Exchange update: I need an Outlook client, NOT another crappy IMAP client!

WT

Aug 5, 2003, 11:19:59 AM8/5/03
Subject say it all.......<sign>

mm

Aug 5, 2003, 11:29:44 AM8/5/03
CANNOT AGREE ANYMORE. and the built-in import function doesn't work with
PSTs

"WT" <w...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

MacG33k

Aug 6, 2003, 12:26:20 AM8/6/03
MacBU, I sure hope you're embarrassed by this software update you
released this week. Because it's a total peice of shit.

This update was _THE_ light at the end of the tunnel for thousands of
Mac users and systems administrators. And, from my own experiences
and those I've read around the 'net so far, this update is a complete
failure.

The original poster said it all. Why is it so difficult to get just a
simple, updated version of Outlook that runs in OSX? We need REAL
Exchange functionality, NOT some half-assed patch that tries to trick
Mac users by disguising a different looking IMAP connection as
"Exchange Compatability".

I know some of the developers from the MacBU read this group. You've
now proven to the entire Mac community that you are a complete waste
of our time and hope.

And this whole time, I thought you (the MacBU) were on our side. Boy
was I wrong.

MWWB

Aug 14, 2003, 7:47:25 PM8/14/03
I triple that motion. This was the long awaited MAC
Exchange Client. It seems disgraceful to me that
Microsoft would put this out. I am very disappointed.

MWB

>.

Jack

Aug 21, 2003, 11:14:34 AM8/21/03
I quadruple that motion. I don't think Microsoft has any
idea how many emails some of us have in the pst files. I
have over 10 pst files and each pst file is over 700MB!!!
I get nearly 100 emails A DAY and they expect me to copy
the emails manually to the Exchange server and download
them to Entourage?!! get real Microsoft!!

>.

GadgetFreak

Aug 26, 2003, 9:29:44 AM8/26/03
I completely agree. For a short time I thought I couldnt use
Entourage. Now I realize that isnt the problem. I have been using
Outlook on the Mac but the problem is with using it with a VPN and a
wireless network. Near as I can tell that simply doesnt work in OSX.
This is based on my experience and the posts I have seen. It works
fine if you are booting in OS9 and start the VPN there. It works fine
if you are in OSX and have a hard wire connection, start teh VPN and
run Outlook in Classic mode. But I havent seen anyone who gets it to
work on a wireless connection through a VPN when you start from OSX.
So on older Powerbooks you can at least do the workaround of booting
in OS9, synching your client and then rebooting in OSX. Not ideal but
it works. On new Powerbooks, since you cant boot in OS9 as far as we
can tell, your cooked. So I really need an Exchange client that works
well offline (like Outlook) and works over a VPN in OSX. Argggg.
Ive been waiting on this for 6 months.....