Love On The Bridges Of Holland - (Version 3.0)

Koos Nolst Trenite

Nov 11, 2008, 5:42:01 PM11/11/08
to Koos Nolst Trenite
Love On The Bridges Of Holland

(Version 3.0
on 11 Nov 2008)

'

Wild ducks,
and gentle wind,
play on and ripple soothingly
the surface of the water.

'

Red bricks form walls,
when up they rise from water's way
to pave a quay - aged centuries by now -
for barges to unload,
where waterways are major streets,
and move the town with life.

'

Behind the quay, the bricks rise up once more, to wall,
and then – much higher up – lie down again, to pave,

becoming streets, that now can look below and
see the quay that hugs the waterway, 'the Old Canal.'

'

Along the narrow streets now paved, above,
some bricks a third time reach for heaven, where

they build the typical facades of Dutch,
and often narrow, houses.

'

Yet other bricks are stretching flat to pull the streets along,
and where they meet the waterway again,

they arch to bridges – old a thousand years by now.

'

'

That's where I walked,
embracing thousand years of people living there
in Holland
...embracing them with one glance of my eye.

'

And on her bicycle, a woman passed me by.
She looked me in the eye and asked:
"Are you a real angel?"

'

This was on Christmas Day,* so people are
more curious to see and feel who's there:

Allowed they feel
to be the love they are
...so natural.

'

Koos Nolst Trenite "Cause Trinity"
human rights philosopher and poet

'God gave Solomon wisdom
and very great insight,
and a breadth of understanding
as measureless
as the sand on the seashore.'

1 Kings 4:29

________
Footnote:

(*) On Christmas Day, 25 December 2001

Issue Note:

Taken from a draft version of 'Where Angels Dare'
- by Koos Nolst Trenite

'