3 Hours Of KLIF-Radio Footage From 11/22/63

David Von Pein

Apr 26, 2010, 12:24:21 PM4/26/10

NEW AUDIO/VIDEO SERIES:

I've expanded my KLIF-Radio series from 1 to 3 hours (18 total parts):

http://YouTube.com/view_play_list?p=DF122DF63B100E30

-------------------------------------

More JFK Audio & Video:

http://JFK-Assassination-As-It-Happened.blogspot.com

http://YouTube-Playlists.blogspot.com

-------------------------------------

John McAdams

Apr 27, 2010, 12:39:22 AM4/27/10
On 26 Apr 2010 12:24:21 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:

I've gotta say: you're doing a great thing getting all this audio and
video footage online.

When I get a couple of minutes, I'll add your video page to my "Best
of Assassination Web Sites" page.

But help me out a bit here: is there a single entry point for the
entire collection?

.John
--------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

David Von Pein

Apr 27, 2010, 12:18:28 PM4/27/10

>>> "Is there a single entry point for the entire collection?" <<<

The best entry point for the whole collection is this one:

http://YouTube-Playlists.blogspot.com

There's also this blog that I've created specifically for the "as it
happened" assassination coverage:

http://JFK-Assassination-As-It-Happened.blogspot.com

And then there's this additional site I've got for more JFK videos
(it's my "alternative to YouTube" video site; there's lots of good
stuff in here too):

http://Kennedy-Videos.blogspot.com

Thanks, .John.

Message has been deleted

John McAdams

Apr 27, 2010, 1:23:27 PM4/27/10
On 27 Apr 2010 12:18:28 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:

OK, you are here:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/bestof.htm

I should have done this quite a while ago.

.John

--
The Kennedy Assassination Home Page
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

David Von Pein

Apr 28, 2010, 9:46:48 PM4/28/10

>>> "OK, you are here: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/bestof.htm " <<<

Thanks very much, John.

And if you (or anybody) ever hear about some video or audio material that
is available out there in cyberland that I don't currently have in my
collection, perhaps you can let me know about it. I'm always interested in
adding more items to my JFK collection.

My guess is that there is probably a lot of rare assassination-related
footage locked away in the vaults of radio and TV stations worldwide that
has never been aired since 1963.

For example, all of a sudden (in 2008) 40 hours of 11/22/63 and 11/23/63
audio footage from Cincinnati radio station WLW surfaced on the Internet.
I was like a kid in a candy store.

After seeing a post right here at aaj about the WLW stuff, I was fortunate
to be able to contact the author of that post, who was nice enough to make
available to me all forty hours of the WLW files, which he had put through
an audio booster to increase the quality of the material (making my
current copies on my computer and at YouTube even better-sounding than the
originals).

And if a "find" like that (40 hours worth, mind you!) can pop up out of
the blue 45 years after the assassination, it just makes me wonder what
else might be out there somewhere on the back shelves of radio and
television stations -- like, say, WLS and WGN in Chicago, KDKA in
Pittsburgh, WOR in New York, KGO in San Francisco, and hundreds of other
stations around the country which undoubtedly recorded at least a portion
of their JFK-assassination coverage in November 1963.

Anyway, thanks again, .John.

http://YouTube-Playlists.blogspot.com

http://JFK-Assassination-As-It-Happened.blogspot.com

yeuhd

Apr 29, 2010, 12:29:01 AM4/29/10
On Apr 28, 9:46 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> And if a "find" like that (40 hours worth, mind you!) can pop up out of
> the blue 45 years after the assassination, it just makes me wonder what
> else might be out there somewhere on the back shelves of radio and
> television stations -- like, say, WLS and WGN in Chicago, KDKA in
> Pittsburgh, WOR in New York, KGO in San Francisco, and hundreds of other
> stations around the country which undoubtedly recorded at least a portion
> of their JFK-assassination coverage in November 1963.

Not to sound anti-information, but what would radio stations outside
Dallas-Fort Worth, New Orleans, or Washington, D.C. have to offer
other than ripping and reading the wire services?

David Von Pein

Apr 29, 2010, 11:22:38 AM4/29/10

>>> "Not to sound anti-information, but what would radio stations outside Dallas-Fort Worth, New Orleans, or Washington, D.C. have to offer other than ripping and reading the wire services?" <<<

Spoilsport. ;)

David Von Pein

Apr 29, 2010, 11:22:55 AM4/29/10

SOMEONE AT YOUTUBE SAID:

>>> "Dude, you rock! Are you by any chance a curator at the National Archives in Washington? WHERE IN THE LIVING HELL DO YOU GET THIS STUFF??? What a treat! I had no idea this stuff was available. .... It's not the first time David Von Pein has come up with seemingly impossible pieces of history. Geez, David, you got any film looking over Oswald's shoulder that day? Maybe a scratchy sepia toned kinescope of John Wilkes Booth approaching Lincoln at Ford's Theater?" <<<

DVP SAID:

No, I missed out on that historic footage. But I do have a rare film
showing a mysterious figure who looks a lot like JFK's brother
tiptoeing toward Marilyn Monroe's house on the night of August 5,
1962.

:-)

Clubking01

Apr 29, 2010, 7:27:06 PM4/29/10

I will say that while I am a CT'er, I have been extremely interested in
the media coverage of the JFK assassination, specifically from the time of
the original bulletins. Your work is tremendous and a great historical
record of those events.

plo...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2013, 9:09:00 PM11/21/13

plo...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2013, 9:09:28 PM11/21/13
On Monday, April 26, 2010 12:24:21 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
> NEW AUDIO/VIDEO SERIES:
>
> I've expanded my KLIF-Radio series from 1 to 3 hours (18 total parts):
>
> http://YouTube.com/view_play_list?p=DF122DF63B100E30

> More JFK Audio & Video:
>
> http://JFK-Assassination-As-It-Happened.blogspot.com
>
> http://YouTube-Playlists.blogspot.com

Thank you so much for posting this. I am the son of Joe Long and it was
wonderful to share this with my sons. I too went into broadcast news. What
I appreciate is how careful everyone was with their information compared
to now.