Activate LAStools in QGIS 2.18.1

Kev R

Dec 15, 2016, 8:03:33 PM12/15/16
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
What is Msys and what is the interpretation of this error upon activating LAStools in QGIS>Processing>Options>Providers>Tools for LiDAR data ?

Wrong value for parameter "Msys folder":

Specified path does not exist:

C:/PROGRA~1/QGIS2~1.18/apps\msys

Thanks

Martin Isenburg

Dec 15, 2016, 9:06:37 PM12/15/16
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello,

in my experience this ERROR message come from somewhere else in QGIS Processing whenever you set the folder or change settings in QGIS>Processing>Options>Providers>Tools for LiDAR data. I don't know who generated this ERROR but it seems that is has no impact on LAStools. Despite the error all will work as expected as long as LAStools is installed and the folder is populated correctly.

Regards,

Martin @rapidlasso

david.f...@digimapas.cl

Dec 16, 2016, 6:59:00 AM12/16/16
to last...@googlegroups.com

Martin Isenburg

Jan 3, 2017, 3:57:39 AM1/3/17
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing, qgis-de...@lists.osgeo.org
Hello,

finally that QGIS Processing ERROR that was reported on here:

http://groups.google.com/d/topic/lastools/vg-cTSDyWZo/discussion

has also caught up with me. In the first attached image will you see the ERROR. The result is that I cannot set the LAStools folder path to "E:\LAStools" as I would like and therefore none of the LAStools can be run via Processing. The solution was to look for the field causing the ERROR. In the second attached image you see the culprit. I am not using GRASS so the field contain the name of a non-existing folder named "msys". Simply clear that field completely and the ERROR goes away, Now you can set the LAStools folder path and run LAStools via Processing.

Regards,

Martin @rapidlasso
qgis_mysys_folder_error.jpg
qgis_mysys_folder_culprit.jpg

Conchi

Nov 7, 2018, 10:05:14 AM11/7/18
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing

Hi. I have the same problem to put the same folder path C: / lastools. The question is how do I fix it? In qgis 2.18.25 grass.msys is an icon, not a folder. I delete it and I still have the same error.