google base

Caleb

Oct 25, 2005, 11:58:16 AM10/25/05
to gmail lounge
http://blog.outer-court.com/archive/2005-10-25-n57.html

--
Caleb
"Yeah, I have pretty bad short term memory loss of short term memory." --Anonymous

Eric Cranston

Oct 25, 2005, 1:44:37 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
....just giving me the homepage
--
Short Videos for Short Attention Spans -
http://google-video-shorts.blogspot.com/

Eric Cranston

Oct 25, 2005, 1:48:13 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
...looking at the screens...I get it...I mean we don't need actually
webpages for a lot of stuff....this is like an expansion of rss, only
the bare data

sounds useful....sorta also appears to be like classifieds...like
dorvak or however you spell it

though I don't understand how you view the stuff really...

Eric Cranston

Oct 25, 2005, 2:43:35 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
I just got on...and then it died again

Eric Cranston

Oct 25, 2005, 2:49:33 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
sorry for 4 posts in a row but I wanna show you all the google base
terms of service
google_base_tos.JPG

Caleb

Oct 25, 2005, 6:46:44 PM10/25/05
to gmail lounge
figured you guys might like these since they seem to be down (for now).  first four are my shots of pages, last five are saved from the help site (third ss)
Google Base - Program Policies1130275652906.png
Google Base - Terms of Service1130275687968.png
About Google Base1130275756359.png
Sign in to Google Base1130275848234.png
preview_lg.gif
recipes_search_lg.gif
basehome_lg.gif
edit_item_lg.gif
management_lg.gif

Caleb

Oct 25, 2005, 7:25:14 PM10/25/05
to gmail lounge
More!  linked from help page: "Learn more about bulk uploads" (http://base.google.com/base/upload_instructions.html ) and "Google Base Editorial Policies" ( http://base.google.com/base/guidelines.html)
Google Base - Upload Instructions1130282426671.png
Google Base - Editorial Guidelines1130282444062.png

Eric Cranston

Oct 25, 2005, 7:26:53 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
more screenshots of the service

I am excited...this looks awesome....btw I got these off of the about
page which was up for a little bit
preview_lg.gif
edit_item_lg.gif
recipes_search_lg.gif

Caleb

Oct 25, 2005, 7:34:14 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com

Eric Cranston

Oct 25, 2005, 8:50:17 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
ok to expand on this topic that is just me and caleb. lol

I am thinking about all the users of this....it could be used like
flickr perhaps, you submit your picture and a description, I don't
think video is in (but could be missused for it, perhaps change the
extension of a movie file to a database and then submit)

you could submit writings, real estate ads, maybe create a tour of
your school or house or business.

To expand on prossiblity functionality you could perhaps have a sort
of yahoo store equilvent on it. When combined with the future "google
purchases" system.

I personally find this really exciting, seems to be a true google
spirit product of expanding the usefulness of the web. Like gmail and
google search did.

Caleb

Oct 25, 2005, 9:01:16 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
its extremely broad.  I can see several advantages to this over traditional web publishing

extremely focused indexing.  the bot doesnt have to guess about what part is the "description" and such
a closer reign on spamming
automatic directory
better "advanced search"

this is sorta a competition with geocities i suppose.  we'll see if you can upload then hotlink.  and see what disk limits are like....

--
Short Videos for Short Attention Spans -
http://google-video-shorts.blogspot.com/

Hidden Nook

Oct 25, 2005, 9:11:54 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
Grr...I can see it but I can not log in! :(
--
Moving forward,

Darnell Clayton
www.hiddennook.net

Eric Cranston

Oct 25, 2005, 9:27:58 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
oh...I just realized...you can ftp upload....so I wonder if I can get
on the ftp sever....tries..

Eric Cranston

Oct 25, 2005, 9:29:53 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
yahoo...it works...not ftp://hedwig.google.com/ takes you to a login
but you have to make your login name in google base....which I can't
do

Caleb

Oct 25, 2005, 9:30:49 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
hedwig...?

Eric Cranston

Oct 25, 2005, 9:34:13 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
it's on your uploading screenshot.

Caleb

Oct 25, 2005, 9:42:50 PM10/25/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
oh, i didnt even look at those :/

Kass Lloyd

Oct 26, 2005, 12:44:58 PM10/26/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
lol, wonder if they have potter.google.com, voldemort.google.com, crookshanks.google.com and shit like that... must have some potter fans there. ;-)

Brady K

Oct 26, 2005, 7:49:42 PM10/26/05
to Gmail-Lounge
This whole thing reminds me of the Google Grid from that EPIC 2014
video...

http://mccd.udc.es/orihuela/epic/

Eric Cranston

Oct 26, 2005, 9:01:01 PM10/26/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
really is a nice presentation...

though i hate the word "googlezon" ugh...

Google Base could perhaps be something like the google grid

one major flaw of the presentation is that it doesn't say how the
difference in the information changes how we live.

But it's great how it explores the abilities of computers. Computers
can do a lot of things we can't do and faster, but can they ever do
everything we can do? and if they ever could...then we totally
question what it is to be human as oppossed to adavanced ai...that
could act just like a human and have actually ideas.

Ashish Poddar

Oct 27, 2005, 12:58:26 AM10/27/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
maybe the google review (which was why amazon was combined) can be names - googiew or gooview !!
--
Ashish Poddar
Its high time we standardize everything!

Eric Cranston

Oct 27, 2005, 1:01:49 AM10/27/05
to Gmail-...@googlegroups.com
how about no. just google