RAP/AAPC Galleries going offline

Peter J Ross

Feb 15, 2004, 12:37:55 AM2/15/04
I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
aren't distinguished from competent writers. In fact, I'm tired of
pretending to be a "regular" in newsgroups where 90% of the on-topic
posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC
are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
net.kooks. I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
will be in persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat,
Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
level.

It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!
--
PJR :-)

Jay Hatfield

Feb 15, 2004, 12:53:38 AM2/15/04
<PJR's dreadful woes deleted>

Too much coffee tonight, Peter?

cajun96

Feb 15, 2004, 12:51:56 AM2/15/04

"Peter J Ross" <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message

Peter...don't go. I would miss you too much!

With extremely kind regards,
Elaine
> --
> PJR :-)

Rhyme Runner

Feb 15, 2004, 1:00:54 AM2/15/04

"Peter J Ross" <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message news:c0n0ji.3...@nntp.petitmorte.net...
> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
> aren't distinguished from competent writers.

Competent writers like you?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

> In fact, I'm tired of
> pretending to be a "regular" in newsgroups where 90% of the on-topic
> posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments.

So leave.

> RAP and AAPC
> are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
> net.kooks.

Check out mikey, idiot. Join him in a meltdown.

> I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
> will be in persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat,
> Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
> level.

Yeah right.

You discovered that I think you under the table every time,
plus people actually like my poetry.

Leave anytime.

> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!

Cool, thanks for admitting it.

I called your card long ago.

> --
> PJR :-)

Michael Cook

Feb 15, 2004, 5:07:57 AM2/15/04
Tom Bishop
passing off a bad rewrite of Fern Hill
by Dylan Thomas as his own work.

"Tom Bishop" <ThiefA...@CryBaby.nu> wrote in message

> > When I was young and honey in the mouth
> > of beauty, like a blush of April rain
> > the world was greener. That pear tree would be
> > for us a shelter from the heat, and we
> > made peace with nature there. We found a place
> > that never thought to lie, and only sleeps
> > to dream of harvest in the arms of love.
> >
> > I am still young, though Autumn wearies onward
> > to the snow. The mind of youth looks down
> > at wrinkled seasons of a life, but I
> > will keep that blush we shared under the tree,
> > bright in my mind, the greenness that was you.
> >

> > --
> > Tom Bishop - http://Poetry.Here.Nu
> > The nice thing about bad poetry is that
> > people forget it quickly.

Jethro's Giant Brain

Feb 15, 2004, 7:02:16 AM2/15/04
Peter J Ross <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message news:<c0n0ji.3...@nntp.petitmorte.net>...

Fuck off, you cowardly piece of shit.

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 15, 2004, 7:31:21 AM2/15/04
Peter J Ross wrote:

> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
> aren't distinguished from competent writers.

Then do so, fer chrissake.

--
-------(m+
~/:o)_|

J Rinier

Feb 15, 2004, 7:48:10 AM2/15/04
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:31:21 GMT, "Dennis M. Hammes"
<scraw...@arvig.net> wrote:

>Peter J Ross wrote:
>>
>> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
>> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
>> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
>> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
>> aren't distinguished from competent writers.
>
>Then do so, fer chrissake.

Hear Hear.

I was hoping that you would do so when the first drafts of the site
went up-- after perhaps two or three weeks, I could almost sense your
disgust with the poetasters drooling all over and alongside the
'competent writers' (I may have been projecting) and I imagined you
would either divide the site or eliminate people who suck (myself
included, if you were so inclined; no hard feelings).

But whatever-- do as you like, and enjoy whatever it is you do (fwiw,
I'll probably enjoy what you do, too :)

<snip>

J Rinier

{pardon me piggy, Dennis}

## Writing is a solitary occupation. Family, friends,
and society are the natural enemies of a writer.
He must be alone, uninterrupted, and slightly savage
if he is to sustain and complete an undertaking.

Lawrence Clark Powell ##

Parnell247

Feb 15, 2004, 8:04:19 AM2/15/04
Peter J Ross wrote:

> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
> aren't distinguished from competent writers.

Then do so, fer chrissake.

Hell yea--- Fuck you, ross.

Paul Heslop

Feb 15, 2004, 8:27:58 AM2/15/04
Peter J Ross wrote:

> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> again

Wot them?

--
Paul.
to look at

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 8:49:41 AM2/15/04

"J Rinier" <gotgkSP...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:05ee0f58fc275298...@news.teranews.com...

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:31:21 GMT, "Dennis M. Hammes"
> <scraw...@arvig.net> wrote:
>
> >Peter J Ross wrote:
> >>
> >> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
> >> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
> >> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
> >> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
> >> aren't distinguished from competent writers.
> >
> >Then do so, fer chrissake.
>
> Hear Hear.
>
> I was hoping that you would do so when the first drafts of the site
> went up-- after perhaps two or three weeks, I could almost sense your
> disgust with the poetasters drooling all over and alongside the
> 'competent writers'

"Demarcation" was as lovely as much 'competent' poetry
to me. My taste includes quite well recognized poets, as well as
J Rinier, as well as Dennis Hammes, as well as Jennifer,
as well as Joy twit, even.. etc.

Peter doesn't make my cut, but oh well...

> (I may have been projecting) and I imagined you
> would either divide the site or eliminate people who suck (myself
> included, if you were so inclined; no hard feelings).

I'm sure it is no consolation, but you are in my MDP whether you like it
or not. You don't have a choice. (I will refrain from reposting if you
wish, but you are on my list, probably forever. Which I personally
say isn't a bad thing, but I can't say that it is a good thing, either.)

Isn't it refreshing to see an editor that isn't swayed by any
but his own sense of narcissism and insanity?

I'm still waiting for you to post a bunch, and
I'll tell you which are my favorites.

But no pressure.

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org
"be who thou be"

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 9:12:39 AM2/15/04

"Paul Heslop" <paul....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:402F73DC...@blueyonder.co.uk...

> Peter J Ross wrote:
>

> > It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> > again
>
> Wot them?

Poetry is just a hobby with rocket.
Being a bitter failure consumes most of his time.

Hope you had a nice V-day Paul.

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"Drink more de-cafe!"
- an anonymous friend

Michael Cook

Feb 15, 2004, 11:49:22 AM2/15/04

"Peter J Ross" <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message

Well, that announcement drew the predictable responses (save one).
But the thing is, and there really is no escaping it, who offered to host
the site, who took the time, expended the effort, not for his own gain
rather of that of others? This is the sort of thing that really pisses me
off about people; they do love to bump their gums, love to complain about
the weather.
Another example would be gg, who is it that consistently gives the best
critiques, takes the time.
offers the more insightful comment, the honest comment? Fuckin people,
sit on your hands, piss an moan and do, and do nothing, well, lets not
discount the effort spent searching for the path of least resistance; this
newsgroup is what it is not because of what is said rather because of what
is not!
If I were to get all philosophical about it, here is just a microcosm of
there.
I don't blame you a bit Ross, hell, if just one more doe-eyed dead-head
swoons over
a doggerel piece of garbage I may chuck it all in.
in the mean time and to insure that the thief's, liars, and total nut cases
are excluded
I would be happy to host the site. My new domain is hosted not by me nor
does it have anything to
do with flames as such, it is legit. In fact in the last three years I have
put up three such websites, the first
was centered around the promotion of lesser known poets, the second when I
ran for public office, this last one is for the dissemination of
information. Not that anyone should care what they or me are about but I
felt like typing.

mdc

--
Usenet Valhalla Circle #3
But the day is young

C r y s t a l

Feb 15, 2004, 12:06:01 PM2/15/04
p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net (Peter J Ross) wrote:

>I forget who had the original idea,

I thought it was you?

>but I was the one foolish

voluntarily admitting foolishness, how noble of you Mr.Ross

>enough to volunteer to host the site. I'll save >the material from
>http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/

I would appreciate that! but I understand your point, most of those
people in the regulars seats have died or fell to the wayside. and I do
recall it was created before hell month was over, so in the last 4
months it has went from a good group to an insane droop, I haven't read
anything but tripe and chikkin shit in the last few weeks. so sad, too
bad, time to move on!

>in case somebody wants to take it over,

I would volunteer for that duty, but webtv's don't have the same
technology to host a decent webpage

>but to be honest
>I'm tired of hosting
>a website where
>poetasters aren't
>distinguished from
>competent writers.

yes, and I'm tired of no distinction between the poetress' and poets,
with no keen ability to know one from the other. the beards are the only
giveaway.

>In fact, I'm tired
>of pretending to
>be a "regular" in
>newsgroups

damn, and after all this time, I thought Doc /had/ removed your enema!!
good lord, whats this world cummin to!?!

>where 90% of the
>on-topic posts
>consist of hilarious
>doggerel and inept comments.

got that right

>RAP and AAPC
>are no longer
>of interest to me
>except as sources
>of potential net.kooks.

how sad.

>I'm not going to leave,

how nice(-:

>but my sole interest
>from now on will be
>in persecuting morons
>such as chuckles, pandora,
>Shambat, Tommy,
>and the dozens of others
>who are on their low intellectual level.

and at one time, I thought you were the leader of this so-called cult.
too bad for the wannabees.

>It's unlikely that I'll
>ever make an on-topic
>post in RAP or AAPC again.

the christmas challenge was fun.

>Doing so would be a waste of my time.

really, whyso?

>So killfile me.

sorry, no can do. but thanks for being so willing.

>Bye!

Later!
>--
>PJR :-)

Crystal(-:

--
"My mother said to me, "If you are a soldier, you will become a general.
If you are a monk, you will become the Pope." Instead, I was a painter,

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 12:50:32 PM2/15/04

"C r y s t a l" <chastle_p...@webtv.net> wrote in message news:29686-40...@storefull-3332.bay.webtv.net...

p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net (Peter J Ross) wrote:

>I forget who had the original idea,

I thought it was you?

>but I was the one foolish

voluntarily admitting foolishness, how noble of you Mr.Ross

>enough to volunteer to host the site. I'll save >the material from
>http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/

I would appreciate that! but I understand your point, most of those
people in the regulars seats have died or fell to the wayside. and I do
recall it was created before hell month was over, so in the last 4
months it has went from a good group to an insane droop, I haven't read
anything but tripe and chikkin shit in the last few weeks. so sad, too
bad, time to move on!

### please do, since there has been much good poetry posted.
You apparently have not taste. Did you not see Jennifer's work?
Much DT and GMH and others..

>in case somebody wants to take it over,

I would volunteer for that duty, but webtv's don't have the same
technology to host a decent webpage

### But you sound fundamentally incapable.

>but to be honest
>I'm tired of hosting
>a website where
>poetasters aren't
>distinguished from
>competent writers.

yes, and I'm tired of no distinction between the poetress' and poets,
with no keen ability to know one from the other. the beards are the only
giveaway.

### are you a feminist or something?

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
-- Napoleon Bonaparte

Paul Heslop

Feb 15, 2004, 12:58:19 PM2/15/04
Rim Rhymer wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:402F73DC...@blueyonder.co.uk...
> > Peter J Ross wrote:
> >

> > > It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> > > again
> >
> > Wot them?
>
> Poetry is just a hobby with rocket.
> Being a bitter failure consumes most of his time.
>
> Hope you had a nice V-day Paul.
>
> --

Wot nice day?

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 1:11:29 PM2/15/04

"Paul Heslop" <paul....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:402FB338...@blueyonder.co.uk...

> Rim Rhymer wrote:

> > > Wot them?
> >
> > Poetry is just a hobby with rocket.
> > Being a bitter failure consumes most of his time.
> >
> > Hope you had a nice V-day Paul.
> >
> > --
>
> Wot nice day?

I went to dinner with the slut, and ordered lamb chops again.
Why do I do that?

--
Tom Bishop - http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

The nice thing about bad poetry is that
people forget it quickly.

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 1:21:36 PM2/15/04

> Well, that announcement drew the predictable responses (save one).
> But the thing is, and there really is no escaping it, who offered to host
> the site, who took the time, expended the effort, not for his own gain
> rather of that of others? This is the sort of thing that really pisses me
> off about people; they do love to bump their gums, love to complain about
> the weather.

I feel like that about Dale, yes.
No biggie. I just wouldn't do it for anyone else again.

> Another example would be gg, who is it that consistently gives the best
> critiques, takes the time.
> offers the more insightful comment, the honest comment?

News to me. He just rants at chuckie as far as I can tell.
If what you say is true, his chuckie rants mask anything
valuable that I've seen.

> Fuckin people,
> sit on your hands, piss an moan and do, and do nothing, well, lets not
> discount the effort spent searching for the path of least resistance; this
> newsgroup is what it is not because of what is said rather because of what
> is not!

You are a baby with no self-control at all.

You owe myself and everyone here an apology,
but instead you comiserate with someone who just
gave everyone the finger.

> If I were to get all philosophical about it, here is just a microcosm of
> there.

You are FAR too stupid to ever get philosophical.
You stumble on simple grammar.

Please go fish.

> I don't blame you a bit Ross, hell, if just one more doe-eyed dead-head
> swoons over
> a doggerel piece of garbage I may chuck it all in.

We can but hope.

You never contributed anything, did you?

Oh yes.. numerous childish rants along with theft
and continuing mindless harassment.

> in the mean time and to insure that the thief's, liars, and total nut cases
> are excluded
> I would be happy to host the site.

This is the most ridiculous statement of the week,
bar none.

You want to control it so that you can exclude me and others.

People will give you pictures so you can put them
on fat ladies????

Michael Cook is simply a slime, far worse than a
little plagiarism and bad poetry from chuck.
He is only backing off from me now because
he got shutdown.

"And he thinks he sits on the moral high ground." HA!

If I hadn't complained he would still be melting down,
and largely still is.

> My new domain is hosted not by me nor
> does it have anything to
> do with flames as such, it is legit.

Good, if true, but where is your credibility now?
Nowhere with me.

I'll wait and see.

> In fact in the last three years I have
> put up three such websites, the first
> was centered around the promotion of lesser known poets, the second when I
> ran for public office, this last one is for the dissemination of
> information. Not that anyone should care what they or me are about but I
> felt like typing.

If you keep harassing me on these newsgroup I will continue
to report you. Not that anyone should care how many ISPs you
lose, or that you have no respect of former friends, but I
felt like typing.

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"When it comes to a choice between two evils,
I always choose the one I haven't tried before."
-- Mae West

pandora

Feb 15, 2004, 1:18:14 PM2/15/04

"Peter J Ross" <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message
> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough

A good description of your.

> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
> aren't distinguished from competent writers.

You don't know the difference.

In fact, I'm tired of
> pretending to be a "regular" in

Your pretense never worked.

newsgroups where 90% of the on-topic
> posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC
> are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
> net.kooks.

Since you are the worst net.kook, you should just put your own name up for
all awards.

I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
> will be in persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat,
> Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
> level.

You cannot persecute anyone. You're nothing but boring. You might wish to
take some of your sychophants with you. They're boring too.

> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!

Bye asshole.

Marg

> PJR :-)

Paul Heslop

Feb 15, 2004, 1:19:26 PM2/15/04
Rim Rhymer wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:402FB338...@blueyonder.co.uk...
> > Rim Rhymer wrote:

> > > Poetry is just a hobby with rocket.
> > > Being a bitter failure consumes most of his time.
> > >
> > > Hope you had a nice V-day Paul.
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > Wot nice day?
>
> I went to dinner with the slut, and ordered lamb chops again.
> Why do I do that?
>
> --

LAMB chops? urgh! disgusting things

Michael Cook

Feb 15, 2004, 1:38:16 PM2/15/04
"Tom Bishop" <ThiefA...@CryBaby.nu> wrote in message

> > When I was young and honey in the mouth
> > of beauty, like a blush of April rain
> > the world was greener. That pear tree would be
> > for us a shelter from the heat, and we
> > made peace with nature there. We found a place
> > that never thought to lie, and only sleeps
> > to dream of harvest in the arms of love.
> >
> > I am still young, though Autumn wearies onward
> > to the snow. The mind of youth looks down
> > at wrinkled seasons of a life, but I
> > will keep that blush we shared under the tree,
> > bright in my mind, the greenness that was you.
> >

> > --
> > Tom Bishop - http://Poetry.Here.Nu

> > The nice thing about bad poetry is that
> > people forget it quickly.

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 1:55:36 PM2/15/04

"Paul Heslop" <paul....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:402FB82B...@blueyonder.co.uk...

> Rim Rhymer wrote:

> > > Wot nice day?
> >
> > I went to dinner with the slut, and ordered lamb chops again.
> > Why do I do that?
> >
> > --
>
> LAMB chops? urgh! disgusting things

Mostly fat and bone. Where's the beef?

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"When I'm famous, I won't forget the little people.
Whoever they are..." -- Dale Houstman

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 1:57:05 PM2/15/04

> Bye asshole.

No gold sore for rocket this week, I guess?

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
--Philip K. Dick

Michael Cook

Feb 15, 2004, 1:56:26 PM2/15/04

"Rim Rhymer" <Bl...@TheVictory666.Com> wrote in message

> "Paul Heslop" <paul....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Peter J Ross wrote:
> >

>> Hope you had a nice V-day Paul.

Tom Bishop wishing a former poster "a nice day"

" I once knew a crapper named Beth
who vomited up until death.
The stink followed flows
of the sewer that grows
out of RAP's most illustrious breath."

Peter J Ross

Feb 15, 2004, 3:46:12 PM2/15/04

To be fair, I don't remember many complaints about the site, and it
required very little effort to create and maintain.

> Another example would be gg, who is it that consistently gives the
> best critiques, takes the time. offers the more insightful comment,
> the honest comment?

It's almost impossible to critique a poem after Gary's commented on
it, because he's usually said everything that needs to be said.

> Fuckin people, sit on your hands, piss an moan and do, and do
> nothing, well, lets not discount the effort spent searching for the
> path of least resistance; this newsgroup is what it is not because
> of what is said rather because of what is not! If I were to get
> all philosophical about it, here is just a microcosm of there.
>
> I don't blame you a bit Ross, hell, if just one more doe-eyed
> dead-head swoons over a doggerel piece of garbage I may chuck it
> all in.

Three years ago bad writers who showed no interest in improving were
hounded out of AAPC by a pack of regulars, and largely ignored in
RAP. Now the bad writers have formed their own pack and spend their
time telling each other how wonderful they are and yapping at the
heels of anybody who writes better than they do. I don't think they
can be driven away now, and their presence is likely to make AAPC and
RAP unappealing to anybody with a serious interest in poetry. I think
the decline is now irreversible. For me, these newsgroups now provide
exactly the same kind of fun as soc.men: almost every post contains
some idiocy or other that can be laughed at. As I said, that's the
only reason I'm still here.

> in the mean time and to insure that the thief's, liars, and total
> nut cases are excluded I would be happy to host the site. My new
> domain is hosted not by me nor does it have anything to do with
> flames as such, it is legit.

Good luck. If you want the files from my site I can zip them up and
send them to you.

> In fact in the last three years I have put up three such websites,
> the first was centered around the promotion of lesser known poets,
> the second when I ran for public office, this last one is for the
> dissemination of information. Not that anyone should care what
> they or me are about but I felt like typing.

It's a lot more interesting than hearing about Tommy's latest scheme
to get rich quick illegally.
--
PJR :-)

(Remove NOSPAM to reply)

Peter J Ross

Feb 15, 2004, 4:04:41 PM2/15/04
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:18:14 -0800, pandora wrote:

> "Peter J Ross" <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message
>> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish
>> enough
>
> A good description of your.

Of my what? My ability to construct sentences better than you?

>> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
>> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to
>> take it over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website
>> where poetasters aren't distinguished from competent writers.
>
> You don't know the difference.

You presumably imagine yourself to be one of the competent writers.
The problem with this delusion is that it leaves you committed to
making absurd claims about the competence of others. Your credibility
finally reached zero when you started claiming that Gary Gamble was a
less competent writer than you.

>> In fact, I'm tired of pretending to be a "regular" in
>
> Your pretense never worked.

On the contrary: it wasn't a pretence at all until RAP and AAPC
degenerated into groups where self-admiring doggerel-merchants like
you were in the majority. As long as both groups were poetry groups
where idiots and kooks popped up occasionally to be laughed at, I was
happy to be called a regular. Now that they've become groups where
idiots pat each other on the back unchecked and kooks are almost as
numerous as in soc.men or alt.astrology, I'd much rather be called a
troll.

>> newsgroups where 90% of the on-topic posts consist of hilarious
>> doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC are no longer of
>> interest to me except as sources of potential net.kooks.
>
> Since you are the worst net.kook, you should just put your own name
> up for all awards.

Feel free to nominate me for the award of your choice.

>> I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on will be in
>> persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat, Tommy, and
>> the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual level.
>
> You cannot persecute anyone.

Your whiny rant suggests otherwise.

> You're nothing but boring.

That explains why you're replying to me, of course.

> You might wish to take some of your sychophants with you.

You mean the people who can spell words like "sycophant"?

> They're boring too.

The definition of boring people seems to be "people to whom pandora
is unable to resist replying".

>> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
>> again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!
>
> Bye asshole.

Did you always have missing-comma disease or did you catch it as a
result of your close association with chuckles?

Peter J Ross

Feb 15, 2004, 2:53:01 PM2/15/04
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:48:10 GMT, J Rinier wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:31:21 GMT, "Dennis M. Hammes"
> <scraw...@arvig.net> wrote:
>
>> Peter J Ross wrote:
>>>
>>> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish
>>> enough to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
>>> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to
>>> take it over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website
>>> where poetasters aren't distinguished from competent writers.
>>
>> Then do so, fer chrissake.
>
> Hear Hear.
>
> I was hoping that you would do so when the first drafts of the site
> went up-- after perhaps two or three weeks, I could almost sense
> your disgust with the poetasters drooling all over and alongside
> the 'competent writers' (I may have been projecting)

I grew rather tired of reading the idiots' boasts about how they were
included in the gallery alongside people who could write.

> and I imagined you would either divide the site or eliminate people
> who suck (myself included, if you were so inclined; no hard
> feelings).

I thought about it, but the original idea was to have a site where
anybody could contribute who had been posting for a while and hadn't
stolen anything. A site that purported to distinguish between good
writers and bad would merely have been ammunition for the flamewars,
unless it was run by somebody who never flamed anybody.

> But whatever-- do as you like, and enjoy whatever it is you do
> (fwiw, I'll probably enjoy what you do, too :)

I'll certainly have more fun if I no longer have to be neutral about
certain posters.

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 5:07:31 PM2/15/04

> I'll certainly have more fun if I no longer have to be neutral about
> certain posters.

Are you going to tear a new asshole in Usenet poetry,
pucker-boy?

"no longer neutral"...

This means you will be even more obnoxious than usual?

You are really taking a dive with mikey, eh?

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
-- Napoleon Bonaparte

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 5:18:22 PM2/15/04

> To be fair, I don't remember many complaints about the site, and it
> required very little effort to create and maintain.

(ugly) Stark pictures on puke green.

What's to not like?

Some of the women were cute, but puke green. hmm..

> > Another example would be gg, who is it that consistently gives the
> > best critiques, takes the time. offers the more insightful comment,
> > the honest comment?
>
> It's almost impossible to critique a poem after Gary's commented on
> it, because he's usually said everything that needs to be said.

He needs a new marketing dept.

I assumed he was nothing but a chuckie heckler.

> As I said, that's the
> only reason I'm still here.

Who gives a damn. You are a kook, and have been from the start.
Now everyone will see what I've know all along.

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"be who thou be"
-- aapc/rap resident clown

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 5:20:37 PM2/15/04

> > Your pretense never worked.
>
> On the contrary:

..no contrary.

You were a kook from the start. A wittle baby
with wet diapers.

Killfiles were made for idiots like you.

Thank god you don't morph like me.

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns;
he should be drawn and quoted." --Fred Allen

jn...@webtv.net

Feb 15, 2004, 6:44:19 PM2/15/04

what does "low intellectual level" mean......?. I don't like the sound
of that....
~
and besides where are the alt.binaries.pictures.nude.poets.female

~
jn

Jethro's Giant Brain

Feb 15, 2004, 6:55:27 PM2/15/04
"Michael Cook" <cook36...@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<c0o7rm$19iltp$1...@ID-206016.news.uni-berlin.de>...

I'm waiting for Tom to make you jump out of a window.

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 9:47:38 PM2/15/04

> I'm waiting for Tom to make you jump out of a window.

That doesn't happen until episode 27, just after I send
aliens to gap and gauge his cloaca.

J Rinier

Feb 15, 2004, 9:46:25 PM2/15/04

As long as the poem is unaltered and properly credited to me, I don't
see any reason to get in a huff about you reposting it to Usenet.
Print a copy for yourself, if you'd like. Of course I retain all
copyrights. You can't make a penny from it until we work out the
method for dividing the millions :-)

I don't see why we should let your freakish behavior get in the way of
good press.

>Isn't it refreshing to see an editor that isn't swayed by any
>but his own sense of narcissism and insanity?

I prefer editors that sniff the soil in their dead plants all day.
Root rot has an odd, acidic odor, you know.

>I'm still waiting for you to post a bunch, and
>I'll tell you which are my favorites.
>
>But no pressure.

Pressure is afraid of me.

J Rinier

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 10:29:51 PM2/15/04

> As long as the poem is unaltered and properly credited to me, I don't
> see any reason to get in a huff about you reposting it to Usenet.

I wouldn't think so.

My only agenda would be to properly credit you
and update it if you revise.

(of course with revision there is a slight chance
that it will drop out of MDP.. )

> Print a copy for yourself, if you'd like. Of course I retain all
> copyrights.

Of course. I was NEVER unclear about this, as some people
assert.

> You can't make a penny from it until we work out the
> method for dividing the millions :-)

I'll be lucky if Peter or Mikey doesn't have Newsfeeds
shut it down.

It seems there is a vast difference between stealing my picture
simply to humiliate me, and me promoting good poetry on Usenet
but kook logic is what it is.

Horatio

Feb 15, 2004, 11:15:42 PM2/15/04

"Peter J Ross" <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message
> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
> to volunteer to host the site.

It was me, actually, in a long forgotten moment of frivolity.

> I'll save the material from
> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
> aren't distinguished from competent writers.

This (pleasantly) reminds me of Martijn's Poetic Hierarchy with the "Black
pit of Illiteracy" or whatever he called it.

>In fact, I'm tired of
> pretending to be a "regular" in newsgroups where 90% of the on-topic
> posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC
> are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
> net.kooks. I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
> will be in persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat,
> Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
> level.
>
> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!

Well, it is an inevitable knock on the coffin door, I'm afraid.

Catch-22, really: There is no sense posting poetry as there are really only
1 or 2 people left commenting with anything interesting to say (yes, if your
main contribution sounds like "this moved me" or "I liked this" or "another
good one" there is a good chance you and your opinions are entirely
disposable) and there really isn't much sense commenting on the one or 2
cliche-filled monstrosities that pass through as the authors really don't
listen anyway.

oh well.

Fun while it lasted, hey?

-H

> --
> PJR :-)

Rim Rhymer

Feb 15, 2004, 11:43:41 PM2/15/04

> and there really isn't much sense commenting on the one or 2
> cliche-filled monstrosities that pass through as the authors really don't
> listen anyway.

So use them for trampolines.

> oh well.
>
> Fun while it lasted, hey?

Still is.

There is poetry thru here all the time.

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways
that won't work." - Thomas Alva Edison

Bindi

Feb 15, 2004, 11:58:44 PM2/15/04

I am hanging onto a bootstrap.
Want to help me pull?

>> --
>> PJR :-)

Bindi
who has breath to waste.

-------------------------
www.slingshot.to/Bindi
-------------------------

Michael Cook

Feb 16, 2004, 1:42:07 AM2/16/04

"Peter J Ross" <gad...@NOSPAMmeow.org> wrote in message

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:49:22 -0500, Michael Cook wrote:
>

> > Well, that announcement drew the predictable responses (save one).
> > But the thing is, and there really is no escaping it, who offered
> > to host the site, who took the time, expended the effort, not for
> > his own gain rather of that of others? This is the sort of thing
> > that really pisses me off about people; they do love to bump their
> > gums, love to complain about the weather.
>
> To be fair, I don't remember many complaints about the site, and it
> required very little effort to create and maintain.

I was speaking metaphorically

> > Another example would be gg, who is it that consistently gives the
> > best critiques, takes the time. offers the more insightful comment,
> > the honest comment?
>
> It's almost impossible to critique a poem after Gary's commented on
> it, because he's usually said everything that needs to be said.
>
> > Fuckin people, sit on your hands, piss an moan and do, and do
> > nothing, well, lets not discount the effort spent searching for the
> > path of least resistance; this newsgroup is what it is not because
> > of what is said rather because of what is not! If I were to get
> > all philosophical about it, here is just a microcosm of there.
> >
> > I don't blame you a bit Ross, hell, if just one more doe-eyed
> > dead-head swoons over a doggerel piece of garbage I may chuck it
> > all in.
>
> Three years ago bad writers who showed no interest in improving were
> hounded out of AAPC by a pack of regulars, and largely ignored in
> RAP. Now the bad writers have formed their own pack and spend their
> time telling each other how wonderful they are and yapping at the
> heels of anybody who writes better than they do. I don't think they
> can be driven away now, and their presence is likely to make AAPC and
> RAP unappealing to anybody with a serious interest in poetry. I think
> the decline is now irreversible. For me, these newsgroups now provide
> exactly the same kind of fun as soc.men: almost every post contains
> some idiocy or other that can be laughed at. As I said, that's the
> only reason I'm still here.

I think you correct in your assessment of the current state of affairs

> > in the mean time and to insure that the thief's, liars, and total
> > nut cases are excluded I would be happy to host the site. My new
> > domain is hosted not by me nor does it have anything to do with
> > flames as such, it is legit.
>
> Good luck. If you want the files from my site I can zip them up and
> send them to you.

Never mind

> > In fact in the last three years I have put up three such websites,
> > the first was centered around the promotion of lesser known poets,
> > the second when I ran for public office, this last one is for the
> > dissemination of information. Not that anyone should care what
> > they or me are about but I felt like typing.
>
> It's a lot more interesting than hearing about Tommy's latest scheme
> to get rich quick illegally.

Only marginally

Paul Heslop

Feb 16, 2004, 4:29:04 AM2/16/04
Rim Rhymer wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:402FB82B...@blueyonder.co.uk...
> > Rim Rhymer wrote:

> > > I went to dinner with the slut, and ordered lamb chops again.
> > > Why do I do that?
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > LAMB chops? urgh! disgusting things
> >

> Mostly fat and bone. Where's the beef?
>
> --

or the pork

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 16, 2004, 6:30:49 AM2/16/04
J Rinier wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:31:21 GMT, "Dennis M. Hammes"
> <scraw...@arvig.net> wrote:
>
> >Peter J Ross wrote:
> >>
> >> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
> >> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from

> >> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
> >> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
> >> aren't distinguished from competent writers.
> >
> >Then do so, fer chrissake.
>
> Hear Hear.
>
> I was hoping that you would do so when the first drafts of the site
> went up-- after perhaps two or three weeks, I could almost sense your
> disgust with the poetasters drooling all over and alongside the
> 'competent writers' (I may have been projecting) and I imagined you

> would either divide the site or eliminate people who suck (myself
> included, if you were so inclined; no hard feelings).
>
> But whatever-- do as you like, and enjoy whatever it is you do (fwiw,
> I'll probably enjoy what you do, too :)

What he said, and thank you for what you /did/ do.
(Hell, /we/ ain't payin' for it.)

> <snip>
>
> J Rinier
>
> {pardon me piggy, Dennis}

Depends entirely on where you try to put it, dunnit?

--
-------(m+
~/:o)_|

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 16, 2004, 6:34:17 AM2/16/04
Rim Rhymer wrote:

> > As long as the poem is unaltered and properly credited to me, I don't
> > see any reason to get in a huff about you reposting it to Usenet.
>
> I wouldn't think so.
>
> My only agenda would be to properly credit you
> and update it if you revise.

Not part of the protocol.
(Hell, you gotta leave /something/ for the next generation to get
their Doctorates in...)

<crapsnip>

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 16, 2004, 7:26:28 AM2/16/04
Peter J Ross wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:48:10 GMT, J Rinier wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:31:21 GMT, "Dennis M. Hammes"
> > <scraw...@arvig.net> wrote:

> >> Then do so, fer chrissake.
> >
> > Hear Hear.
> >
> > I was hoping that you would do so when the first drafts of the site
> > went up-- after perhaps two or three weeks, I could almost sense
> > your disgust with the poetasters drooling all over and alongside
> > the 'competent writers' (I may have been projecting)
>
> I grew rather tired of reading the idiots' boasts about how they were
> included in the gallery alongside people who could write.

No different from their use of the terms "workshop" or "Creative
Writing course" or "little magazine" or "Class of '42" or "Haavid."
"The poor ye shall always have with ye."

> > and I imagined you would either divide the site or eliminate people
> > who suck (myself included, if you were so inclined; no hard
> > feelings).
>
> I thought about it, but the original idea was to have a site where
> anybody could contribute who had been posting for a while and hadn't
> stolen anything. A site that purported to distinguish between good
> writers and bad would merely have been ammunition for the flamewars,
> unless it was run by somebody who never flamed anybody.

Etc.
Besides, it isn't /usually/ kosher to crit "a poet" /per se/ until
one can crit his /Collected Works/.
Which means, in the usual case and generally before anything else,
that he's /dead/ (however certain professional critics do precisely
this to the /living/, a man's "Collected Works" /always/ being
"everything he's written to date").
But we have only a couple of dead posters around here, and
everybody knows who they are, anyway.

> > But whatever-- do as you like, and enjoy whatever it is you do
> > (fwiw, I'll probably enjoy what you do, too :)
>
> I'll certainly have more fun if I no longer have to be neutral about
> certain posters.

It is, of cuss, kosher to crit out-of-meeting /anybody/ who only
came to pee on the subject whether he knew that to be his purpose or
not.
But anybody who actually tries to write, however poorly, /can/ be
acknowledged for what he /does/ manage. And perhaps be remarked for
what he refuses to attempt.
I don't recall that any purposive trolls got into the gallery in
the first place, but a Rougue's Gallery might be of interest in the
way some species of flatworms are said to be even to those who
aren't using them for research.

> --
> PJR :-)
>
> (Remove NOSPAM to reply)

In any case, rap/aapc are among the new "littles," and "littles" are
always /prepublication/ in the artistic sense as well as
"publication in the legal sense."
And an editor can /always/ do a critical essay on a writer.
And we are /all/ editors and publishers of this oddball newfangled
paper we publish on.
The Gallery is /your/ little magazine, to which we sent stuff for
publication. That it is strictly referent to another little (or
two) can be used or ignored.

Milo T Briggs

Feb 16, 2004, 7:30:47 AM2/16/04
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 04:15:42 GMT, "Horatio" <qwer...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Peter J Ross" <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message
>>

>> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
>> again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!
>
>Well, it is an inevitable knock on the coffin door, I'm afraid.
>
>Catch-22, really: There is no sense posting poetry as there are really only
>1 or 2 people left commenting with anything interesting to say (yes, if your
>main contribution sounds like "this moved me" or "I liked this" or "another
>good one" there is a good chance you and your opinions are entirely
>disposable) and there really isn't much sense commenting on the one or 2
>cliche-filled monstrosities that pass through as the authors really don't
>listen anyway.
>
>oh well.
>
>Fun while it lasted, hey?
>
>-H

I think you all have given up way too easily. A concentrated effort
not to feed the Evil Triad of Dockery, Bishop, and Chuck could restore
the poetry newsgroups back to good health in no time. Killfile them
and ignore them. Quit feeding the trolls. Don't respond to them. Don't
create web sites about them. Don't discuss them in other threads. Just
pretend they don't exist. When they start popping up with new names in
a desperate ploy to get attention, keep on ignoring them. They'll
leave if you all quit paying attention to them. And once they're
gone, people will start posting poetry again.

Milo T Briggs

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 16, 2004, 7:28:31 AM2/16/04
Rim Rhymer wrote:

> > I'll certainly have more fun if I no longer have to be neutral about
> > certain posters.
>
> Are you going to tear a new asshole in Usenet poetry,
> pucker-boy?
>
> "no longer neutral"...
>
> This means you will be even more obnoxious than usual?
>
> You are really taking a dive with mikey, eh?
>
> --
> Tom Bishop

Heh. This pome has rather perfectly captured the voice and
arguments of a fourth-grader "talking" on the playground to an
eighth-grader, but it really needs just a tad more description of
the milieu.

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 16, 2004, 7:37:03 AM2/16/04
Paul Heslop wrote:

> Peter J Ross wrote:
>

> > It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> > again
>
> Wot them?
>
> --
> Paul.

I wit the water wot the what it wet.

(All "w" words in that angel have the same root: that for Water
in the Elemental sense of dissolving things, "the love that
learns." The parts of speech in the case are indicated by
inflection, according to a system we no longer use however we've
kept the words -- /and/ the 36 resulting vowels.)

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 16, 2004, 7:37:59 AM2/16/04
Rim Rhymer wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:402F73DC...@blueyonder.co.uk...
> > Peter J Ross wrote:
> >

> > > It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> > > again
> >
> > Wot them?
>
> Poetry is just a hobby with rocket.
> Being a bitter failure consumes most of his time.

Well, you'd know best about that, yes, but not necessarily about
/him/.

> Hope you had a nice V-day Paul.
>
> --

> Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

> "Drink more de-cafe!"
> - an anonymous friend

> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
> ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 16, 2004, 7:41:56 AM2/16/04
Paul Heslop wrote:

> Rim Rhymer wrote:

> > > Wot them?
> >
> > Poetry is just a hobby with rocket.
> > Being a bitter failure consumes most of his time.
> >
> > Hope you had a nice V-day Paul.
> >
> > --
>
> Wot nice day?
>
> --
> Paul.

I don't see that the preterite makes sense here.
The present, "wit," or the ppl, "wet," perhaps.
Even the accusative, "wat" ("what," "wut"), as the day that was
wet to be "nice."
(Is it any wonder nobody can write /Beowulf/ any more?)

Malted Bevis

Feb 16, 2004, 8:05:26 AM2/16/04

> I think you all have given up way too easily. A concentrated effort
> not to feed the Evil Triad of Dockery, Bishop, and Chuck could restore
> the poetry newsgroups back to good health in no time. Killfile them
> and ignore them.

Cool, except I wouldn't include myself, of course.

You might wind up in the list.

> Quit feeding the trolls.

Personally, I'm full of it.

> Don't respond to them. Don't
> create web sites about them.

This sounds good.

> Don't discuss them in other threads. Just
> pretend they don't exist. When they start popping up with new names in
> a desperate ploy to get attention, keep on ignoring them. They'll
> leave if you all quit paying attention to them. And once they're
> gone, people will start posting poetry again.

You are a blind fool if you can't see the poetry I'm posting,
both my own and others.

You on the other hand, say nothing worth reading.

Do you?

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

Poetry is what gets lost in translation.
-- Robert Frost

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 16, 2004, 8:03:53 AM2/16/04
Michael Cook wrote:

> "Peter J Ross" <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message
> > I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
> > to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
> > http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
> > over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
> > aren't distinguished from competent writers. In fact, I'm tired of

> > pretending to be a "regular" in newsgroups where 90% of the on-topic
> > posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC
> > are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
> > net.kooks. I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
> > will be in persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat,
> > Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
> > level.
> >
> > It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> > again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!
> > --
> > PJR :-)

> Well, that announcement drew the predictable responses (save one).
> But the thing is, and there really is no escaping it, who offered to host
> the site, who took the time, expended the effort, not for his own gain
> rather of that of others? This is the sort of thing that really pisses me
> off about people; they do love to bump their gums, love to complain about
> the weather.
> Another example would be gg, who is it that consistently gives the best
> critiques, takes the time.
> offers the more insightful comment, the honest comment? Fuckin people,

> sit on your hands, piss an moan and do, and do nothing, well, lets not
> discount the effort spent searching for the path of least resistance; this
> newsgroup is what it is not because of what is said rather because of what
> is not!
> If I were to get all philosophical about it, here is just a microcosm of
> there.
> I don't blame you a bit Ross, hell, if just one more doe-eyed dead-head
> swoons over
> a doggerel piece of garbage I may chuck it all in.
> in the mean time and to insure that the thief's, liars, and total nut cases
> are excluded
> I would be happy to host the site. My new domain is hosted not by me nor
> does it have anything to
> do with flames as such, it is legit. In fact in the last three years I have

> put up three such websites, the first
> was centered around the promotion of lesser known poets, the second when I
> ran for public office, this last one is for the dissemination of
> information. Not that anyone should care what they or me are about but I
> felt like typing.
>
> mdc
>
> --
> Usenet Valhalla Circle #3
> But the day is young

What he said. Maybe even the way he said it.
But.
"The primary duty of a writer is to write."
SCREW the Babies who assert their Powowers by "refusing" to pay
for it (for anything) because "nobody kin Make them."
The Babies don't fuken run things around here.
The Babies DO NOT inherit civilisation.
The Babies inherit the /ruins/ of civilisation.
(Beginning with themselves.)
And they can't fuken even afford its /heating bill/.
Think of it as natural selection in action.
In the meantime, if the dog wants to pee on the paper I'm writing
on, I can
a. write around -- incl about -- the piss;
b. shoot the dawg;
c. leave and write somewhere else;
d. quit writing and wipe the dawg.
For "dawg," read "Baby." "Something between a house pet and a
feral animal."
For "shoot," read "the choice of time, place, and weapons for the
response is entirely mine."
In the meantime, you cannot call yourself a soldier if you run,
nor a writer if you don't write.
And a man who writes what somebody else tells him to write is a
/scribe/, a fuken CLERK.
Now, if no reader resurrects me because he's too fuken busy
selling his freedom for a McHappy Meal or eating his sister, fukin
/I/ won't fuken know it.
I'll "be" /dead/.
Some fuken "threat."
Thirty-one forms of the verb "to be," and the fuken Babies can't
use a single one of 'em correctly.
And "writing" is otherwise known as "target acquisition."
Now.
Who fuken thinks a fuken /Baby/ can fuken /shoot/ any fuken
better'n he can fuken /write/?

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 16, 2004, 8:13:23 AM2/16/04
Rim Rhymer wrote:

> > I'm waiting for Tom to make you jump out of a window.
>
> That doesn't happen until episode 27, just after I send
> aliens to gap and gauge his cloaca.

Whereas I send the aliens to GAP and gauge the resulting faggots.
Isn't it funny, how faggots gather /themselves/ together?
Isn't it funny, how that parable /misdirected/ the Babies by
saying "gather them into faggots," when in fact it was the /wheat/
that was /gathered/ -- and into faggots as well?
"Ha-ha, ho-ho, he-he."

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 16, 2004, 8:21:42 AM2/16/04
Bindi wrote:

> Horatio wrote:

> > oh well.
> >
> > Fun while it lasted, hey?
> >
> > -H
>
> I am hanging onto a bootstrap.
> Want to help me pull?

You mean it won't do, to help you heave?

Paul Heslop

Feb 16, 2004, 10:01:03 AM2/16/04
"Dennis M. Hammes" wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> >
> > Rim Rhymer wrote:

> > > Poetry is just a hobby with rocket.
> > > Being a bitter failure consumes most of his time.
> > >
> > > Hope you had a nice V-day Paul.
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > Wot nice day?
> >
> > --
> > Paul.
>
> I don't see that the preterite makes sense here.
> The present, "wit," or the ppl, "wet," perhaps.
> Even the accusative, "wat" ("what," "wut"), as the day that was
> wet to be "nice."
> (Is it any wonder nobody can write /Beowulf/ any more?)

It's a 'wot, no beef?'

Paul Heslop

Feb 16, 2004, 10:01:28 AM2/16/04
"Dennis M. Hammes" wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> >
> > Peter J Ross wrote:
> >

> > > It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> > > again
> >
> > Wot them?
> >
> > --
> > Paul.
>
> I wit the water wot the what it wet.
>
> (All "w" words in that angel have the same root: that for Water
> in the Elemental sense of dissolving things, "the love that
> learns." The parts of speech in the case are indicated by
> inflection, according to a system we no longer use however we've
> kept the words -- /and/ the 36 resulting vowels.)
> --

wat whet whater?

Malted Bevis

Feb 16, 2004, 11:26:11 AM2/16/04

"Paul Heslop" <paul....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:4030DB45...@blueyonder.co.uk...

> "Dennis M. Hammes" wrote:
>
> > Paul Heslop wrote:

> > > Wot them?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Paul.
> >
> > I wit the water wot the what it wet.
> >
> > (All "w" words in that angel have the same root: that for Water
> > in the Elemental sense of dissolving things, "the love that
> > learns." The parts of speech in the case are indicated by
> > inflection, according to a system we no longer use however we've
> > kept the words -- /and/ the 36 resulting vowels.)
> > --
>
> wat whet whater?

Add soap, it makes the water fatter.

Paul Heslop

Feb 16, 2004, 12:59:53 PM2/16/04
Malted Bevis wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:4030DB45...@blueyonder.co.uk...

> > > I wit the water wot the what it wet.
> > >
> > > (All "w" words in that angel have the same root: that for Water
> > > in the Elemental sense of dissolving things, "the love that
> > > learns." The parts of speech in the case are indicated by
> > > inflection, according to a system we no longer use however we've
> > > kept the words -- /and/ the 36 resulting vowels.)
> > > --
> >
> > wat whet whater?
>
> Add soap, it makes the water fatter.

and more slippery apparently

jn...@webtv.net

Feb 16, 2004, 1:37:45 PM2/16/04
sure, ross goes around and calls people "morons" ...what does he
expect....moron yourself......so he's going to take his football and go
home.....

~
jn

Malted Bevis

Feb 16, 2004, 3:45:55 PM2/16/04

"Paul Heslop" <paul....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:40310516...@blueyonder.co.uk...

> Malted Bevis wrote:

> > > wat whet whater?
> >
> > Add soap, it makes the water fatter.
> >

> and more slippery apparently

They say /less tense/ but it is only on the surface.

Water really needs to relax more and come out of the closet.

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"So many women, so few hatboxes."
-- Dale Houstman

Peter J Ross

Feb 16, 2004, 4:12:22 PM2/16/04
On 15 Feb 2004 15:55:27 -0800, Jethro's Giant Brain wrote:

> "Michael Cook" <cook36...@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<c0o7rm$19iltp$1...@ID-206016.news.uni-berlin.de>...

>> "Peter J Ross" <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message
>>> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
>>> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
>>> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
>>> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
>>> aren't distinguished from competent writers. In fact, I'm tired of
>>> pretending to be a "regular" in newsgroups where 90% of the on-topic
>>> posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC
>>> are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
>>> net.kooks. I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
>>> will be in persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat,
>>> Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
>>> level.
>>>

>>> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC

> I'm waiting for Tom to make you jump out of a window.

I hope you're holding your breath until it happens.
--
PJR :-)

The Chuckles Lysaght Plagiarism Mini-FAQ:
http://www.insurgent.org/~pjr/faqs/lysaght.html
More about Chuckles:
http://www.insurgent.org/~alcatroll/Kooks/KOTM08.html

(Remove NOSPAM to reply)

Paul Heslop

Feb 16, 2004, 5:52:41 PM2/16/04
Malted Bevis wrote:

It would be flushed with success

Malted Bevis

Feb 16, 2004, 6:18:00 PM2/16/04

"Paul Heslop" <paul....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:403149B6...@blueyonder.co.uk...

O2H?

Malted Bevis

Feb 16, 2004, 6:20:50 PM2/16/04
I'm only waiting to put you back in my killfile.

I took you out because you were flexing about
copyright violation.

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
-- Napoleon Bonaparte

Paul Heslop

Feb 16, 2004, 6:18:28 PM2/16/04
Malted Bevis wrote:

?retaw

Bindi

Feb 16, 2004, 6:28:24 PM2/16/04
Dennis M. Hammes wrote:
> Bindi wrote:
>>
>> Horatio wrote:
>>>
>>> oh well.
>>>
>>> Fun while it lasted, hey?
>>>
>>> -H
>>
>> I am hanging onto a bootstrap.
>> Want to help me pull?
>
> You mean it won't do, to help you heave?

Yep! It'll help.
But only if you promise to hold my forehead.
:-)
--

Bindi
-------------------------

Horatio

Feb 16, 2004, 8:43:13 PM2/16/04

<jn...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Well, it is his football and you have no balls to speak of, what do you
expect?

-H

Peter J Ross

Feb 16, 2004, 9:56:32 PM2/16/04
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:37:59 GMT, Dennis M. Hammes wrote:

> Rim Rhymer wrote:

>>> Wot them?
>>
>> Poetry is just a hobby with rocket.

Indeed. I currently have a line going through my head, consisting of
"You can't buy good mahogany these days." One of the problems with
this line is that I'd naturally treat the word "mahogany" as three
syllables rather than four, since it's pronounced more quickly than a
true tetrasyllabic word, and altering the line in order to make
"mahogany" trisyllabic would have consequences for the rhythms in the
rest of the poem. ... but what's the use? I lost Tommy as soon as I
made him look up the difficult word "currently" at dictionary.com.

>> Being a bitter failure consumes most of his time.

I also make time for being the kettle that certain pots accuse of not
being as shiny as they are.

[appy-polly-loggies for the piggywiggyback, droog Hammes.]

Peter J Ross

Feb 16, 2004, 9:41:41 PM2/16/04
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 02:46:25 GMT, J Rinier wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 05:49:41 -0800, "Rim Rhymer"
> <Bl...@TheVictory666.Com> wrote:
>
>> "J Rinier" <gotgkSP...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Hear Hear.
>>>
>>> I was hoping that you would do so when the first drafts of the
>>> site went up-- after perhaps two or three weeks, I could almost
>>> sense your disgust with the poetasters drooling all over and
>>> alongside the 'competent writers'
>>

>> "Demarcation" was as lovely as much 'competent' poetry to me. My
>> taste includes quite well recognized poets, as well as J Rinier,
>> as well as Dennis Hammes, as well as Jennifer, as well as Joy
>> twit, even.. etc.
>>
>> Peter doesn't make my cut, but oh well...

Translation: "Peter might sue my frequently-penetrated arse off if I
tried stealing anything of his, so I'm scared."

>>> (I may have been projecting) and I imagined you would either

>>> divide the site or eliminate people who suck (myself included, if
>>> you were so inclined; no hard feelings).
>>

>> I'm sure it is no consolation, but you are in my MDP whether you
>> like it or not. You don't have a choice. (I will refrain from
>> reposting if you wish, but you are on my list, probably forever.
>> Which I personally say isn't a bad thing, but I can't say that it
>> is a good thing, either.)

> As long as the poem is unaltered and properly credited to me, I
> don't see any reason to get in a huff about you reposting it to
> Usenet.

Isn't the opportunity to fuck with Tommy's tiny brain sufficient
reason?

Peter J Ross

Feb 16, 2004, 10:03:59 PM2/16/04
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 04:15:42 GMT, Horatio wrote:

> "Peter J Ross" <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message

>> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish
>> enough to volunteer to host the site.
>

> It was me, actually, in a long forgotten moment of frivolity.

Yes, and now you're posting again. Don't think your absence was
unnoticed.

>> I'll save the material from http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in
>> case somebody wants to take it over, but to be honest I'm tired of
>> hosting a website where poetasters aren't distinguished from
>> competent writers.
>

> This (pleasantly) reminds me of Martijn's Poetic Hierarchy with the
> "Black pit of Illiteracy" or whatever he called it.

Martijn is one of the posters I miss, not only for his interesting
poems and acerbic comments, but also for his ability to provoke
frothing ourage in readers of his off-topic posts.

<...>
> oh well.
>
> Fun while it lasted, hey?

It's still fun, but it's fun in the way other newsgroups are fun,
instead of being "special". Pointing and laughing at morons is more
entertaining than dropping poems and critiques into a wasteland, IMO.

Peter J Ross

Feb 16, 2004, 10:11:19 PM2/16/04
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:30:47 GMT, Milo T Briggs wrote:

> I think you all have given up way too easily. A concentrated
> effort not to feed the Evil Triad of Dockery, Bishop, and Chuck
> could restore the poetry newsgroups back to good health in no time.
> Killfile them and ignore them. Quit feeding the trolls. Don't
> respond to them. Don't create web sites about them. Don't discuss
> them in other threads. Just pretend they don't exist. When they
> start popping up with new names in a desperate ploy to get
> attention, keep on ignoring them. They'll leave if you all quit
> paying attention to them. And once they're gone, people will start
> posting poetry again.

It's been tried, but the morons don't go away: they just talk to each
other and steal poems in order to attract admiring comments from
newbies.

Besides, it's a fact that I get more fun out of teasing chuckles and
the other kooks than out of posting poems or commenting on poems, so
teasing chuckles and the other kooks is what I'm going to be doing.
Really, the point of my announcement was to say that if you're here
for the poetry you might as well plonk me. If I have an irresistible
urge to post a poem or comment on a poem, I'll return to the moderated
forums in order to do so.

Milo T Briggs

Feb 17, 2004, 7:25:26 AM2/17/04
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 03:11:19 GMT, Peter J Ross <gad...@NOSPAMmeow.org>
wrote:

Nobody with a sense of humor will plonk you. I certainly won't.

Milo T Briggs

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 17, 2004, 10:04:26 AM2/17/04

"You can't buy good mahogany these days" is not merely perfect IP,
but as suggestive as I their roof rain of a villa, Nell.

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 17, 2004, 10:06:58 AM2/17/04

He was threatening you with peroxidation.
(He's a radical.)

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 17, 2004, 10:08:37 AM2/17/04

Somebody already told him that.
(Why do you think the horn turned green?)

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 17, 2004, 10:12:08 AM2/17/04
Bindi wrote:

> Dennis M. Hammes wrote:
> > Bindi wrote:

> >> I am hanging onto a bootstrap.
> >> Want to help me pull?
> >
> > You mean it won't do, to help you heave?
>
> Yep! It'll help.
> But only if you promise to hold my forehead.
> :-)
> --
>
> Bindi

I hold any part that sticks out.
(Keep getting slapped, too.)

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 17, 2004, 10:13:55 AM2/17/04

Same thing we always do.
Kick each other and say we're playing /virtual/ footy.

Malted Bevis

Feb 17, 2004, 11:19:05 AM2/17/04

> Nobody with a sense of humor will plonk you. I certainly won't.

But Figg man, you are a plonk waiting to happen.

Say something useful, or go bye bye.

You think I have time to read your ass licks to peter?

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"The world is full of asses, but muleshit grows lilacs."
-- Dennis M. Hammes

pandora

Feb 17, 2004, 3:17:42 PM2/17/04

"Milo T Briggs" <milot...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I have a wonderful sense of humour and I've plonked him. Why? Well, since
he puts me in the same category as Chuckie and Tommie, I don't see the point
of reading him. YMMV and obviously does.

Marg

P.S. Peter is part of what's wrong with aapc and rap.

> Milo T Briggs

Will Dockery

Feb 17, 2004, 5:39:20 PM2/17/04
"Malted Bevis" <Str...@Dessert.Filling> wrote

> > I liked being able to put the faces with the names.
> > Will

> Some have different ideas about what to do with pictures.

Yeah, I know--. It kinda backfires on Mikey when he *does* me, because,
delusional egomaniac that I am, I kinda got a kick out of 'em... so he had
to close them down.

I had a very similar "friend" here in Shadowville, a few years back, named
Truman Bentley. He'd follow me around to poetry readings, magickal rituals,
and whatnot, videotaping hours of stuff, playing with editing the stuff,
then putting it out, even advertising in magazines [I saw an ad he bought in
the back of "Fate" magazine] and selling the videos.

This came to an end when I discovered that, much to my surprise, people were
*buying* these videos. I met a zinester by the name of Tim Kelly that knew
me well through the videos, and was paying 5 bucks a pop for them [a low
price, but money *is* money.], and I never saw a penny.

A letter or two to the postmaster general, and the filming came to an abrupt
stop... and I haven't seen Truman since. I wouldn't doubt that he's probably
still selling the videos, just being more careful, and of course, not
getting any more Dockery footage. Very similar to Mikey's work, he put a lot
of work into making me and the others look as bad as possible.

I'm curious if he'd respond to requests for these videos, if anyone wanted
to give it a try--- copies of this stuff would be a gold mine for Will
Dockery haters:

Truman Bentley
P.O.Box 8691
Columbus GA 31909.

> Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

> "Give me chastity and continence,
> but not yet." -- Saint Augustine

Will Dockery

Feb 17, 2004, 5:48:40 PM2/17/04

Several people have asked me why I went with this filming thing. Easy
answer: I got copies of all the footage, easily 100 hours from 1996-1999,
and can eventually edit the whole thing down to a massive Will Dockery
movie.
Will

Malted Bevis

Feb 17, 2004, 6:13:00 PM2/17/04

"Will Dockery" <irony...@knology.net> wrote in message news:4032a097$1...@news2.knology.net...

> > "Malted Bevis" <Str...@Dessert.Filling> wrote

> > > Some have different ideas about what to do with pictures.
> >
> > Yeah, I know--. It kinda backfires on Mikey when he *does* me, because,
> > delusional egomaniac that I am, I kinda got a kick out of 'em... so he had
> > to close them down.

If he wants to harass me, I say do it with his own pictures.

If you give him permission, fine. I never did.

One of his /big/ ideas is that I am a thief, and he makes this
point by stealing my picture, and email, and Usenet postings
and placed them on a billboard that he proclaimed through
search engines.

Excuse me if I don't take morons like that seriously.

> > I had a very similar "friend" here in Shadowville, a few years back, named
> > Truman Bentley. He'd follow me around to poetry readings, magickal
> rituals,
> > and whatnot, videotaping hours of stuff, playing with editing the stuff,
> > then putting it out, even advertising in magazines [I saw an ad he bought
> in
> > the back of "Fate" magazine] and selling the videos.
> >
> > This came to an end when I discovered that, much to my surprise, people
> were
> > *buying* these videos. I met a zinester by the name of Tim Kelly that knew
> > me well through the videos, and was paying 5 bucks a pop for them [a low
> > price, but money *is* money.], and I never saw a penny.

At least your guy was doing something that might make money.

Sweet mikey is more /pure/ perhaps.
A non-profit value-added-savior.

> > A letter or two to the postmaster general, and the filming came to an
> abrupt
> > stop... and I haven't seen Truman since. I wouldn't doubt that he's
> probably
> > still selling the videos, just being more careful, and of course, not
> > getting any more Dockery footage. Very similar to Mikey's work, he put a
> lot
> > of work into making me and the others look as bad as possible.

Wow.. I thought /he/ looked worse. His site was almost unreadable,
blue on black. Flash stuff was similar. He is crude.

> > I'm curious if he'd respond to requests for these videos, if anyone wanted
> > to give it a try--- copies of this stuff would be a gold mine for Will
> > Dockery haters:
> >
> > Truman Bentley
> > P.O.Box 8691
> > Columbus GA 31909.
>
> Several people have asked me why I went with this filming thing. Easy
> answer: I got copies of all the footage, easily 100 hours from 1996-1999,
> and can eventually edit the whole thing down to a massive Will Dockery
> movie.
> Will

How lucky for posterity.

--

"Procrastination has moved into my attic,
realizing he needn't wander the globe stealing time,

jn...@webtv.net

Feb 17, 2004, 8:39:04 PM2/17/04
football = his precious Galleries........

~
Michael Cook could do it ....but he is good at parody....and all those
photos....

"The only thing I can't resist is temptation"
~
Oscar Wilde

maybe one of the girls..?

hard to know what will drive someone over the edge like in ross's
case....

maybe it was something someone said...

~
jn

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 18, 2004, 6:15:10 AM2/18/04
Malted Bevis wrote:

> One of his /big/ ideas is that I am a thief, and he makes this
> point by stealing my picture, and email, and Usenet postings
> and placed them on a billboard that he proclaimed through
> search engines.
>
> Excuse me if I don't take morons like that seriously enough to
> post hundreds of posts whining about my picture. You wanna
> watch out for that, Mikey, or I might start posting hundreds
> of posts whining about my picture every week. And you wouldn't
> want me to get that seriously about you, would you, Mikey?
> Why, I might start posting hundreds of posts all whining about
> my picture if I ever took you seriously enough to post hundreds
> of posts whining about my picture, Mikey.
>
> It's MY PICTURE, Mikey, and I told everybody that anything
> posted on the Web is available for public use except MY
> PICTURE, Mikey, so when are you going to stop whining about me
> UseNet thief moron.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Art

Feb 18, 2004, 1:48:50 PM2/18/04
Peter J Ross <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message news:<c0n0ji.3...@nntp.petitmorte.net>...
> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
> aren't distinguished from competent writers. In fact, I'm tired of
> pretending to be a "regular" in newsgroups where 90% of the on-topic
> posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC
> are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
> net.kooks. I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
> will be in persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat,
> Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
> level.
>
> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!

"Friends, Posters, Net Kooks, lend me your monitors:
I have come to bury AAPC, not to praise it;
The evil that Poets do Googles long after them,
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with AAPC and RAP."

So, Pete, let's get this straight—

1) You're no longer gonna offer critiques (the only reason you were
ever worth reading).

2) Much to our relief, you're gonna post your poetry exclusively at
the Moderated
Groups.

3) You're gonna devote 100% of your wasted free time pestering kooks
at RAP and AAPC instead of the more reasonable 98% which has been your
custom these past three years I've hung around these here parts.

Not much of a paradigm shift, if ya ask me--and ya dint.

"No, no, no! Can't you see? His kind is black on the RIGHT side. All
of my kind is WHITE on the right side."
---Bele
Star Trek: "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" 1969

---
Art

Malted Bevis

Feb 18, 2004, 2:26:40 PM2/18/04
> Not much of a paradigm shift, if ya ask me--and ya dint.

But just to validate you, that was the way I read it.

You really summarized that well.

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"If you don't like sonnets just think of them as
quatorzains with pecuriar rhyme schemes."
-- just me

Will Dockery

Feb 18, 2004, 4:29:55 PM2/18/04
"Art" <arty_...@yahoo.com> wrote

> > I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
> > to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
> > http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
> > over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
> > aren't distinguished from competent writers. In fact, I'm tired of
> > pretending to be a "regular" in newsgroups where 90% of the on-topic
> > posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC
> > are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
> > net.kooks. I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
> > will be in persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat,
> > Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
> > level.
> >
> > It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> > again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!
>
> "Friends, Posters, Net Kooks, lend me your monitors:
> I have come to bury AAPC, not to praise it;
> The evil that Poets do Googles long after them,
> The good is oft interred with their bones;
> So let it be with AAPC and RAP."
>

> So, Pete, let's get this straight-

> 1) You're no longer gonna offer critiques (the only reason you were
> ever worth reading).
>
> 2) Much to our relief, you're gonna post your poetry exclusively at
> the Moderated
> Groups.
>
> 3) You're gonna devote 100% of your wasted free time pestering kooks
> at RAP and AAPC instead of the more reasonable 98% which has been your
> custom these past three years I've hung around these here parts.
>
> Not much of a paradigm shift, if ya ask me--and ya dint.

Give him more free time to wash the soup and coffee out of that groovy beard
of his. Good riddance! *grin*
Will

Peter J Ross

Feb 18, 2004, 11:52:32 PM2/18/04
On 18 Feb 2004 10:48:50 -0800, Art wrote:

> Peter J Ross <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message news:<c0n0ji.3...@nntp.petitmorte.net>...
>> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
>> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
>> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
>> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
>> aren't distinguished from competent writers. In fact, I'm tired of
>> pretending to be a "regular" in newsgroups where 90% of the on-topic
>> posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC
>> are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
>> net.kooks. I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
>> will be in persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat,
>> Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
>> level.
>>
>> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
>> again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!
>
> "Friends, Posters, Net Kooks, lend me your monitors:
> I have come to bury AAPC, not to praise it;
> The evil that Poets do Googles long after them,
> The good is oft interred with their bones;
> So let it be with AAPC and RAP."

Have you ever considered giving an hour of your time to the study of
metre?

> So, Pete, let's get this straight—
>
> 1) You're no longer gonna offer critiques (the only reason you were
> ever worth reading).

Probably not, but I might lapse. The point I've inadequately conveyed
is that I want to fuck with kooks' mind (such as yours) rather than
talking about poetry in newsgroups where hardly anybody has a clue
what poetry is. *You* certainly don't. The only reason a poet might be
interested in replying to one of your posts is to demonstrate how
laughable your poems, critiques and foxnews-derived political opinions
are.

> 2) Much to our relief, you're gonna post your poetry exclusively at
> the Moderated
> Groups.

I'm more likely not to post it anywhere other than my own site.

> 3) You're gonna devote 100% of your wasted free time pestering kooks
> at RAP and AAPC instead of the more reasonable 98% which has been your
> custom these past three years I've hung around these here parts.

Kooks (such as you) are bloody fine fun to play with, Nutty McNutt.
Don't underestimate the amount of fun that a reasonably intelligent
person can derive from you.

> Not much of a paradigm shift, if ya ask me--and ya dint.
>
> "No, no, no! Can't you see? His kind is black on the RIGHT side. All
> of my kind is WHITE on the right side."
> ---Bele
> Star Trek: "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" 1969
>
> ---
> Art

Why don't you get yourself a terminal disease like your counterpart
Tommy Bishop and kill yourself soon? I'll take great pleasure in
mocking your terminal illness, kook.

Peter J Ross

Feb 18, 2004, 11:38:16 PM2/18/04
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:20:50 -0800, Malted Bevis wrote:

> I'm only waiting to put you back in my killfile.
>
> I took you out because you were flexing about
> copyright violation.

Dance, Tommy.
Steal, Tommy.
But will you ever
Feel, Tommy?

Peter J Ross

Feb 18, 2004, 11:13:22 PM2/18/04
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:14:08 -0600, Colin Ward wrote:

> Brevity, Milo, brevity! That should read:
>
> "Nobody with sense will plonk you."

Heh. I'm about to read pandora's reply... :-D

Peter J Ross

Feb 18, 2004, 11:12:10 PM2/18/04

And I fucking well won't be able to fucking resist commenting on the
fucking poems, either!

FUCK!

Peter J Ross

Feb 18, 2004, 11:17:20 PM2/18/04

I put you in the morons' category because you're a moron. HTH.

> I don't see the point
> of reading him. YMMV and obviously does.
>
> Marg
>
> P.S. Peter is part of what's wrong with aapc and rap.

"BOO-FRICKETY-HOO" (tm J Rinier?)

Peter J Ross

Feb 18, 2004, 11:36:56 PM2/18/04

You can't buy good mahogany any more.
The wood's eroded like a coastal shelf.
The carpenter, though skilful, is a bore,
And has instead of planes regard for self.

[apologies to Philip Larkin]

J Rinier

Feb 19, 2004, 1:05:37 AM2/19/04
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:17:20 GMT, Peter J Ross <gad...@NOSPAMmeow.org>
wrote:

I'd like to thank my agent, Dr. Evil.

*waves to adoring fans*

J Rinier

## Writing is a solitary occupation. Family, friends,
and society are the natural enemies of a writer.
He must be alone, uninterrupted, and slightly savage
if he is to sustain and complete an undertaking.

Lawrence Clark Powell ##

yyyiii...@yahoo.com

Feb 19, 2004, 5:24:40 AM2/19/04

> On 18 Feb 2004 10:48:50 -0800, Art wrote:
>
> > Peter J Ross <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message
> >> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
> >> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
> >> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
> >> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
> >> aren't distinguished from competent writers. In fact, I'm tired of
> >> pretending to be a "regular" in newsgroups where 90% of the on-topic
> >> posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC
> >> are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
> >> net.kooks. I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
> >> will be in persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat,
> >> Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
> >> level.
> >>
> >> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> >> again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!
> >
> > "Friends, Posters, Net Kooks, lend me your monitors:
> > I have come to bury AAPC, not to praise it;
> > The evil that Poets do Googles long after them,
> > The good is oft interred with their bones;
> > So let it be with AAPC and RAP."
>
> Have you ever considered giving an hour of your time to the study of
> metre?

now you are gone, you should have plenty of time doing whatever.

> > So, Pete, let's get this straight-

> > 1) You're no longer gonna offer critiques (the only reason you were
> > ever worth reading).
>
> Probably not, but I might lapse. The point I've inadequately conveyed

when people say they are leaving is to get the attention that they can't
wait for no more. you are homeless.

> is that I want to fuck with kooks' mind (such as yours) rather than

how?

> talking about poetry in newsgroups where hardly anybody has a clue
> what poetry is. *You* certainly don't. The only reason a poet might be

the english owns the english again.

> interested in replying to one of your posts is to demonstrate how
> laughable your poems, critiques and foxnews-derived political opinions
> are.
>
> > 2) Much to our relief, you're gonna post your poetry exclusively at
> > the Moderated
> > Groups.
>
> I'm more likely not to post it anywhere other than my own site.

now you realize that chuckles is one step ahead of you.

> > 3) You're gonna devote 100% of your wasted free time pestering kooks
> > at RAP and AAPC instead of the more reasonable 98% which has been your
> > custom these past three years I've hung around these here parts.
>
> Kooks (such as you) are bloody fine fun to play with, Nutty McNutt.
> Don't underestimate the amount of fun that a reasonably intelligent
> person can derive from you.

you probably could claim that with anyone. but that's just a claim.

> > Not much of a paradigm shift, if ya ask me--and ya dint.
> >
> > "No, no, no! Can't you see? His kind is black on the RIGHT side. All
> > of my kind is WHITE on the right side."
> > ---Bele
> > Star Trek: "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" 1969
> >
> > ---
> > Art
>
> Why don't you get yourself a terminal disease like your counterpart
> Tommy Bishop and kill yourself soon? I'll take great pleasure in

as this list gets longer, your days numbered.

Art

Feb 19, 2004, 10:06:33 AM2/19/04
Peter J Ross <gad...@NOSPAMmeow.org> wrote in message news:<c11fed.3...@nntp.petitmorte.net>...
> On 18 Feb 2004 10:48:50 -0800, Art wrote:
>
> > Peter J Ross <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message news:<c0n0ji.3...@nntp.petitmorte.net>...
> >> I forget who had the original idea, but I was the one foolish enough
> >> to volunteer to host the site. I'll save the material from
> >> http://pages.britishlibrary.net/pjr/ in case somebody wants to take it
> >> over, but to be honest I'm tired of hosting a website where poetasters
> >> aren't distinguished from competent writers. In fact, I'm tired of
> >> pretending to be a "regular" in newsgroups where 90% of the on-topic
> >> posts consist of hilarious doggerel and inept comments. RAP and AAPC
> >> are no longer of interest to me except as sources of potential
> >> net.kooks. I'm not going to leave, but my sole interest from now on
> >> will be in persecuting morons such as chuckles, pandora, Shambat,
> >> Tommy, and the dozens of others who are on their low intellectual
> >> level.
> >>
> >> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> >> again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!
> >
> > "Friends, Posters, Net Kooks, lend me your monitors:
> > I have come to bury AAPC, not to praise it;
> > The evil that Poets do Googles long after them,
> > The good is oft interred with their bones;
> > So let it be with AAPC and RAP."
>
> Have you ever considered giving an hour of your time to the study of
> metre?

It's drama, Pete. Billy wasn't a slave to meter in his drama.

I fooled ya by all the returns, dint I?

> > So, Pete, let's get this straight?

> > 1) You're no longer gonna offer critiques (the only reason you were
> > ever worth reading).
>
> Probably not, but I might lapse. The point I've inadequately conveyed
> is that I want to fuck with kooks' mind (such as yours) rather than
> talking about poetry in newsgroups where hardly anybody has a clue
> what poetry is. *You* certainly don't. The only reason a poet might be
> interested in replying to one of your posts is to demonstrate how
> laughable your poems, critiques and foxnews-derived political opinions
> are.

A) At least MY poems are laughable, Pete.

B) My critiques are always accompanied by a disclaimer.

C) I don't have cable during the school year, and I don't watch
Foxnews, even when I have it hooked up during the summers. Most of my
political opinions have been shaped by working within American
Political Machines. BTW, the kind of poems I've written for a living
have moved the polls. And moved lawyers to initiate lawsuits against
my clients. Heh.

It's a sure bet for ANY of us, that among any particular group of
monkeys (you and your ilk, for instance), expressing the absolute
truth of what we believe /as individuals/ will ALWAYS be met with
laughter and derision. 'Sokay, as a child I also laughed at expressed
opinions which didn't seem to be shared by my peer group; much as I
laughed defensively at someone when they spoke frankly about sex.

A natural reflex to something I didn't understand or know how to deal
with.

Natural to a /child/, at any rate.

> > 2) Much to our relief, you're gonna post your poetry exclusively at
> > the Moderated
> > Groups.
>
> I'm more likely not to post it anywhere other than my own site.

Schwew! It's good to know where the mines are located in order to
avoid them.

> > 3) You're gonna devote 100% of your wasted free time pestering kooks
> > at RAP and AAPC instead of the more reasonable 98% which has been your
> > custom these past three years I've hung around these here parts.
>
> Kooks (such as you) are bloody fine fun to play with, Nutty McNutt.
> Don't underestimate the amount of fun that a reasonably intelligent
> person can derive from you.

"Nutty McNutt" stopped bothering me when classmates of your emotional
level and intellectual "cleverness" began using it in third grade, you
silly little twisted, empty shell of a man.

Sticks and stones and squiggles...

> > Not much of a paradigm shift, if ya ask me--and ya dint.
> >
> > "No, no, no! Can't you see? His kind is black on the RIGHT side. All
> > of my kind is WHITE on the right side."
> > ---Bele
> > Star Trek: "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" 1969
> >
> > ---
> > Art
>
> Why don't you get yourself a terminal disease like your counterpart
> Tommy Bishop and kill yourself soon? I'll take great pleasure in
> mocking your terminal illness, kook.

Variety's the spice of life, Pete; why don't you spend an hour
studying how to come up with something NEW for a change? Or, at least
/humorous/?

I'd think it would become mighty boring after a while, especially for
a smart guy like yourself, to type out highly formulaic responses
over, and over, and over again--as I've seen you do these past three
years.

---
Art

Dennis M. Hammes

Feb 19, 2004, 10:28:34 AM2/19/04
Peter J Ross wrote:

> On 18 Feb 2004 10:48:50 -0800, Art wrote:
>
> > Peter J Ross <p...@NOSPAMbritishlibrary.net> wrote in message

> >> It's unlikely that I'll ever make an on-topic post in RAP or AAPC
> >> again. Doing so would be a waste of my time. So killfile me. Bye!
> >
> > "Friends, Posters, Net Kooks, lend me your monitors:
> > I have come to bury AAPC, not to praise it;
> > The evil that Poets do Googles long after them,
> > The good is oft interred with their bones;
> > So let it be with AAPC and RAP."
>
> Have you ever considered giving an hour of your time to the study of
> metre?

Grits, ramens, farmers, lend me your shears:
I come to seize your berries, not to praise them.
Do discandy, melt your sweets on bowls of oatmeal.

It's certainly possible...

Malted Bevis

Feb 19, 2004, 4:06:43 PM2/19/04

> A) At least MY poems are laughable, Pete.

I would only laugh with you, whereas rocket's poetry
elicits more of an acid reflux reaction.

> B) My critiques are always accompanied by a disclaimer.

Plus the implicit disclaimer that you are simply your own
value-added-savior.

See: http://Savior.At.Poetic.ZapTo.org

> C) I don't have cable during the school year, and I don't watch
> Foxnews, even when I have it hooked up during the summers. Most of my
> political opinions have been shaped by working within American
> Political Machines. BTW, the kind of poems I've written for a living
> have moved the polls. And moved lawyers to initiate lawsuits against
> my clients. Heh.

Now there is an impressive statement.
Cool.

> "Nutty McNutt" stopped bothering me when classmates of your emotional
> level and intellectual "cleverness" began using it in third grade, you
> silly little twisted, empty shell of a man.
>
> Sticks and stones and squiggles...
> >
> > > Not much of a paradigm shift, if ya ask me--and ya dint.
> > >
> > > "No, no, no! Can't you see? His kind is black on the RIGHT side. All
> > > of my kind is WHITE on the right side."
> > > ---Bele
> > > Star Trek: "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" 1969
> > >
> > > ---
> > > Art
> >
> > Why don't you get yourself a terminal disease like your counterpart
> > Tommy Bishop and kill yourself soon? I'll take great pleasure in
> > mocking your terminal illness, kook.

heh.

> Variety's the spice of life, Pete; why don't you spend an hour
> studying how to come up with something NEW for a change? Or, at least
> /humorous/?

People on the brink of death frequently have humorous things to say.

Why not a "Reality Show" ???

Heck, if things work out, you don't even have to pay them.

> I'd think it would become mighty boring after a while, especially for
> a smart guy like yourself, to type out highly formulaic responses
> over, and over, and over again--as I've seen you do these past three
> years.

I have a cool program (my latest diddle) that I call "Vocal".
It sits on top of all windows as a small button that says: "Record"

The program does 2 basic things:
- when you press the "Record" button my old "Voice Message Recorder"
pops up, and counts down the seconds 3..2..1.., and then starts recording.
Then you can stop, replay, edit, cut/paste etc.. and "Save & Close".
...at this point the program stuffs text like the example below on the clipboard,
ready for pasteing into Outlook Express, or anywhere,
and the audio file gets placed so that it is web serviced.
..example:

___Click below for audio__(24s)___
http://Rap2.ZapTo.Org/VM/Expires_2004-02-24-1900.mp3

(the file is deleted upon expiration, does it work?)

- the other thing that "Vocal" does, is place randomly generated text
(based on various grammars) onto the clipboard, amenable for
easy pasteing into any program. [I haven't quite gotten this working,
but perhaps today.]

It will save a lot of typing,
and be a big hit here I'm sure. :-)

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

The sucking noises made by failed poets is not <fill in the blank>,
no matter how persistently tell you to FOAD.
- an Tomble / ennis / rocket, collaborative quotation
Copyright 2004, Tom Bishop Inc. "Don't Read On ME!"(tm)

Will Dockery

Feb 19, 2004, 4:15:49 PM2/19/04
"Malted Bevis" <Str...@Dessert.Filling> wrote in message

> > A) At least MY poems are laughable, Pete.
>
> I would only laugh with you, whereas rocket's poetry
> elicits more of an acid reflux reaction.
>

> > B) My critiques are always accompanied by a disclaimer.
>
> Plus the implicit disclaimer that you are simply your own
> value-added-savior.
>
> See: http://Savior.At.Poetic.ZapTo.org

"There ain't no Jesus gonna come from the sky--- now that I found out, I
know I can cry." -Lennon.

Art, music, poetry of Will Dockery:
http://music.lulu.com/dockery

Malted Bevis

Feb 19, 2004, 4:38:14 PM2/19/04

> > See: http://Savior.At.Poetic.ZapTo.org
>
> "There ain't no Jesus gonna come from the sky--- now that I found out, I
> know I can cry." -Lennon.
>
> Art, music, poetry of Will Dockery:

If you have a suitable MP3 to background this page,
let me know.

Otherwise I'll back it up with a "Motor City" Midi or something.

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org

"So many women, so few hatboxes."
-- Dale Houstman