July 05, based on Microsoft developer John Platt
beating them in filing by five months.

But of course, you want approvved patents, not applications. Here's a
few:

United States Patent 6,731,312 (May 4, 2004) Media player interface
United States Patent D462,076 (August 27, 2002) User interface for
computer display
United States Patent D473,236 (April 15, 2003) User interface for
computer display
United States Patent D510,581 (October 11, 2005) User interface for
computer display

BTW, the results of a database search in 1976 to present db for
approved patents that contain "Graphical AND Interface" in their title
only, returns 1168 approved US Patents.

In case you're curious in your backpedaling, there's patent disputes on
source code baseline functionality too: go look up the details of the
dispute from this spring where the owner of US patent number 6,665,797
(filed July 1998 / granted December 2003) was claiming that Apple's
FairPlay code (used in iTunes and iPod's) violated their patent and
that Apple knew it.

> >> I thought you said I copied and "stole" the design...
>
> >With the caveat that yours was a "LAME" attempt.
>
> Guess again, Junior...yer a lil slow, and I'm a 10 on improving the

> original: http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/cbedits2.jpg

Oh gosh, that's a big improvement! :-)

> I might add some cross cuts in the white splotch overlay on the glass
> to give it an even more realistic look.

(Damn, here I go offering sincere advice again to an asshole): my
constructive suggesion would be to get rid of the background image for
the time being - - it only serves to conceal your desgin flaws in the
quality of the button's 3D topology illusion.

> Now let's see YOUR renditions. He, he, he...you kids can sure talk
> shit, but when it comes to steppin the fuck up with finished
> products...you all fall down. `, )

Sorry; my media is photography. But you should already know what the
social rules are, for they're quite simple: if you don't want your
work to be critiqued, then don't ask for it to be critiqued.

You asked.

-hh

Tom Bates

Dec 3, 2005, 12:13:04 PM12/3/05
In article <1govo15sm48iv7j5c...@4ax.com>,

Onideus Mad Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

No particular proof of the Mac is needed as it is a well-known fact that
Macs own the graphics/design/digital imaging/prepress world and have for
quite some time. Think not, well, go look in any awards issue of
Graphis, Communication Arts, HOW and a few others and you'll see that
the majority of winners use Mac.

> And if there are any more fuckwitted <strike>questions</strike> whines
> about topic relevancy I've prepared the following primer:
>
> A26 and AAVFFF - my home froups, A26 is all about technology and how
> it applies to...well anything really, from graphics to networking to
> web design to you name it. And Flonkers are generally artistic peeps
> and we like all sorts of art in all sorts of mediums.

Who cares. You're just chest thumpin'

> As for alt.html, well that froup isn't JUST about HTML (wouldn't be
> much to it if it was), but more generally about web coding and web
> design. Graphic design is apart of web design.

only in your wet dreams.

> The two graphic froups should be obvious, since the post is about
> graphics.
>
> There now, see that wasn't too difficult...oh, but I guess you won't
> have anything more to whine about now...tsch...gee what did I do!

Still haven't gotten out of those angry adolescent periods. You should
try some anger management.

--
Yours,
Tom

ZnU

Dec 3, 2005, 12:32:39 PM12/3/05
In article <v7pvo158nkqffl2ve...@4ax.com>,

"Reverse engineering" an image is a bunch of nonsense. Oh, I suppose
it's a useful term to describe the process of figuring out how an image
is made. But unlike reverse engineering, say, a file format, to support
it in your app, or even a piece of hardware, to make another that
functions similarly, reverse engineering an image to make a copy of it
is still pretty much stealing. At any rate, if your copy is sufficiently
close, you can still be sued for copyright violation. The fact that you
may not have e.g. digitally copied the pixel data is irrelevant.

[snip]

--
"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get
them out of harm's way."
-- George W. Bush in Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

r0t0r

Dec 3, 2005, 6:49:49 PM12/3/05
In article <bln1p1dbj3o7jf472...@4ax.com>, Onideus Mad
Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

> Oh hey, Sunshine, you haven't been making any more online bets, have
> you? Don't make us give you an intervention.

whoa, shamu! retreating back into the sheeple mentality are we?

> ...um, the official CB site steals my designs all the time,
> Stupid...as do many others.

yes . . . sites that show you what NOT to do.

> Which is fine, as long as they're using
> their own techniques to pull off those designs.

yeah, cuz they sure as hell wouldn't want to use YOURS!

> It's actually VERY common in the
> art world, Stupid, but then you're not an artist, yer just a fucking
> idiot.

awww, how cute --shamu thinks *he's* an artist!

> >The original buttons have a translucent and 3D depth to them which
> >Matt's copies totally lack.
>
> I thought you said I copied and "stole" the design, Stupid? Now
> you're claiming my design and style is NOT the same?

no, he's saying yer incompetent and untalented, ya dumbass. if you
squint real hard and use a couple of brain cells (if ya got'em) you'll
get the implication.

r0t0r

Dec 3, 2005, 6:52:45 PM12/3/05
In article <ssivo1het5qppc0gv...@4ax.com>,
Onideus Mad Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

> > I saw Alan's dick . . .
> >
> and I WANTED it!

r0t0r

Dec 3, 2005, 6:57:10 PM12/3/05
In article <58n2p1p9470sg6cj9...@4ax.com>, Onideus Mad
Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

> >Gosh, one of my professional job duties is to review Patents and other
> >Intellectual Property Rights documentation. As such, it is perhap
> >possible that I know slightly more about them than Matt does. But go
> >ahead and ignore me at your financial peril - - afterall, its not MY
> >money that's at risk of being lost by your dumb decisions.
>
> Stupid here works as a reject patent clerk

As opposed to shamu, of course -- a pissant lil teachers assistant.
run any good xeroxes off lately shamu??

really Al, yer wastin yer time . . shamu is ALL about dumbass
decisions. havent ya seen his site???

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 3, 2005, 9:15:08 PM12/3/05
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:52:45 -0600, r0t0r <n0sp}V{@ba11buster.com>
wrote:

> I saw Hatter's dick . . . and I WA<SCROTE KICK>

I said get the fuck off my leg, Humpy!

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 3, 2005, 9:15:09 PM12/3/05
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:49:49 -0600, r0t0r <n0sp}V{@ba11buster.com>
wrote:

>In article <bln1p1dbj3o7jf472...@4ax.com>, Onideus Mad

>Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:
>

>> Oh hey, Sunshine, you haven't been making any more online bets, have
>> you? Don't make us give you an intervention.
>whoa, shamu! retreating back into the sheeple mentality are we?
>

>> ...um, the official CB site steals my designs all the time,
>> Stupid...as do many others.
>yes . . . sites that show you what NOT to do.
>
>> Which is fine, as long as they're using
>> their own techniques to pull off those designs.
>yeah, cuz they sure as hell wouldn't want to use YOURS!
>
>> It's actually VERY common in the
>> art world, Stupid, but then you're not an artist, yer just a fucking
>> idiot.
>awww, how cute --shamu thinks *he's* an artist!
>>
>> >The original buttons have a translucent and 3D depth to them which
>> >Matt's copies totally lack.
>>
>> I thought you said I copied and "stole" the design, Stupid? Now
>> you're claiming my design and style is NOT the same?

>no, he's sa<SCROTE KICK>

I said get the fuck off my leg, Humpy!

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 3, 2005, 9:15:08 PM12/3/05
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:57:10 -0600, r0t0r <n0sp}V{@ba11buster.com>
wrote:

>In article <58n2p1p9470sg6cj9...@4ax.com>, Onideus Mad

>Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:
>
>> >Gosh, one of my professional job duties is to review Patents and other
>> >Intellectual Property Rights documentation. As such, it is perhap
>> >possible that I know slightly more about them than Matt does. But go
>> >ahead and ignore me at your financial peril - - afterall, its not MY
>> >money that's at risk of being lost by your dumb decisions.
>>
>> Stupid here works as a reject patent clerk
> As opposed to shamu, of course -- a pissant lil teachers assistant.
>run any good xeroxes off lately shamu??
>

>really Al, yer wa<SCROTE KICK>

I said get the fuck off my leg, Humpy!

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

m0t0r

Dec 3, 2005, 9:37:21 PM12/3/05
In article <k8k4p1huhrht1rlu7...@4ax.com>, Onideus Mad
Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

> >> Oh hey, Sunshine, you haven't been making any more online bets, have
> >> you? Don't make us give you an intervention.
> whoa, shamu! retreating back into the sheeple mentality are we?
> >

> >> ...um, the official CB site steals my designs all the time,
> >> Stupid...as do many others.
> yes . . . sites that show you what NOT to do.
> >
> >> Which is fine, as long as they're using
> >> their own techniques to pull off those designs.
> yeah, cuz they sure as hell wouldn't want to use YOURS!
> >
> >> It's actually VERY common in the
> >> art world, Stupid, but then you're not an artist, yer just a fucking
> >> idiot.
> awww, how cute --shamu thinks *he's* an artist!

> >> I thought you said I copied and "stole" the design, Stupid? Now
> >> you're claiming my design and style is NOT the same?

> no, he's saying yer incompetent and untalented, ya dumbass. if you
> squint real hard and use a couple of brain cells (if ya got'em) you'll
> get the implication.
>

> I said get the fuck off my leg, Humpy!

oh look everybody! fatass is using a bot again! he's too chickenshit
to come up with a *real* answer!

what a pathetic, cowardly, chickenshit, pussy! poor wittle diaper boi
having to use a bot to respond to my posts! I guess I use too many big
words for his wittle brain to understand . . . how precious!! or maybe
he's just busy shoving another marble cake into that endless pie-hole
of his?? or maybe he's sucking Alan's dick again??

nah, really, I hope the little felch boi never answers me . . . I
don't think I could handle that amount of amusement! besides, I get
much more intelligent conversation out of his pathetic puny little
bots!

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 3, 2005, 9:46:56 PM12/3/05
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 20:37:21 -0600, m0t0r <n0sp}V{@ba11buster.com>
wrote:

>> whoa, shamu! retreating back into the sheeple mentality are we?

>> yes . . . sites that show you what NOT to do.

>> yeah, cuz they sure as hell wouldn't want to use YOURS!

>> awww, how cute --shamu thinks *he's* an artist!

>> no, he's saying yer incompetent and untalented, ya dumbass. if you
>> squint real hard and use a couple of brain cells (if ya got'em) you'll
>> get the implication.
>>
>> I said get the fuck off my leg, Humpy!
>

>oh lo<SCROTE KICK>

I said get the fuck off my leg, Humpy!

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 4, 2005, 12:05:51 AM12/4/05
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:13:04 -0600, Tom Bates <t...@offthehk.lk> wrote:

>> ...there's more than one froup you know. As for what it has to do
>> with Mac addicts...well, I'm just showing off what you can do with teh
>> PC and a 6 year old version of Paint Shop Pro. Since you bring it
>> up...I'll put up a challenge to the Mac heads. Take one of the bases
>> (either mine or the original) and reverse engineer your own...let's
>> test yer skillz! Granted most major graphics proggies that are
>> available on teh PC are also available on teh Mac, however despite
>> that, the point I'd like to show is that Mac users are generally
>> deficient, unproducing, talentless fuckwits (there are a few
>> exceptions). Now then, if you'd like to uh..."advocate" the Mac
>> religion and try and sell it to people...well now, here's your big
>> chance, show all the unbelievers that Mac Lusers have just as much
>> skill as PC users...or don't. `, )

>No particular proof of the Mac is needed as it is a well-known fact that
>Macs own the graphics/design/digital imaging/prepress world and have for
>quite some time. Think not, well, go look in any awards issue of
>Graphis, Communication Arts, HOW and a few others and you'll see that
>the majority of winners use Mac.

You sure like to run at the mouth...but uh, I don't see any of your
supposed MASTER Mac artists puttin yer MOUTHS where yer imaginary
skills are supposed to be. Step it the fuck up, Junior! Quit talkin
and get to postin examples of yer work. There are only two kinds of
people in the world of graphic design...those who run at the mouth and
those who produce. Guess which one you are! ^_^

>> And if there are any more fuckwitted <strike>questions</strike> whines
>> about topic relevancy I've prepared the following primer:
>>
>> A26 and AAVFFF - my home froups, A26 is all about technology and how
>> it applies to...well anything really, from graphics to networking to
>> web design to you name it. And Flonkers are generally artistic peeps
>> and we like all sorts of art in all sorts of mediums.

>Who cares. You're just chest thumpin'

And you're sniveling on the ground in fear, what's your point?

>> As for alt.html, well that froup isn't JUST about HTML (wouldn't be
>> much to it if it was), but more generally about web coding and web
>> design. Graphic design is apart of web design.

>only in your wet dreams.

Graphic design isn't apart of web design, eh? And you of course would
know seeing as how you have...oh, you don't actually have ANY
websites...at all. Wow, I guess that basically means yer just a
mouthy little fuck whose all pissy and indignant cause dat mean 'ol
Mad Hatter went and stopped yer fuckin lil ego into the ground.
Awww...diddums all upset? LOL

>Still haven't gotten out of those angry adolescent periods. You should
>try some anger management.

...you think people can get angry on the Internet?

Oh my, you're not just a mouthy fuck, yer an RL n00b.job too!

I hate to break this to ya, Kiddo, but if you don't realign yourself
with the unreality of the online world...yer gonna get SERIOUSLY
fucked in the head.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)

Dec 4, 2005, 12:15:46 AM12/4/05
in article ort4p1tnqgesboqt6...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/03/2005 9:05 PM:

> Mad Hatter went and stopped yer fuckin lil ego into the ground.

You don't have that power. You are not in a position to affect anyone's
ego.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 4, 2005, 2:14:03 AM12/4/05

Not directly, but I provide plenty of opportunity for people like you
to use my posts as a means to attack yourselves out of stupidity.
It's sort of like that saying, "No one can make you angry but you."

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 4, 2005, 2:14:00 AM12/4/05

...how would you know, you've never done it. You have no basis of
comparison other than your own nonexistant experience.

Here's the original:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/neat.png

Here's my rendition:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png

Where's yours, Mouth?

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 4, 2005, 2:14:01 AM12/4/05
On 3 Dec 2005 05:16:58 -0800, "-hh" <recscub...@huntzinger.com>
wrote:

>> BTW, you seem to be confusing "spellign" with slang...

>Yeah, right: I'll remember that the next fifteen times that you write
>"Whose" when you should have actually written "Who's".

...why do I need to concern myself with spelling and grammar when I
have you to act as my personal online secretary?

>> >You were the one bragging about how long you had been online, not I.
>> >Frankly, I'd prefer that you never pay up the $100, just so I can keep
>> >on rubbing your piggly wiggly nose in it.

>> Uh oh...

>And enjoying it, welcher. Matty Boy is ready to use the Internet for
>commerce when someone wants to pay him for his graphics skills, but it
>becomes a "I have no responsibilities" fantasyland when things aren't
>going his way.

Seriously kiddo, go to this site:
http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/

Remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road
to recovery.

>> Seriously, what's next, are you gonna start frothing at the mouth and
>> screaming about how you're gonna come and try to "beat me up"?

>Seriously, I have no need to: you've already been whipped with words
>and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

D00d, yer a n00b.job, why do you try to deny it? It's not about how
long you've been posting, it's about how many posts you've made, how
much of an impact you've had on net.society, whether you accept Netter
culture and stop acting like an RL fuck job.

>Well, you could actually honor the original bet, but you don't consider that to be an
>option.

You REALLY want that 100 quatloos, dontcha Gamblin Boi? One can
practically taste the salty little butter ball tears rolling down the
sides of yer fat lil chubby cheeks as you cwy to mommy about it.

>> LOL...yer such a idiot.

>And you're still a rookie punk.

And you're still talkin shit with nothin to back it the fuck up with,
Kiddo.

>> >Your loss. Literally.

>> Not at all, sharing and doing a lot of pro bono work actually helps
>> you gain a lot more of course, any good graphic designer knows that.

>You're off base.

That's cause I was using your head as a ball and just knocked it out
of the fuckin park.

>While I do agree with you in general principle - -

Oh ho, how does that humble pie taste, a lil bitter?

>the Internet (and historically, USENET in particular) allows for great
>personal growth because of its open trusting and sharing culture - -

...Usenet is nothing even REMOTELY close to a "trusting"
culture...well unless maybe you're some stupid RL n00b.job who falls
for 411 scams.

>As such, yes, collaborate and do low cost work, but always hold your
>cards back and protect your Intellectual Property rights from virtually
>Day One.

Stupid, there are only like a handful of people ON THE PLANET who
could even attempt to replicate a lot of the work I've done...what the
fuck do I care about IP rights when I'm one of the only people capable
of producing the end results? And if it reaches a point where other
people are able to emulate those results...hey, I'm laggin behind, I
better start puttin that bar up on a higher level.

Like I said though...
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_test_platform/transmove/

Where's yours? Where's anybody's? I mean, come on, this is being
posted to two MAJOR graphic design froups and no doubt being picked up
and reposted across dozens of web forum Usenet slurp sites...so where
is the competition? Oh yeah, THERE ISN'T ANY...at least not around
here.

>Even if it is nothing more than putting a Copyright (C) on
>some graphic you're going to give away.

...you don't need to put any sort of "(C)" on anything to make it
copyright, it simply *IS* copyrighted, it is inherent.

>You never know where your
>stuff may end up without your permission - - including in the hands of
>some company who can easily have afforded to have paid top dollar for
>it.

What the fuck do I care, I'm an artist, not a "professional". Yeesh,
what are you goin all Jew on me now? OY VEY!

*Hatter sings, "If I was a rich man..."*

>Businesses are in business to make money. That means that by
>deifnition, they're compelled to try to rip you off.

Wow, now that's an interesting business ethic.

>> What's wrong with homemade Macaroni and Cheese?

>Bon Appetite.

I'd share some with you, but you seem to have plenty of Top Ramen to
keep you satisfied.

>> LOL, yeah okay kid, why don't you go ahead
>> and tell us all of a SINGLE graphic design concept which is
>> patented...go ahead, just ONE. ROTFL `, D

>United States Patent Application: 0040055446 is for the gaphical design
>of the Apple iPod. Here's a short discussion for you to grok:
>
>http://www.ipodhacks.com/article.php?sid=732

That's a DESIGN PATENT, you ignorant fuck, not a GRAPHIC DESIGN
patent...holy fuck yer an idiot!

The iPod doesn't even HAVE any graphic design, it's PLAIN WHITE, you
fucking moron. Are you claiming that Apple patented the PLAINT WHITE
design? *shakes head*

Holy shit yer an idiot!

>FWIW, I'm not sure if this is the same patent application that an
>examiner rejected in July 05, based on Microsoft developer John Platt
>beating them in filing by five months.
>
>But of course, you want approvved patents, not applications. Here's a
>few:
>
>United States Patent 6,731,312 (May 4, 2004) Media player interface

Do you actually bother to READ any of these? I mean, OH MY GAWD:

"A computer readable medium contains media player application code
which implements the procedures of generating in a user interface an
application window having a window frame and a plurality of stiles to
define a plurality of panes within said frame, displaying in a first
one of said panes a user selectable index of a plurality of media
files, displaying in a second one of said first selected information
for said media files, and displaying in a third one of said panes
second selected information for said media files."

...that's not a GRAPHIC DESIGN, you stupid moronic FUCK...of course,
neither are any of these...

>United States Patent D462,076 (August 27, 2002) User interface for
>computer display
>United States Patent D473,236 (April 15, 2003) User interface for
>computer display
>United States Patent D510,581 (October 11, 2005) User interface for
>computer display

Do you even KNOW what GRAPHIC DESIGN is, you idiot?

>> >With the caveat that yours was a "LAME" attempt.

>> Guess again, Junior...yer a lil slow, and I'm a 10 on improving the
>> original: http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/cbedits2.jpg

>Oh gosh, that's a big improvement! :-)

Post editing to try and avoid humiliation eh? Here, I'll put back in
the part that makes you all pissy:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png

Regarding the CB image though...yeah, I'd say a 10 on improving the
original there too:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/enhanced.png

Although I can't take too much credit there, when that original
graphic was made there was no such thing as the world wide web, let
alone Photoshop or Paint Shop.

>> I might add some cross cuts in the white splotch overlay on the glass
>> to give it an even more realistic look.

>(Damn, here I go offering sincere advice again to an asshole): my
>constructive suggesion would be to get rid of the background image for
>the time being - - it only serves to conceal your desgin flaws in the
>quality of the button's 3D topology illusion.

The 3D buttons are flawless, Stupid:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/gamblin-boi-is-a-retard.png

Like I said, yer a lil slow.

>> Now let's see YOUR renditions. He, he, he...you kids can sure talk
>> shit, but when it comes to steppin the fuck up with finished
>> products...you all fall down. `, )

>Sorry; my media is photography.

Yeah, sure it is, Spin Boi. Be careful, you don't know how much I
know about photography, you wouldn't want to fuck up and look stupid
all over again, now would you? ^_^

>But you should already know what the
>social rules are, for they're quite simple: if you don't want your
>work to be critiqued, then don't ask for it to be critiqued.

You didn't critique anything, Stupid. I said outright in the first
post I made that the buttons weren't finished and needed enhanced, you
then parroted what I wrote, made a big stink in your pants in then
when all around acting *SO* proud about it...at which point I suddenly
released the new version, which I ALREADY SAID I was going to make and
then, oh, you snipped and ran like the fucking little coward that you
are.

Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)

Dec 4, 2005, 2:31:38 AM12/4/05
in article dd05p1p3otbc55630...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/03/2005 11:14 PM:

> it's about how many posts you've made, how
> much of an impact you've had on net.society, whether you accept Netter
> culture

You have very silly goals.

Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)

Dec 4, 2005, 2:36:52 AM12/4/05
in article uk55p1hc0sl2gbten...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/03/2005 11:14 PM:

> On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:15:46 -0800, "Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)"
> <Lon_Chaney_Man...@LCMail.com> wrote:
>
>> in article ort4p1tnqgesboqt6...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at
>> use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/03/2005 9:05 PM:
>>

>>> Mad Hatter went and stopped yer fuckin lil ego into the ground.
>>

>> You don't have that power. You are not in a position to affect anyone's
>> ego.
>
> Not directly, but I provide plenty of opportunity for people like you
> to use my posts as a means to attack yourselves out of stupidity.

I have no need to attack myself. You must be projecting again.

ZnU

Dec 4, 2005, 2:37:41 AM12/4/05
In article <a005p1p8o40ogi704...@4ax.com>,

I notice you didn't respond to my argument. Or quote it. Or note that
you snipped it.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 4, 2005, 2:52:20 AM12/4/05

>I noti<COCK SLAP>

WHERE IS YOURS, MOUTH?

What, did I stutter the first time?

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 4, 2005, 2:53:50 AM12/4/05
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:36:52 -0800, "Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)"
<Lon_Chaney_Man...@LCMail.com> wrote:

>in article uk55p1hc0sl2gbten...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at
>use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/03/2005 11:14 PM:
>
>> On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:15:46 -0800, "Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)"
>> <Lon_Chaney_Man...@LCMail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> in article ort4p1tnqgesboqt6...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

>>> You don't have that power. You are not in a position to affect anyone's
>>> ego.
>>
>> Not directly, but I provide plenty of opportunity for people like you
>> to use my posts as a means to attack yourselves out of stupidity.
>
>I have no need to attack myself. You must be projecting again.

...you do comprehend that everything you read online is to a certain
extent a projection of yourself...so really, if you think I'm
projecting...you think you're projecting.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

max

Dec 4, 2005, 3:04:17 AM12/4/05
In article <e285p19k9h2kf0ahk...@4ax.com>, Onideus Mad
Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

> >I have no need to attack myself. You must be projecting again.
>
> ...you do comprehend that everything you read online is to a certain
> extent a projection of yourself...so really, if you think I'm
> projecting...you think you're projecting.

Or maybe, Mad, you're just a pathetic moron.

ZnU

Dec 4, 2005, 3:50:44 AM12/4/05
In article <n085p1tnse200cn2g...@4ax.com>,

It's quite possible you're the most obnoxious person I've ever
encountered on Usenet. And Usenet has quite a lot of obnoxious people.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 4, 2005, 5:19:10 AM12/4/05

My "very silly goals" result in being able to make things like this:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png

Not using any sort of tutorial, but simply by looking at a single,
solid existing image:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/neat.png

You're posting out of the graphic design froups so I'll assume you're
not just a dribbling idiot and you have at least some interest in the
topic, so I ask...can you do the same? Can you look at those base
images, analyze their individual parts and create your own from
scratch? If not...maybe you should reexamine your own "very silly
goals". ^_^

...you know what the saddest part is...I'm a fucking TROLL/UPA artist
and *I* seem to have more skill in graphic design than...anyone else
in the graphic design froups. o_O

Hell, I'm going around giving out FREEBIE work:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/speedyURL.png
For those who ask...while peeps like you are going around accusing ME
of being a nasty, horrible troll...while you contribute...what?
Yeah...nothing. *shrugs*

My current artistic endeavor for the next few days...learn how to
color and shade a black and white drawing...here's what I have so far:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/horrible-tedium.png

Anyone care to share some examples of their own work in that area?
Any tips? Suggestions? Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath.

Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)

Dec 4, 2005, 5:30:32 AM12/4/05
in article e285p19k9h2kf0ahk...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/03/2005 11:53 PM:

> ...you do comprehend that everything you read online is to a certain
> extent a projection of yourself...

The reader defines what he reads for himself. I don't have a problem with
that idea.

> so really, if you think I'm
> projecting...you think you're projecting.

I don't worry about it, do you?

Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)

Dec 4, 2005, 5:38:54 AM12/4/05
in article 63g5p1dh2hnta8p74...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/04/2005 2:19 AM:

> On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:31:38 -0800, "Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)"
> <Lon_Chaney_Man...@LCMail.com> wrote:
>
>> in article dd05p1p3otbc55630...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at
>> use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/03/2005 11:14 PM:
>>
>>> it's about how many posts you've made, how
>>> much of an impact you've had on net.society, whether you accept Netter
>>> culture
>>

>> You have very silly goals.
>
> My "very silly goals" result in being able to make things like this:
> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png

Why do you feel the need to justify your goals to me?

> can you do the same? Can you look at those base
> images, analyze their individual parts and create your own from
> scratch?

Any artist can create an image from what he sees. That is not a special
skill for an artist.

> *I* seem to have more skill in graphic design than...anyone else
> in the graphic design froups.

Should, this "anyone" that you write about, be concerned with your opinion?

> Hell, I'm going around giving out FREEBIE work:
> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/speedyURL.png
> For those who ask...while peeps like you are going around accusing ME
> of being a nasty, horrible troll...while you contribute...what?
> Yeah...nothing.

So? How does your decision to work for free affect anyone else's choices?

Why should anyone care what you choose to do?

> Any tips? Suggestions?

Do you really think anyone is going to help you do anything?

Chuckle.

You are just being silly.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 4, 2005, 5:51:59 AM12/4/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 02:30:32 -0800, "Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)"
<Lon_Chaney_Man...@LCMail.com> wrote:

>> ...you do comprehend that everything you read online is to a certain
>> extent a projection of yourself...

>The reader defines what he reads for himself. I don't have a problem with
>that idea.

Reaper (an A26 reg) posted a really great link on the subject of
net.psych and how people interpret things online...can't remember it
though.

>> so really, if you think I'm
>> projecting...you think you're projecting.

>I don't worry about it, do you?

I worry about cute ickle bunnikins being terrorised by evil huskies...

Kill the husky scum! Kill them for the bunnies...and for me!

*10 to 1 says no one gets the reference.*

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 4, 2005, 6:03:07 AM12/4/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 02:38:54 -0800, "Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)"
<Lon_Chaney_Man...@LCMail.com> wrote:

>>> You have very silly goals.

>> My "very silly goals" result in being able to make things like this:
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png

>Why do you feel the need to justify your goals to me?

Why do you feel the need to try and rip off portions of my posting
style? They must have been pretty effective though against you if you
think they're worth parroting. Unfortunately what bothers you will
never bother me I'm afraid. ^_^

>> can you do the same? Can you look at those base
>> images, analyze their individual parts and create your own from
>> scratch?

>Any artist can create an image from what he sees. That is not a special
>skill for an artist.

Right...so what you're saying then is that there are no artists in any
of these froups, gotcha.

>> *I* seem to have more skill in graphic design than...anyone else
>> in the graphic design froups.

>Should, this "anyone" that you write about, be concerned with your opinion?

Of course, the opinion of those who have skill are always valued.
It's sort of like if some bum on the street was giving you advice
about how you should invest your money...are you REALLY going to be
concerned with his opinion? Of course not, he's a bum. But if say
Alan Greenspan were to tell you how you should invest your
money...probably yer gonna take his opinion pretty seriously.

>> Hell, I'm going around giving out FREEBIE work:
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/speedyURL.png
>> For those who ask...while peeps like you are going around accusing ME
>> of being a nasty, horrible troll...while you contribute...what?
>> Yeah...nothing.

>So? How does your decision to work for free affect anyone else's choices?

Drastically. If I start going around doing work for free, that
essentially takes work away from others looking to try and make money
off the trade. It not only affects their choices, it affects their
entire lives as well as the lives of countless others. Not to mention
the whole butterfly effect.

>> Any tips? Suggestions?

>Do you really think anyone is going to help you do anything?

Of course. They'll help me by attacking my work and overly critiquing
every last nano-error in some foolish attempt to seek verbal
retribution...I'll then use that completely unrealistic standard as my
starting point. That, BTW is also why I have so much more skill than
anyone else in the lot of these froups...I continually hold myself to
God like standards and force people like you into setting them.

>Chuckle.
>
>You are just being silly.

You just ARE silly.

Sandman

Dec 4, 2005, 6:03:57 AM12/4/05
In article <63g5p1dh2hnta8p74...@4ax.com>,

Onideus Mad Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

> >> it's about how many posts you've made, how
> >> much of an impact you've had on net.society, whether you accept Netter
> >> culture
> >
> >You have very silly goals.
>
> My "very silly goals" result in being able to make things like this:
> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png
>
> Not using any sort of tutorial, but simply by looking at a single,
> solid existing image:
> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/neat.png

You seem to be proud of making a not-so-very-good copy of a not-so-good-looking
UI to make it even less attractive. Why is that?

> You're posting out of the graphic design froups so I'll assume you're
> not just a dribbling idiot and you have at least some interest in the
> topic, so I ask...can you do the same?

*anyone* can do that. You're at best a ignorant amateur and at worst just
ignorant. You think you're accomplishing something and want people to be
impressed that you can take a piss without wetting your pants.

--
Sandman[.net]

"Kudos to Apple for being the first to bring affordable 64 bit
computing to the PC market"
- Edwin

Sandman

Dec 4, 2005, 6:09:24 AM12/4/05
In article <kni5p19ojchi4vmii...@4ax.com>,

Onideus Mad Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

> >> can you do the same? Can you look at those base
> >> images, analyze their individual parts and create your own from
> >> scratch?
>
> >Any artist can create an image from what he sees. That is not a special
> >skill for an artist.
>
> Right...so what you're saying then is that there are no artists in any
> of these froups, gotcha.

The torll groups you keep trying to add? No, I don't think there are any
artists in them, I'm afraid. After all, you post to them.

> >> *I* seem to have more skill in graphic design than...anyone else
> >> in the graphic design froups.
>
> >Should, this "anyone" that you write about, be concerned with your opinion?
>
> Of course, the opinion of those who have skill are always valued.

Yes, but he asked whether he'd be interested in your opinion - not if he'd be
interested in the opinion of someone with skills.

> It's sort of like if some bum on the street was giving you advice
> about how you should invest your money...

Are you claiming you will be starting to hand out financial advice?

> are you REALLY going to be
> concerned with his opinion?

Of course not, which is what he said - we won't care about the bums (your)
opinion.

> Of course not, he's a bum.

Why, yes you are.

> >So? How does your decision to work for free affect anyone else's choices?
>
> Drastically. If I start going around doing work for free, that
> essentially takes work away from others looking to try and make money
> off the trade.

Please. You couldn't give away your work for free other than to other bums. I
think it's hilarious that you think that your ugly mockup actually constitutes
some sort of threat to real artists.

You redefine the phrase "total loser" to mean "Onideus Mad Hatter".

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 4, 2005, 6:23:30 AM12/4/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 12:03:57 +0100, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

>> My "very silly goals" result in being able to make things like this:
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png
>>
>> Not using any sort of tutorial, but simply by looking at a single,
>> solid existing image:
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/neat.png

>You seem to be proud of making a not-so-very-good copy of a not-so-good-looking
>UI to make it even less attractive. Why is that?

"Not-so-very-good" eh? Oh, so I guess YOU can do better, huh? Okay,
let's see yours! `, )

Uh oh, looks like you were talkin shit and you just tripped and fell
in it, huh?

>> You're posting out of the graphic design froups so I'll assume you're
>> not just a dribbling idiot and you have at least some interest in the
>> topic, so I ask...can you do the same?

>*anyone* can do that.

ANYONE can do it...er uh...just not you apparently...or anyone else
for that matter.

...DUM, DUM, DUM...wanna argue with Wiki some more? I think it likes
bitch slapping you! ^_^

>You're at best a ignorant amateur and at worst just
>ignorant. You think you're accomplishing something and want people to be
>impressed that you can take a piss without wetting your pants.

Projecting again? Let's see some examples of YOUR work...oh, you
don't have any...oh well you have this:
http://www.sandman.net/

ROTFLMAO... `, D

Boy the sad just never stops with you, does it?

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)

Dec 4, 2005, 6:38:29 AM12/4/05
in article kni5p19ojchi4vmii...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/04/2005 3:03 AM:

>>> My "very silly goals" result in being able to make things like this:
>>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png
>
>> Why do you feel the need to justify your goals to me?
>
> Why do you feel the need to try and rip off portions of my posting
> style?

You are free to think anything you wish. I have been posting into
newsgroups for a number of years and have had these types of discussions
with people before.

I think these types of ideas have been around for a long time. I don't
think you invented them.

>>> can you do the same? Can you look at those base
>>> images, analyze their individual parts and create your own from
>>> scratch?
>
>> Any artist can create an image from what he sees. That is not a special
>> skill for an artist.
>
> Right...so what you're saying then is that there are no artists in any
> of these froups, gotcha.

See, that was an example of you interpreting the words to suit your own
reality. That is not the idea that I was attempting to communicate.

All artists have the ability to "take apart" something they see and then
duplicate it in some sort of fashion using a visual medium. That is what
artists do. You asking the artists in the newsgroup to enter into some sort
of contest to satisfy your needs ... I don't think you are understanding
your "audience". I would doubt that you get even one artist to take up your
challenge just to satisfy your needs.

My guess is that no one is interested in giving you anything that you might
need.

>>> *I* seem to have more skill in graphic design than...anyone else
>>> in the graphic design froups.
>
>> Should, this "anyone" that you write about, be concerned with your opinion?
>
> Of course, the opinion of those who have skill are always valued.

You don't get to decide that. The person valuing your "skill" does. So far
I have not seen anyone value your "skill".

>But if say
> Alan Greenspan were to tell you how you should invest your
> money...probably yer gonna take his opinion pretty seriously.

Not if you don't value his opinion.

>>> Hell, I'm going around giving out FREEBIE work:
>>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/speedyURL.png
>>> For those who ask...while peeps like you are going around accusing ME
>>> of being a nasty, horrible troll...while you contribute...what?
>>> Yeah...nothing.
>
>> So? How does your decision to work for free affect anyone else's choices?
>
> Drastically. If I start going around doing work for free, that
> essentially takes work away from others looking to try and make money
> off the trade.

There is plenty of money to go around. There are plenty of jobs to be had.
There is no need to feel that there is a shortage of paying graphic jobs to
be done.

>>> Any tips? Suggestions?
>
>> Do you really think anyone is going to help you do anything?
>
> Of course. They'll help me by attacking my work and overly critiquing
> every last nano-error in some foolish attempt to seek verbal
> retribution...I'll then use that completely unrealistic standard as my
> starting point. That, BTW is also why I have so much more skill than
> anyone else in the lot of these froups...I continually hold myself to
> God like standards and force people like you into setting them.

I personally did not go to your site, do not care about your site. Do not
care about your work.

I find you mildly amusing, but that is about all. I am sure that you will
fade away like most people do. You will burn very brightly for a few days
or weeks and then be gone.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 4, 2005, 7:00:40 AM12/4/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 03:38:29 -0800, "Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)"
<Lon_Chaney_Man...@LCMail.com> wrote:

>> Why do you feel the need to try and rip off portions of my posting
>> style?

>You are free to think anything you wish.

Do you believe you're the one granting that right?

>I have been posting into newsgroups for a number of years and have had
>these types of discussions with people before.

A quick search of your posting history says otherwise. *shrugs*

>I think these types of ideas have been around for a long time. I don't
>think you invented them.

I never claimed to have invented them, Kiddo. I only claimed that you
copied the style from me.

>>> Any artist can create an image from what he sees. That is not a special
>>> skill for an artist.

>> Right...so what you're saying then is that there are no artists in any
>> of these froups, gotcha.

>See, that was an example of you interpreting the words to suit your own
>reality. That is not the idea that I was attempting to communicate.

The ideas that you attempt to communicate and the ideas that you DO
communicate are entirely different. You said, quite plainly, that any
artist can create an image from what he sees. Well I posted an
image...and I posted my rendition...and then I asked all the shit
talkers like yourself to post yours...but you aren't. So by your own
definition...you're not an artist. If you wanted to stretch you could
try and claim you don't have the time...but then you seem to have the
time to make all these posts to me in the first place, so obviously
you DO have the time.

>All artists have the ability to "take apart" something they see and then
>duplicate it in some sort of fashion using a visual medium. That is what
>artists do. You asking the artists in the newsgroup to enter into some sort
>of contest to satisfy your needs

...it has nothing to do with MY needs, it would actually satify YOUR
need to "prove me wrong"...which so many of you seem fiercly intent on
doing...mostly because of the way I've mistreated you. ^_^

>... I don't think

Yeah, I can see that.

>you are understanding your "audience".

...every post you've made has been an attempt to seek some sort of
verbal retribution against me...if you had the skillz to "put me in my
place", make me look bad and make me eat my words...you would make use
of them. Oh hey, now is the time for you to backpedal...and do a REAL
shitty job of it too!

>> Of course, the opinion of those who have skill are always valued.

>You don't get to decide that. The person valuing your "skill" does. So far
>I have not seen anyone value your "skill".

...um, if no one valued my skill why are you all spending so much time
reading and replying to my every post? I mean if I was just some punk
troll talkin shit with no examples you'd all instantly kill file me
and not even think twice about me...but uh, you don't do
that...because despite all your hostility and rage towards me, you do
value my skill.

>>But if say
>> Alan Greenspan were to tell you how you should invest your
>> money...probably yer gonna take his opinion pretty seriously.

>Not if you don't value his opinion.

Well there is something to be said for intelligence in regards to the
person seeking opinions.

>> Drastically. If I start going around doing work for free, that
>> essentially takes work away from others looking to try and make money
>> off the trade.

>There is plenty of money to go around.

Oh okay, so I'll just post my address and you can go ahead and send me
all of yours...I mean, there's PLENTY of it, right?

>There are plenty of jobs to be had.

...yeah, if you had the skill to do them, which you don't.

>>> Do you really think anyone is going to help you do anything?

>> Of course. They'll help me by attacking my work and overly critiquing
>> every last nano-error in some foolish attempt to seek verbal
>> retribution...I'll then use that completely unrealistic standard as my
>> starting point. That, BTW is also why I have so much more skill than
>> anyone else in the lot of these froups...I continually hold myself to
>> God like standards and force people like you into setting them.

>I personally did not go to your site, do not care about your site. Do not
>care about your work.

You're lying...and doing a pretty piss poor job of it too I might add.
You've been caught with yer hand in the cookie jar, Kiddo, there's no
denying it. If you didn't care about my sites or my work...why would
you be taking all this time and effort to read and reply to my every
other post? I mean I guess you could claim it's because you're an
IDIOT... *shrugs*

>I find you mildly amusing, but that is about all.

If you really found me amusing...why would you need ME of all people
to know that? Why are you trying to justify yourself and your actions
to me if I'm supposedly just the entertainment? Uh oh, looks like
you've slipped again!

>I am sure that you will fade away like most people do.

...oh my, you really don't comprehend who I am, do you? Free cl00...I
uh, don't normally just "go away". ADG at this point, for all intents
and purposes, is now an anexation of the Flonk. This froup is pwn3d
d00d, I've taken it and I'll do with it what I like...maybe even fuck
it all up if it suddenly strikes my fancy.

>You will burn very brightly for a few days
>or weeks and then be gone.

That's the problem with you humans...your perception of time is so
skewed. A month can pass and for me it barely seems like a few days.
LOL...I've always been fascinated by the human comprehension of
immortality, why is it that you humans assume immortals would have the
same sorts of perceptions that you have?

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Sandman

Dec 4, 2005, 7:11:34 AM12/4/05
In article <o6k5p1d8clh3tevng...@4ax.com>,

Onideus Mad Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

> >> My "very silly goals" result in being able to make things like this:
> >> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png
> >>
> >> Not using any sort of tutorial, but simply by looking at a single,
> >> solid existing image:
> >> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/neat.png
>
>> You seem to be proud of making a not-so-very-good copy of a
>> not-so-good-looking UI to make it even less attractive. Why is that?
>
> "Not-so-very-good" eh? Oh, so I guess YOU can do better, huh?

Please - a handicapped monkey can do everything better than you.

> >> You're posting out of the graphic design froups so I'll assume you're
> >> not just a dribbling idiot and you have at least some interest in the
> >> topic, so I ask...can you do the same?
>
> >*anyone* can do that.
>
> ANYONE can do it...er uh...just not you apparently...or anyone else
> for that matter.

Keep telling yourself that.

> ...DUM, DUM, DUM...wanna argue with Wiki some more? I think it likes
> bitch slapping you! ^_^

You're roadkill in that thread, Einstein.

> >You're at best a ignorant amateur and at worst just
> >ignorant. You think you're accomplishing something and want people to be
> >impressed that you can take a piss without wetting your pants.
>
> Projecting again? Let's see some examples of YOUR work...oh, you
> don't have any...oh well you have this:
> http://www.sandman.net/

> ROTFLMAO... `, D
>
> Boy the sad just never stops with you, does it?

I am the author of the Atlas Content Management System, Einstein.

Damn, it must be hurting badly to be as humiliated as you've been here. And
it's so damn easy to humiliate you as well. No sport at all.

--
Sandman[.net]

"As far as my decision to use the PC goes, that
went according to my pocketbook"
- Edwin, too poor to afford a Mac.

Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)

Dec 4, 2005, 8:13:38 AM12/4/05
in article 0gl5p1prgkcba2un1...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/04/2005 4:00 AM:

> On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 03:38:29 -0800, "Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)"
> <Lon_Chaney_Man...@LCMail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Why do you feel the need to try and rip off portions of my posting
>>> style?
>
>> You are free to think anything you wish.
>
> Do you believe you're the one granting that right?

Just reminding you that I was aware of your right.

>> I have been posting into newsgroups for a number of years and have had
>> these types of discussions with people before.
>
> A quick search of your posting history says otherwise.

Do you really think I am using my real name?

Chuckle.

>> I think these types of ideas have been around for a long time. I don't
>> think you invented them.
>
> I never claimed to have invented them, Kiddo. I only claimed that you
> copied the style from me.

Your claim is without evidence.

>>> Right...so what you're saying then is that there are no artists in any
>>> of these froups, gotcha.
>
>> See, that was an example of you interpreting the words to suit your own
>> reality. That is not the idea that I was attempting to communicate.
>
> The ideas that you attempt to communicate and the ideas that you DO
> communicate are entirely different.

It is you that decides or not if I am successful at communicating with you.
I can't force you to understand. So naturally I can only do my best and if
it is not good enough for you, then you never understand. Nothing I can do
about that.

I know enough about people like you to know that if you wish to understand
you will, but you also have the ability to be obstinate or bullheaded when
you don't wish to see a point of view. It is a waste of my time to try and
communicate with someone like you when you are in that frame of mind.

> You said, quite plainly, that any
> artist can create an image from what he sees.

That is my opinion. I typed it and then posted it.

> Well I posted an
> image...and I posted my rendition...and then I asked all the shit
> talkers like yourself to post yours...but you aren't.

There is no reason to post an image to satisfy your desires or needs. If
you need it bad enough you will make it worth my while. Otherwise I don't
care to satisfy your desires or needs.

> So by your own
> definition...you're not an artist.

You are free to think that if you wish. But I consider myself an artist
that chooses not to respond to your needs or desires for a graphic image.

> If you wanted to stretch you could
> try and claim you don't have the time...but then you seem to have the
> time to make all these posts to me in the first place, so obviously
> you DO have the time.

I have the time, I have the time that I need to do as I wish. I choose not
to satisfy your needs.

>> All artists have the ability to "take apart" something they see and then
>> duplicate it in some sort of fashion using a visual medium. That is what
>> artists do. You asking the artists in the newsgroup to enter into some sort
>> of contest to satisfy your needs
>
> ...it has nothing to do with MY needs, it would actually satify YOUR
> need to "prove me wrong"

I don't have that need.

> ...which so many of you seem fiercly intent on
> doing...

So many? I only see a few people responding to you. And not very
"fiercely" in my opinion.

> mostly because of the way I've mistreated you. ^_^

Me personally? Shrug. I don't feel mistreated, where you trying to
mistreat me?

I must have missed it.

>> ... I don't think

>> you are understanding your "audience".
>
> ...every post you've made has been an attempt to seek some sort of
> verbal retribution against me...

That is how you choose to see the posts. Learn to take responsibility for
your own feelings and don't attempt to blame others for what you feel.

I am communicating with you because you are choosing to play the "game" with
me. If you choose to not play, then the "game" ends.

> if you had the skillz to "put me in my
> place"

Where is your "place"? Where do you think I want to put you?

> make me look bad and make me eat my words...

I have no desire to make you look anyway that you don't choose to look.

> you would make use
> of them.

I enjoy this, I have no need to do anything else with you.

> Oh hey, now is the time for you to backpedal...and do a REAL
> shitty job of it too!

Backpedal about what?

>>> Of course, the opinion of those who have skill are always valued.
>
>> You don't get to decide that. The person valuing your "skill" does. So far
>> I have not seen anyone value your "skill".
>
> ...um, if no one valued my skill why are you all spending so much time
> reading and replying to my every post?

Because it is fun.

> I mean if I was just some punk
> troll talkin shit with no examples you'd all instantly kill file me
> and not even think twice about me.

I like trolls. Trolling is a sport. I enjoy it.

> despite all your hostility and rage towards me, you do
> value my skill.

I have yet to see your graphic "skill". I have read some other people's
comments and felt no need to see your "skill" for myself.

>>> Drastically. If I start going around doing work for free, that
>>> essentially takes work away from others looking to try and make money
>>> off the trade.
>
>> There is plenty of money to go around.
>
> Oh okay, so I'll just post my address and you can go ahead and send me
> all of yours...I mean, there's PLENTY of it, right?

There is plenty of money that you can make on your own. You don't need my
help.

>> There are plenty of jobs to be had.
>
> ...yeah, if you had the skill to do them, which you don't.

Take a wild guess and tell me how much I value your opinion about my work.

>> I personally did not go to your site, do not care about your site. Do not
>> care about your work.
>

> If you didn't care about my sites or my work...why would
> you be taking all this time and effort to read and reply to my every
> other post?

Because I enjoy trolls. People like you are amusing for a while. I play
the "game" with you.

>> I find you mildly amusing, but that is about all.
>
> If you really found me amusing...why would you need ME of all people
> to know that?

Just sharing.

>> I am sure that you will fade away like most people do.
>
> ...oh my, you really don't comprehend who I am, do you? Free cl00...I
> uh, don't normally just "go away". ADG at this point, for all intents
> and purposes, is now an anexation of the Flonk. This froup is pwn3d
> d00d, I've taken it and I'll do with it what I like...maybe even fuck
> it all up if it suddenly strikes my fancy.

Should I care?

-hh

Dec 4, 2005, 8:27:24 AM12/4/05
Welcher Matt Moulton "Onideus Mad Hatter" wrote:

> [ranting deleted; seems that Matt got a bit worked up at 2:14 am on a Friday night]

> >Even if it is nothing more than putting a Copyright (C) on
> >some graphic you're going to give away.
>
> ...you don't need to put any sort of "(C)" on anything to make it
> copyright, it simply *IS* copyrighted, it is inherent.

Inherent in the USA. In any case, adding the (C) mark is simple and
cost free, and it immediately denies the attempted lame excuse of "but
it wasn't marked..." when you catch some twit using your stuff without
permission.

> The iPod doesn't even HAVE any graphic design, it's PLAIN WHITE...

Lesson 102: Know your Art History.

For example, Paul Revere was a silversmith whose hallmark was in making
extremely plain silver pieces, even though the graphical norm of the
day was highly decoratively engraved pieces. Revere was contemporarily
recognized as a Master Silversmith because engraving allows you to
conceal flaws in the underlying piece, whereas a "plain" piece had to
be flawless to look any good at all.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/rvre/hd_rvre.htm

> Do you actually bother to READ any of these? I mean, OH MY GAWD:
>
> "A computer readable medium contains media player application code
> which implements the procedures of generating in a user interface an
> application window having a window frame and a plurality of stiles to

> define a plurality of panes within said frame..."

Yes, the typical strategy for any application is to claim
everything...not unlike Politicians :-).

In this example, the terms of "frame", "stiles" and "panes" describe
the visual graphical layout in words and it is necessary to be wordy in
a Patent. FWIW, I usually look at the illustrations first and then go
back and wade through the "maximal claim" phrased text descriptions.

> Regarding the CB image though...yeah, I'd say a 10 on improving the
> original there too:
> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/enhanced.png

Assuming that's your version is on the right, what you've done is made
a better version for the specific context that you put it in.

However, before effectively criticizing the original's artist's
rendition, I'm obligated to view it in his original context. Yes, it
looks "bad" in the context you've placed it in, but there may have been
good reasons why the original artist did what he did which were lost
with your change in context.

> >(Damn, here I go offering sincere advice again to an asshole): my
> >constructive suggesion would be to get rid of the background image for
> >the time being - - it only serves to conceal your desgin flaws in the
> >quality of the button's 3D topology illusion.
>
> The 3D buttons are flawless, Stupid:
> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/gamblin-boi-is-a-retard.png

Thanks for removing the background.

However, I'd still characterize those buttons as barely having any
substantial 3D effect. Perhaps its because the buttons are opaque and
this lack of translucence then only provides a weak surface effect.

Oh, and thanks for the "Hero Worship" of me on your website. :-)

> >Sorry; my media is photography.
>
> Yeah, sure it is, Spin Boi. Be careful, you don't know how much I

> know about photography...

More bragging, eh? Then I expect to see URL's to some of your
photographic works.

FYI, comments on my works are not being solicited. I do it simply for
my own personal enjoyment, not to try to make money. For example, I'm
currently experimenting with a digital technique I've recently learned
of which allows one to effecively increase Dynamic Range of the
recording media for those situations that would otherwise exceed the
capability of the medium to record it in a single exposure.

The recommended technique is to use a tripod and remote shutter release
so that you can most easily perfectly overlay the frames, but I've not
been out in the field yet to shoot new originals in this method (yet).
However, I was thinking about this bit while I was recently carrying a
little P&S with me while on a business trip, and I found a test vehicle
to apply the technique: a test subject with 'exccessive' DR which would
have a relatively simple disembarkation border to manage. To that end,
here's (downsampled) the two originals that were the starting point.
Note that for exposures, -4 is optimized the right side and -5
optimized to the left:

http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2005/germany/baseline-4.jpg
http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2005/germany/baseline-5.jpg

Normally, if one just took a single image and mucked around with
Photoshop's "Levels" controls, the below is typically about the best
that you can expect to salvage because the recording medium's dynamic
range was exceeded:

http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2005/germany/levels_adjust-4.jpg

However, by using two originals of different exposures, one can extend
the dynamic range ... if you can fit them together (hence why a tripod
is recommended). My cherry-picking of the test subject allowed me to
overcome my lack of a tripod. YMMV if my final experimental result did
or did not reasonably successfully achieved its stated goal:

http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2005/germany/tower(3864+5).jpg

BTW, the subject here is Ehrenburg Castle, near the Mosel River in
west-central Germany.

-hh

max

Dec 4, 2005, 2:00:07 PM12/4/05
In article <1133702844....@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, -hh
<recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:

> BTW, the subject here is Ehrenburg Castle, near the Mosel River in
> west-central Germany.

I've been there - very beautiful region! And the wine is exsquisite! ( :

My favorite city, though, would have had to have been Mannheim . . .
it was so exciting!

Ahh, what I woudn't give to have some traditionally prepared
sauerbraten! mmmmmm

What I woudn't give to go back there someday . . . ( :

max

Dec 4, 2005, 2:12:47 PM12/4/05
In article <o6k5p1d8clh3tevng...@4ax.com>, Onideus Mad
Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

> Projecting again? Let's see some examples of YOUR work...oh, you
> don't have any...oh well you have this:
> http://www.sandman.net/

Hey Sandman - I love your illustrations! ( :

Poser Boi, people design their sites to reflect their culture and
current trends in their region . . . DUH! He's European, DipShit.
Don't ya get it?

Shesh . . . so many retarded posts in such a short time. *tsk, tsk*
Hatter's losing his touch. Maybe from sniffing chalk dust all day?
Maybe from breathing in those mimeograph fumes?

ZnU

Dec 4, 2005, 4:06:00 PM12/4/05
In article <63g5p1dh2hnta8p74...@4ax.com>,

Onideus Mad Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:31:38 -0800, "Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)"
> <Lon_Chaney_Man...@LCMail.com> wrote:
>
> >in article dd05p1p3otbc55630...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at
> >use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/03/2005 11:14 PM:
> >
> >> it's about how many posts you've made, how
> >> much of an impact you've had on net.society, whether you accept Netter
> >> culture
> >

> >You have very silly goals.
>
> My "very silly goals" result in being able to make things like this:
> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png

You're really impressed with yourself over this? And you're pretending
to be a professional?

There's no doubt you have a basic competence with Photoshop, but that's
a very, very small part of actually being a good designer.

Someone with an actual sense of aesthetics understands that good design
is not about being able to achieve neat effects in Photoshop. It's about
having a sense of layout and space, about knowing how to choose the
right fonts and colors to achieve a specific feel, about understanding
how to convey information effectively.

Sometimes this means using lots of bright colors, visually busy design,
gimmicky fonts, etc. Sometimes it means using a lot of white space, a
small number of colors, and crisp, clear text. Sometimes it means
sticking to commonly used layout conventions. Sometimes it means
inventing new things.

Your work, and your comments in various threads in this group, make it
clear you have no understanding of design whatsoever. You're an amateur
who knows how to use some of the tools of a real designer. And as long
as you continue to misunderstand what design is about, that's all you'll
ever be.

[snip]

-hh

Dec 4, 2005, 4:06:12 PM12/4/05
max wrote:
> -hh <recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:
>
> > BTW, the subject here is Ehrenburg Castle, near the Mosel River in
> > west-central Germany.
>
> I've been there - very beautiful region! And the wine is exsquisite! ( :

And its quite inexpensive, compared to the US imports of the same. I
picked up two 0.375L Eiswein's (Weingut F. J. Weis; Zell A. D. Mosel)
for around $25 each, which is roughly 1/3rd of what I can find them for
in the USA (when I can find them). We had one of them with our
Thanksgiving desserts.

BTW, if you're into wine, head up to Bacharach on the Rhine. IMO, the
best restaurant is Altes
Haus, but after dinner, drop in next store at Fritz Bastian's "Weingut
zum Grüner Baum" wine bar. Fritz died earlier this year, but they're
keeping the tradition of his "Lazy Susan of 15 Local Rhine Wine
samples" going. It costs EUR15; total volume is around 0.75L, so its
too much for one person: split it between 2 or 3 people.

> My favorite city, though, would have had to have been Mannheim . . .
> it was so exciting!

I was just in that neighborhood last fall, over at Heidelburg (that's a
nice city too). Both cities are not too far from Burg Trifels, in the
hills to the Southwest, which is where Leopold once held King Richard I
for ransom. That's another self-guided tour that you can do at your
own pace (unlike Mad King Ludwig's Neuschwanstein, way down south near
Fussen).

> Ahh, what I woudn't give to have some traditionally prepared
> sauerbraten! mmmmmm

In Stanhope, NJ (northern NJ) there's a fine restaurant named the
"Black Forest Inn" that does a very authentic job on most German
dishes, including their saurbraten - - its not too sharp with vinegar
like most American interpretations:
http://www.blackforestinn.com/index.html/

If you're in these parts, I'm usually looking for an excuse to go :-)

> What I woudn't give to go back there someday . . . ( :

Actually, the off-season airfares at this time of year are usually
surprisingly affordable. From the East Coast, its not uncommon for
winter fares to UK to be cheaper than to Florida. For example, I'm
finding prices of $500/pp-RT for a Thursday departure next week (less
than 14 days).

Also, right now is **the** time of year to go for their traditional
Christmas Markets:

http://www.germany-tourism.de/weihnachtsmaerkte/weihnachtsmaerkte.html

For lower-priced accomodations, the "Rick Steves" website/guidebooks
have some very affordable pensions/B&B's that usually have
english-speaking hosts. I paid only EUR34 for a single in Bacharach
this past October, and when we were there on a holiday a year earlier,
I think a double was only like EUR50 (and it includes breakfast).

You don't really have to spend all that much on a trip to Europe unless
you get stuck staying in big, boring and overly expensive places like
the Paris Hilton. For example, how's this for a window view?

http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2005/paris/rue_cler_afternoon.jpg

Hard to believe that it was only $100/night.

-hh

PS: To alt.2600, a big hello to Barney, if he's still around. Hope
you're doing well.

Fred Doyle

Dec 4, 2005, 4:09:00 PM12/4/05
"Onideus Mad Hatter" <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote

> ADG at this point, for all intents

> and purposes, is now an anexation of the Flonk. This froup is pwn3d
> d00d, I've taken it and I'll do with it what I like...maybe even fuck
> it all up if it suddenly strikes my fancy.

Oh my, that is an interesting perspective. What is it that you think you
have?

--
Fred Doyle

-hh

Dec 4, 2005, 4:10:42 PM12/4/05

-hh wrote:
> ... For example, I'm

> finding prices of $500/pp-RT for a Thursday departure next week (less
> than 14 days).

Oops - forgot to change the context: this $500 airfare wasn't for
London (besides, they're usually cheaper): this is for New York City
to Frankfurt, Germany.

-hh

Sandman

Dec 4, 2005, 4:38:28 PM12/4/05
In article <041220051312473599%max...@yahoo.com>, max <max...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> > Projecting again? Let's see some examples of YOUR work...oh, you
> > don't have any...oh well you have this:
> > http://www.sandman.net/
>
> Hey Sandman - I love your illustrations! ( :

Thanks :)

> Poser Boi, people design their sites to reflect their culture and
> current trends in their region . . . DUH! He's European, DipShit.
> Don't ya get it?
>
> Shesh . . . so many retarded posts in such a short time. *tsk, tsk*
> Hatter's losing his touch. Maybe from sniffing chalk dust all day?
> Maybe from breathing in those mimeograph fumes?

He sure is entertaining.

max

Dec 4, 2005, 4:55:43 PM12/4/05
In article <1133730371....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, -hh
<recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:

Argh!!! I think you're trying to kill me!! ( : I spent roughly 6 years
there in the early nineties and I *LOVED* it!!

> And its quite inexpensive, compared to the US imports of the same. I
> picked up two 0.375L Eiswein's (Weingut F. J. Weis; Zell A. D. Mosel)
> for around $25 each, which is roughly 1/3rd of what I can find them for
> in the USA (when I can find them). We had one of them with our
> Thanksgiving desserts.

Are you trying to make me drool?! No, I know the wines are so
inexpensive as compared to when we import them. I enjoyed nearly every
kind of wine (except Spatlasses -- I never liked early grapes) -- my
favorites were the Reislings. And then when I came home, I found out
how much more $$ it was to encourage my "habit."

> BTW, if you're into wine, head up to Bacharach on the Rhine. IMO, the
> best restaurant is Altes
> Haus,

I've been there!! Good Lord, you're *really* taking me down memory
lane!! ( :

> but after dinner, drop in next store at Fritz Bastian's "Weingut
> zum Grüner Baum" wine bar. Fritz died earlier this year, but they're
> keeping the tradition of his "Lazy Susan of 15 Local Rhine Wine
> samples" going. It costs EUR15; total volume is around 0.75L, so its
> too much for one person: split it between 2 or 3 people.

No, I've never been there . . . to be honest, I was so green at
traveling that I only investigated the restaurants and "tourist" spots.
I really regret that I didn't poke into more shops . . .

> > My favorite city, though, would have had to have been Mannheim . . .
> > it was so exciting!>
> I was just in that neighborhood last fall, over at Heidelburg (that's a
> nice city too). Both cities are not too far from Burg Trifels, in the
> hills to the Southwest, which is where Leopold once held King Richard I
> for ransom. That's another self-guided tour that you can do at your
> own pace (unlike Mad King Ludwig's Neuschwanstein, way down south near
> Fussen).

I never saw Burg Trifels, but I did see Neuschewanstein from a
distance. Always wanted to go there, but never made it. Just one of a
many, many things I regret . . . . I did go to Barbarossa's castle. We
walked *all over* the ruins. You could *feel* the history.

> > Ahh, what I woudn't give to have some traditionally prepared
> > sauerbraten! mmmmmm
>
> In Stanhope, NJ (northern NJ) there's a fine restaurant named the
> "Black Forest Inn" that does a very authentic job on most German
> dishes, including their saurbraten - - its not too sharp with vinegar
> like most American interpretations:
> http://www.blackforestinn.com/index.html/
>
> If you're in these parts, I'm usually looking for an excuse to go :-)

I'm too far south for that on the spur of the moment, but I do go north
about twice a year. If you're really up for that? ( :
I swear, for the first year all I would eat is sauerbraten . . . those
and brats from the . . . erg . . . I can't remember what those
kiosks/stands were called.

> > What I woudn't give to go back there someday . . . ( :
>
> Actually, the off-season airfares at this time of year are usually
> surprisingly affordable. From the East Coast, its not uncommon for
> winter fares to UK to be cheaper than to Florida. For example, I'm
> finding prices of $500/pp-RT for a Thursday departure next week (less
> than 14 days).
>
> Also, right now is **the** time of year to go for their traditional
> Christmas Markets:
>
> http://www.germany-tourism.de/weihnachtsmaerkte/weihnachtsmaerkte.html

Ooh! I've been to those, too. What can i say? I'm a woman, I know where
to shop! I also used to frequent the "French Black Market" . . .

> For lower-priced accomodations, the "Rick Steves" website/guidebooks
> have some very affordable pensions/B&B's that usually have
> english-speaking hosts. I paid only EUR34 for a single in Bacharach
> this past October, and when we were there on a holiday a year earlier,
> I think a double was only like EUR50 (and it includes breakfast).
>
> You don't really have to spend all that much on a trip to Europe unless
> you get stuck staying in big, boring and overly expensive places like
> the Paris Hilton. For example, how's this for a window view?
>
> http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2005/paris/rue_cler_afternoon.jpg
>
> Hard to believe that it was only $100/night.

We keep saying that we'll go back but so far, we've not found the
"time." My husband and I have such different schedules and we travel
for business fairly frequently (he more so than I). We've made a
promise though, to each other, that we'll go within the next two years.

He was there at another time than I (earlier) . . . but when I lived
there, I lived in a gorgeous apartment in Weilerbach -- 4 HUGE
bedrooms, private entrance, huge drive and yarding - all for DM300 . .
. about what? 10 miles from Ramstein? (I *still* pronounce it
Rom-Shtein).

My apartment was owned by the sweetest three French-German sisters -
the Frau Bouquet. Every day, they'd drop in for tea and bring the most
decadent chocolate! I remember each Christmas we'd exchange gifts -
mine would be wrapped with a *lot* of tape and theirs were just
intricate folds that needed no tape. It's funny, the things you
remember . . . I still miss them . . .

However, the youngest sister (82) was hit by a car about two years
into my living there and she was left with a permanent disability.
Since their home (adjacent to my apartment) had three levels, they had
to sell the house and apartment - they coudn't negotiate the stairs any
more. They included a clause in the sale that I had to be allowed to
stay in the apartment, but without them, it was too sad, so I moved out
about two months afterwards. We lost touch (they moved to a town
outside of Paris -- some sort of nursing home) about 6 months later.
About a year after that, I searched for them and found out that they
had passed away - all three of them, within 2 months of each other . .
.
So even though I've got some sad memories of my life there, I think it
went a long way to making me who I am. I grew up a lot in that
beautiful country . . .

Thanks for the trip down memroy lane! I may go off and have a good cry
now - thinking of the wonderful Frau Bouquet . . . and how much I
loved them in such a short, short time ( :

-hh

Dec 4, 2005, 8:06:00 PM12/4/05

max wrote:
> -hh <recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:
>
> Are you trying to make me drool?! No, I know the wines are so
> inexpensive as compared to when we import them.

The tourist trap shop on the Rhine across from the Lorelei ... $3 per
bottle. Made me cry in that I was travelling light & fast on business
and was already maxxed out with the Eisewein and two other special
bottles from Peter Weis.

>> ... head up to Bacharach on the Rhine. IMO, the

> > best restaurant is Altes Haus,
>
> I've been there!! Good Lord, you're *really* taking me down memory
> lane!! ( :

The place we've been staying at in Bacharach is 'Pension Lettie' (see
Rick Steves guidebook). Lettie is from the Phillipines - had married
an American GI many years ago and ended up retiring to Germany. After
he died, she sold their farm and set up this Pension in Bacharach.

> I never saw Burg Trifels, but I did see Neuschewanstein from a
> distance. Always wanted to go there, but never made it.

Neuschewanstein is a horrendous tourist trap - - they push 500(!) tour
groups through it per day. But you still do have to go. Check out
some of the 'insider' info and find the info on how to find the trail
that goes up through the gorge underneathe the overlook bridge - - -
less than 1% of the visitors take this route to the top, so its nice
and quiet. Also, very late in the day, the crowds will thin out.

> > http://www.blackforestinn.com/index.html/
> >
> > If you're in these parts, I'm usually looking for an excuse to go :-)
>
> I'm too far south for that on the spur of the moment, but I do go north
> about twice a year. If you're really up for that? ( :

Sounds like a good enough excuse for me! :-) There's also a german
butcher shop in Rockaway, NJ ... their wursts are pretty good (best I
can find on this side of the pond). Just remind me about it when
you're coming north and I'll buy & freeze some for you to take home,
even if we're not able to make dinner pan out for whatever reason.

> > Also, right now is **the** time of year to go for their traditional
> > Christmas Markets:
> >
> > http://www.germany-tourism.de/weihnachtsmaerkte/weihnachtsmaerkte.html
>
> Ooh! I've been to those, too. What can i say? I'm a woman, I know where
> to shop!

You shop at these things? I thought that they were for eating ... and
a few quaffs of gluehwein :-)

> We keep saying that we'll go back but so far, we've not found the
> "time." My husband and I have such different schedules and we travel

> for business fairly frequently...We've made a promise though, to each other,

> that we'll go within the next two years.

Understood. For busy work schedules, do consider becoming more
opportunistic and looking at short leadtimes - - as little as 1 or 2
weeks out at last minute airfare/packages. For example, right now on
www.site59.com:

EWR to Frankfurt, airfare + rental car:
Leaving Thu, Dec 8
Returning Sun, Dec 11 $518 * 2 = $1036
Returning Mon, Dec 12 $529 * 2 = $1058
Returning Tue, Dec 13 $530 * 2 = $1060
Returning Wed, Dec 14 $672 *2 = $1344 (big price jump - ouch!)

ATL to Frankfurt, airfare & rental car:
Leaving Thu, Dec 8
Returning Sun, Dec 11 $579 * 2 = $1158
Returning Mon, Dec 12 $609 *2 = $1218
Returning Tue, Dec 13 $698 *2 = $1396
Returning Wed, Dec 14 $694 * 2 = $1388 (yes, less if you stay one
more day)

> Thanks for the trip down memroy lane! I may go off and have a good cry
> now - thinking of the wonderful Frau Bouquet . . . and how much I
> loved them in such a short, short time ( :

Think of it as simply more the reason to find the time to go. Pick a
small region and do an extended weekend on the short notice airfares.

-hh

max

Dec 4, 2005, 11:21:40 PM12/4/05
In article <1133744760....@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, -hh
<recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:

> max wrote:
> > -hh <recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:
> >
> > Are you trying to make me drool?! No, I know the wines are so
> > inexpensive as compared to when we import them.
>
> The tourist trap shop on the Rhine across from the Lorelei ... $3 per
> bottle. Made me cry in that I was travelling light & fast on business
> and was already maxxed out with the Eisewein and two other special
> bottles from Peter Weis.

Wow . . . compare that to the last bottle of Riesling I bought at my
local "International/Import" shop for $25 . . . }-:<

> Neuschewanstein is a horrendous tourist trap - - they push 500(!) tour
> groups through it per day. But you still do have to go. Check out
> some of the 'insider' info and find the info on how to find the trail
> that goes up through the gorge underneathe the overlook bridge - - -
> less than 1% of the visitors take this route to the top, so its nice
> and quiet. Also, very late in the day, the crowds will thin out.

I've heard it's a tourist trap before, but also, like you're saying,
I've heard it's too amazing to miss. My hubby and I are outdoorsy, so
hiking is one of our passions. I can absolutely see us exploring every
nook and cranny.

My hubby's family originally came from DE, so he's always been
intrigued by it's history. I've just always loved the culture, the
people, the country and all they entail . . . My family's Irish and I
grew up with the old Gaelic ways. Strange mix, no? ( :

> > > http://www.blackforestinn.com/index.html/
> > >
> > > If you're in these parts, I'm usually looking for an excuse to go :-)
> >
> > I'm too far south for that on the spur of the moment, but I do go north
> > about twice a year. If you're really up for that? ( :
>
> Sounds like a good enough excuse for me! :-) There's also a german
> butcher shop in Rockaway, NJ ... their wursts are pretty good (best I
> can find on this side of the pond). Just remind me about it when
> you're coming north and I'll buy & freeze some for you to take home,
> even if we're not able to make dinner pan out for whatever reason.

Well, I typically visit N. VA, so I think NJ is about a 4 hours drive?
Piece of cake . . . I've driven a lot longer for less! ( : You're
making it waaaay too tempting for me not to!

Don't suppose the butcher does mail order? Just curious -- would be
something awesome to tide me over until we get together . . .

> > > Also, right now is **the** time of year to go for their traditional
> > > Christmas Markets:
> > >
> > > http://www.germany-tourism.de/weihnachtsmaerkte/weihnachtsmaerkte.html
> >
> > Ooh! I've been to those, too. What can i say? I'm a woman, I know where
> > to shop!
>
> You shop at these things? I thought that they were for eating ... and
> a few quaffs of gluehwein :-)

I manage to do both no matter where I am! LOL I'm not a wine
connoisseur, really, though. I just know what I like. But really, I
couldn't tell a 93 Mosel from a 87 Rhine (though I'm pretty sure that
93 was a bad year for Rhine wines - - something bad with the water?)

> > We keep saying that we'll go back but so far, we've not found the
> > "time." My husband and I have such different schedules and we travel
> > for business fairly frequently...We've made a promise though, to each other,
> > that we'll go within the next two years.
>
> Understood. For busy work schedules, do consider becoming more
> opportunistic and looking at short leadtimes - - as little as 1 or 2
> weeks out at last minute airfare/packages. For example, right now on
> www.site59.com:
>
> EWR to Frankfurt, airfare + rental car:
> Leaving Thu, Dec 8
> Returning Sun, Dec 11 $518 * 2 = $1036
> Returning Mon, Dec 12 $529 * 2 = $1058
> Returning Tue, Dec 13 $530 * 2 = $1060
> Returning Wed, Dec 14 $672 *2 = $1344 (big price jump - ouch!)
>
> ATL to Frankfurt, airfare & rental car:
> Leaving Thu, Dec 8
> Returning Sun, Dec 11 $579 * 2 = $1158
> Returning Mon, Dec 12 $609 *2 = $1218
> Returning Tue, Dec 13 $698 *2 = $1396
> Returning Wed, Dec 14 $694 * 2 = $1388 (yes, less if you stay one
> more day)

Thanks for the info . . . knowing what the cost is makes it seem more
reachable . . . I mean, I usually think it's going to be somewhere in
the range of $15K to go back for what? two weeks? I'd rather spend more
than a weekend there . . . too much to see and do (though I think that
you could live there forever and *still* not do or see everything).
Too, I still have old friends there that I *know* I'd have to visit
with.

I even came really close to staying there permanently (or at least as
permanently as DE would have let me) . . . out of all the places I
have been to, I think DE is my favorite. I've been to Holland, Sweden,
France, the Middle East, all over the UK, and Canada. Funny thing is
that I've only been to a few states in the US.

Were you born in DE? If so, how did you come to be in the US? And if
so, how often do you get to go back home? And which do you like better?
Although that's probably a hard question to answer . . . I think that
both countries have so much to offer and are so different in so many
ways that it's a bit of a trick question . . .

-hh

Dec 5, 2005, 12:43:41 AM12/5/05
max wrote:
> -hh <recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:
> >
>> [NJ restaurant]

> Well, I typically visit N. VA, so I think NJ is about a 4 hours drive?

4 hours for Southern NJ, assuming a happy DC beltway. I'd factor 4
hours for VA to Philly, and then its just 2 hours & 99 miles up into
northern NJ.

> Piece of cake . . . I've driven a lot longer for less! ( : You're
> making it waaaay too tempting for me not to!
>
> Don't suppose the butcher does mail order? Just curious -- would be
> something awesome to tide me over until we get together . . .

I can think of two easier possibilities. The first is that I've heard
that there's a good butcher in the Columbus, GA area...not sure if this
is closer to you or not.

The second is that I'm pretty frequently in the Northern VA (Dumfries)
area on business, so if we can get business trips to allign, I can
hand-carry some down halfway.

I'd not thought of mail-order though. Now I have an excuse to drop
by...to ask! :-)

> Thanks for the info . . . knowing what the cost is makes it seem more
> reachable . . . I mean, I usually think it's going to be somewhere in
> the range of $15K to go back for what? two weeks? I'd rather spend more

> than a weekend there . . . too much to see and do ...

I snipped the part about how you enjoy hiking, but for that, perhaps
try a week someplace in Europe with a company like
www.Countrywalkers.com What's nice about these tours is that you're in
a real hotel room each night and you don't have to carry your suitcase
- - while on the trail, your pack just has your raingear, lunch and
camera. My one neighbor has used them, and the company we've used,
www.BCTwalk.com has merged with them. They lost the guide we had in DE
... Brigitte Gruener, who has been an alpine climbing guide for the
Matterhorn. Brigitte now runs her own company:

http://www.brigitwalks.at

We would use her again...quite friendly, etc. And here she is "not
eating" (inside joke):
http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2002/germany/Brigitte-crop2.jpg

Overall, I'd SWAG the total cost for a week for a couple at $5K for the
guided hiking tours, plus airfare, some meals, extra days, and misc
incidentals....under $7500. Plus of course, the costs at home: that
new set of hiking boots you wanted anyway, new camera, etc, etc....plus
a good segment of *time* across a dozen weekends at home, out hiking to
get in shape.

> ... out of all the places I

> have been to, I think DE is my favorite. I've been to Holland, Sweden,
> France, the Middle East, all over the UK, and Canada. Funny thing is
> that I've only been to a few states in the US.

I had been in 40 states before I turned 18, but seriously, don't sweat
it too much: an interesting piece of advice we got from a couple a few
years ago was that the US National Parks has much better handicapped
access than the rest of the world, so go see the rest of the world
while you can, and save the USA for when you're older and less inclined
to put up with the hassles of longer distance travel. (Nevertheless, I
still want to go to Yosemite 'sooner' rather than later).

If you're into hiking and nature, you've really got to put the
Galapagos and Peru on your list before "its too late" from a personal
fitness standpoint, even though they each can be expensive. When you
start thinking more seriously about either one, feel free to drop me a
note offline for more comments. You too might visit an airport like
this:

http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2004/peru/Manu-Airport-(_30_0306).jpg
(Manu Airport, Peru)

> Were you born in DE?

No, US born. Family emigrated a long time ago...pre-Ellis Island,
which made the geneology research a bit challenging to cross the pond.
The latest lead (2002 trip) has moved us from mid-18th Century Widdern
(DE) into the early 17th Century Calivinist regions, which should mean
mostly Bern or Zurich. That research will be some heavy lifting, but
in compensation, Switzerland does make some very nice white wines :-)

-hh

Lorem Ipsum

Dec 5, 2005, 12:35:19 PM12/5/05
Onideus Mad Hatter is a virus..

I'm adding him to the anti-virus suite.
His language pattern is perfectly type-cast.
Heuristics elementary.

He will evaporate soon.

Lorem Ipsum

Dec 5, 2005, 12:46:10 PM12/5/05

If you want a chuckle, write to stephen....@wwcc.edu and ask him about
Onideus Mad Hatter, point him to his webmeister's network rants and abuse.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 6:45:54 PM12/5/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 13:11:34 +0100, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

>>> You seem to be proud of making a not-so-very-good copy of a
>>> not-so-good-looking UI to make it even less attractive. Why is that?

>> "Not-so-very-good" eh? Oh, so I guess YOU can do better, huh?

>Please - a handicapped monkey can do everything better than you.

So you're saying a handicapped monkey can do everything better than
you, huh? I mean, you can't even replicate this:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png

If a handicapped monkey could do it...why can't you?

>> >*anyone* can do that.

>> ANYONE can do it...er uh...just not you apparently...or anyone else
>> for that matter.

>Keep telling yourself that.

...why would I need to tell myself that? I mean, you haven't posted
your rendition of it, duh uh...yer a lil slow, huh?

10 to 1 says Sandypants is desperately Googling for some kind of Mac
addict tutorial on how to do it...LOL...

>> ...DUM, DUM, DUM...wanna argue with Wiki some more? I think it likes
>> bitch slapping you! ^_^

>You're roadkill in that thread, Einstein.

Hey you're the one arguing against Wiki, Kiddo.

>> >You're at best a ignorant amateur and at worst just
>> >ignorant. You think you're accomplishing something and want people to be
>> >impressed that you can take a piss without wetting your pants.

>> Projecting again? Let's see some examples of YOUR work...oh, you
>> don't have any...oh well you have this:
>> http://www.sandman.net/

>> ROTFLMAO... `, D
>>
>> Boy the sad just never stops with you, does it?

>I am the author of the Atlas Content Management System, Einstein.

Your name is Jonas Eklundh is it?

>Damn, it must be hurting badly to be as humiliated as you've been here. And
>it's so damn easy to humiliate you as well. No sport at all.

Is the part where you start coming up with lame excuses to try and run
away? `, )

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 6:45:55 PM12/5/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 22:38:28 +0100, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

>In article <041220051312473599%max...@yahoo.com>, max <max...@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>> > Projecting again? Let's see some examples of YOUR work...oh, you
>> > don't have any...oh well you have this:
>> > http://www.sandman.net/
>>
>> Hey Sandman - I love your illustrations! ( :
>
>Thanks :)

Okay kids, it's gettin a lil too personal, take yer butt slurping to
private email already.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 6:45:55 PM12/5/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 13:12:47 -0600, max <max...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>In article <o6k5p1d8clh3tevng...@4ax.com>, Onideus Mad
>Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:
>
>> Projecting again? Let's see some examples of YOUR work...oh, you
>> don't have any...oh well you have this:
>> http://www.sandman.net/
>
>Hey Sandman - I love your illustrations! ( :

Not like...LOVE! LOL

>Poser Boi, people design their sites to reflect their culture and
>current trends in their region . . . DUH! He's European, DipShit.
>Don't ya get it?

...he's European and that's why his site looks like shit? Sorry
kiddo, but I know a lot of European artists and their stuff doesn't
look like shit.

His crap is amateur at best. I mean, WOW, he's figured out how to
make silhouettes! My, what an incredibly HARD technique THAT is...and
of course ONLY Europeans make art like that. *rolls eyes*

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 6:45:54 PM12/5/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 02:04:17 -0600, max <max...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>In article <e285p19k9h2kf0ahk...@4ax.com>, Onideus Mad
>Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:
>
>> >I have no need to attack myself. You must be projecting again.
>>
>> ...you do comprehend that everything you read online is to a certain
>> extent a projection of yourself...so really, if you think I'm
>> projecting...you think you're projecting.
> Or maybe, Mad, you're just a pathetic moron.

Considering that opinion is coming from some tweenage dipshit with a
yahoo email account and no examples of work he's done...yeah, it's as
meaningless as the toilet paper I wiped my ass with.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 6:45:56 PM12/5/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 16:06:00 -0500, ZnU <z...@fake.invalid> wrote:

>> My "very silly goals" result in being able to make things like this:
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png

>You're really impressed with yourself over this?

Not at all actually. I think it looks good, but it's not like some
grand accomplishment...at least not on my level isn't not.

>And you're pretending to be a professional?

I've never claimed to be professional, I claimed to be an artist.

>There's no doubt you have a basic competence with Photoshop,

...I'm not using Photoshop, I'm using a 6 year old version of Paint
Shop Pro.

>but that's a very, very small part of actually being a good designer.

Oh? Well where's your rendition? I mean, if you haven't even
mastered that "very small part" then I guess yer not even on the
fuckin grid, eh kiddo.

>Someone with an actual sense of aesthetics understands that good design
>is not about being able to achieve neat effects in Photoshop.

My sense of aesthetics is more developed than yours. You wanna put up
some of your own work and start comparing color schemes?

>It's about having a sense of layout and space,

What's wrong with my layouts?

>about knowing how to choose the right fonts and colors to achieve a
>specific feel, about understanding how to convey information
>effectively.

Are you quoting a textbook again? Let me know when you get some
original material.

>Sometimes this means using lots of bright colors, visually busy design,
>gimmicky fonts, etc.

No, that would be BAD design, actually.

>Sometimes it means using a lot of white space, a
>small number of colors, and crisp, clear text.

There ya go, although you don't want to have too much white space.

>Sometimes it means sticking to commonly used layout conventions.

No, that would be amateurish actually. Think outside of the sheeple
designs.

>Sometimes it means inventing new things.

There ya go, see, yer learning.

>Your work, and your comments in various threads in this group, make it

>clear you have perfect understanding of design.

I fixed yer typos.

>You're an amateur who knows how to use some of th<COCK SLAP>

Yer a dribbling little cluster fuck who can certainly talk a lot of
shit...but you have no work of your own to show us what your basis of
comparison is, nor do you have anything SPECIFIC to say about a
PARTICULAR design or style that one of my sites/projects is using.
Free cl00, Kiddie, I've used dozens upon dozens of different designs
styles, techniques, color schemes, etc. So if you wanna sit there
like an indignant, jealous little snit at least have the common
courtesy to be SPECIFIC in your reaching accusations.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 6:45:56 PM12/5/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 03:50:44 -0500, ZnU <z...@fake.invalid> wrote:

>In article <n085p1tnse200cn2g...@4ax.com>,

> Onideus Mad Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 02:37:41 -0500, ZnU <z...@fake.invalid> wrote:

>> >I noti<COCK SLAP>
>>
>> WHERE IS YOURS, MOUTH?
>>
>> What, did I stutter the first time?
>
>It's quite po<COCK SLAP>

WHERE IS YOURS, MOUTH?

What, did I stutter the second time too?

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 6:46:02 PM12/5/05
On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:35:19 -0600, "Lorem Ipsum" <Lo...@ipsum.xxx>
wrote:

You really think so, huh?

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 6:46:02 PM12/5/05
On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:46:10 -0600, "Lorem Ipsum" <Lo...@ipsum.xxx>
wrote:

>If you want a chuckle, write to stephen....@wwcc.edu and ask him about

>Onideus Mad Hatter, point him to his webmeister's network rants and abuse.

I'm sure Steve has a good chuckle over all you little Hatter addicts,
I know I do. ^_^

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 6:46:03 PM12/5/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 21:09:00 GMT, "Fred Doyle" <fdo...@nycap.rr.com>
wrote:

Fun. What do you have, angry bitter contempt for me? LOL

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 6:46:04 PM12/5/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 12:09:24 +0100, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

>> Right...so what you're saying then is that there are no artists in any
>> of these froups, gotcha.

>The torll groups you keep trying to add?

...what troll froups?

>No, I don't think

Well, duh.

>there are any artists in them,

In their particular areas of expertise, yeah.

>I'm afraid.

I know.

>After all, you post to them.

I killed all the artists, huh?

>> are you REALLY going to be
>> concerned with his opinion?

>Of course not, which is what he said - we w<SLAP>

So what did he slurp of yours to make you such an obedient little
cheerleader?

>> Of course not, he's a bum.

>Why, yes you are.

Your love of your boyfriend seems to have confused you terribly,
Sandypants.

>You redefine the phrase "total loser" to mean "Sandman".

I fixed yer typo!

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 6:46:06 PM12/5/05
On 4 Dec 2005 05:27:24 -0800, "-hh" <recscub...@huntzinger.com>
wrote:

>> >Even if it is nothing more than putting a Copyright (C) on
>> >some graphic you're going to give away.

>> ...you don't need to put any sort of "(C)" on anything to make it
>> copyright, it simply *IS* copyrighted, it is inherent.

>Inherent in the USA.

...does copyright really mean anything in any other country BUT the
US? I mean, really, how many other countries mimic the land 'o
litigation?

> In any case, adding the (C) mark is simple and
>cost free, and it immediately denies the attempted lame excuse of "but
>it wasn't marked..."

...that lame excuse wouldn't hold up though in any US court. *shrugs*

>when you catch some twit using your stuff without permission.

If some twit was using my stuff without permission what would stop me
from simply obliterating their pathetic Geoshities site?

>> The iPod doesn't even HAVE any graphic design, it's PLAIN WHITE...

>Lesson 102: Know your Art History.
>
>For example, Paul Revere was a silversmith whose hallmark was in making
>extremely plain silver pieces, even though the graphical norm of the
>day was highly decoratively engraved pieces. Revere was contemporarily
>recognized as a Master Silversmith because engraving allows you to
>conceal flaws in the underlying piece, whereas a "plain" piece had to
>be flawless to look any good at all.
>
>http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/rvre/hd_rvre.htm

That's great...except that it really doesn't have...anything at all to
do with the subject, but uh, thanks for the bit 'o trivia.

>> Do you actually bother to READ any of these? I mean, OH MY GAWD:
>>
>> "A computer readable medium contains media player application code
>> which implements the procedures of generating in a user interface an
>> application window having a window frame and a plurality of stiles to
>> define a plurality of panes within said frame..."

>Yes, the typical strategy for any application is to claim
>everything...not unlike Politicians :-).
>
>In this example, the terms of "frame", "stiles" and "panes" describe
>the visual graphical layout in words and it is necessary to be wordy in
>a Patent. FWIW, I usually look at the illustrations first and then go
>back and wade through the "maximal claim" phrased text descriptions.

...you DO realize though that, that description doesn't REALLY say
anything about GRAPHIC design.

Here, let me give you an example what a GRAPHIC design patent
description would look like:

Glass Effect
--------------
Create a gradient, color filled structure. Bevel the outer edges and
apply an inner shadow. Replicate the layer and apply a vertical
distortion filter and resize the layer down. Pull the image section
to the bottom of the structure, apply a gaussian blur then lower the
layer transparency and set the layer blend mode to dodge. Make
another duplicate of the first layer, reduce the size, move it to the
top of the structure, remove the contents and color fill the selection
with a white horizontal linear faded gradient, set the layer blend
mode to luminance, lower the layer opacity and then apply a gaussian
blur to the layer.

The result is nyah:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/glass.png

THAT is a graphic design.

>> Regarding the CB image though...yeah, I'd say a 10 on improving the
>> original there too:
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/enhanced.png

>Assuming that's your version is on the right, what you've done is made
>a better version for the specific context that you put it in.

I think you mean "left", Kiddo.

>> >(Damn, here I go offering sincere advice again to an asshole): my
>> >constructive suggesion would be to get rid of the background image for
>> >the time being - - it only serves to conceal your desgin flaws in the
>> >quality of the button's 3D topology illusion.
>>
>> The 3D buttons are flawless, Stupid:
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/gamblin-boi-is-a-retard.png

>Thanks for removing the background.
>
>However, I'd still characterize those buttons as barely having any
>substantial 3D effect.

Well you're a novice whose never even made one so you're not exactly
in a strong position to be critiquing it in the first place.

>Perhaps its because the buttons are opaque and
>this lack of translucence then only provides a weak surface effect.

The layer mode transparency is reduced so they're see through.
Further, the button inlays and the small size of the buttons compound
the reduction of a 3D feel...this isn't something that can be changed
though, Stupid. At most you could make the buttons solid, but unless
you want to take out the button inlays and make them larger...yeah, it
looks as good as it can get. Oh but hey, if you think otherwise, go
ahead and prove me wrong with some examples of your own...or you know,
just keep talkin shit.

>Oh, and thanks for the "Hero Worship" of me on your website. :-)

It's sad that you think being called a retard is "hero worship".

>> >Sorry; my media is photography.

>> Yeah, sure it is, Spin Boi. Be careful, you don't know how much I
>> know about photography...

>More bragging, eh? Then I expect to see URL's to some of your
>photographic works.

Begging for MORE examples of MY work when YOU haven't even provided
ANY of your own? Like I said, Kiddo, you can sure talk shit...but
that's about it.

>FYI, comments on my works are not being solicited. I do it simply for
>my own personal enjoyment, not to try to make money.

Well if that were true I'd expect you to be better than a
professional.

>For example, I'm
>currently experimenting with a digital technique I've recently learned
>of which allows one to effecively increase Dynamic Range of the
>recording media for those situations that would otherwise exceed the
>capability of the medium to record it in a single exposure.

I would just use two exposures with different lenses and then merge
the two later.

>The recommended technique is to use a tripod and remote shutter release
>so that you can most easily perfectly overlay the frames,

If yer skill in digital photo editing is good enough it doesn't need
to be that precise, but you should still use a tripod.

>but I've not
>been out in the field yet to shoot new originals in this method (yet).
>However, I was thinking about this bit while I was recently carrying a
>little P&S with me while on a business trip, and I found a test vehicle
>to apply the technique: a test subject with 'exccessive' DR which would
>have a relatively simple disembarkation border to manage. To that end,
>here's (downsampled) the two originals that were the starting point.
>Note that for exposures, -4 is optimized the right side and -5
>optimized to the left:
>
>http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2005/germany/baseline-4.jpg
>http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2005/germany/baseline-5.jpg
>
>Normally, if one just took a single image and mucked around with
>Photoshop's "Levels" controls, the below is typically about the best
>that you can expect to salvage because the recording medium's dynamic
>range was exceeded:
>
>http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2005/germany/levels_adjust-4.jpg
>

>However, by using two originals of different exposures, one can extend
>the dynamic range ... if you can fit them together (hence why a tripod
>is recommended). My cherry-picking of the test subject allowed me to
>overcome my lack of a tripod. YMMV if my final experimental result did
>or did not reasonably successfully achieved its stated goal:
>
>http://www.huntzinger.com/photo/2005/germany/tower(3864+5).jpg

Well, it's mediocre, I'd suggest a better camera...something you
didn't buy at Wal*Mart...also make sure you're taking the pictures in
a lossless format and don't ever use jpeg...even "lossless" jpeg,
which more often than not isn't that lossless...at least as far as
color quality. And make sure you get one with interchangeable lenses.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

SimBrain

Dec 5, 2005, 6:51:34 PM12/5/05
If you think your "technique" is anywhere close to perfect, well that would
just make me laugh.

> The technique isn't perfect yet, but I'm getting there.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 7:00:58 PM12/5/05
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:51:34 GMT, "SimBrain" <no...@none.com> wrote:

>If you think your "technique" is anywhere close to perfect, well that would
>just make me laugh.

...and where is yours? Oh, yer just running at the mouth, huh kid?
Let's see you do better than this:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png

While you're at, post an example of your glass technique. Here's
mine:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/glass.png

Or are you just gonna keep running at the mouth with nothing to back
yourself up with, kid?

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)

Dec 5, 2005, 7:09:51 PM12/5/05
in article c887p1do9gm220sfv...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/05/2005 3:45 PM:

> ...I'm not using Photoshop, I'm using a 6 year old version of Paint
> Shop Pro.

No wonder the image looks like it does. You are using crappy software.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 7:35:02 PM12/5/05

Are you claiming you can do better with non "crappy" software? Oh,
sorry, you were just talking shit again, huh? You're not actually
capable of doing...well, ANYTHING, are you? LOL

UprightCitizen

Dec 5, 2005, 7:53:59 PM12/5/05
Hahaha woaaaah. You made a transparent button. That's some pretty advanced
stuff there....hahahaha

> >If you think your "technique" is anywhere close to perfect, well that
would
> >just make me laugh.
>
> ...and where is yours? Oh, yer just running at the mouth, huh kid?
> Let's see you do better than this:
> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png
>
> While you're at, post an example of your glass technique. Here's
> mine:
> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/glass.png
>
> Or are you just gonna keep running at the mouth with nothing to back
> yourself up with, kid?
>
> --
>
> Onideus Mad Hatter

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 7:58:23 PM12/5/05
On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 00:53:59 GMT, "UprightCitizen"
<jfia...@oadlewoqocldaq.com> wrote:

>Hahaha woaaaah. You made a transparent button. That's some pretty advanced
>stuff there....hahahaha

If it's *SO* easy...where's yours? Uh oh, looks like ANOTHER shit
talker.

LOL, you kids sure can run at the mouth.

Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)

Dec 5, 2005, 8:34:39 PM12/5/05
in article 44n9p1pqv53c95s22...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/05/2005 4:35 PM:

> On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:09:51 -0800, "Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)"
> <Lon_Chaney_Man...@LCMail.com> wrote:
>
>> in article c887p1do9gm220sfv...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at
>> use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/05/2005 3:45 PM:
>>

>>> ...I'm not using Photoshop, I'm using a 6 year old version of Paint
>>> Shop Pro.
>>
>> No wonder the image looks like it does. You are using crappy software.
>
> Are you claiming you can do better with non "crappy" software? Oh,
> sorry, you were just talking shit again, huh? You're not actually
> capable of doing...well, ANYTHING, are you? LOL

Will you pay to see what I am capable of doing? If not, then you are just
another "client" that wants free work done.

mike

Dec 5, 2005, 8:40:03 PM12/5/05
in article 44n9p1pqv53c95s22...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/05/2005 4:35 PM:

> On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:09:51 -0800, "Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)"
> <Lon_Chaney_Man...@LCMail.com> wrote:
>
>> in article c887p1do9gm220sfv...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at
>> use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/05/2005 3:45 PM:
>>

>>> ...I'm not using Photoshop, I'm using a 6 year old version of Paint
>>> Shop Pro.
>>
>> No wonder the image looks like it does. You are using crappy software.
>
> Are you claiming you can do better with non "crappy" software? Oh,
> sorry, you were just talking shit again, huh? You're not actually
> capable of doing...well, ANYTHING, are you? LOL

http://www.artistmike.com/smallart.html

Any of the effects that you have in your little sample could be duplicated
without much problem at all. If it was worth anyone's time to actually do
it.

So far you have not found a way to make it worth anyone's time to engage in
your little contest.

You really do need to find out what motivates your intended audience and you
have failed to do that.

Mike
Site at: http://www.artistmike.com
Certificate Design at: http://www.artistmike.com/CertificateDesigns/1.html
Logos at: http://www.artistmike.com/NewLogos2002/Logos2002.08a.html

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 8:42:06 PM12/5/05
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:34:39 -0800, "Lon Chaney (Man of 1003 Faces)"

>>> No wonder the image looks like it does. You are using crappy software.

>> Are you claiming you can do better with non "crappy" software? Oh,
>> sorry, you were just talking shit again, huh? You're not actually
>> capable of doing...well, ANYTHING, are you? LOL

>Will you pay to see what I am capable of doing?

LOL, people don't PAY to see what you're capable of, you stupid
retard, you SHOW THEM for FREE what you're capable of through
examples, prototypes, mockups, portfolios, etc...if you don't have any
of those things...you're not CAPABLE of ANYTHING...yer just runnin at
the mouth.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 8:45:52 PM12/5/05
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:40:03 -0800, mike <mi...@artistmike.com> wrote:

>> Are you claiming you can do better with non "crappy" software? Oh,
>> sorry, you were just talking shit again, huh? You're not actually
>> capable of doing...well, ANYTHING, are you? LOL

>http://www.artistmike.com/smallart.html

Yes Mike, you can ass rape default filter effects in Photoshop, that's
great...that's not what this debate is about though.

>Any of the effects that you have in your little sample could be duplicated
>without much problem at all. If it was worth anyone's time to actually do
>it.

If they can be duplicated *SO* easily...why can't you do it? And as
for the time, well smack yerself up long side yer fat stupid head,
Kiddo, cause uh, with all the time you're spending posting
backpedalling excuses to Usenet you could have proven your capability
and shut me up right quick...you know, if you actually HAD some level
of skill, which, you don't.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter

mike

Dec 5, 2005, 10:45:15 PM12/5/05
in article ktq9p1h744vaftge3...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/05/2005 5:42 PM:

>>> Are you claiming you can do better with non "crappy" software? Oh,
>>> sorry, you were just talking shit again, huh? You're not actually
>>> capable of doing...well, ANYTHING, are you? LOL
>
>> Will you pay to see what I am capable of doing?
>

> LOL, people don't PAY to see what you're capable of...

You really don't have very good clients, do you. All of my clients pay 50%
to see what I can come up with for their projects. I never start a project
without 50% up front.

> you SHOW THEM for FREE what you're capable of through
> examples, prototypes, mockups, portfolios, etc...

That is not what YOU are asking for, you are asking for custom art to be
done for your little "contest" ... and I don't do custom work without being
paid for it.

> if you don't have any
> of those things...

Your lack of knowledge of what I have is not my problem.

mike

Dec 5, 2005, 10:50:46 PM12/5/05
in article j4r9p1t44tp0ove99...@4ax.com, Onideus Mad Hatter at

use...@backwater-productions.net wrote on 12/05/2005 5:45 PM:

>> Any of the effects that you have in your little sample could be duplicated
>> without much problem at all. If it was worth anyone's time to actually do
>> it.
>
> If they can be duplicated *SO* easily...why can't you do it?

You are confusing a choice of not doing it -- with the lack of ability to do
it. I am choosing to not do your little contest because it is not worth my
time. Now if you want to pay me to do a sample for you, then we can maybe
reach an agreement.

> And as
> for the time, well smack yerself up long side yer fat stupid head,
> Kiddo, cause uh, with all the time you're spending posting
> backpedalling excuses to Usenet you could have proven your capability
> and shut me up right quick.

I have no need to "shut you up right quick".

Now if you would like me to enter your little contest, you can pay me,
otherwise you are not going to see any custom work from me.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 5, 2005, 11:10:31 PM12/5/05
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:45:15 -0800, mike <mi...@artistmike.com> wrote:

>>> Will you pay to see what I am capable of doing?

>> LOL, people don't PAY to see what you're capable of...

>You really don't have very good clients, do you.

My last job (a stand alone Flash presentation) was featured at the
White House Conference on Cooperative Conservation...
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/envirojobby.png

You can't even DREAM of getting clients on MY level, Sweetheart.

>All of my clients pay 50%
>to see what I can come up with for their projects. I never start a project
>without 50% up front.

I'm not talking about starting a project, Stupid, I'm talking about
throwing together a few mockups when you're a bidding for a job. I
hate to break this to ya, Kiddo, but the competition is fierce:
http://contractedwork.com/rt.cfm?SubCatID=63

And morons like you? You're just kidding yourselves. Pay you 50% up
front? You must be dealin with some pretty shady individuals if
you're running THAT scared whilst ass raping default filter effects in
Photoshop.

>> you SHOW THEM for FREE what you're capable of through
>> examples, prototypes, mockups, portfolios, etc...

>That is not what YOU are asking for, you are asking for custom art to be
>done for your little "contest" ... and I don't do custom work without being
>paid for it.

Retard, the glass sample I created took less than 2 minutes to put
together. Either YOU HAVE a technique for creating it...or you're
just a deficient who doesn't know fuck all what they're doing. Why
don't you go Google for a tutorial, Stupid? LOL

And that music player? Puhlease, it took me 7 minutes to create the
base structures and then less than an hour to figure out techniques to
achieve a similar style. And now that I've developed those
techniques, I can recreate the structure in any form I like, like if I
suddenly wanted the buttons to all be the same size, or if I wanted
them to be little stars or arrows or whatever...it would only take
minutes.

Either you have the techniques...or you're a poser. Which is it?

Here, we'll start REAL simple...just create a glass structure:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/glass.png
That's it, so simple even a retard like you should be able to pull it
off. *snicker*

Hell, I'll even give you my methodology:

Create a gradient, color filled structure. Bevel the outer edges and
apply an inner shadow. Replicate the layer and apply a vertical
distortion filter and resize the layer down. Pull the image section
to the bottom of the structure, apply a gaussian blur then lower the
layer transparency and set the layer blend mode to dodge. Make
another duplicate of the first layer, reduce the size, move it to the
top of the structure, remove the contents and color fill the selection
with a white horizontal linear faded gradient, set the layer blend
mode to luminance, lower the layer opacity and then apply a gaussian
blur to the layer.

Surely you can do it if I'm GIVING YOU THE ANSWERS, can't you?

LOL...let's all see just how amateur you are. `, )

>> if you don't have any
>> of those things...

>Your lack of knowledge of what I have is not my problem.

Your lack of knowledge is grossly clear to everyone but you, although
somehow I doubt you're doing even half a good a job of lying to
yourself as you like to posture. What I was asking for in this lil
competition would not take any competent graphic artist more than a
couple minutes to create. In fact, it would have taken less time to
make than it took you to type your last post.

You lose, Mike...because you're a loser.

Noodles Jefferson

Dec 6, 2005, 12:08:26 AM12/6/05
In article <7o2ap1d1t8jfrdtin...@4ax.com>, Onideus Mad
Hatter took the hamburger, threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh wow"...

> >> LOL, people don't PAY to see what you're capable of...
>
> >You really don't have very good clients, do you.
>
> My last job (a stand alone Flash presentation) was featured at the
> White House Conference on Cooperative Conservation...
> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/envirojobby.png

Um, your little flash envirojooby thing isn't anywhere on there. No
mention of it anywhere either.

http://conservation.ceq.gov/index.html

So, post proof.

> You can't even DREAM of getting clients on MY level, Sweetheart.

That would be what, the non-existant level?

You're right. I don't dream about that.

This reads like a homework assignment.

--
Noodles Jefferson
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30

"Our earth is degenerate in these latter days, bribery and corruption
are common, children no longer obey their parents and the end of the
world is evidently approaching."
--Assyrian clay tablet 2800 B.C.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 6, 2005, 12:33:15 AM12/6/05
On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 23:08:26 -0600, Noodles Jefferson
<silve...@tacoshells.com> wrote:

>> My last job (a stand alone Flash presentation) was featured at the
>> White House Conference on Cooperative Conservation...
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/envirojobby.png

>Um, your little flash envirojooby thing isn't anywhere on there. No
>mention of it anywhere either.
>
>http://conservation.ceq.gov/index.html
>
>So, post proof.

http://conservation.ceq.gov/media/exhibithallandexhibitors.pdf

Guess which one! He, he, he...we can make a game of it! ^_^

>> You can't even DREAM of getting clients on MY level, Sweetheart.

>That would be what, the non-existant level?

I'm not on your level, Poser Boi.

>You're right. I don't dream about that.

Yeah, your non-existent level is your reality.

>> Hell, I'll even give you my methodology:
>>
>> Create a gradient, color filled structure. Bevel the outer edges and
>> apply an inner shadow. Replicate the layer and apply a vertical
>> distortion filter and resize the layer down. Pull the image section
>> to the bottom of the structure, apply a gaussian blur then lower the
>> layer transparency and set the layer blend mode to dodge. Make
>> another duplicate of the first layer, reduce the size, move it to the
>> top of the structure, remove the contents and color fill the selection
>> with a white horizontal linear faded gradient, set the layer blend
>> mode to luminance, lower the layer opacity and then apply a gaussian
>> blur to the layer.

>This reads like a homework assignment.

Yeesh, I'd hope not. Is that really how they're writing text books
these days? I was completely vague in my methodology, I didn't even
give any precise numbers, like I did on this one I made:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/transtext.png

Now that reads like a textbook!

Oh hey, do you think I should? Write a text book I mean.
Hrmmm...might be fun.

Noodles Jefferson

Dec 6, 2005, 2:32:56 AM12/6/05
In article <t98ap1l8tml4sn5vj...@4ax.com>, Onideus Mad
Hatter took the hamburger, threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh wow"...

> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 23:08:26 -0600, Noodles Jefferson

> <silve...@tacoshells.com> wrote:
>
> >> My last job (a stand alone Flash presentation) was featured at the
> >> White House Conference on Cooperative Conservation...
> >> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/envirojobby.png
>
> >Um, your little flash envirojooby thing isn't anywhere on there. No
> >mention of it anywhere either.
> >
> >http://conservation.ceq.gov/index.html
> >
> >So, post proof.
>
> http://conservation.ceq.gov/media/exhibithallandexhibitors.pdf
>
> Guess which one! He, he, he...we can make a game of it! ^_^

Dude, no offense, but this is waaaaay out of your league. Way too high
powered to be dealing with the Care Bear Boy from Backwater Productions.

Just give this one up right now. It's sooooooo not happening.

> >> You can't even DREAM of getting clients on MY level, Sweetheart.
>
> >That would be what, the non-existant level?
>
> I'm not on your level, Poser Boi.

God damn right you're not. You do the same thing everytime under the
same philosophy and you never learn from any of it. Ever. Shut the fuck
up and learn something. Please. For the love of all that's fucking tasty
and good, stop trying to pretend like you know anything.

It's like the star trek where the enterprise gets blown up a bazillion
times because it's stuck in the time warp and can't get out. Only it
lasts much longer because it's usenet. Still pretty funny sometimes.
Best entertainment I'm gonna get for 6 bucks a month anyway.

> >You're right. I don't dream about that.
>
> Yeah, your non-existent level is your reality.

Heh. Keep talking the shit mang. Hey, don't give your bullshit about
level because here's what I know and have done.

I haven't made anything less than an AB since I started school. This
semester's looking the same. Barring a major disater I won't get
anything less than an AB. I'm probably looking at straight A's for the
semster but I'm trying to keep myself humble. In my first semester, I
was 5 points away from having a perfect score in one of my classes. I
was on academic suspension and I got it lifted a semster early. I asked
them to, they didn't just do it or anything. It was pretty funny though.
Academic advisor guy took a look at my grades, and his eyes fucking
bugged. It took less than like 15 minutes and he said wow like 4 times.

I taught myself how to read at 4. Level. Blow me. That's your fucking
level. I make 2200 dollars a year fucking *learning* at my school, not
including my job at school. I took the work study. It's worth it.
Doesn't pay very well but it beats McDonald's by a long country mile.
More if consider the value of the education itself. It's hard. It's made
me cry before but I'm getting stronger everyday. By the time I'm done
with school, probably sooner, you'll be a little dot behind me.

You know what dude, I'm in contact with people everyday that can just
school me at web design. My java teacher's going for a legitimate
master's in something or other. He talked about it in class. And they're
teaching me all sorts of shit. The projects are fucking hard and
detailed. We're given a spec sheet and it has to meet that standard or
we get dusted on points. There's style rules, there's syntax rules,
there's about a bazillion fucking hoops you have to jump through to get
there. I'll probably hit the UW next once I get my associates in this.
The thing that sucks about that is my credits won't transfer and I'll
have to take a bunch of stuff over again. I think few UW system schools
will transfer the credits but they're far away and not practical. I'd
have to move there and I can't do that.

> >> Hell, I'll even give you my methodology:
> >>
> >> Create a gradient, color filled structure. Bevel the outer edges and
> >> apply an inner shadow. Replicate the layer and apply a vertical
> >> distortion filter and resize the layer down. Pull the image section
> >> to the bottom of the structure, apply a gaussian blur then lower the
> >> layer transparency and set the layer blend mode to dodge. Make
> >> another duplicate of the first layer, reduce the size, move it to the
> >> top of the structure, remove the contents and color fill the selection
> >> with a white horizontal linear faded gradient, set the layer blend
> >> mode to luminance, lower the layer opacity and then apply a gaussian
> >> blur to the layer.
>
> >This reads like a homework assignment.
>
> Yeesh, I'd hope not.

That's exactly what it sounds like.

> Is that really how they're writing text books
> these days? I was completely vague in my methodology, I didn't even
> give any precise numbers, like I did on this one I made:
> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/transtext.png
>
> Now that reads like a textbook!

I didn't say 'textbook', dumbfuck. I said 'assignment'.

> Oh hey, do you think I should? Write a text book I mean.
> Hrmmm...might be fun.

Do it. That'd be fucking awesome.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 6, 2005, 3:38:27 AM12/6/05
On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 01:32:56 -0600, Noodles Jefferson
<silve...@tacoshells.com> wrote:

>> http://conservation.ceq.gov/media/exhibithallandexhibitors.pdf
>>
>> Guess which one! He, he, he...we can make a game of it! ^_^

>Dude, no offense, but this is waaaaay out of your league. Way too high
>powered to be dealing with the Care Bear Boy from Backwater Productions.
>
>Just give this one up right now. It's sooooooo not happening.

*snicker*

Come on, Noodle Dick, it's no fun if you don't play the game. Come
on, take a guess.

If you make a really big stink in your pants about it I might go ahead
and put it up (with blurred sections).

I have a lot of <strike>obsessed pathetics</strike> fans who like to
try shit like this:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.graphics/msg/b5cba3b29e5bf94f

Which is why I don't normally make a big habit of going around
advertising who my clients are, I don't see much point in giving
deficients like Lorem the opportunity to try and attack my clients
because they can't get to me. With Steve it's not a problem cause
Steve is a real cool guy, who thinks all lot of this Usenet melodrama
stuff is kinda fun. But with most of my clients, especially the
higher end ones, I feel the need to protect them from FREAKS on
Usenet.

>> >That would be what, the non-existant level?

>> I'm not on your level, Poser Boi.

>God damn right you're not.

...um...you DO realize you just auto-flamed yourself, right?

>You do the same thing everytime under the
>same philosophy and you never learn from any of it.

...I rarely ever do the same thing, Kiddo. Unless you're referring to
your iframe obsession again, but like I'm tried to hammer into you
COUNTLESS times, that's merely a preferred base layout. There are two
main "professional" type layouts Noodles, the first is to have a
"portal" centered in the middle of the screen (which is what I prefer)
and the other is horizontally centered content, that starts from the
very top and may or may not have scrolling...and if it does you can
tell the level of skill by whether or not the navigation controls stay
on the screen whilst scrolling. In other words if you scroll down and
suddenly the navigation is gone...yeah, bad designer.

Coincidentally, the later is actually used FAR more often than the
"portal" style (often because it's easier), so again, I don't see why
you're so obsessed with it.

>Shut the fuck up and learn something.
>Please. For the love of all that's fucking tasty
>and good, stop trying to pretend like you know anything.

Noodle Head, you REALLY should spend less time repeating yourself and
more time workin on yer nonexistent skillz. You've only come up with
ONE site in the past, what...oh yeah, EVER. o_O

Come on d00d, you need to practice, go find a community, strip mine it
for material, creating a bad ass site for it and then take the whole
thing over...that's what the CB site of mine is...practice.

>Heh. Keep talking the shit mang. Hey, don't give your bullshit about
>level because here's what I know and have done.
>
>I haven't made anything less than an AB since I started school.

Look, Noodles...I'm only gonna say this one more time...school doesn't
count, okay? You're at school to get a magic piece of paper to
convince some corporate know nothing that you're at least remotely
qualified for the position. Hell, most jobs in the industry, you
can't even get in the fuckin DOOR without a BA degree...and it doesn't
matter how good you are. You could be the Jesus raping PICASSO of web
design and yer not gonna get a job unless you have a degree or you're
the luckiest son of a bitch in existence.

The bottom line is YOU NEED TO PRACTICE...and you need to do it NOW
while you're IN school. Cause when you GET OUT of school...yer gonna
wanna have a portfolio ready to go.

> I'm probably looking at straight A's for the
>semster but I'm trying to keep myself humble.

Kid, employers don't CARE what GRADES you got. They just wanna know
whether you have the degree or not, if you do, you get an interview,
if you don't, you don't get an interview...unless you bombard them
with examples and go out of your way to convince them that you're
capable of doing the job...but even then sometimes they won't hire you
because they don't want to "rock the boat", since everyone else there
will have a degree and they'll get all pissy and indignant if you're
suddenly there makin the same wage they are without one...it's
politics kid, it's how the business world works.

>In my first semester, I
>was 5 points away from having a perfect score in one of my classes.

You should be aiming for Bs and spending the spare time you save
practicing your art and developing your techniques (applies to
anything, even web coding)

>I taught myself how to read at 4. Level. Blow me.

Reading is not the same as comprehending...and considering how much of
my posts you often like to ignore, like the shit you keep retarding on
about with the iframe...yeah, I'd say comprehension isn't something
yer too good with.

>That's your fucking
>level. I make 2200 dollars a year fucking *learning* at my school, not
>including my job at school.

Is that all? It's too bad you don't know computer repair, you could
be making a LOT more. When I was working on my AA degree I was
pulling in about a $1,000 a month building people computers and fixing
their old computers.

> I took the work study. It's worth it.
>Doesn't pay very well but it beats McDonald's by a long country mile.

In some states work study equals an automatic food stamp card, which
is a real good deal. Like I'm going to be starting work on my BA
degree this spring at SOU and if I do work study and meet the min
income requirements (making $1200 or less a month) I can get a $150 a
month food stamp debit card, pretty sweet deal. So when I'm in school
I can be making $1200 a month, get $150 a month in food stamps, plus
the usual federal grant money...fuck, college pretty much pays for
itself...especially if you have the smarts to buy your books proper on
like Amazon.com.

One neat trick with books, find out which classes and which
instructors will let you use an earlier edition of the book, often
times while say the 9th edition is $300 the 8th edition will be like
$5...no, really, check it out sometime, I'm really not exaggerating.

Every quarter I was in school working on my AA degree, I actually MADE
MONEY off my books at the end of the quarter, reselling them on campus
after I bought them off Amazon.com

There's a lot of other tricks too that you can use to kind of "work
the system" to your advantage...hrmmm...maybe I should write a book
about that too.

>More if consider the value of the education itself. It's hard. It's made
>me cry before but I'm getting stronger everyday. By the time I'm done
>with school, probably sooner, you'll be a little dot behind me.

You're kidding yourself. Why you're doing mediocre busy work
assignments I'm spending an incredible amount of time building my
skill level. Why the hell do you think I'm taking near a whole year
off before starting work on my BA degree? It's chit like this:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/glass.png
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/horrible-tedium.png

Practice, practice, practice...if you have the discipline you can
increase your skill level at an exponential rate, especially if you
use the hate ridden, vengeful stupidity of complete strangers in
random Usenet froups to overly critique your work and then use that
completely unrealistic view as your base line. `, )

>The projects are fucking hard and
>detailed. We're given a spec sheet and it has to meet that standard or
>we get dusted on points. There's style rules, there's syntax rules,
>there's about a bazillion fucking hoops you have to jump through to get
>there.

I'm familiar with that kind of crap, Kiddo, I already have an AA
degree. It was never anything more than child's play for me. I found
the specific standards to be akin with training wheels, they actually
made it even EASIER to complete assignments because they told you
specifically what they wanted, it's was like crossing off a grocery
list. LOL

To me, "hard" would be dropping me off at the grocery store and being
told: "Find all the ingredients to make a cheese souffle." under the
prerequisite that I would have never actually made a cheese souffle in
my life...of course, I'd probably call it more fun than hard, but
that's just my nature...I love a challenge.

>> >This reads like a homework assignment.

>> Yeesh, I'd hope not.

>That's exactly what it sounds like.

You must have pretty easy assignments then. Hard would be how I made
this:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png

I had NOTHING to work from but a single flat image:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/neat.png

Just imagine how much you'd be struggling if your assignments were all
like that. ^_^

>> Is that really how they're writing text books
>> these days? I was completely vague in my methodology, I didn't even
>> give any precise numbers, like I did on this one I made:
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/transtext.png
>>
>> Now that reads like a textbook!

>I didn't say 'textbook', dumbfuck. I said 'assignment'.

...is there a difference?

>> Oh hey, do you think I should? Write a text book I mean.
>> Hrmmm...might be fun.

>Do it. That'd be fucking awesome.

Eh...maybe at some point...I need to finish that CB story though first
(up to chapter 13 now, only 1 thru 4 has been properly copy edited
though at this point)...the next time I start writing a book though
I'm not gonna use a preexisting base...you don't even want to know how
much the AGC wants out of any profit I make. I got in a pretty heated
debate with them over it, but they hold the base rights, so I don't
have much choice unless I just want to give it away for free.

Sandman

Dec 6, 2005, 4:36:36 AM12/6/05
In article <sc77p118090uf12fs...@4ax.com>,
Onideus Mad Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

> >> "Not-so-very-good" eh? Oh, so I guess YOU can do better, huh?
>
> >Please - a handicapped monkey can do everything better than you.
>
> So you're saying a handicapped monkey can do everything better than
> you, huh? I mean, you can't even replicate this:
> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png
>
> If a handicapped monkey could do it...why can't you?

Why would I want to replicate your ugly graphics? Slapping together a mp3
player UI is done in a couple of minutes, and it would look a lot better than
yours.

> >> ANYONE can do it...er uh...just not you apparently...or anyone else
> >> for that matter.
>
> >Keep telling yourself that.
>
> ...why would I need to tell myself that? I mean, you haven't posted
> your rendition of it, duh uh...yer a lil slow, huh?
>
> 10 to 1 says Sandypants is desperately Googling for some kind of Mac
> addict tutorial on how to do it...LOL...

You could really use a tutorial, though.

> >> ...DUM, DUM, DUM...wanna argue with Wiki some more? I think it likes
> >> bitch slapping you! ^_^
>
> >You're roadkill in that thread, Einstein.
>
> Hey you're the one arguing against Wiki, Kiddo.

How could I? Wiki agreed with me and showed just how deep your ignorance runs.

> >> Projecting again? Let's see some examples of YOUR work...oh, you
> >> don't have any...oh well you have this:
> >> http://www.sandman.net/

> >> ROTFLMAO... `, D
> >>
> >> Boy the sad just never stops with you, does it?
>
> >I am the author of the Atlas Content Management System, Einstein.
>
> Your name is Jonas Eklundh is it?

Of course.

> >Damn, it must be hurting badly to be as humiliated as you've been here. And
> >it's so damn easy to humiliate you as well. No sport at all.
>
> Is the part where you start coming up with lame excuses to try and run
> away? `, )

*yawn*

--
Sandman[.net]

Edwin, on protecting against malware:
"I use Avast AV, the Yahoo anti-spy toolbar, the MS anti-spy software,
Windows SP2 with its firewall, AdAware, Spybot Search and Destroy, and
SpywareBlaster."

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 6, 2005, 4:47:50 AM12/6/05
On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 10:36:36 +0100, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

>> So you're saying a handicapped monkey can do everything better than
>> you, huh? I mean, you can't even replicate this:
>> http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png
>>
>> If a handicapped monkey could do it...why can't you?

>Why would I want to replicate your ugly graphics?

Oh, what a LOVELY backpedal, Monkey Boi. WOW, you must spent a LOT of
time coming up with THAT one...LOL...

>Slapping together a mp3 player UI is done in a couple of minutes, and it would look a lot better than
>yours.

So you keep SAYING, but you can't seem to actually DO it...are you
having trouble dealing with the difference between SAYING and DOING?

ROTFL...man 'o man, the really sad part is you don't even comprehend
how much of an ass you're making of yourself.

>> ...why would I need to tell myself that? I mean, you haven't posted
>> your rendition of it, duh uh...yer a lil slow, huh?
>>
>> 10 to 1 says Sandypants is desperately Googling for some kind of Mac
>> addict tutorial on how to do it...LOL...

>You could really use a tutorial, though.

Just keep TALKING kiddo, the more you do that, the better you make me
look. ^_^

>> >You're roadkill in that thread, Einstein.

>> Hey you're the one arguing against Wiki, Kiddo.

>How could I? Wiki agreed with me and showed just how deep your ignorance runs.

Does Microsoft agree with you too, Delusion Boi?
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/are-u-slow.png

Spit in one hand, dream in the other, tell me which hand has got more
pixels in it.

>> Your name is Jonas Eklundh is it?

>Of course.

...did your parents hate you or something?

>> >Damn, it must be hurting badly to be as humiliated as you've been here. And
>> >it's so damn easy to humiliate you as well. No sport at all.

>> Is the part where you start coming up with lame excuses to try and run
>> away? `, )

>*yawn*

DING, DING, DING!

Oh, we have a winner!

I'm not sure which is funnier, the fact that you're an idiot who
actually thinks he's right, or the fact that you act like a soulless
clockwork puppet obeying my every command.

Sandman

Dec 6, 2005, 5:00:09 AM12/6/05
In article <m8nap1pm7dimpf5ro...@4ax.com>,

Onideus Mad Hatter <use...@backwater-productions.net> wrote:

>> Slapping together a mp3 player UI is done in a couple of minutes, and
>> it would look a lot better than yours.
>
> So you keep SAYING, but you can't seem to actually DO it...are you
> having trouble dealing with the difference between SAYING and DOING?

http://www.sandman.net/files/madhatter.jpg

The first is the glossy one, and the one below is the good looking one. Both
looks way better than your amateur shit.

I did this since my last post. How long have you been working on yours?

I'd create a tutorial for you, but you wouldn't be able to understand it.

--
Sandman[.net]

"As far as my decision to use the PC goes, that
went according to my pocketbook"
- Edwin, too poor to afford a Mac.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 6, 2005, 5:21:35 AM12/6/05
On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:00:09 +0100, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

>>> Slapping together a mp3 player UI is done in a couple of minutes, and
>>> it would look a lot better than yours.

>> So you keep SAYING, but you can't seem to actually DO it...are you
>> having trouble dealing with the difference between SAYING and DOING?

>http://www.sandman.net/files/madhatter.jpg

WOW, and it only took you TWO DAYS! *snicker*

>The first is the glossy one, and the one below is the good looking one. Both
>looks way better than your amateur shit.

Actually yours look like crap. You beveling job is like nonexistent,
your glass effect, if you can even call it that, is just a two color
gradient with a splotch half fade over the top (what lame tutorial did
you pick that up from), the only part that looks good at all is the
middle one's screen...and even it could use some work.

>I did this since my last post.

Yeah, SURE ya did.

>How long have you been working on yours?

Hey stupid, do you suppose no one noticed the fact that you spent TWO
DAYS backpedalling on about how you were 'too good' to make such an
image...and then suddenly, seemingly out of the blue, you change your
mind about all that? LOL

>I'd create a tutorial for you, b<COCK SLAP>

Create a tutorial? D00d, what would stop you from just parroting the
one you already ripped off? BWAHAHAHAHAHA! `, D

Sandman

Dec 6, 2005, 5:31:10 AM12/6/05
In article <d5pap158j46vhdh4t...@4ax.com>,

> >> So you keep SAYING, but you can't seem to actually DO it...are you
> >> having trouble dealing with the difference between SAYING and DOING?
>
> >http://www.sandman.net/files/madhatter.jpg
> >

> >The first is the glossy one, and the one below is the good looking one. Both
> >looks way better than your amateur shit.
>
> Actually yours look like crap.

Nopes. Sorry to humiliate you so much.

--
Sandman[.net]

"Apple beat Wintel to market with 64 bit personal computers"
- Edwin

Onideus Mad Hatter

Dec 6, 2005, 5:57:39 AM12/6/05
On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:31:10 +0100, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

>> >http://www.sandman.net/files/madhatter.jpg
>> >
>> >The first is the glossy one, and the one below is the good looking one. Both
>> >looks way better than your amateur shit.

>> Actually yours look like crap.

>Nopes. Sorry to humiliate you so much.

Let's take a vote!

Okay everybody, which would you rather have as an MP3
player...something that looks like this:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/mine3.png

Or something that looks like this:
http://www.sandman.net/files/madhatter.jpg

*Hatter gives himself a handicap by posting in a bunch of froups that
hate his fucking guts.*

^_^

It is loading more messages.