Audi A8

0 vue

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
8 janv. 1998, 03:00:0008/01/1998

Hi there:
I had my 98 A8 Quattro for two weeks now and I love it! Any other A8 owner
ou there?
Charles

Knut Kleiven

non lue,
10 janv. 1998, 03:00:0010/01/1998

On 8 Jan 1998 01:37:10 GMT, "Charles A. Ambrosecchia"
<Cha...@masternetinc.com> wrote:

I am just curious....
What kind of engine and transmission do you have ?
In Europe you get 2.8 V6 and three V8 engines..
Is it the same over there ?
What did you pay for it ?
By the way, the flagship Audi S8 ia a whopping $225,000 here in
Norway !

Kkl
Knut Kleiven
Bugarden 40
6065 ULSTEINVIK
NORWAY
e-mail: knkl...@online.no
www: http://home.sol.no/~knkleive

SkyHawk

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998 15:29:43 GMT, knkl...@online.no (Knut Kleiven)
wrote:

>On 8 Jan 1998 01:37:10 GMT, "Charles A. Ambrosecchia"
><Cha...@masternetinc.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi there:
>>I had my 98 A8 Quattro for two weeks now and I love it! Any other A8 owner
>>ou there?
>>Charles
>
>I am just curious....
>What kind of engine and transmission do you have ?
>In Europe you get 2.8 V6 and three V8 engines..
>Is it the same over there ?
>What did you pay for it ?
>By the way, the flagship Audi S8 ia a whopping $225,000 here in
>Norway !

Hi Knut !

If the Price ($225.000) US-Dollar ????
If so, then I think, the Price is very high !!!

The List-Price in Germany (incl. TAX) is DM 133.500,- !!!
In US-Dollar is this ca. $ 74.000 !!!!!

Bye

Christian

Jack Halpern

non lue,
10 janv. 1998, 03:00:0010/01/1998

I have about 700 miles on mine. This is my 4th Audi (5000, 5000 Quatro and
200 Turbo). Great car except for some minor annoyances ... e.g. antenna,
passenger-side mirror, etc.

Jack

Charles A. Ambrosecchia wrote in message
<01bd1bd5$cb90f260$0200a8c0@charlesa>...

Dave Moore

non lue,
10 janv. 1998, 03:00:0010/01/1998

These prices...are they for a whole car?? if so i'm on my way over to
get a few.

SkyHawk wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jan 1998 15:29:43 GMT, knkl...@online.no (Knut Kleiven)
> wrote:
>
> >On 8 Jan 1998 01:37:10 GMT, "Charles A. Ambrosecchia"
> ><Cha...@masternetinc.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi there:
> >>I had my 98 A8 Quattro for two weeks now and I love it! Any other A8 owner
> >>ou there?
> >>Charles

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
11 janv. 1998, 03:00:0011/01/1998

Suggestion number one: check the price again!

We are talking about the S8 not the A8 base model....
Number two: my S8 has the 4.2 engine and 375HP, it was imported
specifically from Europe since they don't sell it in USA (EPA BS).

It costed about $150K.... bu it flies even in the rain!

Charles

Dave Moore <dmo...@roco.bloomington.k12.mn.us> wrote in article
<34B7F67B...@roco.bloomington.k12.mn.us>...

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
11 janv. 1998, 03:00:0011/01/1998

Jack:
could you be a bit more specific since I didn't notice any of these
problems?

PS I reached 1500 miles today and 180 MPH (limiter disabled) in front of a
vette... not bad for a full size luxury sedan!

Thanks
Charles

Jack Halpern <ja...@nsa-soft.com> wrote in article
<698med$g82$1...@news2.i-2000.com>...

> I have about 700 miles on mine. This is my 4th Audi (5000, 5000 Quatro
and
> 200 Turbo). Great car except for some minor annoyances ... e.g. antenna,
> passenger-side mirror, etc.
>
> Jack
>

> Charles A. Ambrosecchia wrote in message
> <01bd1bd5$cb90f260$0200a8c0@charlesa>...

Marius Berntsen

non lue,
11 janv. 1998, 03:00:0011/01/1998

Charles A. Ambrosecchia wrote:

> PS I reached 1500 miles today and 180 MPH (limiter disabled) in front of a
> vette... not bad for a full size luxury sedan!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience with us. Though we'll
probably never get to see such speeds for ourselves, our dreary little
lives will be somewhat less intolerable from now on, knowing that you,
in a way representing us lowly lower middle-class low-lives, have been
there and seen it. I bet it said way over 190 mph on the gauge!

;) Marius

PS: We're only jealous...

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
11 janv. 1998, 03:00:0011/01/1998

Marius:
It's pretty easy: buy a power chip from Italian or german suppliers.... The
limiter will be disabled for about $250 and you'll get a bit more power
also. The speed was RADAR checked from a friend Trooper.
The A4 and A6 have a great potential..... unleash it! (I love beating my
BMW 850!!!! nad doing it with 4WD is really cool)

Charles

Marius Berntsen <marb...@online.no> wrote in article
<34B852...@online.no>...

Jack Halpern

non lue,
11 janv. 1998, 03:00:0011/01/1998

>PS I reached 1500 miles today and 180 MPH (limiter disabled) in front of a
>vette... not bad for a full size luxury sedan!

I commute to work in NYC ... I hit 30+ MPH (traffic limiter enabled) in
front of a cab.

>could you be a bit more specific since I didn't notice any of these
>problems?

As for my annoyances ...

I find the passenger-side mirror (which for some unfathomable reason is
about half the size of the driver-side mirror) to give a very poor view of
traffic in the right lane ... an important consideration for navigating in
NYC traffic.

I also find the antenna cheesy ... even my son's 16K Nissan Altima has a
power antenna. I read in another NG that the A4's and A6's antenna is for
phone only but I think that's not true - the A8 antenna is combined
phone/radio. I think it disingenuous that all the A8 literature and
marketing photos show the car with the antenna removed.

<69avf3$q9r$1...@news2.i-2000.com>...

> >PS I reached 1500 miles today and 180 MPH (limiter disabled) in front of
> >vette... not bad for a full size luxury sedan!
>
> I commute to work in NYC ... I hit 30+ MPH (traffic limiter enabled) in
> front of a cab.

I live in Greenwich CT (I assume nearby) and commute to W.Plains every day
or so and I understand what you mean!!!

> >could you be a bit more specific since I didn't notice any of these
> >problems?
>

> As for my annoyances ...
>
> I find the passenger-side mirror (which for some unfathomable reason is
> about half the size of the driver-side mirror) to give a very poor view
of
> traffic in the right lane ... an important consideration for navigating
in
> NYC traffic.

You can buy a full size mirror and have it installed at Pray Audi

> I also find the antenna cheesy ... even my son's 16K Nissan Altima has a
> power antenna. I read in another NG that the A4's and A6's antenna is
for
> phone only but I think that's not true - the A8 antenna is combined
> phone/radio. I think it disingenuous that all the A8 literature and
> marketing photos show the car with the antenna removed.

On my Audi I have an electric antenna.... I don't follow you.
Anyway, The Phone-Radio antenna has always been useless.
> Jack

Marius Berntsen

non lue,
11 janv. 1998, 03:00:0011/01/1998

Charles A. Ambrosecchia wrote:

> It's pretty easy: buy a power chip from Italian or german suppliers.... The
> limiter will be disabled for about $250 and you'll get a bit more power
> also.

Yeah, Chuck, the chip we can afford, it's the rest of the car that would
wreak havoc on our little economy, cash flow-wise. As Knut Kleiven
informed us all, in this country (Norway, you know, the mountains that
obstruct your view of Sweden)) the S8 is marked up to $225 000 w/o
extras, and it doesn't even include a little guy to keep it clean and
polished.

Most of the price (4/5ths?) is taxes which our government needs to feed
the huge bureaucracy needed to invest the fortunes made from mineral
oil, incessantly bursting up from our sea bed. Crude, isn't it? The oil,
I mean.

Enjoy!

:) Marius

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
12 janv. 1998, 03:00:0012/01/1998

Marius:

Don't think that in US taxes are low..... $8000+ just in luxury taxes +
state taxes + HIGH insurance + low life that key your car + ++++

<34B94C...@online.no>...

Knut Kleiven

non lue,
12 janv. 1998, 03:00:0012/01/1998

On 11 Jan 1998 03:10:20 GMT, "Charles A. Ambrosecchia"
<Cha...@masternetinc.com> wrote:

>Suggestion number one: check the price again!

The price that I suggested for the S8 is certainly right, about US$
225.000.
I know it is very hard to believe, but it sure is true...

Marius Berntsen

non lue,
12 janv. 1998, 03:00:0012/01/1998

Hi, Charles

How much was your S8? I bet it was less than $225 000. The difference
comes from lower taxes in the US.

Marius

Elliott Potter

non lue,
12 janv. 1998, 03:00:0012/01/1998

I thought that Audis now had the antennas integrated in the
windshield--have they stopped doing that?

Elliott

--
Elliott

( Douglas Adams )

Jack Halpern

non lue,
12 janv. 1998, 03:00:0012/01/1998

>She STRONGLY agrees that the old mirror (B4 the full size one) wasn't even
>big enough to be used to back out

I have a '98 A8, it has a half-size passenger-side mirror. What are you
referring to as "old mirror (b4 the full size one)"?

>I don't know what you mean, our A8 (S8 package) has a 3 segment short
>electric antenna.

Again, my '98 has a fixed, combo radio/phone antenna. It seems to be
standard on all A4, A6, and A8's I've seen.

Jack

won...@ibm.net

non lue,
13 janv. 1998, 03:00:0013/01/1998

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
13 janv. 1998, 03:00:0013/01/1998

After talking about his with my wife (THE OWNER):

:
[...]

: Jack

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
13 janv. 1998, 03:00:0013/01/1998

I was writing to Skyhawk.($74000.....)

I know that your price is correct.
Charles

Knut Kleiven <knkl...@online.no> wrote in article
<34b9798...@news.sol.no>...
: On 11 Jan 1998 03:10:20 GMT, "Charles A. Ambrosecchia"

:

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
13 janv. 1998, 03:00:0013/01/1998

I know that in mine I have a thre segment 15 Inch long electric antenna.
Charles

Elliott Potter <epo...@abraxis.com> wrote in article
<34BADE03...@abraxis.com>...
: I thought that Audis now had the antennas integrated in the

: windshield--have they stopped doing that?
:
: Elliott
:
: won...@ibm.net wrote:

: >
: > In <69avf3$q9r$1...@news2.i-2000.com>, "Jack Halpern" <ja...@nsa-soft.com>
writes:
: >

: > >I also find the antenna cheesy ... even my son's 16K Nissan Altima has
: > >power antenna. I read in another NG that the A4's and A6's antenna is
for
: > >phone only but I think that's not true - the A8 antenna is combined
: > >phone/radio. I think it disingenuous that all the A8 literature and
: > >marketing photos show the car with the antenna removed.

: > >
: > >Jack

: > >>
: >
: > I have a new A6 with the combined phone/radio antenna and it works
great!
: > Best Phone reception I ever had and, the best stereo reception for the
New York City
: > stations - ( I live in New Jersey).
: >
: > Alan
: >
: > To e-mail, delete the "k" from the name in the address.

:
: --

:

<69emtg$que$1...@news2.i-2000.com>...
:
: >She STRONGLY agrees that the old mirror (B4 the full size one) wasn't

even
: >big enough to be used to back out

I ordered a full size one now..... The old is the small one

: I have a '98 A8, it has a half-size passenger-side mirror. What are you

: referring to as "old mirror (b4 the full size one)"?

:
:
: >I don't know what you mean, our A8 (S8 package) has a 3 segment short
: >electric antenna.
:
: Again, my '98 has a fixed, combo radio/phone antenna. It seems to be

: standard on all A4, A6, and A8's I've seen.

We have an electric black base chrome antenna and it looks very nice!

: Jack
::
Charles

Bennett

SkyHawk <sky...@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<34b8d57e...@news.munich.netsurf.de>...

> On Sat, 10 Jan 1998 15:29:43 GMT, knkl...@online.no (Knut Kleiven)
> wrote:
>

> >On 8 Jan 1998 01:37:10 GMT, "Charles A. Ambrosecchia"

> ><Cha...@masternetinc.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi there:
> >>I had my 98 A8 Quattro for two weeks now and I love it! Any other A8
owner
> >>ou there?
> >>Charles
> >

> >I am just curious....
> >What kind of engine and transmission do you have ?
> >In Europe you get 2.8 V6 and three V8 engines..
> >Is it the same over there ?
> >What did you pay for it ?
> >By the way, the flagship Audi S8 ia a whopping $225,000 here in
> >Norway !

What capacities are the V8 engines?

Michael Reichmann

non lue,
13 janv. 1998, 03:00:0013/01/1998

On 11 Jan 1998 03:12:18 GMT, "Charles A. Ambrosecchia"
<Cha...@masternetinc.com> wrote:

>PS I reached 1500 miles today and 180 MPH (limiter disabled) in front of a
>vette... not bad for a full size luxury sedan!

Charles,

I've had my '98 A8 Quattro (all options) for about 2 months now, with
about 5,00km (3,000) miles on it. Amazing vehicle!

I'm curious about how you had the limiter disabled. Any hints? But,
as I understand it the reason for the limiter in North America is that
we get M&S tires while Europe gets high speed tires as standard. M&S
tires are never rated above 130mph.

Some folks have mentioned the integrated radio/cell antenna. I was
told that the reason for it is that the metalic sandwich glass (which
reduces UV and heat in summer) won't allow a regular cellular antenna
to work. I know that my hand-held GPS receiver goes dead inside the
car and my hand-held cell phone has seriously reduced signal strength.

The smaller right hand mirror is a small complaint, and my remote key
sometimes doesn't work (I think the batteries are going) but otherwise
the car is flawless.

Michael

ps: I'm getting an oil change tomorrow. I think that waiting till
12,000km for the first one, as the book suggestes, is way too long,
particularly here in a Canadian winter.

On 13 Jan 1998 16:15:04 GMT, "Bennett" <rben...@global.co.za> wrote:

>What capacities are the V8 engines?

It is 3.7 litre, 230 bhp, 4.2 litre 300 bhp and the 4.2 340 bhp

Kkl
Knut Kleiven
Bugarden 40
6065 ULSTEINVIK
NORWAY
e-mail: knkl...@online.no

www: http://home.sol.no/~knkleive/cars.html

Eric Phillips

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Michael Reichmann wrote:

> I'm curious about how you had the limiter disabled. Any hints? But,
> as I understand it the reason for the limiter in North America is that
> we get M&S tires while Europe gets high speed tires as standard. M&S
> tires are never rated above 130mph.

Er, um, I think V-rated tires are good to 149 mph, and I have Pirelli
P4000 V-rated tires that say M+S on the side, so, does that mean that they
are not M+S or that you are mistaken?

Eric

'90 Audi 80Q

PTDANIEL

non lue,
14 janv. 1998, 03:00:0014/01/1998

>> we get M&S tires while Europe gets high speed tires as standard. M&S
>> tires are never rated above 130mph.
>
>Er, um, I think V-rated tires are good to 149 mph, and I have Pirelli
>P4000 V-rated tires that say M+S on the side, so, does that mean that they
>are not M+S or that you are mistaken?

And then there are tires like those found on my 325iX: Dunlop sport 4000s: Z
rated M+S tires.

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
14 janv. 1998, 03:00:0014/01/1998

Well... all you need is a computer chip from Italy or spain, they will add
much power and disable the speed limiter.

Mine came with very lousy Good Year LS, I called Audi USA and complained
about it. Anyway I replaced them with Pirelli P7000 or something like that
(Z RATED).

Just one funny accident: this evening my wifes remote didn't work
anymore... I will chek the battery too...

I am having a problem understanding what type of antenna do you guys
have... I have an electric antenna on the left rear fender, it is cromed
(except the base... black) three short segments. Could somebody tell me
what type of antenna do you have? What is the one that shoould've been on
the car?
--
Charles
98 C5 Coupe Purple Z51 Callaway------->>>>>

Time is limited.... get there fast!

Michael Reichmann <mich...@interlog.com> wrote in article
<34bbdd53...@news.interlog.com>...
: On 11 Jan 1998 03:12:18 GMT, "Charles A. Ambrosecchia"

: <Cha...@masternetinc.com> wrote:
:
: >
[...]

Well...

This is funny we have different antennas, different tires (My LS were very
noisy!!!)
Anyway:
Usually M+S are H rated, but I learned that they also have V rated ones...

--

Eric Phillips <ri...@scorpio.als.orst.edu> wrote in article
<Pine.LNX.3.96.980113...@scorpio.als.orst.edu>...

PTDANIEL <ptda...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19980114042...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

: >> we get M&S tires while Europe gets high speed tires as standard. M&S
: >> tires are never rated above 130mph.
: >
: >Er, um, I think V-rated tires are good to 149 mph, and I have Pirelli
: >P4000 V-rated tires that say M+S on the side, so, does that mean that
they
: >are not M+S or that you are mistaken?
:
: And then there are tires like those found on my 325iX: Dunlop sport

4000s: Z
: rated M+S tires.

Very nice.... The 3 series is to be compared to the A4.....
However: the Dunlop sport 4000 are not such good tires for handling on wet
surfaces.

jay felter

non lue,
14 janv. 1998, 03:00:0014/01/1998

OOPS! Charles, remember that you have an Audi S8 "European Version", not
available in the USA. I guess that because you were a racing driver for
Audi in Germany, Audi USA was willing to help you with your tire
problem on your European version car. You were really lucky to get it
into the USA and make it pass EPA/DOT laws, which I'm sure you did
before it was registered in NY. You are one lucky guy.

CAA wrote:

> Well... all you need is a computer chip from Italy or spain, they will add
> much power and disable the speed limiter.
>
> Mine came with very lousy Good Year LS, I called Audi USA and complained
> about it. Anyway I replaced them with Pirelli P7000 or something like that
> (Z RATED).
>
> Just one funny accident: this evening my wifes remote didn't work
> anymore... I will chek the battery too...
>
> I am having a problem understanding what type of antenna do you guys
> have... I have an electric antenna on the left rear fender, it is cromed
> (except the base... black) three short segments. Could somebody tell me
> what type of antenna do you have? What is the one that shoould've been on
> the car?

> --
> Charles
> 98 C5 Coupe Purple Z51 Callaway------->>>>>
> 98 Audi S8 Forest Green --------------------->>>>>
> 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Pewter-------->>>>>
> 96 Chevy Blazer Silver------------------------>>>>>
> 97 Crownline 330CR--------------------------->>>>>
> 98 Hatteras 67' Sportsdeck---------------->>>>>
>
> Time is limited.... get there fast!

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
14 janv. 1998, 03:00:0014/01/1998

Mr. Felter:

What I did is my business. As far as you, you should stop instgating people
and myself. Some day somebody will teach you how to keep you mouth SHUT!
........ Be jelous somewhere else!

--
Charles
98 C5 Coupe Purple Z51 Callaway------->>>>>
98 Audi S8 Forest Green --------------------->>>>>
97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Pewter-------->>>>>
96 Chevy Blazer Silver------------------------>>>>>
97 Crownline 330CR--------------------------->>>>>
98 Hatteras 67' Sportsdeck---------------->>>>>

Time is limited.... get there fast!

jay felter <jfe...@airmail.net> wrote in article
<F27AF81F964AB67D.F875A614...@library-proxy.airnews.ne
t>...
: OOPS! Charles, remember that you have an Audi S8 "European Version", not

:

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
14 janv. 1998, 03:00:0014/01/1998

I took a look at the original OEM tires ( I kept them) they clearly state
S+M before the size and 98V after it, they were V rated, as before stated
up to 149MPH.

CAA <NO SPAM@NO SPAM.COM> wrote in article
<01bd20ae$c56b8c00$0200a8c0@charlesa>...
: PTDANIEL <ptda...@aol.com> wrote in article

: <19980114042...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
: : >> we get M&S tires while Europe gets high speed tires as standard.
M&S
: : >> tires are never rated above 130mph.
: : >
: : >Er, um, I think V-rated tires are good to 149 mph, and I have Pirelli
: : >P4000 V-rated tires that say M+S on the side, so, does that mean that
: they
: : >are not M+S or that you are mistaken?
: :
: : And then there are tires like those found on my 325iX: Dunlop sport
: 4000s: Z
: : rated M+S tires.
:
: Very nice.... The 3 series is to be compared to the A4.....
: However: the Dunlop sport 4000 are not such good tires for handling on
wet
: surfaces.

:
:
: --

:
:

K. Podolnick

non lue,
14 janv. 1998, 03:00:0014/01/1998

I agree with others who've posted regarding the small passenger-side
rear view mirror, the antenna and the Goodyear Eagle LS tires on the
98 A8. I find all three to be annoyances. I may wind up changing the
tires to Michelin Pilot XGT V4 all weather. Are there any other all
weather tire suggestions?

Have any of you tried using an internally mounted EZ Pass in the NY
area? I suppose the insulated glass will create a problem. I have
not yet passed through an EZ Pass toll booth with my new A8 but I'm
prepared to hold the thing out the window or sunroof if necessary. I
know EZ Pass makes a plate mounted transceiver but I'm reluctant to
try one of those despite the "tamper proof" mounting hardware.

K. Podolnick

Michael Reichmann

non lue,
15 janv. 1998, 03:00:0015/01/1998

On 14 Jan 1998 05:38:14 GMT, "CAA" <NO SPAM@NO SPAM.COM> wrote:

>Well...
>
>This is funny we have different antennas, different tires (My LS were very
>noisy!!!)
>Anyway:
>Usually M+S are H rated, but I learned that they also have V rated ones...

I stand corrected on the tires. I was repeating what I was told by my
dealer.

My tires are 98V rated Eagle LS, and frankly I don't find them
particularly noisy.

My antenna is a combined radio/cellular in the form of a permanent
mast (non-retracting). It comes with a small plastic tool for
removing it at car washes. I'd prefer a retractable for convenience
reasons, but no big deal.

As for top speed, living in the east (Ontario) I don't particularly
feel restricted by 130mph, or whatever it is. I was able to cruise
effortlessly at 100-110 for about an hour a few weeks ago on a trip
from Toronto to Montreal because a very nice fellow in a 325i decided
that he wanted to drive faster than me -- so I let him, hanging back
about a half mile. Though I felt badly for him I couldn't help
smiling as I passed him at the radar trap. :-)

Michael

ps: Last summer in Germany I cruised for a short while at about
225kph (140mph) in a busines acquaintance's A8. The most calm and
stable high speed ride I've ever had. That's what convinced me to get
one. (Don't recall what tires he had but as I now recall they seemed
no quieter than the LSs do now).

K. Podolnick <kpo...@ibm.net> wrote in article
<34be143d...@snews.zippo.com>...
: I agree with others who've posted regarding the small passenger-side

: rear view mirror, the antenna and the Goodyear Eagle LS tires on the
: 98 A8. I find all three to be annoyances. I may wind up changing the
: tires to Michelin Pilot XGT V4 all weather. Are there any other all
: weather tire suggestions?

Yes: use the Pirelli P7000 Supersport ALL WEATHER Z rated, they work very
well for me.... Unless you want another set of LS... they were sucha
disaster on the concrete roads they sounded terrible and when cornering
hard you could hear them!!!

: Have any of you tried using an internally mounted EZ Pass in the NY

: area? I suppose the insulated glass will create a problem. I have
: not yet passed through an EZ Pass toll booth with my new A8 but I'm
: prepared to hold the thing out the window or sunroof if necessary. I
: know EZ Pass makes a plate mounted transceiver but I'm reluctant to
: try one of those despite the "tamper proof" mounting hardware.

It doesn't work while inside the car.. and the tamper proof screws.... they
were a double waste of money as some low life stole it from my Corvette
causing some major damage to the bumper and hood!

:
: K. Podolnick
:

[...]

Could someone tell me what type of antenna do their cars have?
What is so bad about it?

Dave Moore

non lue,
15 janv. 1998, 03:00:0015/01/1998

Just for the record dince everyone else is talking about antennas and
tires. My Audi 5000cs when i bought it the anenna was busted. I couldnt
get meany stations 4 at max (and that was on a clear day in an open
spot) I went to the dealership to replace the thing said it would be
$100 for the whole thing. Moter, antenna, some wires, some other crud i
probally wouldnt need. I didnt need music that bad. So anyway my friend
gets me an antenna for my birthday. Got it at some little hole in the
wall auto store. Didnt cost more then $30. Installed it in less than
thirty minets. Works great.

Tires. i use the Pirelli P7000's too. Beautifual works of art for a car.

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
15 janv. 1998, 03:00:0015/01/1998

Just a suggestion to the fellow owners:

If you are looking at new tires take a look at :

www.tirerack.com!

--
Charles
98 C5 Coupe Purple Z51 Callaway------->>>>>
98 Audi S8 Forest Green --------------------->>>>>
97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Pewter-------->>>>>
96 Chevy Blazer Silver------------------------>>>>>
97 Crownline 330CR--------------------------->>>>>
98 Hatteras 67' Sportsdeck---------------->>>>>

Time is limited.... get there fast!

Please neglect the following 3 lines:
rhu...@fcc.gov jqu...@fcc.gov sn...@fcc.gov
rch...@fcc.gov pyr...@ftc.gov
ab...@one.net ab...@bigfoot.com

Dave Moore <dmo...@roco.bloomington.k12.mn.us> wrote in article
<34BE35F7...@roco.bloomington.k12.mn.us>...
: Just for the record dince everyone else is talking about antennas and

:

jay felter

non lue,
15 janv. 1998, 03:00:0015/01/1998

Charles, remember that registration scan that you posted for your/your
wife's/your dad's Audi "S8" which is the special European "ex-factory
racing driver" 475HP version?

The guys at Audi must have sent you the wrong car!

WAUAF84DO-------- means the following:
4th digit of A = 3.7L A8 (B means 4.2L)
5th digit of F = 3.7L Gas Engine 230HP

Maybe the DMV made a mistake!

This might be hard, but try it:

"I don't have an Audi S8, I didn't go 180 MPH, I didn't race for Audi in
Europe, I promise not to waste everybody's time posting things that are
not true and did not happen"

You might feel better.

CAA wrote:

> Mr. Felter:
>
> What I did is my business. As far as you, you should stop instgating people
> and myself. Some day somebody will teach you how to keep you mouth SHUT!
> ........ Be jelous somewhere else!
>

> --
> Charles
> 98 C5 Coupe Purple Z51 Callaway------->>>>>
> 98 Audi S8 Forest Green --------------------->>>>>
> 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Pewter-------->>>>>
> 96 Chevy Blazer Silver------------------------>>>>>
> 97 Crownline 330CR--------------------------->>>>>
> 98 Hatteras 67' Sportsdeck---------------->>>>>
>
> Time is limited.... get there fast!
>

> : > --

> : > Charles
> : > 98 C5 Coupe Purple Z51 Callaway------->>>>>
> : > 98 Audi S8 Forest Green --------------------->>>>>
> : > 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Pewter-------->>>>>
> : > 96 Chevy Blazer Silver------------------------>>>>>
> : > 97 Crownline 330CR--------------------------->>>>>
> : > 98 Hatteras 67' Sportsdeck---------------->>>>>
> : >
> : > Time is limited.... get there fast!

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
15 janv. 1998, 03:00:0015/01/1998

It is indeed the best ride availible, it makes me take trips to my mother
in law more often.....

(45 minutes ride)

--
Charles
98 C5 Coupe Purple Z51 Callaway------->>>>>
98 Audi S8 Forest Green --------------------->>>>>
97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Pewter-------->>>>>
96 Chevy Blazer Silver------------------------>>>>>
97 Crownline 330CR--------------------------->>>>>
98 Hatteras 67' Sportsdeck---------------->>>>>

Time is limited.... get there fast!

Please neglect the following 3 lines:

Michael Reichmann <mich...@interlog.com> wrote in article

<34bd6c7f...@news.interlog.com>...

:
:
:
:

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
15 janv. 1998, 03:00:0015/01/1998

I think you need to wise up!

--
Charles
98 C5 Coupe Purple Z51 Callaway------->>>>>
98 Audi S8 Forest Green --------------------->>>>>
97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Pewter-------->>>>>
96 Chevy Blazer Silver------------------------>>>>>
97 Crownline 330CR--------------------------->>>>>
98 Hatteras 67' Sportsdeck---------------->>>>>

Time is limited.... get there fast!

jay felter <jfe...@airmail.net> wrote in article

<04B99508810201B2.1C3C1B14...@library-proxy.airnews.ne
t>...
[...]

: CAA wrote:
: >
: > Mr. Felter:
: >
[...]

: > : > --

: > : > Charles
: > : > 98 C5 Coupe Purple Z51 Callaway------->>>>>
: > : > 98 Audi S8 Forest Green --------------------->>>>>
: > : > 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Pewter-------->>>>>
: > : > 96 Chevy Blazer Silver------------------------>>>>>
: > : > 97 Crownline 330CR--------------------------->>>>>
: > : > 98 Hatteras 67' Sportsdeck---------------->>>>>
: > : >
: > : > Time is limited.... get there fast!

: > : >
: > : > Michael Reichmann <mich...@interlog.com> wrote in article
: > : > <34bbdd53...@news.interlog.com>...

: > :
:

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, jay felter wrote:

> Charles, remember that registration scan that you posted for your/your
> wife's/your dad's Audi "S8" which is the special European "ex-factory
> racing driver" 475HP version?
>
> The guys at Audi must have sent you the wrong car!
>
> WAUAF84DO-------- means the following:
> 4th digit of A = 3.7L A8 (B means 4.2L)
> 5th digit of F = 3.7L Gas Engine 230HP
>
> Maybe the DMV made a mistake!
>
> This might be hard, but try it:
>
> "I don't have an Audi S8, I didn't go 180 MPH, I didn't race for Audi in
> Europe, I promise not to waste everybody's time posting things that are
> not true and did not happen"
>
> You might feel better.

<stupid stuff snipped>

> > : OOPS! Charles, remember that you have an Audi S8 "European Version", not
> > : available in the USA. I guess that because you were a racing driver for
> > : Audi in Germany, Audi USA was willing to help you with your tire
> > : problem on your European version car. You were really lucky to get it
> > : into the USA and make it pass EPA/DOT laws, which I'm sure you did
> > : before it was registered in NY. You are one lucky guy.
> > :

<more stupid stuff hacked>

Jay, Jay - lay off the poor guy, will ya? He's obviously too stupid to
have a real life, and can only get laid by getting his hand drunk first,
so he has to post really stupid stuff to an otherwise superb newsgroup.
You exposing his assinine lies probably hurts his feelings - it's not fair
that an adult pick on a child that way. <Keep it up, Jay - I learn how
_not_ to do things from Chuck "Autoerotica"!> Charles (Chuck, Dipshit,
whatever,) you don't know dick about any cars, especially Audis, so get
off the newsgroup and concentrate your full attention on masturbation.

BTW, my real, full e-mail is attached if you have the balls to match wits
( of which you have very little.)

Eric.

P.S. Thanks for the work, Jay.

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
15 janv. 1998, 03:00:0015/01/1998

Besides I didn't post any scan of my WIFE'S car registration!

--
[...]

: CAA wrote:
: >
: > Mr. Felter:
: >
[...]

AndyBranch

non lue,
15 janv. 1998, 03:00:0015/01/1998

I own an a8 with warm weather package. Tolltag system in Dallas will not work
with this package (apparently fine without) I use a tollway multiple times
daily and have a plate unit. I have had no problems with tampering in 6 months
of use. I imagine it is just about as easy to steal a window mounted unit as
is is to steal a plate mounted one, and a "pocketable" window transceiver is
much more desirable than a bulky plate model. You got bigger things to worry
about than someone swiping your transciever. Get whatever is more convenient
for the places you drive.
Enjoy your car!

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
15 janv. 1998, 03:00:0015/01/1998

Hey kid:

Get out of college first, get a job and we will then talk....

--
Charles
98 C5 Coupe Purple Z51 Callaway------->>>>>
98 Audi S8 Forest Green --------------------->>>>>
97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Pewter-------->>>>>
96 Chevy Blazer Silver------------------------>>>>>
97 Crownline 330CR--------------------------->>>>>
98 Hatteras 67' Sportsdeck---------------->>>>>

Time is limited.... get there fast!

Eric Phillips <ri...@scorpio.als.orst.edu> wrote in article

<Pine.LNX.3.96.980115...@scorpio.als.orst.edu>...
:
:
[...]

: > > :
:

: <more stupid stuff hacked>

:
:

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
15 janv. 1998, 03:00:0015/01/1998

Is that the package with the fancy sunroof?

--

AndyBranch <andyb...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19980115205...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...
: I own an a8 with warm weather package. Tolltag system in Dallas will not

:

jay felter

non lue,
15 janv. 1998, 03:00:0015/01/1998

Dear Charles,

I'm pretty sure that you put the "are" in the second line by mistake.
You can be sure that this "phantom poster" using your name is not me,
because I'm lucky to hit the right keys when I try to type!
Now get back to enjoying those cars that you don't have!
Best regards,
Jay Felter

SPAM@nospam.com CAA

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

Some IDIOT is posting messages using my E-mail address and I don't like
this, if it's you are Mr Felter I will pursue this matter!

Subject: Re: mega event
From: "Charles A. Ambrosecchia" <Cha...@masternetinc.com>
Date: 1997/12/19

IT IS A VIOLATION OF THE FEDERAL LAW TO DO THIS, AN EXAMPLE IS ABOVE!

--
Charles
98 C5 Coupe Purple Z51 Callaway------->>>>>
98 Audi S8 Forest Green --------------------->>>>>
97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Pewter-------->>>>>
96 Chevy Blazer Silver------------------------>>>>>
97 Crownline 330CR--------------------------->>>>>
98 Hatteras 67' Sportsdeck---------------->>>>>

Time is limited.... get there fast!

Michael Reichmann

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

Tool systems and GPS receivers won't work inside a A8 with the
metailized glass. Does anyone know how radar detectors do? I haven't
owned one in a while (illegal here in Ontario) but I'm thinking of
getting a new one.

Michael

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

I am taking this matter in serious consideration since false documents,
postings and information has been posted regarding myself. The responsible
is liable for all the expenses and they are already hefty!

False information, forged documents etc. are serious matters!
--
Charles
98 C5 Coupe Medium Pearl Purple Z51 Callaway->>>>>

http://www.masternetinc.com

jay felter <jfe...@airmail.net> wrote in article

<91FA7CB6788E20D1.E5F5B723...@library-proxy.airnews.ne
t>...
: Dear Charles,

:

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

The dealer was telling me that the inside ones don't work too good either,
but I don't know if it was because he was trying to sell me the M whatever
that they install (Audi). You can have one with exterior sensors installed
for $350

--

<34bebf5...@news.interlog.com>...
: Tool systems and GPS receivers won't work inside a A8 with the

:
:

Eric Phillips

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

> Hey kid:
>
> Get out of college first, get a job and we will then talk....

<List of non-existant vehicles snipped>

> Eric Phillips <ri...@scorpio.als.orst.edu> wrote in article

> : On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, jay felter wrote:

<Lie-exposing evidence snipped>

Mr. Autoerotica:

(Chuck, Dipshit, whatever,) some colleges employ highly educated,
well-trained professionals to do things - these folks are often referred
to as "professors." Of course, you wouldn't know anything about that,
seeing as you know nothing in the first place. Your witty one-liner,
unfortunately, lacks wit.

Eric

'56 Mercedes 300 SLC Gullwing
'97 Diablo VT
'86 Porsche 959
'52 Aircraft carrier "Enterprise"
'82 Space Shuttle Atlantis

(I don't own these, but it's fun to _imagine_ that I do - and the
insurance - OUCH! <g> )

P.S. To other readers of this group - Chuck didn't bother to e-mail me
directly, because he lacks the courage to do so, but I _would_ enjoy
hearing from other folks on their Quattro experience. I have a '90 Audi
80Q and find it a blast to drive. Its electrics are a little screwy, but
nothing that isn't just merely annoying. Opinions? (not you Chuck.)

P.P.S. Jay, keep it up.

Eric Phillips

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

On 16 Jan 1998, Charles A. Ambrosecchia wrote:

<idiotic stuff snipped>

> Charles
> 98 C5 Coupe Medium Pearl Purple Z51 Callaway->>>>>
> 98 Audi S8 Emerald Mica Metallic ----------------------->>>>>

Hey, Spanker, er, Spanky!

Did you get a different S8, or your forest green one repainted - seems a
shame to mess up that beautiful Audi paint - but when the car is
imaginary, you can paint it perfectly in any color, at no cost! You are a
complete and total wanker, tosser, et.c.

Post to newsgroups like alt.sex.bestiality.goats, where you belong. Oh,
and BTW, my _real_ e-mail is still available....

Eric

> jay felter <jfe...@airmail.net> wrote in article

> : Dear Charles,

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

Your are pretty stupid to be a college professor, I just reported the exact
color from the Audi designation, Emerald is GREEN!
--
Charles
98 C5 Coupe Medium Pearl Purple Z51 Callaway->>>>>
98 Audi S8 Emerald Mica Metallic ----------------------->>>>>

http://www.masternetinc.com

Eric Phillips <ri...@scorpio.als.orst.edu> wrote in article

<Pine.LNX.3.96.980116...@scorpio.als.orst.edu>...
:
:

: > :
: >
: >
:
:

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

Typical example of inferiority complex.

The main symptom: Cronic Jealousy

Eric Phillips

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

On 16 Jan 1998, Charles A. Ambrosecchia wrote:

<again, idiotic stuff snipped>

> : On 16 Jan 1998, Charles A. Ambrosecchia wrote:
> :
> : <idiotic stuff snipped>
> :

<flames from 2 people snipped>

Chuck, I'd love to trade barbs with you, because it keeps you from
misleading the other folks on this group with real Audis, but your lack of
wit is tiresome - can't you thing of anything better? No better
name-calling? BTW, forest green and emerald green are very different
colors. That rebuttal aside, I will do my best to make sure that any info
you make up and give to people on this group is debunked. Go play with
your toys, little boy, and pray that your parents don't take your PC away.

Eric

(As usual, no e-mail reply from the very verbose, but exceedingly silly
Charles Autoerotica.)

Eric Phillips

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

On 16 Jan 1998, Charles A. Ambrosecchia wrote:

;) Now he's a psychiatrist! ;)

> Typical example of inferiority complex.
>
> The main symptom: Cronic Jealousy
> --
> Charles
> 98 C5 Coupe Medium Pearl Purple Z51 Callaway->>>>>
> 98 Audi S8 Emerald Mica Metallic ----------------------->>>>>
>
> http://www.masternetinc.com

> Eric Phillips <ri...@scorpio.als.orst.edu> wrote in article

> : On 16 Jan 1998, Charles A. Ambrosecchia wrote:
> :
> : <idiotic stuff snipped>
> :

*Yawn* Only two days, and this is old already. I was hoping to exchange
witty barbs with someone who has very little automotive knowledge, but a
lot of bluster. Jay Felter's approach was better (my apologies to you,
Jay.) Chuck, our resident idiot, has proven his lack of knowledge over
and over (e.g. no such thing as M+S tires with a rating higher than H,)
yet few call his bluff. Obviously not from North America (or any
English-speaking country,) he claims he lives in CT. With an F50. Ferrari
says it ain't so. (Location of registry available, BTW) I suspect Norway
or Denmark, but it's just a guess. I also suspect <18 years of age, maybe
< 16. His command of idiomatic English is actually quite poor, so he's
easily confused by it. Poor spelling is not the hallmark of success (see
above comment, below psychiatry info.) Chuck, you are too stupid to even
have read about these cars, let alone drive one. I could go on and on,
but instead will just rebut with real info when necessary.

Last but not least, I would not prefer any of the cars he has listed below
his name (insurance rates alone would kill anyone with less cash than Sam
Walton, then think about maintenance - OWWEE!) or whatever vehicles he has
listed. Even if I were rich (university employees seldom are :) ), I
would still opt for a Q-ship kind of car (like a blown Gremlin, LOL.)
Dream up more stuff Chucky, exposing your looney imaginings gives me
something to do during my breaks.

Eric

'90 Audi 80Q

Eric Phillips

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

On 16 Jan 1998, Charles A. Ambrosecchia wrote:

> The dealer was telling me that the inside ones don't work too good either,
> but I don't know if it was because he was trying to sell me the M whatever
> that they install (Audi). You can have one with exterior sensors installed
> for $350
> --
> Charles

<imaginary vehicles snipped>

Yo, not in Ontario (that's in Canada, BTW.) He'll have to go aftermarket
(Since it's illegal to possess a RD in Canada, the dealer _will not_ put
one in, at any price. Sheesh.) like in the Automotive Accessories catalog
- look 'em up in european car mag.

Eric

'90 Audi 80Q

[...]

You need to do some homework you IDIOT! I have 98V rated M+S tires as money
other Audi owners do! They do have V and Z rated all season tires, now get
back to do your homework

: English-speaking country,) he claims he lives in CT. With an F50. Ferrari

: says it ain't so. (Location of registry available, BTW) I suspect Norway
: or Denmark, but it's just a guess. I also suspect <18 years of age,
maybe
: < 16. His command of idiomatic English is actually quite poor, so he's
: easily confused by it. Poor spelling is not the hallmark of success (see
: above comment, below psychiatry info.) Chuck, you are too stupid to even
: have read about these cars, let alone drive one. I could go on and on,
: but instead will just rebut with real info when necessary.

Just wise up, if I wasn't in the US I wouldn't be able to use a US
domain!!! feel free to take a look at our website!

http://www.masternetinc.com

: Last but not least, I would not prefer any of the cars he has listed

below
: his name (insurance rates alone would kill anyone with less cash than Sam
: Walton, then think about maintenance - OWWEE!) or whatever vehicles he
has
: listed. Even if I were rich (university employees seldom are :) ), I
: would still opt for a Q-ship kind of car (like a blown Gremlin, LOL.)
: Dream up more stuff Chucky, exposing your looney imaginings gives me
: something to do during my breaks.

I am sure that your system administrator will have something to say:

----------------------
We will talk Mr. Phillips and remind him of our acceptable use policy. We
certainly do not condone such behavior and take appropriate steps.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Jon.

Jonathan Dolan
Network Services
Oregon State University
Jon....@orst.edu

* No trees died to complete this transaction
-----------------------------------

I will avoid the comment from the Dean, but Monday you will hear it!

: Eric
:
: '90 Audi 80Q
:
Buy yourself a new car!

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

What's your problem?
In NY and CT they are also illegal but many people uses them (I don't,
since they will catch you anyway)

--

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, Michael Reichmann wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 14:36:37 -0800, Eric Phillips
> <ri...@scorpio.als.orst.edu> wrote:
>
> That's not quite correct in several ways Eric. Firstly, radar
> detector laws are provincial, not federal. Ontario (like Mass. for
> example) doesn't allow detectors but several other provinces do.
>
> As for dealers installing a remote unit, I have no doubt that my
> dealer would, if his palm was crossed with the appropriate amount of
> silver. There is no law here against making detectors, (Bell, for
> example, is a Canadian company), importing, installing or owning a
> radar detector. The only thing that you can't legally do is USE one.
> (Don't you love that mindset)?
>
> So, I'm still wondering if anyone has tried a portable like the
> Passport Solo in an A8. It would clip very nicely to the middle visor
> and be quite unobtrusive.
>
> Michael

You are absolutely correct - I was mistaken about provincial vs. national.
I spent some time in BC and heard some very interesting stories regarding
US citizens going up and getting ticketed AND having their detector
confiscated. Ooops! I would think that a dealer would not risk the whole
mess and send you to an independent shop for that, but right you are -
enough dollars (US or Canadian) - and you can get anyone to do anything
(well, almost.) If the gentleman is a gambler, he could try an
"undetectable" detector - but I've heard rumors that they can be detected
at short range. Is this true anyone?

Eric

P.S. If the glass has a metal coating, no internal radio device will
receive outside signals (you'll be in a rolling Faraday Cage!)

On 17 Jan 1998, Charles A. Ambrosecchia wrote:

> insurance:
> All cars between $1000 $1970 each

Conservatively, $7K/yr. Too much.

> Maintenance:
> Most of it I do it myself and I only use two of them a lot!

None of those cars are DIY maint., unless you've got a really
well-equipped shop. You don't, Q.E.D.

> : listed. Even if I were rich (university employees seldom are :) ),
>

> You stated that you were a professor.... what happened? They make $50-250K

I did?? I don't recall calling myself a professor - a university employs
many different kinds of professionals - Computer guys, office staff,
administration, research staff - and a professor is but _one_ of the many
types of employees here. BTW, at OSU, professors don't make that kind of
dough. Even department heads.

Like I said - don't need cars like that, never did. Had a 911 once,
though - it was old and not well-taken-care-of - a black hole that my
wallet couldn't fill. That cured me of high-buck cars. You can have fun
dreaming about imaginary cars, tho'

Eric

Eric Phillips

non lue,
16 janv. 1998, 03:00:0016/01/1998

Boring. (No problems for me, anyway - nice bluff though.)

My apologies to this newsgroup (except Chucky.) I have lost interest in
this particular discussion over imaginary vehicles. I'll let Jay take it
from here, because his technique is much more humorous.

Eric

'90 Audi 80Q (real car, handles our crummy weather pretty well.)

On 16 Jan 1998, Charles A. Ambrosecchia wrote:

> : > : <idiotic stuff snipped>

<Yada, yada, yada.>

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
17 janv. 1998, 03:00:0017/01/1998

: Last but not least, I would not prefer any of the cars he has listed
below
: his name (insurance rates alone would kill anyone with less cash than Sam
: Walton, then think about maintenance - OWWEE!) or whatever vehicles he
has

insurance:

All cars between $1000 $1970 each

Maintenance:

Most of it I do it myself and I only use two of them a lot!

: listed. Even if I were rich (university employees seldom are :) ),

You stated that you were a professor.... what happened? They make $50-250K

: would still opt for a Q-ship kind of car (like a blown Gremlin, LOL.)
: Dream up more stuff Chucky, exposing your looney imaginings gives me
: something to do during my breaks.

:
: Eric
:
: '90 Audi 80Q

Michael Reichmann

non lue,
17 janv. 1998, 03:00:0017/01/1998

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 14:36:37 -0800, Eric Phillips
<ri...@scorpio.als.orst.edu> wrote:

>Yo, not in Ontario (that's in Canada, BTW.) He'll have to go aftermarket
>(Since it's illegal to possess a RD in Canada, the dealer _will not_ put
>one in, at any price. Sheesh.) like in the Automotive Accessories catalog
>- look 'em up in european car mag.

That's not quite correct in several ways Eric. Firstly, radar

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
17 janv. 1998, 03:00:0017/01/1998

Michael:

As I wrote earlier it doesn't work (at least my brother in law's) since we
tried it the day I had 1000 miles and we wanted to see what the beast was
capable of.....

He had a uniden which talks and has a letter-display, sorry but don't know
the model.

--

<34bff9e4...@news.interlog.com>...
: On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 14:36:37 -0800, Eric Phillips

:
:

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
17 janv. 1998, 03:00:0017/01/1998

They can't be detected at any distance!

The radar detector detector cannot detect the presence of a VG2 capable
radar detector

--
[...]

Don't think so

: > Maintenance:

: > Most of it I do it myself and I only use two of them a lot!
:

: None of those cars are DIY maint., unless you've got a really

: well-equipped shop. You don't, Q.E.D.

I do! Including a lift.....

: > : listed. Even if I were rich (university employees seldom are :) ),

: >
: > You stated that you were a professor.... what happened? They make
$50-250K
:

: I did?? I don't recall calling myself a professor - a university employs

: many different kinds of professionals - Computer guys, office staff,
: administration, research staff - and a professor is but _one_ of the many
: types of employees here. BTW, at OSU, professors don't make that kind of
: dough. Even department heads.

I based the estimate on NY and CT earnings and acquaintances

: Like I said - don't need cars like that, never did. Had a 911 once,

: though - it was old and not well-taken-care-of - a black hole that my
: wallet couldn't fill. That cured me of high-buck cars. You can have fun
: dreaming about imaginary cars, tho'

Do that!

: Eric

Sold the Audi?

Peter Plangger

non lue,
17 janv. 1998, 03:00:0017/01/1998

Hi Charles,

with this '375 HP Emerald Green Mica Metallic S8' you might watch me
pass you by in fourth gear with windows open.

regards,
Peter

'91 Audi 90 2.3E

Charles A. Ambrosecchia schrieb in Nachricht
<01bd22f3$2f3a7740$0200a8c0@charlesa>...
>Just to be precise "Emeral Green Mica Metallic..."
>
>BTW You should look into a new car since I had the same thing and
lasted
>only 2 years!

Charles A. Ambrosecchia

non lue,
17 janv. 1998, 03:00:0017/01/1998

Sadly wrong but......

And anyway from Denmark..... I am in the USA

--
Charles
98 C5 Coupe Medium Pearl Purple Z51 Callaway->>>>>
98 Audi S8 Emerald Mica Metallic ----------------------->>>>>

http://www.masternetinc.com

Peter Plangger <pe...@z.zgs.de> wrote in article
<69pr8n$gd...@msheas02.msh.de>...