Natural Money: hoarding fee, no interest and no credit

niphtrique

May 22, 2009, 12:14:25 PM5/22/09
to KnowledgePersons
Natural Money: The most efficient monetary system

Introduction

Natural money was the result of the discovery of the most efficient
monetary system. The natural money monetary system will create an
economy with constant economic growth at maximum potential that will
destroy all other monetary systems in competition. Therefore the
natural money monetary system will become the dominant monetary system
in the world at some point in the future. Natural money has the
following features:
- a hoarding tax, which amounts to 0.5% to 1.0% a month;
- a complete ban on usury, which is charging interest on money;
- a money supply that is constant which only can be changed by a
democratic vote;
- a complete ban on credit, which is creating money out of nothing.

History

Joseph in Egypt
Money with a hoarding tax was already introduced by Joseph when he was
viceroy of Egypt. When the pharaoh had dreams about seven fat cows
being eaten by seven lean cows and seven full ears of corn being
devoured by seven thin and blasted ears of corn, Joseph explained the
dreams to the pharaoh. He told the pharao that seven good years would
come and after that seven bad years would follow. Joseph advised the
Egyptians to store food on a large scale. They followed his advise and
built storehouses for food. In this way Egypt survived the seven years
of scarcity.

What is less known, because it is not recorded in The Bible, is that
the storing of food resulted in a financial system. The historian
Friedrich Preisigke discovered that the Egyptians used corn receipts
for money. Farmers bringing in the food, got receipts for corn. Bakers
who wanted to make bread, brought in the receipts, which could be
exchanged for corn. It did not take long before the receipts where
generally accepted as money. Because of the degradation of the corn
and mice eating it, the value of the receipts was steadily decreasing.
This enticed people to spend the money fast.

The corn receipt system lasted for many centuries. It made sense to
store food to provide for hard times. This currency remained in
function in Egypt until it was replaced by the Roman currency during
the late Ptolemaic period. The introduction of natural money may have
enabled Egypt to remain a stable civilisation for another 1,500 years.
The Egyptian civilisation lasted for more than 2,000 years, far longer
than any civilisation ever.

The miracle of Wörgl
There are a number of successful examples of the introduction of money
with a hoarding tax. Wörgl is the best known example. During the Great
Depression, the Austrian town of Wörgl made economic history by
introducing a complimentary currency. The mayor Michael
Unterguggenberger had a long list of projects he wanted to accomplish,
but there was hardly any money with which to carry them out. Rather
than spending the 40,000 Austrian schillings in the town’s coffers to
start these projects off, he deposited them in a local savings bank as
a guarantee to back the issue of a type of complimentary currency
known as 'stamp scrip'. The Wörgl currency required a monthly stamp to
be stuck on all the circulating notes for them to remain valid,
amounting 1% of the each note’s value.

Because nobody wanted to pay what was effectively a hoarding fee,
everyone receiving the notes would spend them as fast as possible. The
40,000 schilling deposit allowed anyone to exchange scrip for 98 per
cent of its value in schillings. This offer was rarely taken up
though. Over the 13-month period the project ran, the council not only
carried out all the intended works projects, but also built new
houses, a reservoir, a ski jump, and a bridge.

The key to its success was the fast circulation of scrip within the
local economy, 14 times higher than the Schilling. This in turn
increased trade, creating extra employment. At the time of the
project, Wörgl was the only Austrian town to achieve full employment.
Six neighbouring villages copied the system successfully. In January
1933, the project was replicated in the neighbouring city of
Kirchbuhl, and in June 1933, two hundred Austrian townships were
interested in adopting the idea. At this point the central bank
panicked and decided to assert its monopoly rights by banning
complimentary currencies. The people unsuccessfully sued the bank and
later lost in the Austrian Supreme Court. It then became a criminal
offence to issue 'emergency currency'.

12 steps to freedom and wealth

The natural money system brings freedom and wealth in 12 steps:
1. Interest on money should be banned. Return on capital is a good
thing, and should not be abolished.
2. Raise a tax on money. This is not a tax on wealth, so shares, real
estate and money lent, are not taxed.
3. Do not create more money, so there will be no monetary inflation.
4. Because there is a tax on money, people will soon use the money to
invest, to consume or to lend without interest.
5. Because on money lent, no interest may be charged:
- money will only be lent to reliable people and companies.
- less money will lent and more money will be directly invested in
equities and real estate.
6. Therefore there will never be an economic crisis, because money is
spent directly and there are no bad loans.
7. Because all money is directly used for investment or consumption,
the economy grows steadily at maximum potential and there is full
employment.
8. The financial sector is largely superfluous. That is a good thing,
because this sector produces nothing and destabilises the economy.
9. Governments also need much less to interfere with the economy.
10. As the economy grows constantly at maximum speed, and because no
more money is created, prices will fall. Therefore loans with zero
percent interest will have a return that is probably higher than the
interest rate you will get at the bank now. The money lent will be
worth more when the loan matures.
11. If one country chooses to apply this system, it will attract
capital from other countries since the return of loans with zero
percent interest rate is higher than the yield on interest in other
countries. Therefore, all other countries will need to do this, if one
country has changed its money system in this way.
12. Now everyone is free. There is no fear in the economy. There will
always be work for employees and there will always be customers for
viable businesses. Nobody is deeply in debt.

Effects

Using natural money all kinds of problems we face now can be solved
easily. Natural money will have the following effects:
- Natural money will save the earth and nature by promoting
sustainable investment and recycling;
- Natural money will free people and countries from debt slavery;
- Natural money will end unemployment without government intervention;
- Natural money will create a stable economy without crisis which does
not need government or central bank intervention;
- Natural money will end senseless economic activities in the money
system which destroy the economy;
- Natural money will result in a dramatic rise in government income
which makes it easy to lower taxes and address all social problems in
society;
- Natural money economies will perform better than all other kinds of
economies. This will attract investment capital, which forces all
other economies to adapt the natural money system.

Quotes

Natural money is the most efficient type of free money. Silvio Gesell
outlined the theory of free money in the Natural Economic Order. Many
famous economists and scientists saw the enormous potential of free
money:
- "I thoroughly enjoyed Silvio Gesell's brilliant style. The creation
of money that cannot be hoarded will lead to a different and more real
kind of property."
Professor Albert Einstein, Nobel Prize Winner
- "Gesell's name will be a leading name in history once it has been
disentangled."
H.G. Wells
- "The application of Gesell's principle of circulation of money will
lead the nation out of the depression within two to three weeks. I am
a humble student of this German-Argentine businessman."
Professor Irving Fisher, Yale University, America's greatest economist
- "I believe that the future will learn more from the spirit of Gesell
than from that of Marx."
John Maynard Keynes
- "Gesell's work will initiate a new epoch in the history of mankind."
Prof. Dr. B. Uhlemayr
- "Gesell's discoveries and proposals are of the greatest importance
for centuries to come."
Dr. Theophil Christen, eminent mathematician and physicist, Berne

More information

The following information can be found on the Naturalmoney.org
website:
- More information about the current state of the US economy can be
found here: http://www.naturalmoney.org/howbad.html
- The natural money theory in detail can be found here:
http://www.naturalmoney.org/full-theory.html
- A realistic conversion plan to the natural money economy can be
found here: http://www.naturalmoney.org/conversionplan.html
- A plan for the future with natural money can be found here:
http://www.naturalmoney.org/buildfuture.html

Nikolay Kryachkov

May 24, 2009, 3:09:05 AM5/24/09
to KnowledgePersons
A year before I started to use the term "natural money" knowing
nothing about Joseph in Egypt and some other details

Rice and other natural money
http://knowledgeperson.blogspot.com/2008/05/rice-and-other-natural-money.html

The Global Natural Money Board
http://groups.google.com/group/KnowledgePersons/browse_thread/thread/39be3e6e1ece0369

My purpose was to generalise more earlier

Oil & gas money
http://knowledgeperson.blogspot.com/2007/04/oil-gas-money.html

Intangibles: brands, values ... Why not money?
http://groups.google.com/group/KnowledgePersons/browse_thread/thread/6e7af992db7dbf39

and before that

Knowledge Money will be yours
http://knowledgeperson.blogspot.com/2006/10/knowledge-money-will-be-yours.html

including some of my post about criticising usury - in its wholeness
long before crisis. So, that was my way - quite open.

As I can see at naturalmoney.org (Created On:01-Oct-2008) there are
some similarities (no usury and credit, for instance) and differencies
with my understanding of natural money. Someone else can see here
something another.

To clarify this I would like to ask for a start:

1. Who can implement the conversion plan to the natural money
financial system?
http://www.naturalmoney.org/conversionplan.html

2. By what natural money will be backed if to take into account that
there is "In 2007/2008 the stock to consumption ratio went below 20%,
which means that less than 20% of the yearly consumption of the most
important foods is in stock. Humanity has a food supply stocked for
two months (see figure below)"?
http://www.naturalmoney.org/buildfuture.html

3. Who proved this: "Earth is currently overpopulated with humans. The
optimal number of humans on earth is probably between 500,000,000 and
1,000,000,000."?
http://www.naturalmoney.org/buildfuture.html

Nikolay

Nikolay Kryachkov

May 24, 2009, 3:13:03 AM5/24/09
to KnowledgePersons
Additional reading I recently found:

http://margritkennedy.de/index.php?modus=NET&inc=INT&lang=EN

http://www.toxictextbooks.com/

Obama and Wall Street v ALBA
Friday, 22 May 2009, 12:06 pm
Column: Toni Solo

Varieties of imperial decline: Obama and Wall Street v ALBA
by Toni Solo
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0905/S00226.htm

Nikolay

On May 24, 11:09 am, Nikolay Kryachkov <nk...@mail.ru> wrote:
> A year before I started to use the term "natural money" knowing
> nothing about Joseph in Egypt and some other details
>
> Rice and other natural moneyhttp://knowledgeperson.blogspot.com/2008/05/rice-and-other-natural-mo...
>
> The Global Natural Money Boardhttp://groups.google.com/group/KnowledgePersons/browse_thread/thread/...
>
> My purpose was to generalise more earlier
>
> Oil & gas moneyhttp://knowledgeperson.blogspot.com/2007/04/oil-gas-money.html
>
> Intangibles: brands, values ... Why not money?http://groups.google.com/group/KnowledgePersons/browse_thread/thread/...
>
> and before that
>
> Knowledge Money will be yourshttp://knowledgeperson.blogspot.com/2006/10/knowledge-money-will-be-y...
>
> including some of my post about criticising usury - in its wholeness
> long before crisis. So, that was my way - quite open.
>
> As I can see at naturalmoney.org (Created On:01-Oct-2008) there are
> some similarities (no usury and credit, for instance) and differencies
> with my understanding of natural money. Someone else can see here
> something another.
>
> To clarify this I would like to ask for a start:
>
> 1. Who can implement the conversion plan to the natural money
> financial system?http://www.naturalmoney.org/conversionplan.html
>
> 2. By what natural money will be backed if to take into account that
> there is "In 2007/2008 the stock to consumption ratio went below 20%,
> which means that less than 20% of the yearly consumption of the most
> important foods is in stock. Humanity has a food supply stocked for
> two months (see figure below)"?http://www.naturalmoney.org/buildfuture.html
>
> 3. Who proved this: "Earth is currently overpopulated with humans. The
> optimal number of humans on earth is probably between 500,000,000 and
> 1,000,000,000."?http://www.naturalmoney.org/buildfuture.html
>
> read more »

Carlos Rodríguez Artacho

May 24, 2009, 5:28:23 AM5/24/09
to Knowledg...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I hope this e-mail finds you well.

I am launching together with some friends, a team of professionals, a
new property search Website for Southern Spain Coast. The site's name
is www.ventaalquiler.es

I would appreciate it if you could send me your opinions on this site
and welcome any suggestions you may have.

Thank you in advance for your colaboration.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Carlos

Bart Klein Ikink

May 25, 2009, 7:54:48 AM5/25/09
to knowledg...@googlegroups.com

1. It can be done by a government (local or central). However, it is the best option to have natural money currencies both at the local and the central level.

2. The conversion plan can be implemented by a government in an emergency situation (which the US is in).

3. Natural money does not have to be backed. However, it can be partially backed by food supplies.

4. This is not proven. However currently there are too many people. But I think I will remove the exact numbers from the site because it cannot be proven what the optimal number will be.

> Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 00:09:05 -0700
> Subject: [Knowledge Persons] Re: Natural Money: hoarding fee, no interest and no credit
> From: nk...@mail.ru
> To: Knowledg...@googlegroups.com

Nikolay Kryachkov

May 25, 2009, 11:55:20 AM5/25/09
to KnowledgePersons
Bart,

as you have said the US is in emergency situation, but what are the
signals that someone might stop and substitute the Fed for natural
money system or do you think the private Fed will implement natural
money?

>3. Natural money does not have to be backed.
>However, it can be partially backed by food supplies.

It sounds like credit money with zero interest because you leave the
term "investment" (Natural money promotes sustainable investment
choices http://www.naturalmoney.org/full-theory.html ), isn't it? Also
not backed or based on partial food reserve money is creating money
out of nothing or partly out of nothing. Why not ban any money which
have nothing or partly nothing behind it?

>However currently there are too many people.

It also requires proofs. Because such the statement can be understood
not in termes "defence" (http://www.naturalmoney.org/
buildfuture.html), but in terms "aggression", taking into account a
shortage of food and space for planting food
http://www.naturalmoney.org/buildfuture.html
What's Driving the Bull Market in Commodities?
By Michael Schuman / Hong Kong Saturday, Apr. 25, 2009
http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1893731,00.html

Nikolay

On May 25, 3:54 pm, Bart Klein Ikink <bart_klein_ik...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> 1. It can be done by a government (local or central). However, it is the best option to have natural money currencies both at the local and the central level.
> 2. The conversion plan can be implemented by a government in an emergency situation (which the US is in).
> 3. Natural money does not have to be backed. However, it can be partially backed by food supplies.
> 4. This is not proven. However currently there are too many people. But I think I will remove the exact numbers from the site because it cannot be proven what the optimal number will be.
>
> > Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 00:09:05 -0700
> > Subject: [Knowledge Persons] Re: Natural Money: hoarding fee, no interest and no credit
> > From: nk...@mail.ru
> > To: Knowledg...@googlegroups.com
>
> > A year before I started to use the term "natural money" knowing
> > nothing about Joseph in Egypt and some other details
>
> > Rice and other natural money
> >http://knowledgeperson.blogspot.com/2008/05/rice-and-other-natural-mo...
>
> > The Global Natural Money Board
> >http://groups.google.com/group/KnowledgePersons/browse_thread/thread/...
>
> > My purpose was to generalise more earlier
>
> > Oil & gas money
> >http://knowledgeperson.blogspot.com/2007/04/oil-gas-money.html
>
> > Intangibles: brands, values ... Why not money?
> >http://groups.google.com/group/KnowledgePersons/browse_thread/thread/...
>
> > and before that
>
> > Knowledge Money will be yours
> >http://knowledgeperson.blogspot.com/2006/10/knowledge-money-will-be-y...
>
> read more »

Bart Klein Ikink

May 25, 2009, 3:28:09 PM5/25/09
to knowledg...@googlegroups.com
Nikolay,

The reasoning for this is as follows:
1. the current system will collapse;
2. depression and social unrest will start;
3. research into alternatives and experiments will start (just like during the Great Depression when Wörgl did a similar experiment, however this time it cannot be supressed any more);
4. they probably will find out that natural money is the best solution because it is the most efficient. If one country starts using it, all other economies will be left behind in competition and are therefore forced to use natural money.

That it is the most efficient, I have already found out and pointed out in the theoretical part. Now it is only a matter of spreading the word.

Bart

> Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 08:55:20 -0700

Nikolay Kryachkov

May 29, 2009, 5:45:44 AM5/29/09