OT: louisiana needs National Guard support

ToMh

Aug 31, 2005, 6:18:27 PM8/31/05
Rampant looting and destruction. Too bad 3000 Louisiana National
Guardsmen can only watch from Iraq.

Mark

Aug 31, 2005, 6:25:20 PM8/31/05
If it was up to you they would be sent in without weapons...

All someone needs to do is shoot about a dozen of them and it would
quickly come to an end.

TeGGeR®

Aug 31, 2005, 6:46:12 PM8/31/05
"ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote in

> Rampant looting and destruction. Too bad 3000 Louisiana National
> Guardsmen can only watch from Iraq.

That's what private guns are for, my friend. Does LA have gun control?

--
TeGGeR®

ToMh

Aug 31, 2005, 6:47:08 PM8/31/05

"Mark" <bogusm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> If it was up to you they would be sent in without weapons...

Really, why is that? Because I'm anti Bush I must be a wimp right?
If it was up to me they would be shooting them on sight. I hear that
guns are the main target of the looters.

> All someone needs to do is shoot about a dozen of them and it would
> quickly come to an end.

I wish they would, but why the hell arn't they doing that? The police
are stretched out and under powered. Too bad the National Guard is
tied up in Iraq and unable to help it's home state. Fuckin insane.

ToMh

Aug 31, 2005, 6:51:39 PM8/31/05

"TeGGeR®" <teg...@tegger.c0m> wrote in message

Most people who are getting looted evacuated and arn't there to
defend their property you moron.

TeGGeR®

Aug 31, 2005, 7:09:23 PM8/31/05
"ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote in

> "TeGGeR®" <teg...@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
>> "ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Rampant looting and destruction. Too bad 3000 Louisiana National
>>> Guardsmen can only watch from Iraq.
>>>

>> That's what private guns are for, my friend. Does LA have gun control?
>>

> Most people who are getting looted evacuated and arn't there to
> defend their property you moron.

Ah, you did not say that.

And in calling me a moron, you have actually paid me a compliment. In the
old method of describing mental deficiency, "moron" was at the top of the
list.

Idiot: IQ below 29
Imbecile: IQ between 30-49
Moron: IQ between 50-69

Thank you for your support.

--
TeGGeR®

Message has been deleted

ToMh

Aug 31, 2005, 7:22:00 PM8/31/05

"Scott in Florida" <Jus...@Florida.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:18:27 -0700, "ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote:
>
>>Rampant looting and destruction. Too bad 3000 Louisiana National
>>Guardsmen can only watch from Iraq.
>>

> In case you missed it the National Guard is over in Iraq saving your
> sorry ass from the terrorists....

That's so funny. Scott really believes that BS.

> President Bush is doing an excellent job providing support to all the
> governors.

Like tying up the National Guard in a meaningless
war and not having any available for times
of real crisis.

> Did you happen to catch his speech? Quite the leader.

Quite the idiot. Canned speeches are meaningless.

> Not like the last idgit (who would be biting his lip).

What's an idgit?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

ToMh

Aug 31, 2005, 7:39:43 PM8/31/05

> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:22:00 -0700, "ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote:
>
>>That's so funny. Scott really believes that BS.
>
> Has anyone in your family been killed by a terrorist lately?
>
> I rest my case....

Bush is doing a great job of keeping me safe from Tigers also.

How many citizens died from terrorist attacks during Clintons
term? I'd say by your logic that Clinton did a better job against the
terroists than Bush. But of course that's as dumb of logic as your's.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

ToMh

Aug 31, 2005, 7:54:41 PM8/31/05

"Dbu''" <ntt...@s2-pc.om> wrote in message
> In article <1125526707.92085cd0c2f38c202de979e8ae00a66f@teranews>,

> "ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote:
>
>> Rampant looting and destruction. Too bad 3000 Louisiana National
>> Guardsmen can only watch from Iraq.
>
> There are 100000 in the area waiting to get in, are you following along?

And where are they comming from? Leaving what other states short handed?
Please follow along.

dizzy

Aug 31, 2005, 8:00:44 PM8/31/05
On 31 Aug 2005 23:09:23 GMT, "TeGGeRŽ" <teg...@tegger.c0m> wrote:

>And in calling me a moron, you have actually paid me a compliment. In the
>old method of describing mental deficiency, "moron" was at the top of the
>list.
>
>Idiot: IQ below 29
>Imbecile: IQ between 30-49
>Moron: IQ between 50-69

Cite, please. Can a human even live with a below-29 IQ?

(Note that top-posters don't qualify as "human".)

dh

Aug 31, 2005, 7:56:15 PM8/31/05
"ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote in message

> Rampant looting and destruction. Too bad 3000 Louisiana National
> Guardsmen can only watch from Iraq.

An overlooked aspect of this is that the member of the Louisiana Guard in
Iraq are probably worried sick about their families and are very likely
having trouble reaching them.

Let's suggest the DoD make it a priority to keep these families in touch.

TeGGeR®

Aug 31, 2005, 8:07:52 PM8/31/05
dizzy <di...@nospam.invalid> wrote in

> On 31 Aug 2005 23:09:23 GMT, "TeGGeR®" <teg...@tegger.c0m> wrote:
>
>>And in calling me a moron, you have actually paid me a compliment. In
>>the old method of describing mental deficiency, "moron" was at the top
>>of the list.
>>
>>Idiot: IQ below 29
>>Imbecile: IQ between 30-49
>>Moron: IQ between 50-69
>
> Cite, please. Can a human even live with a below-29 IQ?

You *would* ask...
http://www.fact-index.com/m/me/mental_deficiency.html

Goggle is thy friend, diz.

> (Note that top-posters don't qualify as "human".)

Are they simian or alien?

--
TeGGeR®

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Learning Richard

Aug 31, 2005, 8:14:48 PM8/31/05

Whoa there cowboy. I'm gonna quote you on that one. I wanna make sure
that little jewel is frozen in forever land.

Now look -- would just ONE of you "Conservatives" be man enough to step
forward and call this guy out?

--
Mark, on helping Hurricane Katrina survivors left behind in New Orleans
(Msg ID <1125527120.3...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, google

Learning Richard

Aug 31, 2005, 8:16:13 PM8/31/05

Welcome to 21st century America -- the "Two Americas" that our friend
John Edwards pegged so eloquently.

Message has been deleted

TeGGeR®

Aug 31, 2005, 8:23:44 PM8/31/05
"Learning Richard" <learnin...@gmail.com> wrote in

> ToMh wrote:
>> "TeGGeR®" <teg...@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
>> > "ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote in

>> > That's what private guns are for, my friend. Does LA have gun control?
>> >

>> Most people who are getting looted evacuated and arn't there to
>> defend their property you moron.
>
> Welcome to 21st century America -- the "Two Americas" that our friend
> John Edwards pegged so eloquently.

And we all know where *he* is today...

--
TeGGeR®

dizzy

Aug 31, 2005, 8:27:00 PM8/31/05
"ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote:

>"Mark" <bogusm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> If it was up to you they would be sent in without weapons...
>>
>Really, why is that? Because I'm anti Bush I must be a wimp right?

Yeah, the right-wing retards are constantly making gross errors of
logic like that. Their stupidity is well-documented, yet they deny
it.

>If it was up to me they would be shooting them on sight. I hear that
>guns are the main target of the looters.
>
>> All someone needs to do is shoot about a dozen of them and it would
>> quickly come to an end.
>>
>I wish they would, but why the hell arn't they doing that? The police
>are stretched out and under powered. Too bad the National Guard is
>tied up in Iraq and unable to help it's home state. Fuckin insane.

Another good point.

Mark

Aug 31, 2005, 8:27:14 PM8/31/05
What's the matter Richard, am I offending your tender sensibilities
again? Still seething over someone using your own words to make you
look selfish and foolish?

Here, let me put it in CAPS: LOOTERS SHOULD BE SHOT ON SIGHT

I guess I fail my "sensitivity training" LOL

Learning Richard

Aug 31, 2005, 8:27:42 PM8/31/05

Scott in Florida wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2005 17:16:13 -0700, "Learning Richard"

> <learnin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Welcome to 21st century America -- the "Two Americas" that our friend
> >John Edwards pegged so eloquently.
>

> John Edwards?

I forgot, you're pro Corporate America. You like bending over and
being the bottom rider for Bush.

Learning Richard

Aug 31, 2005, 8:36:42 PM8/31/05

you are a moron.

--
Mark, on helping Hurricane Katrina survivors left behind in New Orleans

(Msg ID <1125527120.320846.215...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, google
http://groups.google.com/group /alt.autos.toyota/msg/4ead0de3
bceee6a5):

Mark

Aug 31, 2005, 8:42:37 PM8/31/05
you are a moron.

===============
That's an improvement.... last week I was a "steaming pile of sh*t",
remember?

LOL

dizzy

Aug 31, 2005, 8:59:13 PM8/31/05
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 00:13:58 GMT, Scott in Florida
<Jus...@Florida.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 00:00:44 GMT, dizzy <di...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Cite, please. Can a human even live with a below-29 IQ?
>

>You seem to be doing an adequate job of living....sorta...
>
>So I'd say yes....

Way too obvious, Scott. However I should correct myself, and note
that I don't think you're an idiot - just an imbecile.

No Spam

Aug 31, 2005, 9:01:02 PM8/31/05
A few years back, there was a plan for a miltary operation.
There was legislation in a committee that would have raised
87 billion dollars to spend on the military adventure. The
party in power would not even consider letting that legislation
come to the floor for a vote. What came to the floor, and was
passed by the party in power, was to spend the $87b without
raising it. They could just cut it from other parts of the
budget.

The Army Corps of Engineers budget for flood control of the
lower Mississippi was severely cut. Not only were they denied
the money needed to act on the lessons learned from Ivan, they
also had to cancel even the research to analyze the lessons
from Ivan. They were left severely underfunded, in order to
finance a military adventure, clearly and unambiguously based
on lies.

And to make matters worse, the National Guard, whose primary
mission was formerly here at home, was called into overseas
service when the military adventure abroad went horribly wrong.
No exit strategy had ever existed, and homeland troops were
sent to a faraway land, including 3000 National Guardsmen and
Guardwomen from Louisiana, and thousands more from Mississippi
and Alabama.

Now, the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans
are WAITING. Waiting for guardsmen to work rescuing the victims.
Waiting for guardsmen to help the Army Corps of Engineerss to
repair the levees whose upkeep was left unfunded. And waiting
for support to help control the looting, and to supply food
and water, and evacuate the victims. Because the local National
Guard has been decimated by the need to invade a foreign nation
for political lies.

There is absolutely no justification for the perpetrator of this
tragedy to be called a hero for cutting his vacation short, and
flying low over the bodies of the victims, and finding a convenient
excuse to run away from the Gold Star Mothers that he is too cowardly
to face.

Shame, shame, shame, on ANYONE who supports the smirker who left
his own country unprotected so he and his cronies could profit
from foreign oil. The price of gasoline at my local station jumped
$0.28 per gallon in the last 24 hours. And while that profit is
being pumped into the coffers of the American oil sheiks, one of
the most important cities of the homeland is being abandoned.

Shame, shame, shame. NEVER FORGET how the homeland's security
was abandoned for the political and financial gain of the
oil industry. Never forget. No excuses this time. No glory
for the perpetrators.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

dizzy

Aug 31, 2005, 9:23:50 PM8/31/05
On 31 Aug 2005 17:42:37 -0700, "Mark" <bogusm...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>last week I was a "steaming pile of sh*t", remember?

I do.

Learning Richard

Aug 31, 2005, 9:43:30 PM8/31/05

Scott in Florida wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2005 17:42:37 -0700, "Mark" <bogusm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> ROFL.....
>
> My hat is off to you! You have 'learning' and ditzy foaming at the
> mouth....

and all he had to do is suggest shooting poor people! wow scott.

Learning Richard

Aug 31, 2005, 9:48:18 PM8/31/05

ToMh wrote:
> "TeGGeR®" <teg...@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
> > "ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote in
> >
> >> Rampant looting and destruction. Too bad 3000 Louisiana National
> >> Guardsmen can only watch from Iraq.
> >>

> > That's what private guns are for, my friend. Does LA have gun control?
> >
> > --
> > TeGGeR®

> Most people who are getting looted evacuated and arn't there to
> defend their property you moron.

Just about all that's left in New Orleans are the poor and
disenfranchised. And I bet Mark and Scott would put a bullet right
between the eyes of a mother who loots formula for her child, since
commerce is shut down.

Scott, you would've fit in well in Nazi Germany. And Mark, you remind
me of Himmler.

God, what a couple of disgusting pigs.

Learning Richard

Aug 31, 2005, 9:53:35 PM8/31/05

ToMh wrote:
> "Scott in Florida" <Jus...@Florida.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:22:00 -0700, "ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote:
> >
> >>That's so funny. Scott really believes that BS.
> >
> > Has anyone in your family been killed by a terrorist lately?
> >
> > I rest my case....
> >

> Bush is doing a great job of keeping me safe from Tigers also.
>
> How many citizens died from terrorist attacks during Clintons
> term?

None, but so far Bush is responsible for around six thousand dead
Americans. His buddies in the oil industry are partly responsible for
the missing wetlands that have caused New Orleans to be buried, so Bush
has that many thousand more dead Americans under his belt.

Meanwhile, Scott and Mark, instead of discussing how we can help, are
dancing around the fire talking about shooting mothers who loot formula
for their babies.

Mark

Aug 31, 2005, 10:01:35 PM8/31/05
Not poor people... LOOTERS. I'm sure the vast majority of NO
residents, poor or not, would never consider looting.

No Spam

Aug 31, 2005, 10:02:19 PM8/31/05

> I think the communications in today's armed forces are FAR better than
> in years past.
>
> I frequent an Navy/Marine Aviation Ordinance forum. They get email
> from Marines and Sailors in Iraq all the time.

Yeah, that should make it easy for the flood victims on the
rooftops to send email to the Louisiana National Guardsmen
who can't help them because they're fighting the insurgency
that Smirk invited into Iraq ("Bring it on."). Are you
ROFLYAO at the flood victims, you fucking moron?

No Spam

Aug 31, 2005, 10:02:20 PM8/31/05
"Scott in Florida" <Jus...@Florida.com> gibbered
> ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking moron with a broken record. The thousands dead
in Iraq, and thousands more in the flood, are just jokes
for a hyena like you, aren't they?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Charles @ Kankakee

Aug 31, 2005, 10:35:44 PM8/31/05

> On 31 Aug 2005 18:53:35 -0700, "Learning Richard"

> <learnin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> How many citizens died from terrorist attacks during Clintons
>>> term?
>>
>>None,
>
> Oh?
>
> Well let me tell you you are Wrongooooooooooo
>
> I won't go any farther than the USS Cole sailors....
>
> ....but you knew you were not telling the truth....didn't ya...
>
> --
>
> Scott in Florida
>
> "A Democratic shift to the right risks inflaming the party's Angry
> Left base, while a shift to the left would surely cost the party
> whatever support it has left from normal people."
>
> James Taranto - Wall Street Journal

You don't need to go any further than the first WTC bombing in 1993. . . .

Charles of Kankakee

Charles @ Kankakee

Aug 31, 2005, 10:40:00 PM8/31/05

"No Spam" <nos...@hormel.org> wrote in message

You LIEberal Communists are the joke of history.

Charles of Kankakee

Charles @ Kankakee

Aug 31, 2005, 10:52:33 PM8/31/05

"No Spam" <nos...@hormel.org> wrote in message

You know, you who have no label are the f***ing moron. It's people like
you that are going to keep the Democrats from winning in 2008 again, just as
you did in 2000 and 2004.

I see all sorts of stupid things coming out of you assholes: Global warming
is responsible for Katrina devastating New Orleans, etc.

All of you liberals should report to the Medical Dispensary on base and ask
for a High Colonic, to be followed by a 20 mile hike with a full field pack
. . . . That MIGHT clear your head, but I doubt it. Your heads are
collectively so full of twisted shit that I doubt if TWO high colonics would
even begin to clear it out . . . .

Charles of Kankakee

Message has been deleted

No Spam

Aug 31, 2005, 11:14:06 PM8/31/05

"Charles @ Kankakee" <n5...@comcast.net> wrote in message

OK, then you tell me. How can email help a Louisiana
Guardsman in Iraq contact his family in the flood zone?
Please enlighten the world with your technological marvel.

No Spam

Aug 31, 2005, 11:14:08 PM8/31/05
"Scott in Florida" <Jus...@Florida.com> wrote in message
> What he said.....LOL
>
> These people are a hoot.....
>
> Got em all stirred up....

I think the monkey is flinging shit out of his
cage again. Did you have anything to add? Didn't
you mean to say "ROFLMAO", and to continue to
laugh hysterically at the hurricane tragedy?

No Spam

Aug 31, 2005, 11:14:09 PM8/31/05
"Charles @ Kankakee" <n5...@comcast.net> wrote in message

The hyena's cometition; the jackal.

dh

Sep 1, 2005, 1:44:14 AM9/1/05
"Charles @ Kankakee" <n5...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Gee, this Liberal was simply going to politely tell Scott that perhaps he'd
overloked that this was one of those rare cases where communications in Iraq
weren't the limiting factor - communications Stateside are the trouble for a
change.

No Spam could have been more polite, it's true, but Scott did not seem to
have the picture here and you could have kept your tone more reasonable
instead of pouring it on to outdo No Spam in incivility.

I'd also add that, Scott's rosy assessment aside, communications in Iraq
aren't all that great everywhere, either. The people I know over there
don't appear to have much access to e-mail or phones - they've said so in
their very infrequent e-mails (quarterly). One moved from a location with
minimal communications to a new location with wretched communications.

So, is it pull together to support the troops or are you more interested in
invective and political advantage?

Anyway, I sent a note to the Today show earlier, perhaps they can shed some
light on the problem, publicize it and maybe someone or some agency with
resources can help out. If the Today show thinks they can get good PR,
maybe they'll help out. There would also need to be some sort of
coordination with Louisiana agencies to track down people Stateside.

Message has been deleted

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 8:13:07 AM9/1/05

Scott in Florida wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:22:00 -0700, "ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote:
>
> >Like tying up the National Guard in a meaningless
> >war and not having any available for times
> >of real crisis.
>
> You....will be the first to cry when a loved one of yours has his/her
> head cut off in your presence....

what's up with this obsession you have with decapitation?

visit rotten.com.

There now that will keep you occupied all day.

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 8:24:21 AM9/1/05

Scott in Florida wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:43:39 GMT, Dbu'' <ntt...@s2-pc.om> wrote:
>
> >In article <1125526707.92085cd0c2f38c202de979e8ae00a66f@teranews>,

> > "ToMh" <Teel...@hotm.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Rampant looting and destruction. Too bad 3000 Louisiana National
> >> Guardsmen can only watch from Iraq.
> >
> >There are 100000 in the area waiting to get in, are you following along?
>
> My Navy son is a rescue swimmer and is 'on call' to go help.

and based on your posts (and the old adage, like Father like Son), his
version of 'help' will come in the form of popping grapes.

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 8:27:14 AM9/1/05

Dbu'' wrote:
> In article <1125539615.3...@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> wrong. Bush is responsible for ONE MILLION American deaths all the way
> back to WWII.
>
> How's that.

So you know about Prescott Bush and the wealth he amassed from the
Nazi's before Roosevelt put an end to it in 1942? 1942... hmmm by
then the Germans were slaughtering Jews en masse, and we were at war
with Germany. Can anyone say "traitor"?

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 8:30:07 AM9/1/05

Scott in Florida wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2005 18:43:30 -0700, "Learning Richard"
> ROFLMAO....
>
> I'd just love to be at your house when a bunch of looters take all
> your 'stuff' and see what you do....

I can tell you one thing bubba... 'stuff' is not worth taking a life.
That's just not Christian.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 11:41:32 AM9/1/05

Dbu,' wrote:
> In article <1125577634.7...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> actually I forgot about old Prescot, yeah, if you want to include him
> then the Bushs are respnsible for a BILLION American deaths, including
> the civil war!!! How dreadful.

your levity is quite amusing, in the face of such an avoidable disaster
-- it is not shared by those who suffered losses due to the cutting of
funding for the levees in order to pay for the latest oil war.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 11:59:00 AM9/1/05

Dbu,' wrote:
> In article <1125589292.4...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> "an avoidable disaster" my my, you suppose Bush is so powerful that he
> could have turned that hurricane away from the U.S. He IS a remarkable
> man that Bush with the ability to turn hurricanes. I'm beginning to
> have hope for you rich. You finally now see that Bush is a powerful
> president.

You can't argue with the numbers, dbu. No matter how hard you try.
See the post I bumped, which was originally made in June of this year,
where I predicted this exact disaster. And I'm just some yokel voter.

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 12:05:53 PM9/1/05

Charles @ Kanker Sore wrote:
> It's people like
> you that are going to keep the Democrats from winning in 2008 again, just as
> you did in 2000 and 2004.

A minor correction: Gore decidedly won in 2000 (can't argue with
numbers) and the 2004 results are in doubt.

> I see all sorts of stupid things coming out of you assholes:

Such as gerbils and feces? Better not look any closer, kanker sore.

Mark

Sep 1, 2005, 12:34:25 PM9/1/05
A minor correction: Gore decidedly won in 2000 (can't argue with
numbers) and the 2004 results are in doubt.

===============

Math must not be your strong suit Richard.

In 2000 it was 271 to 266...
http://www.usconstitution.net/ev_2000.html

In 2004 it was 286 to 251...
http://www.usconstitution.net/ev_2004.html

What part don't you understand?

Message has been deleted

Charles @ Kankakee

Sep 1, 2005, 12:41:44 PM9/1/05

"Mark" <bogusm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Actually Richard is one of those leftists that are still mad that Bush won.
They live in De Nile. I'm not sure who in this group is Queen of Denial,
but Richard has to be one of the princesses of Denial.

Charles of Kankakee

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Charles @ Kankakee

Sep 1, 2005, 1:28:59 PM9/1/05

> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 16:38:31 GMT, "Dbu,'" <ntt...@s2-pb.om> wrote:
>
>>In article <1125590340....@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
>>Well tell me how the hurricane was avoidable? I'm all ears. Even
>>perhaps if you have something really good we could make a fortune on it.
>
> Hell the Demonrats have to be right....they have been predicting the
> downfall of everything....LOL

> --
>
> Scott in Florida
>
> "A Democratic shift to the right risks inflaming the party's Angry
> Left base, while a shift to the left would surely cost the party
> whatever support it has left from normal people."
>
> James Taranto - Wall Street Journal

I wish they'd come to their own downfall. . . .

Charles of Kankakee

DH

Sep 1, 2005, 1:49:02 PM9/1/05

"Dbu,'" <ntt...@s2-pb.om> wrote in message
> In article <1125590340....@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> Well tell me how the hurricane was avoidable? I'm all ears. Even
> perhaps if you have something really good we could make a fortune on it.
> --

The hurricane was not avoidable. The disaster was avoidable.

DH

Sep 1, 2005, 2:07:10 PM9/1/05
"DH" <d...@stargate.com> wrote in message

And Learning Richard was most likely referring to this:

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001051313

I haven't checked the Times-Picayune site to see if this is a correct
summary or not but Editor and Publisher seems reliable.

If true, well, it was a tradeoff that didn't pay off. There will likely be
political fallout that will hurt the Administration, possibly making a
difference in the 2006 elections.

The question that occurs to me, however, is whether or not this reflects a
reshuffling of budget money that's understating the true dollar cost of the
Iraq War. If the Corps of Engineers is redirecting efforts away from
domestic projects to war support, is that money be accurately totted up in
the "war" column on the annual report?

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 2:27:55 PM9/1/05

precisely.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

DH

Sep 1, 2005, 3:04:04 PM9/1/05
> On 1 Sep 2005 11:27:55 -0700, "Learning Richard"
> The way it could have been avoided is to have a Republican in
> charge....
>
> New Orleans is a Democratic controlled city.
>
> The lesson.....
>
> If you want to live and have good jobs....elect a Republican

I guess it's really pointless to waste time pointing you to good sources but
let's just try it again, for giggles:

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001051313

The Bush Administration appears to have torpedoed New Orleans chances of
surviving a hurricane by shifting funds away from necessary levee
maintenance to other things.

DH

Sep 1, 2005, 3:22:11 PM9/1/05
> Explain that....

Sure.

Horrible weather is a periodic natural condition of the planet. Do
worst-case planning and prepare.

- and/or -

Don't let this happen to your town:

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001051313

> Scott in Florida
>
> "A Democratic shift to the right risks inflaming the party's Angry
> Left base, while a shift to the left would surely cost the party
> whatever support it has left from normal people."
>
> James Taranto - Wall Street Journal

We've been reading that one for a while. Time to switch to something new.

By the way, Taranto can contemplate the possibility that the "normal" people
(and I'm presuming he means "center" and was merely being gratuitously
insulting) might tolerate some significant shifting to the left in the next
few years.

Clinton, as you may recall, campaigned successfully along the lines of "It's
the Economy, Stupid!" Right now, the pocketbook augurs are not favorable to
the Administration or its heirs. Poverty is up, not just in absolute
numbers, which might normally occur as the population expands, but in
percentages, too. Family income is stagnant for the last couple of years on
an increased number of hours worked; hourly wages are falling. Inflation
may be on the march (oil prices shocks may drive this).

Not a good economic outlook for the party in power. I'd recommend the
President vow to fight gay marriage, encourage the teaching of Creationism
in schools, appoint strict constructionist judges, work hard for school
prayer and vow to "stay the course" in Iraq.

Message has been deleted

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 4:38:56 PM9/1/05

Dbu,' wrote:
> In article <1125596953.a993561fb7389057bff5d1aab3f1d49b@teranews>,
> Well then how was the disaster avoidable when the hurricane was not?

I'll take this one...

dumbass.

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 4:40:30 PM9/1/05

Mark wrote:
> Not poor people... LOOTERS. I'm sure the vast majority of NO
> residents, poor or not, would never consider looting.

funny little white boy

Message has been deleted

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 5:08:59 PM9/1/05

Dbu,' wrote:
> In article <1125607136.1...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> Then you're calling yourself a dumb-ass?

NO, dbu, I was pointing out your stupidity. Nice try, though -- this
is typically the best you can do, and once again you're as reliable as
Old Faithful.

Thank you for affirming the smooth-brained nature of your ilk, once
again.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 7:27:00 PM9/1/05

Dbu,' wrote:
> In article <1125608939.5...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> You said "I'll take this one, I'm a dumbass"
>
> What more can I say.

*yawn*

In most Indo-European languages, omission of the subject usually
implies that the gerund itself is spoken in the second person. i.e.,

Dumbass.

is simply short for

You're a dumbass.

Lest you accuse me once again of being a revisionist, please do not try
to revise grammatical rules to suit your needs.

Message has been deleted

Learning Richard

Sep 1, 2005, 8:19:22 PM9/1/05

Dbu,' wrote:
> In article <1125617220....@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> Oh my. That's very fine, but I'm not "Indo-European" what ever the hell

You speak an Indo-European language, known as "English".

> that is. I take it is as you said....You're a "dumb-ass". I'm sure
> hell not the dumb ass. Look at all your postings. They be all
> gibberish.

Yes you are. You're stupid, and you're a dumbass.

Congrats.

dh

Sep 1, 2005, 8:52:05 PM9/1/05

> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:04:04 -0500, "DH" <d...@stargate.com> wrote:
>
> >The Bush Administration appears to have torpedoed New Orleans chances of
> >surviving a hurricane by shifting funds away from necessary levee
> >maintenance to other things.
>
> ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>
> soooooooooooooo sad....

A lovely sentiment for the people of New Orleans. Why don't you just run
down there and share it with them?

> gawd
>
> You libs are bitchin when we run up a deficit during wartime...
>
> Then you bitch cause money isn't spent.
>
> Are you EVER happy?
>
> jeez

Are you math-impaired? The Administration puts the cost of the war at $100
billion a year or so. The deficit is $400 billion a year or so. Don't go
blaming the war.

The Administration made a decision; they didn't put necessary resources into
protecting New Orleans. If they'd got away with it, all well and good, well
at least until the inevitable happened. They got caught, political fallout
is likely. Look to Rove to start Swift-Boating Walter Maestri (read the
article linked previously).

Over on another forum, the NeoConned who have seen Walter Maestri's remarks
on levee maintenance are already calling Maestri some pretty nasty names,
accusing him of playing partisan politics with the disaster; they didn't
realize they were reading quotes of his that were over a year old.
Correction - they didn't bother to get the full story and find that his
remarks were over a year old.

dh

Sep 1, 2005, 8:42:14 PM9/1/05

> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:22:11 -0500, "DH" <d...@stargate.com> wrote:
>
> >Horrible weather is a periodic natural condition of the planet. Do
> >worst-case planning and prepare.
>
> You think we can afford to do that?
>
> You really need a little reality check...
>
> --
>
> Scott in Florida

What do you think not being prepared is going to cost?

Levee maintenance - some millions of dollars
Pump maintenance - some millions of dollars
Alternate oil landing and transhipment facilities - some millions of
dollars.

Losing New Orleans under the waves - priceless.

No Spam

Sep 1, 2005, 11:34:16 PM9/1/05

"Scott in Florida" <Jus...@Florida.com> wrote in message

> The way it could have been avoided is to have a Republican in
> charge....
>
> New Orleans is a Democratic controlled city.

Sorry. You lose. The levees were built and maintained
by the Army Corps of Engineers. A Federal and Federally
funded organization. The Republican president cut the
funding they needed to maintain the levees. The Republican-
controlled congress approved. The levees were not maintained
due to lack of funding. They failed. Republicans' fault.

And that lying sack of shit had the gall to say that nobody
anticipated the breach of the levees. An outright lie. The
Army Corps predicted that, but he cut their funding anyway.

You can't pin this one on the Democrats. Bush's fault. He
has to take the blame for his funding cuts and his lies.
The local Democrats are not to blame here. They predicted
the result of the Republican negligence.

No Spam

Sep 1, 2005, 11:34:17 PM9/1/05

"Scott in Florida" <Jus...@Florida.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:22:11 -0500, "DH" <d...@stargate.com> wrote:
>
>>Horrible weather is a periodic natural condition of the planet. Do
>>worst-case planning and prepare.
>
> You think we can afford to do that?

If we don't fight wars based on lies, and we don't
give massive tax cuts to the rich, we can afford
to maintain the levees of the lower Mississippi.

When Bush cut the funding, he flushed homeland
security down the river. Thousands are dead.
Tens of thousands are homeless or ruined. And
all you can do is giggle. You are the lowest
kind of scum. You have no conscience or morality.

No Spam

Sep 1, 2005, 11:34:18 PM9/1/05

"Learning Richard" <learnin...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Dbu,' wrote:

>> > NO, dbu, I was pointing out your stupidity. Nice try, though -- this
>> > is typically the best you can do, and once again you're as reliable as
>> > Old Faithful.
>> >
>> > Thank you for affirming the smooth-brained nature of your ilk, once
>> > again.
>>

>> You said "I'll take this one, I'm a dumbass"
>>
>> What more can I say.
>
> *yawn*
>
> In most Indo-European languages, omission of the subject usually
> implies that the gerund itself is spoken in the second person. i.e.,

Uh oh. Please leave grammar out of it. You are obviously
out of your depth. There is no gerund here. You may have a
leg up on the bottom-feeding mouth breathers like the
Scum from Floriday and the Crap from Cankersore, who
prbably think grammar is the guy whose daughter married
her husband (Scum or Crap's "uncle dad"), but if you don't
know what you're talking about you should keep mum.

No Spam

Sep 1, 2005, 11:34:20 PM9/1/05

"Learning Richard" <learnin...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Only barely. Mostly, he just repeats the boilerplate
that his puppet masters program. Don't confuse him
with big words; it makes his head hurt.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
It is loading more messages.