News about Nena

1 view

Nena's Friend

Aug 13, 2007, 11:02:09 PM8/13/07
Nena had her surgery on July 18 but she never left the hospital. She
passed away as a result of complications on August 2.

KIV11

Aug 14, 2007, 9:38:43 AM8/14/07
On Aug 13, 11:02?pm, Nena's Friend <NenasFri...@home.net> wrote:
> Nena had her surgery on July 18 but she never left the hospital. She
> passed away as a result of complications on August 2.

Please advise where we can send a condolence card. I would like to
make a contribution to the Brotherhood Fund in her memory.

Nena's Friend

Aug 14, 2007, 8:11:14 PM8/14/07
Please send a card to:

Artur Mroz
C/O Martens Warman Funeral Home
402 Central Street
Warman SK S0K 4S0
Canada

Thank you.

KIV11

Aug 15, 2007, 8:35:23 AM8/15/07
On Aug 14, 8:11?pm, Nena's Friend <NenasFri...@home.net> wrote:
> Please send a card to:
>
> Artur Mroz
> C/O Martens Warman Funeral Home
> 402 Central Street
> Warman SK S0K 4S0
> Canada
>
> Thank you.

Please advise, what was Nina's last name, so that I can address card?

Nena's Friend

Aug 16, 2007, 9:23:16 PM8/16/07
You may address it to Marta. That's how she was known to her friends.

KIV11

Aug 17, 2007, 9:23:26 AM8/17/07
On Aug 16, 9:23?pm, Nena's Friend <NenasFri...@home.net> wrote:
> You may address it to Marta. That's how she was known to her friends.

Are you telling me that Marta and Nena were the same person? What a
surprise!

BrG...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2007, 10:36:13 AM8/17/07
On Aug 16, 6:23 pm, Nena's Friend <NenasFri...@home.net> wrote:
> > Please advise, what was Nina's last name, so that I can address card?-

> You may address it to Marta. That's how she was known to her friends.

Ok, so what was Marta's last name?
--
|O| Be well. Travel with a light heart. - Goldman 3:16

Brother Gene .*.
past Master of two (2) Black Lodges
Blackmer #442 and Black Mountain #845
H.M.S.H.
Q.P.H.D.
Roaming Drone, Educated and Programmed by Degrees
Regular 1,765 degree Mason
Chief Intellectually Lazy, Cynical, Sarcastic, Smarmy, Defensive,
Ignorant-Heckling and Bad-Attituded Nitwit
Named member of the Bennie-Goldman Jive-Talk Team
Past and Current Great Master in Manipulation
Machiavellian Prince
The Master Of Greatest Machinations
Apparition Who Still Rattles Around The Inside Of Freemasonry
First Official Recipient of the Order of the Fish Taco
Most Wonderful Grand High Exalted Imperial Omnipotent Mystic Regal
Stomper, and Wearer of the Official Purple Underwear
http://www.blackmountainlodge.net
Hyram Award 2004
http://www.freemason.org
http://mastermason.com/BrotherGene
http://www.mastermason.com/BrotherGene/frequently_asked_questions.htm
MBBFMN #387
ICQ #503060
************************************
"Are you guys ready? Let's Roll!!"
Todd Beamer, Flight 93
************************************

"In theory, Communism works! - Russian saying.

Remember: Your Masonry may be different from someone else's.
Internet newsgroup posting. Copyright 2007. All rights reserved.

Any Mason may use the contents for any valid Masonic purpose,
permission may be granted to others upon request.

Doesn't everyone love rhetorical questions?
Objects in this post are funnier than they appear
Be seeing you

And in case I don't see ya' - Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good
Night!

KIV11

Aug 17, 2007, 11:09:20 AM8/17/07
On Aug 16, 9:23?pm, Nena's Friend <NenasFri...@home.net> wrote:
> You may address it to Marta. That's how she was known to her friends.

Wait a minute, Nena told us that her good friend Marta passed away
about a year ago. In fact, there were several requests for copies of
Marta's obituary, which was never supplied.

Now, you arrive and tell us that Nena is deceased and that Nena was
really Marta. So how do we know that you, Nena's friend, aren't both
Nena and Marta?

Tom Accuosti

Aug 17, 2007, 4:00:57 PM8/17/07

Gosh, George, that would be cynical.

Here are the headers from Nena's Friend:

From: Nena's Friend <NenasFri...@home.net>
Newsgroups: alt.freemasonry
Subject: Re: News about Nena
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 00:11:14 GMT
From: Nena <N...@home.net>
Newsgroups: alt.freemasonry
Subject: Re: I am still alive
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:14:32 GMT
neighbors, and not the same person at all.-- Tom
Accuostihttp://masonictao.blogspot.comExalted Keeper of the Secrets of
MasonariansimGrand Sovereign Pontiff and Secret ExposuerAmbassador to
Zeta-ReticulaCrop Circle Planning & Zoning CommissionerAluminum Foil Beanie
Fitting and Training ConsultantTeam Osiris Obelisk Siting and
SurveyingManager, Dulces/Denver Airport Massage & Day SpaCydonia Vacation
Resort ConciergeP.M., Friendship #33.3 AM&FMArea 51, Atlantis

BrG...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2007, 4:18:23 PM8/17/07

Yea, George. Like Tom said, don't be so cynical. Marta died, without
an obituary or any sort of notice anywhere. We know it's true because
Nena told us that it happened.
Gee, now Nena is dead, and Nena's friend is so distraught and here you
are casting doubt on his veracity.

Tom Accuosti

Aug 19, 2007, 12:14:30 AM8/19/07

<BrG...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Aug 17, 8:09 am, KIV11 <KI...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Aug 16, 9:23?pm, Nena's Friend <NenasFri...@home.net> wrote:
>>
>> > You may address it to Marta. That's how she was known to her friends.
>>
>> Wait a minute, Nena told us that her good friend Marta passed away
>> about a year ago. In fact, there were several requests for copies of
>> Marta's obituary, which was never supplied.
>>
>> Now, you arrive and tell us that Nena is deceased and that Nena was
>> really Marta. So how do we know that you, Nena's friend, aren't both
>> Nena and Marta?
>
> Yea, George. Like Tom said, don't be so cynical. Marta died, without
> an obituary or any sort of notice anywhere. We know it's true because
> Nena told us that it happened.

Right. If you can't trust anonymous strangers on the internet who seem to be
posting from the same computer as not one, but *two* deceased doctors, then
who can you trust?

> Gee, now Nena is dead, and Nena's friend is so distraught and here you
> are casting doubt on his veracity.

I had some things cast on my veracity once. The doctor gave me some pills
and it took weeks to clear up.

--
Tom Accuosti
http://masonictao.blogspot.com

KIV11

Aug 19, 2007, 11:26:32 AM8/19/07
On Aug 19, 12:14?am, "Tom Accuosti" >

> >> Wait a minute, Nena told us that her good friend Marta passed
> >> away about a year ago. In fact, there were several requests for
> >> copies of Marta's obituary, which was never supplied.
>
> >> Now, you arrive and tell us that Nena is deceased and that Nena > >> was really Marta. So how do we know that you, Nena's friend,
> >> aren't both Nena and Marta?
>
> > Yea, George. Like Tom said, don't be so cynical. Marta died,
> > without an obituary or any sort of notice anywhere. We know it's
> > true because Nena told us that it happened.
>
> Right. If you can't trust anonymous strangers on the internet who
> seem to be posting from the same computer as not one, but *two*
> deceased doctors, then who can you trust?
>
> > Gee, now Nena is dead, and Nena's friend is so distraught and
> > here you are casting doubt on his veracity.

I guess where it says "In Memory of" on the card I'll put; "Marta/Nena/
Nena's Friend, etal", that should cover most of the bases. Now, how
can I be sure that they guy at the funeral home will get the card to
the correct family?

Jim Bennie

Aug 19, 2007, 6:38:54 PM8/19/07
"KIV11" <KI...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Aug 16, 9:23?pm, Nena's Friend <NenasFri...@home.net> wrote:
>> You may address it to Marta. That's how she was known to her friends.
> Now, you arrive and tell us that Nena is deceased and that Nena was
> really Marta. So how do we know that you, Nena's friend, aren't both
> Nena and Marta?

Is she still playing the sickness/death card to try to get anyone to give
her the attention she craves?

Isn't it about time for the Mickey/Soapy card again? Or another attempt at
using the old "mysterious stranger/phone calls" card to get noticed?

[insert line about not playing with a full deck here]

Jim Bennie
BC & Yukon

Nena's Friend

Aug 21, 2007, 12:05:59 AM8/21/07
The header is the same because this is Marta's computer. There is an
abutuary (for those who actually look) available in the StarPhoenix.

This is the last post to this group.

BrG...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2007, 10:07:47 AM8/21/07
On Aug 20, 9:05 pm, Nena's Friend <NenasFri...@home.net> wrote:
> The header is the same because this is Marta's computer. There is an
> abutuary (for those who actually look) available in the StarPhoenix.
>
> This is the last post to this group.

Well, sir, thank you for filling us in.

Hear that everyone? Nina has passed on and her friend is finished
posting here.
Personally, I'll continue my respiratory functions unabated.

KIV11

Aug 21, 2007, 10:40:24 AM8/21/07
On Aug 21, 12:05?am, Nena's Friend <NenasFri...@home.net> wrote:
> The header is the same because this is Marta's computer. There is an
> abutuary (for those who actually look) available in the StarPhoenix.
>
> This is the last post to this group.

Not to belabor the point, but in order to look up an obituary, you
need a first and last name. You have not supplied that information and
since you will no longer post to this group, it looks like we'll never
get the information. Thanks for nothing.

Larry The Mason from Holbrook

Aug 21, 2007, 3:03:09 PM8/21/07
On Aug 21, 7:07 am, "BrG...@gmail.com" <BrG...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 9:05 pm, Nena's Friend <NenasFri...@home.net> wrote:
>
> > The header is the same because this is Marta's computer. There is an
> > abutuary (for those who actually look) available in the StarPhoenix.
>
> > This is the last post to this group.
>
> Well, sir, thank you for filling us in.
>
> Hear that everyone? Nina has passed on and her friend is finished
> posting here.
> Personally, I'll continue my respiratory functions unabated.

I wonder why, if she is known to her friends as Marta, Nena's Friend
chose that particular nym.

I'm also curious what new nym will be chosen.

BrG...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2007, 3:39:23 PM8/21/07
On Aug 21, 12:03 pm, Larry The Mason from Holbrook
<larry.the.mason.from.holbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder why, if she is known to her friends as Marta, Nena's Friend
> chose that particular nym.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

> I'm also curious what new nym will be chosen.

(S)he hasn't tried Irving yet...

Larry The Mason from Holbrook

Aug 21, 2007, 3:46:59 PM8/21/07

I had a free moment, and searched their obits. For all obits
published between 8/2 and 8/13, only one seems to fit:

MROZ -Marta born in Poland on January 1, 1942 passed away peacefully
with her son at her side at Royal University Hospital on Thursday,
August 2, 2007 due to complications after surgery. She is sorely
missed by her friends and family. An informal memorial gathering will
be held on Wednesday, August 8, 2007 at 7:00 p.m. at 1223 Main Street.
Funeral arrangements C/O Martens Warman Funeral Home (306) 934-4888

The things that fit are that she died on 8/2 and that arrangements
were made at Martens Warman. Also of note is that our Marta did say
she was from Poland.

The things that don't fit are that our Marta told us her son died,
IIRC, and Nena's Friend's post suggests her real name is Nena and not
Marta.

There were other obits for 8/2, but they all referred to other funeral
homes. There were no mentions of the name Nena.

Now, since our Marta is somewhat known for various attempts at
deception, it is entirely possible that she submitted the obit herself
to help substantiate her tall tales. However, the Nena's Friend
entity does not seem to be just another nym change.

Time, I suppose, will tell.

Alex Fisher

Aug 21, 2007, 4:04:51 PM8/21/07

Tom Accuosti

Aug 21, 2007, 4:06:32 PM8/21/07
Larry The Mason from Holbrook wrote:

What? Are you suggesting that somebody has been lying?

Come on, Larry! If you can't trust anonymous, antagonistic strangers on the
internet, then who *can* you trust?

Larry the Mason from Holbrook

Aug 21, 2007, 10:32:25 PM8/21/07
Alex Fisher wrote:
> Nena, IIRC, is a Polish/Slavic term meaning something like the
> English "Nana", or "Granny".

Thanks!

> Also, most newspapers require a copy of the
> death certificate, and in Australia at least will only accept obituary
> notices from the funeral director. I would say this is genuine.

I didn't go so far as to test this on the newspaper's site, but it
initially did not appear to be that restrictive.

I have no reason to disbelieve the claims made by Nena's Friend.

Larry the Mason from Holbrook

Aug 21, 2007, 10:35:54 PM8/21/07
Tom Accuosti wrote:
> What? Are you suggesting that somebody has been lying?

Why, noooo! I would never suggest such a thing. Sadly, because of
Marta's history, there is little need.

> Come on, Larry! If you can't trust anonymous, antagonistic strangers on the
> internet, then who *can* you trust?

You do have a point.

Message has been deleted

Jim Bennie

Aug 23, 2007, 8:49:16 AM8/23/07

> Hear that everyone? Nina has passed on and her friend is finished
> posting here.

Uh huh. And Past Masters never say "We don't do it that way in our Lodge."

Jim Bennie

Aug 23, 2007, 9:34:46 AM8/23/07
"Larry The Mason from Holbrook" <larry.the.maso...@gmail.com>
wrote in message

> born in Poland on January 1, 1942

That's a long way from September.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.freemasonry/msg/b7fd8b6210751211?dmode=source

KIV11

Aug 23, 2007, 9:42:20 AM8/23/07
On Aug 23, 9:34?am, "Jim Bennie" <jg.stopspam.ben...@vcn.bc.ca> wrote:
> "Larry The Mason from Holbrook" <larry.the.mason.from.holbr...@gmail.com>
> wrote in messagenews:1187725619....@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

> > born in Poland on January 1, 1942
>
> That's a long way from September.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.freemasonry/msg/b7fd8b6210751211?d...

Do you think that maybe 'Marta/Nena/Nena's friend/beaverfolk, etal'
just waited until he/she found a convenient obit and started this new
thread? I guess only time will tell.

Tom Accuosti

Aug 23, 2007, 11:51:46 AM8/23/07

When you have multiple personality disorder, you've got the opportunity for
a lot more birthdays.