GWT issue list of OPEN bugs/requests

marsh...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2006, 9:40:53 AM9/5/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I found the issue list of bugs and issues that are fixed or closed at
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/issues/

1. Can you make the list of open issues public?
Of course it would be nice to able to submit a bug to this rather than
to the forum.

My worry is that I've posted bugs and issues to the forum and no one
has replied to them (links below) . It seems that the forum is so
active that no one from GWT team would have the time to scan all the
posts looking for genuine issues. I suppose that if the header is
something like : GWT BUG: XXX or GWT ISSUE: XXX then maybe you can find
it but it might be best to separate the calls for help from the
submission of issues. Just my 2 cents :)

Bugs:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/f2032f3a8074165/318880376c9ec414?lnk=gst&q=marshall62&rnum=1#318880376c9ec414

Issues:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/f66bd0118ae437fe/60cb97102df70b00?lnk=gst&q=marshall62&rnum=2#60cb97102df70b00
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/b85b5723c19fd39a/1291f50b14a9e6da?lnk=gst&q=marshall62&rnum=9#1291f50b14a9e6da
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/54a80d238eb21806/3209383bed62f7cb?lnk=gst&q=marshall62&rnum=11#3209383bed62f7cb

abickford

Sep 5, 2006, 11:09:26 AM9/5/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I agree. I posted a bug w/example code to reproduce it w/no feedback.
It would be nice if we could submit them somewhere so we know that it
is, at the very least, actively being ignored, not just passively
overlooked ;)

ijuma

Sep 5, 2006, 2:24:58 PM9/5/06
to Google Web Toolkit
This has been asked a few times by many people (including me). :) The
GWT team mentioned a few times that they were working on being more
transparent and such, but they did not give timelines or the exact
measures that they were planning. It would be nice if someone from the
team would clarify this.

Regards,
Ismael

Evan Tice

Sep 5, 2006, 2:37:28 PM9/5/06
to Google Web Toolkit

marsh...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2006, 3:13:24 PM9/5/06
to Google Web Toolkit
Does anyone want to volunteer to create 3 new topics:

1. GWT Bugs (post version 1.1.10)
2. GWT Issues
3. GWT Enhancement Request

We could all stick in links to our previous posts into one of these
topics which would, in effect, create a bug list, an issue list and an
enhancement request list.

We all know what a bug submission should be. Some piece of advertised
functionality that does not work correctly. An issue would be some
piece of functionality that has a limitation that keeps you from doing
what you want with it or some kind of performance problem. An
enhancement request would be in the area of a new feature.

If these two topics were kept clear of people asking "howto" they'd
centralize these lists and then we'd all know where to post, and
hopefully see some responses from Google developers about how they
perceive them

peter

Sep 7, 2006, 12:23:51 PM9/7/06
to Google Web Toolkit
I also have what looks like a serious issue that has had no response in
over a week.
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_frm/thread/00c1d4ce97809d1c

I agree with marshall62 in that it would be nice to separate the
"howto" posts from the "bug" posts. I would like to know how many
people see the posts and if someone is looking into it, or plans to.

aglaforge

Sep 7, 2006, 4:15:02 PM9/7/06
to Google Web Toolkit
How about this? If google won't do it, we can create a list using the
google project hosting. I just went and created a project gwt-issues
where you could all post. If it makes google please take control of
this project and actively manage it... I don't care, so long as the
developers have an outlet.

The URL to submit issues:

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-issues/issues/list

Kind Regards,

Anthony

aglaforge

Anantha Bhople

Nov 16, 2015, 5:29:23 AM11/16/15
to GWT Users, Google-We...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friends ....Please Help Me...........

"I am facing the following problem on VM while GAT Compilation"

#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000005cc5d158, pid=4732, tid=3032
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_75-b13) (build 1.7.0_75-b13)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.75-b04 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [jvm.dll+0x49d158]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

if any one knows about this issue Please help me...........

Kirill Prazdnikov

Nov 16, 2015, 6:02:45 AM11/16/15
to GWT Users, Google-We...@googlegroups.com
This is a JVM native crash,  GWT compiler can not do anything with this. It does not have any JNI code in it (as far as I know).
Please try the latest JVM 8.