Black Dog / PJR / c&c

Peter J Ross

Nov 13, 2009, 10:05:19 PM11/13/09

Will Dockery

Nov 13, 2009, 10:36:33 PM11/13/09
Peter J Ross <p...@patchword.com> wrote:

> Black Dog
> ---------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl6s1x9j4QQ

Not a bad selection, PJR!

--
"Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Nov 13, 2009, 10:48:24 PM11/13/09

"Will Dockery" <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> bad selection

Will Dockery

Nov 13, 2009, 10:50:54 PM11/13/09
On Nov 13, 10:48 pm, "Orson Wells as CitizenCain"
<noem...@here.invalidd> wrote:

> > bad selection

"We know." -Dennis M. Hammes, Litt. D.

--
"...The Shadowville All-Stars provide the musical canvas for the word
paintings of Will Dockery, the Poet Laureate of Shadowville.

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Nov 13, 2009, 10:53:44 PM11/13/09

<noem...@here.invalidd> wrote:

> > bad selection

"We know." -Dennis M. Hammes, Litt. D.

Will Dockery is an unbelievably stupid person.

prettystuzz

Nov 13, 2009, 11:16:30 PM11/13/09
In article <slrnhfs7j...@pjr.gotdns.org>,

Peter J Ross <p...@patchword.com> wrote:

> Black Dog
> ---------
>
> Cerberus never sleeps

Too absolutist though typically so; yet it should be 'Cerberus never
sleep' if you're disallowing for (the probable) one-third or two-thirds
of napping. Or are you rounding the one-seventh of one-third or
two-thirds to zero? (Joyce would have preferred 'never sleep' for
reasons you'll never come to appreciate.)

> /subridet Cerberus/

Why have you posted this to aapc? We know no Latin here.

> between his teeth are heroes' sinews
> and in his midden whole fingers

=z= will correct you: "amoung his teeth"; irregardlessly, wouldn't
'among his teeth' be a right and good turn of phrase, old man, plus a
bonus image?

> /irridet Cerberus/

Op. cit.

> I recognise a perfume, was it yours?
> I asked Ed what he fought for
> and he said literally this earth
>
> /sternuit Cerberus/

Ibid.

The Ed(na) I know said she would gladly die for your italics.

> the silent, steady skim
> of his master's iron oars
> holds Cerberus a-wait

If I knew the Latin for it, I would suggest it in place of "iron oars"
to mean the English 'ornery oats' - less trite and funner after
translating.

> it won't be long to wait
> not too long to wait

Thank you for the rhymes at long last.*

* Some aapc regulars thrive on rhyme. Do 'yours'/'oars' qualify? They
sound like 'yerz'/'ores' here.

Will Dockery

Nov 13, 2009, 11:20:55 PM11/13/09
On Nov 13, 11:14 pm, Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:
> In rec.arts.poems on Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:36:33 -0800 (PST), Will

> Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Peter J Ross <p...@patchword.com> wrote:
>
> >> Black Dog
> >> ---------
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl6s1x9j4QQ
>
> > Not a bad selection, PJR!
>
> I prefer The Lemon Song and When The Levee Breaks.
> Blues Structure + Loud Guitars = Fun!

One that may be of interest is the one Led Zep plagiarized from Moby
Grape's "Never", "Since I've Been Loving You" I think it is.

> Thank you

Not a problem, PJR.

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Nov 13, 2009, 11:30:51 PM11/13/09

> I plagiarized
> You"

> Not a problem,

Peter J Ross

Nov 13, 2009, 11:45:13 PM11/13/09
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:16:30 -0500,
prettystuzz <leic...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

<...>

Thanks for... er... thanks for... um...

Somebody, please remind me what Stuart did here! What's that you say,
you there at the back in the chessboard sports-jacket and Chesterton
wig? "He commented very helpfully"? Is that what you're saying?
Really? Oh well. If you say so.

Thanks for "commenting very helpfully", Stuart!

Will Dockery

Nov 13, 2009, 11:58:46 PM11/13/09
Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:

> Somebody, please remind me

Sure, PJR:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/f9556804ccec25b1?hl=3D3D3=De=3Dn

Peter J. Ross wrote:

I'm tired of pretending to be a "regular" in newsgroups where 90% of
the on-topic
posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC
are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
net.kooks. I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
will be in persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat,
Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
level.

It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!
--
PJR :-)

> > It's his way or no way.
>
> > Little Peter couldn't hold a candle to Ham
> > or his contributions to this group. It's sad
> > to even mention their names together in
> > the same sentence. Hammy might piss you off
> > when he told you something sucked, but you still
> > loved him just the same.
>
> "Loved" is a bit strong, but I think I know what you mean.
>
> > Peewee is just repugnant regurgitation.
> > Consistently.
>
> "You're a racist." "You're a thief." "You're a plagiarist." "You're a
> child molestor." etc., etc. And then his little friends complain if
> you call him a troll.> =3D3DA0 =3D3DA0 =3D3DA0 =3D3DA0 =3D3DA0 -max

Karla

Nov 14, 2009, 12:42:52 AM11/14/09
wrote:

>In article <slrnhfs7j...@pjr.gotdns.org>,

> Peter J Ross <p...@patchword.com> wrote:
>
>> Black Dog
>> ---------
>>
>> Cerberus never sleeps
>
>Too absolutist though typically so; yet it should be 'Cerberus never
>sleep' if you're disallowing for (the probable) one-third or two-thirds
>of napping. Or are you rounding the one-seventh of one-third or
>two-thirds to zero? (Joyce would have preferred 'never sleep' for
>reasons you'll never come to appreciate.)
>

>> /subridet Cerberus/
>
>Why have you posted this to aapc? We know no Latin here.

Careful, Orson Welles will post that you hate Catholics.

*mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa . . . *

>> between his teeth are heroes' sinews
>> and in his midden whole fingers
>
>=z= will correct you: "amoung his teeth"; irregardlessly, wouldn't
>'among his teeth' be a right and good turn of phrase, old man, plus a
>bonus image?

Careful, someone else will come along to point out that "irregardlessly"
isn't standard usage. No one on the poetry newsgroups has a sense of humor
anymore.

>> /irridet Cerberus/
>
>Op. cit.
>

>> I recognise a perfume, was it yours?
>> I asked Ed what he fought for
>> and he said literally this earth
>>
>> /sternuit Cerberus/
>
>Ibid.
>
>The Ed(na) I know said she would gladly die for your italics.

Italics? I thought those were Styx!

>> the silent, steady skim
>> of his master's iron oars
>> holds Cerberus a-wait
>
>If I knew the Latin for it, I would suggest it in place of "iron oars"
>to mean the English 'ornery oats' - less trite and funner after
>translating.

Maybe insert italicized irony waves before the last couplet?

>> it won't be long to wait
>> not too long to wait
>
>Thank you for the rhymes at long last.*

This and the next line were truly funny & gave me the laugh needed after a
very long week. Gratias tibi ago.

>* Some aapc regulars thrive on rhyme. Do 'yours'/'oars' qualify? They
>sound like 'yerz'/'ores' here.

Which bot do you got reading tonight?

Will Dockery

Nov 14, 2009, 12:56:06 AM11/14/09
On Nov 14, 12:42 am, Karla <karl...@NEVERcomcast.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:16:30 -0500, prettystuzz <leich...@bellsouth.net>
> wrote:
>
> >> the silent, steady skim
> >> of his master's iron oars
> >> holds Cerberus a-wait
>
> >If I knew the Latin for it, I would suggest it in place of "iron oars"
> >to mean the English 'ornery oats' - less trite and funner after
> >translating.
>
> Maybe insert italicized irony waves before the last couplet?

Heh...

prettystuzz

Nov 14, 2009, 1:29:28 AM11/14/09
In article <2qfsf59n8pa8a18a8...@4ax.com>,
Karla <kar...@NEVERcomcast.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:16:30 -0500, prettystuzz <leic...@bellsouth.net>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <slrnhfs7j...@pjr.gotdns.org>,
> > Peter J Ross <p...@patchword.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Black Dog
> >> ---------
> >>
> >> Cerberus never sleeps

Did you see Ross's gratitude? I only gave him c when he requested c&c.
Okay, here's the c:

You (Ross) might as well say Orpheus couldn't sing.

And is 'Cerberus' the Romanized term for 'rust'?

> >Too absolutist though typically so; yet it should be 'Cerberus never
> >sleep' if you're disallowing for (the probable) one-third or two-thirds
> >of napping. Or are you rounding the one-seventh of one-third or
> >two-thirds to zero? (Joyce would have preferred 'never sleep' for
> >reasons you'll never come to appreciate.)
> >

> >> /subridet Cerberus/
> >
> >Why have you posted this to aapc? We know no Latin here.
>
> Careful, Orson Welles will post that you hate Catholics.
>
> *mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa . . . *

Cerberi est omnis divisa in partes tres. (I cut my teeth at rap.)

Amor vincet omnia (Chaucer's Prioresse's Anglicized bumper sticker).

Agricola amat puellam.

> >> between his teeth are heroes' sinews
> >> and in his midden whole fingers
> >
> >=z= will correct you: "amoung his teeth"; irregardlessly, wouldn't
> >'among his teeth' be a right and good turn of phrase, old man, plus a
> >bonus image?
>
> Careful, someone else will come along to point out that "irregardlessly"
> isn't standard usage. No one on the poetry newsgroups has a sense of humor
> anymore.

Not even Ross?

> >> /irridet Cerberus/
> >
> >Op. cit.
> >

> >> I recognise a perfume, was it yours?
> >> I asked Ed what he fought for
> >> and he said literally this earth
> >>
> >> /sternuit Cerberus/
> >
> >Ibid.
> >
> >The Ed(na) I know said she would gladly die for your italics.
>
> Italics? I thought those were Styx!

HeyNow! Yes, Styx in Greek also means 'file name'.

> >> the silent, steady skim
> >> of his master's iron oars
> >> holds Cerberus a-wait
> >
> >If I knew the Latin for it, I would suggest it in place of "iron oars"
> >to mean the English 'ornery oats' - less trite and funner after
> >translating.
>
> Maybe insert italicized irony waves before the last couplet?

Who is the party to whom you are speaking to?

> >> it won't be long to wait
> >> not too long to wait
> >
> >Thank you for the rhymes at long last.*
>
> This and the next line were truly funny & gave me the laugh needed after a
> very long week. Gratias tibi ago.

Oh, I see. You're addressing Ross.

> >* Some aapc regulars thrive on rhyme. Do 'yours'/'oars' qualify? They
> >sound like 'yerz'/'ores' here.
>
> Which bot do you got reading tonight?

Oh, I'm just taking Cythera at her word, but I don't think my optimism
is justified.

Karla

Nov 14, 2009, 1:59:43 AM11/14/09
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 01:29:28 -0500, prettystuzz <leic...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>In article <2qfsf59n8pa8a18a8...@4ax.com>,
> Karla <kar...@NEVERcomcast.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:16:30 -0500, prettystuzz <leic...@bellsouth.net>
>> wrote:

>Did you see Ross's gratitude? I only gave him c when he requested c&c.
>Okay, here's the c:
>
>You (Ross) might as well say Orpheus couldn't sing.
>
>And is 'Cerberus' the Romanized term for 'rust'?

I thought it was the Romanized term for sun spots.

>> >Too absolutist though typically so; yet it should be 'Cerberus never
>> >sleep' if you're disallowing for (the probable) one-third or two-thirds
>> >of napping. Or are you rounding the one-seventh of one-third or
>> >two-thirds to zero? (Joyce would have preferred 'never sleep' for
>> >reasons you'll never come to appreciate.)

>> >Why have you posted this to aapc? We know no Latin here.
>>
>> Careful, Orson Welles will post that you hate Catholics.
>>
>> *mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa . . . *
>
>Cerberi est omnis divisa in partes tres. (I cut my teeth at rap.)
>
>Amor vincet omnia (Chaucer's Prioresse's Anglicized bumper sticker).
>
>Agricola amat puellam.

Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.

>> >=z= will correct you: "amoung his teeth"; irregardlessly, wouldn't
>> >'among his teeth' be a right and good turn of phrase, old man, plus a
>> >bonus image?
>>
>> Careful, someone else will come along to point out that "irregardlessly"
>> isn't standard usage. No one on the poetry newsgroups has a sense of humor
>> anymore.
>
>Not even Ross?

o i c. stfu karla

>> >Op. cit.

>> >Ibid.
>> >
>> >The Ed(na) I know said she would gladly die for your italics.
>>
>> Italics? I thought those were Styx!
>
>HeyNow! Yes, Styx in Greek also means 'file name'.

>> >If I knew the Latin for it, I would suggest it in place of "iron oars"
>> >to mean the English 'ornery oats' - less trite and funner after
>> >translating.
>>
>> Maybe insert italicized irony waves before the last couplet?
>
>Who is the party to whom you are speaking to?

to wit to whomever has the ears to hear

>> >Thank you for the rhymes at long last.*
>>
>> This and the next line were truly funny & gave me the laugh needed after a
>> very long week. Gratias tibi ago.
>
>Oh, I see. You're addressing Ross.

geesh, another stfu. whatever. I'm still chuckling at 'thank you for the
rhymes at long last' and you can't stop me.

>> >* Some aapc regulars thrive on rhyme. Do 'yours'/'oars' qualify? They
>> >sound like 'yerz'/'ores' here.
>>
>> Which bot do you got reading tonight?
>
>Oh, I'm just taking Cythera at her word, but I don't think my optimism
>is justified.

*checks header*

tx_max_king

Nov 14, 2009, 2:12:48 AM11/14/09
On Nov 13, 9:36 pm, Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter J Ross <p...@patchword.com> wrote:
>

> > Black Dog
> > ---------
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl6s1x9j4QQ
>
> Not a bad selection, PJR!

His 'Black Dog' post was a trite piece of cryptic gibberish
based on a mythological figure. Par.

Here's a better version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfPj8mGDA6Y

-max

Will Dockery

Nov 14, 2009, 2:28:42 AM11/14/09
On Nov 14, 2:12 am, tx_max_king <txmxk...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Nov 13, 9:36 pm, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Peter J Ross <p...@patchword.com> wrote:
>
> > > Black Dog
> > > ---------
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl6s1x9j4QQ
>
> > Not a bad selection, PJR!
>
> His 'Black Dog' post was a trite piece of cryptic gibberish
> based on a mythological figure. Par.
>
> Here's a better version:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfPj8mGDA6Y

Absolutely.

prettystuzz

Nov 14, 2009, 2:42:07 AM11/14/09
In article <iqksf59iip1poqg31...@4ax.com>,
Karla <kar...@NEVERcomcast.net> wrote:

> >Agricola amat puellam.
>
> Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.

RJJJr: Or Puellam agricola amat, or Agricola puellam amat, or Puellam
amat agricola, or Amat puellam agricola, or Amat agricola puellam.

Did you record Where The Boys Are today (11/13) on Turner Circus Maximus?

Do you know the Marcus Pinkus joke?

A version is here:

Will Dockery

Nov 14, 2009, 2:46:25 AM11/14/09
On Nov 14, 2:42 am, prettystuzz <leich...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>  Karla <karl...@NEVERcomcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Agricola amat puellam.
>
> > Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.
>
> RJJJr: Or Puellam agricola amat, or Agricola puellam amat, or Puellam
> amat agricola, or Amat puellam agricola, or Amat agricola puellam.
>
> Did you record Where The Boys Are today (11/13) on Turner Circus Maximus?

Ah, that was on today? We're only halway through the month so they're
bound to show it again a few times, at least they usually do.

prettystuzz

Nov 14, 2009, 2:54:43 AM11/14/09
In article
<43735fa1-342e-4814...@r5g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
Will Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2:42�am, prettystuzz <leich...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > �Karla <karl...@NEVERcomcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > >Agricola amat puellam.
> >
> > > Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.
> >
> > RJJJr: Or Puellam agricola amat, or Agricola puellam amat, or Puellam
> > amat agricola, or Amat puellam agricola, or Amat agricola puellam.
> >
> > Did you record Where The Boys Are today (11/13) on Turner Circus Maximus?
>
> Ah, that was on today? We're only halway through the month so they're
> bound to show it again a few times, at least they usually do.

Not TCM. Carpe diem.

Karla

Nov 14, 2009, 2:58:27 AM11/14/09
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 02:42:07 -0500, prettystuzz <leic...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>In article <iqksf59iip1poqg31...@4ax.com>,
> Karla <kar...@NEVERcomcast.net> wrote:
>
>> >Agricola amat puellam.
>>
>> Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.
>
>RJJJr: Or Puellam agricola amat, or Agricola puellam amat, or Puellam
>amat agricola, or Amat puellam agricola, or Amat agricola puellam.
>
>Did you record Where The Boys Are today (11/13) on Turner Circus Maximus?

Wow, after I wrote about my work week. Nay, I did not.

>Do you know the Marcus Pinkus joke?
>
>A version is here:

Bad link.

Si metrum non habet, non est poema

Will Dockery

Nov 14, 2009, 3:13:41 AM11/14/09
On Nov 14, 2:58 am, Karla <karl...@NEVERcomcast.net> wrote:

> >> Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.
>
> >RJJJr: Or Puellam agricola amat, or Agricola puellam amat, or Puellam
> >amat agricola, or Amat puellam agricola, or Amat agricola puellam.
>
> >Did you record Where The Boys Are today (11/13) on Turner Circus Maximus?
>
> Wow, after I wrote about my work week. Nay, I did not.

I'm taking a break to check TCM's online schedule, to see if they're
running it again this month, bbs.

Will Dockery

Nov 14, 2009, 3:15:28 AM11/14/09
On Nov 14, 2:54 am, prettystuzz <leich...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> In article
> <43735fa1-342e-4814-a311-e4cbc3b68...@r5g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

>  Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > RJJJr: Or Puellam agricola amat, or Agricola puellam amat, or Puellam
> > > amat agricola, or Amat puellam agricola, or Amat agricola puellam.
>
> > > Did you record Where The Boys Are today (11/13) on Turner Circus Maximus?
>
> > Ah, that was on today? We're only halway through the month so they're
> > bound to show it again a few times, at least they usually do.
>
> Not TCM. Carpe diem.

Really? I sure thought they did, but I haven't seen any television
since I turned mine off last April.

prettystuzz

Nov 14, 2009, 3:31:49 AM11/14/09
In article <omosf5lgen5ipfhfm...@4ax.com>,
Karla <kar...@NEVERcomcast.net> wrote:

My bot links to it.

> Si metrum non habet, non est poema

That's a LaDonna Adrian Gaines quote!

Here's the linked text:

[quote] Message from discussion To Write

<...>

> Tell me.

from http://jokes.bnis.net.au/2002/01-January/22-01-02.htm

<11/14/09 - The joke was c/p from that dead link ^>

[probably Vaudeville vintage]

MARCUS PINKUS

Julius and Irving, two very religious Jewish men, visited Marcus Pinkus
the tailor to have new black suits made.

When they went to pick up the suits, Julius looked at his suit very
carefully; held it up to the light, walked over to the window and
examined it more carefully and then proclaimed, "Marcus, this suit is
navy blue. It's not black!"

"Trust me," said Marcus, "It's black!"

"Irving, what do you think? Blue, or black?" asked Julius.

"To tell you the truth," said Irving, "I couldn't really tell from this
light if it's blue or black."

They left wearing their new suits and while walking down the street kept
examining each other's suit to see if it was blue or black. Then they
spotted two nuns standing on the corner and decided to go stand
next to them. They knew their habits would be black and this way they
could be sure.

Well, later that afternoon, the two nuns returned to the convent and
visited with mother superior to discuss their day in the city.

"A very strange thing occurred," reported one of the nuns. "Two Jewish
men approached us on the street and they were speaking Latin!"

"Latin?" exclaimed mother superior. "Jewish men don't speak Latin; they
speak Hebrew!"

"No." said the other nun. "It was definitely Latin!"

"Well, what did they say exactly," asked the mother superior.

"I'm not really sure," said one of the nuns. "They just kept repeating
the same Latin phrase, "Marcus Pinkus Fuctus!" [end quote]

Will Dockery

Nov 14, 2009, 3:40:56 AM11/14/09
On Nov 14, 2:54 am, prettystuzz <leich...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>  Will Dockery wrote:
> > On Nov 14, 2:42 am, prettystuzz <leich...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > > Did you record Where The Boys Are today (11/13) on Turner Circus Maximus?
>
> > Ah, that was on today? We're only halway through the month so they're
> > bound to show it again a few times, at least they usually do.
>
> Not TCM. Carpe diem.

Okay, looks like you're right, then..:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=493

the messenjah

Nov 14, 2009, 11:22:58 AM11/14/09
On Nov 13, 11:58 pm, Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:
>

> > Somebody, please remind me
>
> Sure, PJR:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/f9556804ccec25b1?hl...

> Peter J. Ross wrote:
>
> I'm tired of pretending to be a "regular" in newsgroups where 90% of
> the on-topic
> posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC
> are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
> net.kooks. I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
> will be in persecuting morons such aschuckles, pandora, Shambat,

> Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
> level.
>
> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!

please be obsessed with me... make fun of me... accuse me of heinous
acts i would never think of doing... make fun of my family... my
job... my life... because you know, it's all about me... but you know
what they say... and they do say it... if you are obsessed with
someone's life, chances are you have no life of your own... but don't
let that stop ya... have at it...

http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

> --
> PJR :-)
>

> > > It's his way or no way.
>
> > > Little Peter couldn't hold a candle to Ham
> > > or his contributions to this group. It's sad
> > > to even mention their names together in
> > > the same sentence. Hammy might piss you off
> > > when he told you something sucked, but you still
> > > loved him just the same.
>
> > "Loved" is a bit strong, but I think I know what you mean.
>
> > > Peewee is just repugnant regurgitation.
> > > Consistently.
>
> > "You're a racist." "You're a thief." "You're a plagiarist." "You're a
> > child molestor." etc., etc. And then his little friends complain if
> > you call him a troll.> =3D3DA0 =3D3DA0 =3D3DA0 =3D3DA0 =3D3DA0 -max
>
> --

> "Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery- Hide quoted text -

Will Dockery

Nov 16, 2009, 4:43:58 PM11/16/09
Cythera <cyth...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> Whoa, what a title. Right away I hear Jimmy Page's guitar: dada dada
> DAda, etc. Love it; I'm on the hook

Yes, exactly the way I heard it, from a glance at the title... here's
a great one from Earls Court 1975:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6L4GixccLU

Will Dockery

Nov 16, 2009, 9:17:42 PM11/16/09
Rik <rik.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Black Dog

<snipped for copyright purposes>

Led Zeppelin Black Dog Guitar Video Lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yoGXwH-bTc

"...JamPlay.com's own Matt Brown teaches you Led Zeppelin's "Black
Dog". Within minutes you'll be shredding like Jimmy Page."

For the full lesson, visit:
http://www.jamplay.com/guitar-lessons...

"...If you like what you see, subscribe to our YouTube channel to be
notified when we add other guitar lessons!"

> It's an intriguing read but it's not toddling into my loving arms yet.

To say the least.

Will Dockery

Nov 16, 2009, 9:32:38 PM11/16/09
Shakespeare Sonnet-a-Day
Sonnet #98

From you have I been absent in the spring,
When proud-pied April dress'd in all his trim
Hath put a spirit of youth in every thing,
That heavy Saturn laugh'd and leap'd with him.
Yet nor the lays of birds nor the sweet smell
Of different flowers in odour and in hue
Could make me any summer's story tell,
Or from their proud lap pluck them where they grew;
Nor did I wonder at the lily's white,
Nor praise the deep vermilion in the rose;
They were but sweet, but figures of delight,
Drawn after you, you pattern of all those.
Yet seem'd it winter still, and, you away,
As with your shadow I with these did play.

-William Shakespeare

Will Dockery

Nov 18, 2009, 4:03:55 PM11/18/09
China has a seperate MySpace going (interesting article on Wikipedia,
btw) and the Chinese are pretty picky about what info goes in or out
of the country. I found a way to invite & meet Chines folks, though.
You go directly to the individual page and "add friend" there... I've
befriended maybe a dozen folks there, so far (one excellent folk
rocker, who I blogged on!). Go to the very back of my friends list
(the last page) and you can catch a few there, nice folks. Now, about
commenting on their pages, again, you have to actually go to their
page and post the comment from there! And don't attach anything, I
found out, just a simple "Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name,
oh yeah." kind of thing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_People's_Republic_of_China

Another curious detail I would like to know more about, is that when I
post on Chinese MySpace, my profile photo from six months ago appears
there! Strange days indeed, most peculiar...

Posted by Will Dockery on November 18, 2009 - Wednesday - 3:59 PM

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Nov 19, 2009, 6:30:25 AM11/19/09

> China has a seperate MySpace going (interesting article on Wikipedia,
> btw) and the Chinese are pretty picky about what info goes in or out
> of the country. I found a way to invite & meet Chines folks, though.
> You go directly to the individual page and "add friend" there... I've
> befriended maybe a dozen folks there, so far

A repugnant douchebag like you making contacts in China? Do you WANT our
trade agreements to fail, Dockery?

Peter J Ross

Nov 20, 2009, 5:16:20 PM11/20/09
In rec.arts.poems on Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:03:55 -0800 (PST), Will
Dockery <will.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> China has
three billion residents who think Will Dockery writes unspeakable
shit.

George Dance

Nov 20, 2009, 7:08:39 PM11/20/09
On Nov 20, 5:16 pm, Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:
> In rec.arts.poems on Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:03:55 -0800 (PST), Will
>
> Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > China has
>
> three billion residents

So China's another subject you know nothing about, PJ. You're a
veritable Renaissance ignoramus, aren't you?

Will Dockery

Nov 20, 2009, 8:36:05 PM11/20/09
On Nov 20, 5:16 pm, Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:

> writes unspeakable shit.
>
> --
> PJR :-)

Given your example below, PJR, as DMH would write...

> Cerberus never sleeps
>
>    /subridet Cerberus/

> between his teeth are heroes' sinews
> and in his midden whole fingers
>

>    /irridet Cerberus/
>
> I recognise a

<snipped PJR junk-poem>

"We know." -Dennis M. Hammes, Litt. D.

the messenjah

Nov 21, 2009, 11:21:08 AM11/21/09
On Nov 18, 4:03 pm, Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> China has a seperate MySpace going (interesting article on Wikipedia,
> btw) and the Chinese are pretty picky about what info goes in or out
> of the country. I found a way to invite & meet Chines folks, though.
> You go directly to the individual page and "add friend" there... I've
> befriended maybe a dozen folks there, so far (one excellent folk
> rocker, who I blogged on!). Go to the very back of my friends list
> (the last page) and you can catch a few there, nice folks. Now, about
> commenting on their pages, again, you have to actually go to their
> page and post the comment from there! And don't attach anything, I
> found out, just a simple "Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name,
> oh yeah." kind of thing...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_People's_Repu...

> Another curious detail I would like to know more about, is that when I
> post on Chinese MySpace, my profile photo from six months ago appears
> there! Strange days indeed, most peculiar...

I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...

http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

Will Dockery

Nov 21, 2009, 12:20:01 PM11/21/09
On Nov 21, 11:21 am, the messenjah <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz>
wrote:

> On Nov 18, 4:03 pm, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > China has a seperate MySpace going (interesting article on Wikipedia,
> > btw) and the Chinese are pretty picky about what info goes in or out
> > of the country. I found a way to invite & meet Chines folks, though.
> > You go directly to the individual page and "add friend" there... I've
> > befriended maybe a dozen folks there, so far (one excellent folk
> > rocker, who I blogged on!). Go to the very back of my friends list
> > (the last page) and you can catch a few there, nice folks. Now, about
> > commenting on their pages, again, you have to actually go to their
> > page and post the comment from there! And don't attach anything, I
> > found out, just a simple "Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name,
> > oh yeah." kind of thing...
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_the_People's_Repu...
>
> > Another curious detail I would like to know more about, is that when I
> > post on Chinese MySpace, my profile photo from six months ago appears
> > there! Strange days indeed, most peculiar...
>
> I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...

I'd like a complete tour of Asia, and the folks there sure seem to dig
my sound... hey, check out the Truck Stop Woman video, put together
for my audience in Sweden by Michael Lindberg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Nov 22, 2009, 2:14:18 AM11/22/09

"the messenjah" <theguyo...@veryfast.biz> wrote in message

> Strange, most peculiar...
http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

[ insert Chuck spam here ]

Will Dockery

Nov 22, 2009, 9:16:13 PM11/22/09
George Dance <georgedanc...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:
>
> > > China has
>
> > three billion residents
>
> So China's another subject you know nothing about, PJ. You're a
> veritable Renaissance ignoramus, aren't you?> --

Poor PJR... his "persecution campaign" seems to have bounced back at
him... Karma Bombs, y'know.

--
"Truck Stop Woman" by Will Dockery (the video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

K. A. Cannon

Nov 23, 2009, 1:28:32 PM11/23/09
the messenjah <theguyo...@veryfast.biz> posted
<1f17f5e6-1473-480e...@z7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> in
rec.arts.poems on Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:21:08 -0800 (PST):

>I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...

That pretty much sums up Chuckles.
Sees China as a place to get sex.

Not the culture, not the history, not the music, not the scenery...
None of that....

You are such a scurrilous cretin Lysaght.

--
K. A. Cannon
kevin.a.cannon at gmail dot com

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia.
-Charles Schultz

COOSN-266-06-02374
Hammer of Thor, April 2005
PIERRE SALINGER MEMORIAL HOOK, LINE & SINKER June 2007
Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle X 2
#9 People ruining UseNet lits.
#6 Top Assholes on the Net lits.
#5 Most hated Usenetizens of all time
#15 AUK psychos and felons lits
#5 Cog in the AUK Hate Machine

http://www.themonastery.org/dev/cert/ulc_certificate_view.swf?id=10010810040414

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 23, 2009, 2:17:33 PM11/23/09
On Nov 23, 2:00 pm, Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:28:32 -0500, K. A. Cannon
> <kcan...@insurgent.orgy>wrote:
>
> >the messenjah <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz> posted
> ><1f17f5e6-1473-480e-8a3e-065f51696...@z7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> in

> >rec.arts.poems on Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:21:08 -0800 (PST):
>
> >>I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...
>
> >That pretty much sums up Chuckles.
> >Sees China as a place to get sex.
>
> >Not the culture, not the history, not the music, not the scenery...
> >None of that....
>
> >You are such a scurrilous cretin Lysaght.
>
> That's all women are to Kluck. Sex objects. He thinks that since there
> are like 2 billion Chinese women over there that they'll all be
> waiting for him with their legs spread wide.

With 2 billion women, a guy could stand to get lucky a time or two...
heh.

--
"Waking Up Now" by Will Dockery (the video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_Yp-dIPCY

G&tSP

Nov 23, 2009, 8:41:54 PM11/23/09

MP's population estimate is even worse than PJ's. There are less than
1-1/2 billion people in China, and considerably less than half (40%
maybe?) are women. Not good pickup prospects for a guy at all.

the messenjah

Nov 24, 2009, 9:25:07 AM11/24/09
On Nov 23, 1:28 pm, K. A. Cannon <kcan...@insurgent.orgy> wrote:
> the messenjah <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz> posted
> <1f17f5e6-1473-480e-8a3e-065f51696...@z7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> in

> rec.arts.poems on Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:21:08 -0800 (PST):
>
> >I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...
>
> That pretty much sums upChuckles.
> Sees China as a place to get sex.
>
> Not the culture, not the history, not the music, not the scenery...
> None of that....
>
> You are such a scurrilous cretin Lysaght.

please be obsessed with me... make fun of me... accuse me of heinous

acts i would never think of doing... make fun of my family... my
job... my life... because you know, it's all about me... but you know
what they say... and they do say it... if you are obsessed with
someone's life, chances are you have no life of your own... but don't
let that stop ya... have at it...

http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

> --
> K. A. Cannon
> kevin.a.cannon at gmail dot com
>
> Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
> It's already tomorrow in Australia.
> -Charles Schultz
>
> COOSN-266-06-02374
> Hammer of Thor, April 2005
> PIERRE SALINGER MEMORIAL HOOK, LINE & SINKER June 2007
> Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle X 2
> #9 People ruining UseNet lits.
> #6 Top Assholes on the Net lits.
> #5 Most hated Usenetizens of all time
> #15 AUK psychos and felons lits
> #5 Cog in the AUK Hate Machine
>

> http://www.themonastery.org/dev/cert/ulc_certificate_view.swf?id=1001...

the messenjah

Nov 24, 2009, 9:25:33 AM11/24/09
On Nov 23, 2:00 pm, Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:28:32 -0500, K. A. Cannon

> <kcan...@insurgent.orgy>wrote:
>
> >the messenjah <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz> posted
> ><1f17f5e6-1473-480e-8a3e-065f51696...@z7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> in

> >rec.arts.poems on Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:21:08 -0800 (PST):
>
> >>I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...
>
> >That pretty much sums upChuckles.
> >Sees China as a place to get sex.
>
> >Not the culture, not the history, not the music, not the scenery...
> >None of that....
>
> >You are such a scurrilous cretin Lysaght.
>
> That's all women are to Kluck. Sex objects. He thinks that since there
> are like 2 billion Chinese women over there that they'll all be
> waiting for him with their legs spread wide.

please be obsessed with me... make fun of me... accuse me of heinous

the messenjah

Nov 24, 2009, 9:26:34 AM11/24/09

You would think so... ; )

http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

> --
> "Waking Up Now" by Will Dockery (the video):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_Yp-dIPCY- Hide quoted text -

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Nov 24, 2009, 1:00:13 PM11/24/09

>such a scurrilous cretin
>it's all about me
>have no life

Will Dockery

Nov 24, 2009, 3:00:52 PM11/24/09
On Nov 23, 8:41 pm, "G&tSP" <gand...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> There are less than
> 1-1/2 billion people in China, and considerably less than half (40%
> maybe?) are women. Not good pickup prospects for a guy at all.

Pretty long distance, besides.

--
"Truck Stop Woman" by Will Dockery & Henry Conley (the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtQEf7bnfs

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Nov 24, 2009, 4:45:26 PM11/24/09

> On Nov 23, 2:17�pm, Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 23, 2:00�pm, Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:

> .

>> > That's all women are to Kluck. Sex objects. He thinks that since
>> > there are like 2 billion Chinese women over there that they'll all
>> > be waiting for him with their legs spread wide.
>>
>> With 2 billion women, a guy could stand to get lucky a time or two...
>> heh.
>
> You would think so... ; )
>
> http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

Too bad Kluckles can't think.

"But that's how it's going to be until until we get some admins killing
trolls. Yes, it's boring. Yes, it's stupid. And yes, I will persist
until the admins act effectively." - Fucknozzle Jr.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 27, 2009, 4:27:15 PM11/27/09
"Saw some blue wildflowers blooming in Seale yesterday... those are
Russian flowers, which /have/ to find a time to bloom, since warmth is
a rare thing there. Wrote the words to my new song about it: "My Pale
Russian Rose". Stay tuned..." -Will Dockery, 2009

Hey, Mallard... I have some solid ideas for the new track you & John
Phillips concocted for me, wasn't ready to "toss it to the wolves"
onstage, yet, more of a track like "She Sleeps Tight" & "Corning
Town", which will take some Luminous Studio craft work.

Title: "My Blue Russian Rose", though that may change slightly, that's
the basics on the riff... gonna be a real Shadowville All-Stars
snapper to close out this amazing year, and repair us for the wild
ride 2010 will be...

--
"She Sleeps Tight", vocals by Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris, guitars by
Brian Mallard. Paintings by George Sulzbach:

Will Dockery

Nov 29, 2009, 2:06:46 PM11/29/09
Meat Plow <m...@petitmorte.net> wrote:
>>the messenjah <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz> posted:

>>>I like the Lennon reference... I'd love to go to China... Meat City...
>
>>That pretty much sums upChuckles.
>>Sees China as a place to get sex.
>
>Not the culture, not the history, not the music, not the
>scenery... None of that....

Well, one must focus on all aspects of the culture of the land.

--
"Waking Up Now" by Dockery, Conley, Madaris & Woolfolk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_Yp-dIPCY

the messenjah

Nov 30, 2009, 9:24:44 AM11/30/09
On Nov 25, 2:30 am, Fred Hall <fkh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 06:25:07 -0800 (PST), the messenjah
>
> <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz> wrote:
> >Kevin Cannon has made a fool of me.  I threatened to kill him, I harassed him at his place of business, but it was all for nought.  He humiliated me by pointing out my pathetic  helplessness and ineptitude
>
> Sucks to be you, eh?

please be obsessed with me... make fun of me... accuse me of heinous
acts i would never think of doing... make fun of my family... my
job... my life... because you know, it's all about me... but you know
what they say... and they do say it... if you are obsessed with
someone's life, chances are you have no life of your own... but don't
let that stop ya... have at it...

http://www.myspace.com/chucklysaght

> >http://i_am_Kevin's_slave/lysaght_teh_kiddie_diddler- Hide quoted text -

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Nov 30, 2009, 3:00:39 PM11/30/09
"G&tSP" <gand...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> There are less than
> 1-1/2 billion people in China, and considerably less than half (40%
> maybe?) are women.

I've met some interesting people so far through MySpaceChina: folk
singers, poets, artists... and even a few sexy women. Over one billion
potential audience members is plenty for me to work with, for now.

Will Dockery

Dec 2, 2009, 2:43:21 PM12/2/09
the messenjah <theguyontheb...@veryfast.biz> wrote:

> please be obsessed with me...

Your biggest fan/slurper, PJR, is back online today, so no doubt the
obsession will continue full-tilt momentarily, Chuck.

--
"Writing is creative lying." -Harlan Ellison said that.

"When cheating is for losers, and playing straight's for fools... you
never know which way to go." -I said that.

From "Black Crow's Brother" by Will Dockery & Gini Woolfolk, now
playing on MySpace & YouTube:

Audio:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxO1RAYTIFA

Will Dockery

Dec 2, 2009, 3:30:18 PM12/2/09
Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:
>Cythera wrote:
> >Peter J Ross <p...@patchword.com> wrote:
>
>> Black Dog
> >> ---------
>
> > Whoa, what a title. Right away I hear Jimmy Page's guitar: dada dada
> > DAda, etc. Love it; I'm on the hook and stay there because I see
> > "Cerberus" below: I can see that black dog; I can see that freakish
> > boat moving inexorably toward me.
>
> Unfortunately, that was not what I meant at all. That was not it at all.

Maybe if you give the poem a more original title you'll avoid that
problem next time?

--
"Writing is creative lying." -Harlan Ellison said that.
"When cheating is for losers, and playing straight's for fools... you
never know which way to go." -I said that.

From "Black Crow's Brother" by Will Dockery & Gini Woolfolk, now

playing on MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Will Dockery

Dec 2, 2009, 3:52:45 PM12/2/09
Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:

> I don't know if it's worth rewriting.

Call it "Houses of the Holy" next time, perhaps?

Pina Colada

Dec 4, 2009, 7:46:37 PM12/4/09
Peter J Ross wrote:
> Black Dog
> ---------

> Cerberus never sleeps
>
> /subridet Cerberus/
>
> between his teeth are heroes' sinews
> and in his midden whole fingers
>
> /irridet Cerberus/
>
> I recognise a perfume, was it yours?
> I asked Ed what he fought for
> and he said literally this earth
>
> /sternuit Cerberus/
>
> the silent, steady skim
> of his master's iron oars
> holds Cerberus a-wait
>
> it won't be long to wait
> not too long to wait

Tonight we dine on the scraps
and pickled bottoms of the underworld.

Will Dockery

Dec 4, 2009, 7:59:05 PM12/4/09
"Orson Wells as CitizenCain" <noem...@here.invalidd> wrote:

> "We know." -Dennis M. Hammes, Litt. D.
>
> Will Dockery is

"I am what I am and that's all that I am." -Popeye

http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Orson Wells as CitizenCain

Dec 6, 2009, 9:19:36 AM12/6/09

> "I am

...an idiot.

"we know."

Will Dockery

Dec 6, 2009, 3:17:24 PM12/6/09
On Dec 6, 9:19 am, "0rson Wells as CitizenCain"
<noem...@here.invalidd> wrote:

> > "I am
>
> ...an idiot.

Anyone who reads your posts knows that you're an idiot, 0rson.

--
"Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Will Dockery

Dec 11, 2009, 6:07:53 PM12/11/09
Shakespeare Sonnet-a-Day

Sonnet #109

CIX.

O, never say that I was false of heart,
Though absence seem'd my flame to qualify.
As easy might I from myself depart
As from my soul, which in thy breast doth lie:
That is my home of love: if I have ranged,
Like him that travels I return again,
Just to the time, not with the time exchanged,
So that myself bring water for my stain.
Never believe, though in my nature reign'd
All frailties that besiege all kinds of blood,
That it could so preposterously be stain'd,
To leave for nothing all thy sum of good;
For nothing this wide universe I call,
Save thou, my rose; in it thou art my all.

-Wm. Shakespeare

Shakespeare Sonnet-a-Day
> Sonnet #98
>
> From you have I been absent in the spring,
> When proud-pied April dress'd in all his trim
> Hath put a spirit of youth in every thing,
> That heavy Saturn laugh'd and leap'd with him.
> Yet nor the lays of birds nor the sweet smell
> Of different flowers in odour and in hue
> Could make me any summer's story tell,
> Or from their proud lap pluck them where they grew;
> Nor did I wonder at the lily's white,
> Nor praise the deep vermilion in the rose;
> They were but sweet, but figures of delight,
> Drawn after you, you pattern of all those.
> Yet seem'd it winter still, and, you away,
> As with your shadow I with these did play.
>
> -William Shakespeare

Will Dockery

Dec 12, 2009, 12:50:00 AM12/12/09
Peter J Ross <p...@example.invalid> wrote:

> Because I failed

"We know." -Dennis M. Hammes, Litt. D.

Will Dockery

Dec 13, 2009, 2:13:37 PM12/13/09
On Nov 23, 8:41 pm, "G&tSP" <gand...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> MP's population estimate is even worse than PJ's. There are less than
> 1-1/2 billion people in China, and considerably less than half (40%
> maybe?) are women. Not good pickup prospects for a guy at all.

Pretty good prospective /audience/, though.

On Dec 13, 11:24 am, rays...@webtv.net (Raymond Speer) wrote:
> This mystery, such as it is, comes from the initial meeting of Norman
> Osbourne's cabal, in which Norm stands next to an open door that leads
> from a basement hall into a cheap basement conference room.
>
> Somebody or something is in that doorway and Norm says that his cabal
> does things his way or else . . . .
>
> Okay, Doom and Loki are present, and they are each immensely powerful
> and exceedingly arrogant, but they say not a word. That indicates they
> recognize the "hidden guest star" and are intimidated by him.
>
> Whaddefook? It cannot be Marvelman, a celebrity from an alternative
> Earth who has never been shown to have a counterpart on Earth 616.

Yes, not that I know very much (or anything, really) about all the
Earths Marvel has concocted over the last few years, but the actual
first appearances of Marvelman (and interestingly, the first place he
was known as Miracleman I know of) in Marvel Comics (UK) had him
quickly killed off, on Earth "238":

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/miracl.htm

"...in 1983 Moore introduced Earth 238, meant to contain counterparts
of British superheroes of the 1950s & 1960s...Marvelman was renamed
Miracleman... [two years before]... Miracleman #1, August 1985..."

[...]

"I have presumed that Miracleman's adventures on Earth 238 mirrored
those of Marvelman in his 1950s & 1960s comic books. Thus, in contrast
to what Moore wrote about Marvelman stories of the 1980s, for the
Miracleman of Earth 238 these adventures actually did take place, and
were not illusions..."

[...]

"...in Secret Defenders #18, Doctor Druid, Anthony Ludgate of Earth
616, revealed that he had used the alias "Guntag Barhelm", who gave
Marvelman his powers. Thus, it can be assumed that Doctor Druid is the
Earth 616 counterpart of Guntag Barthelm, creator of Marvelman..."

Not that this really has anything to do with this Osborne silliness,
but is some fun reading for a Miracleman fan, and certainly could be
some excellent routes for Marvel to take, now that they own the
"golden age" Marvelman stories outright, or so it seems.

> If it had been Marvelman, the scene would have been as follows:
>
> (Loki.) Who art that?
>
> (Doom.) From my extensive inquiries of other dimensions, I believe
> that may be the Plutonian from Earth 1313, an omnipotent super who has
> become a psychopathic mass-murderer on his home reality.
>
> (Osborne.) You're wrong, Dr. Know it All.
>
> (Doom.) Marvel Boy with a haircut? Hank Pym with bleached hair? . . .
> Ah-hah, Flash Thompson!
>
> OSBORNE SNICKERS. NAMOR TRIES TO COOL DOOM DOWN.
>
> (Namor.) Osborne, your little charade is silly and contemptous. Don't
> you know how stupid and pathetic you are to try to play such trivia.
>
> (Namor, to Doom, sotto voice.) Victor, your revved up energy gauntlets
> give me a headache.
>
> DOOM GLARES MALEVOLENTLY.
>
> (Emma Frost.) He sorta resembles Paste Pot Pete, the Trapster. Not that
> I ever spent much time with members of the Frightful Four.
>
> ----- The best suggestion made when I previously asked the question was
> that the Mighty Mystery Man of Might was Stan Lee himself.
>
> But being that this was a Bendis presentation, maybe Mr.
> Super-Duper-Mystery is nothing but that lariat using cowboy who hung out
> in early SPIDER-MANs with a tough partner named Ox and a moustached guy
> with a cheap suit.

Sounds a bit like the gay Rawhide Kid...