407 Error from proxy

Sai

Mar 20, 2003, 3:16:34 PM3/20/03
I'm trying to call a web service via a proxy server that
needs authentication. I have the credentials set up on the
Web service proxy class and the code works fine on a .Net
Win Form application, but returns a 407 error message on a
Win form application written on Compact Dotnet Framework.
A network monitor trace showed that the authorization
header was not being sent. Is this a bug in the framework
or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks
Sai

Mike Boilen [MS]

Mar 25, 2003, 6:34:49 PM3/25/03
This is a bug in the .net compact framework's web client. It does not look
in the WebProxy object for credentials for proxy authentication. As a work
around, if you place the credentials in the instance of HttpWebRequest (or
the instance of the Web Service proxy), the client will properly
authenticate to the http proxy.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mike Boilen
Developer
NET Compact Framework

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/netcf/FAQ.aspx

--------------------
| From: "Sai" <sn...@csxlines.com>
| Sender: "Sai" <sn...@csxlines.com>
| Subject: 407 Error from proxy
| Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:16:34 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

Sai

Mar 26, 2003, 6:56:38 PM3/26/03
Mike...thanks for the reply. This work around does work,
but only once. After that, i'm having to warmboot my
Pocket PC before it'd work again. I keep getting a 401
Unauthorized message back. Is there anything else i need
to do??

Thanks
Sai