Lattimer: Serial# of the rifle we used in our tests was not C-2766

John Canal

Apr 30, 2004, 9:25:23 PM4/30/04
I can't recall who asked me to check with Dr. Lattimer re. the notation in
his book that the serial # of the Mannlicher-Carcano he used for his tests
was C-2766 (the same ser# as the Mannlicher-Carcano found in the TSBD),
but I asked him about it and today I received a letter from him with the
answer. It's simple. It was a error...."..the book was printed before we
noticed the error and it was too late to correct it."

John Canal

Jeandavison2

May 1, 2004, 9:12:50 AM5/1/04

It was I who asked, John, and many thanks for clearing this up.

Jean Davison

John Canal

May 1, 2004, 2:46:47 PM5/1/04
In article <20040501003000...@mb-m28.aol.com>, Jeandavison2 says...

Jean,

No problem....I was kind of curious about that myself.

John C.