3 HOURS OF KLIF-RADIO FOOTAGE FROM NOVEMBER 22, 1963

David Von Pein

Apr 26, 2010, 7:28:07 AM4/26/10

NEW AUDIO/VIDEO SERIES:

I've expanded my KLIF-Radio series from 1 to 3 hours (18 total parts):

http://YouTube.com/view_play_list?p=DF122DF63B100E30

-------------------------------------

http://JFK-Assassination-As-It-Happened.blogspot.com

http://YouTube-Playlists.blogspot.com

-------------------------------------

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Apr 28, 2010, 4:45:42 PM4/28/10

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/b1782fa82e3a6ab2

JOHN McADAMS SAID:

>>> "I've gotta say: you're doing a great thing getting all this audio and video footage online. When I get a couple of minutes, I'll add your video page to my "Best of Assassination Web Sites" page. But help me out a bit here: is there a single entry point for the entire collection?" <<<

DAVID VON PEIN ANSWERED:

The best entry point for the whole collection is this one:

http://YouTube-Playlists.blogspot.com

Thanks, .John.

JOHN McADAMS SAID:

>>> "OK, you are here: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/bestof.htm" .... [QUOTING FROM JOHN McADAMS' "BEST OF KENNEDY ASSASSINATION WEB SITES" PAGE:] .... "There is a huge fascination to listening to and viewing the way the assassination was reported in the media, and David Von Pein has assembled an impressive collection of video and audio resources allowing one to do just that. These are invaluable primary sources, often recording the early uncontaminated testimony of witnesses, but also showing some bizarre and often hilarious journalistic blunders. Before Von Pein's stellar archival effort, these were what librarians call "fugitive sources": scattered, hard to find, usually in the hands of private collectors, not catalogued nor documented anywhere. Now they are just a mouse click away from anybody who is interested." <<<

DVP SAID:

Thanks very much, John.

And if you (or anybody) ever hear about some video or audio material
that is available out there in cyberland that I don't currently have
in my collection, perhaps you can let me know about it. I'm always
interested in adding more items to my JFK collection.

My guess is that there is probably a lot of rare assassination-related
footage locked away in the vaults of radio and TV stations worldwide
that has never been aired since 1963.

For example, all of a sudden (in 2008) 40 hours of 11/22/63 and
11/23/63 audio footage from Cincinnati radio station WLW surfaced on
the Internet. I was like a kid in a candy store.

After seeing a post right here at aaj about the WLW stuff, I was
fortunate to be able to contact the author of that post, who was nice
enough to make available to me all forty hours of the WLW files, which
he had put through an audio booster to increase the quality of the
material (making my current copies on my computer and at YouTube even
better-sounding than the originals).

And if a "find" like that (40 hours worth, mind you!) can pop up out
of the blue 45 years after the assassination, it just makes me wonder
what else might be out there somewhere on the back shelves of radio
and television stations -- like, say, WLS and WGN in Chicago, KDKA in
Pittsburgh, WOR in New York, KGO in San Francisco, and hundreds of
other stations around the country which undoubtedly recorded at least
a portion of their JFK-assassination coverage in November 1963.

Anyway, thanks again, .John.

http://YouTube-Playlists.blogspot.com

http://JFK-Assassination-As-It-Happened.blogspot.com

David Von Pein

Apr 29, 2010, 4:02:51 AM4/29/10

SOMEONE AT YOUTUBE SAID:

>>> "Dude, you rock! Are you by any chance a curator at the National Archives in Washington? WHERE IN THE LIVING HELL DO YOU GET THIS STUFF??? What a treat! I had no idea this stuff was available. .... It's not the first time David Von Pein has come up with seemingly impossible pieces of history. Geez, David, you got any film looking over Oswald's shoulder that day? Maybe a scratchy sepia toned kinescope of John Wilkes Booth approaching Lincoln at Ford's Theater?" <<<

DVP SAID:

No, I missed out on that historic footage. But I do have a rare film
showing a mysterious figure who looks a lot like JFK's brother
tiptoeing toward Marilyn Monroe's house on the night of August 5,
1962.

:-)