XCOMUTIL 9.30 now available

Scott T Jones

Apr 5, 2003, 4:42:30 PM4/5/03
XCOMUTIL 9.30 is now available from my web site listed below. New features
include:

- TFTD for Windows split to allow full support by XcomUtil, without using
XcomWinR
- AutoCombat now available for both XCOM and TFTD at any time during combat
- XcomUtil will attempt to recover MIAs who were mind controlled during combat
- Minor updates to SDUMP and XDUMP.BAT to reduce the size of dumps
- More hooks in RunXcom(W) for add-on developers
- RunXcom and RunXcomW combined, XcomWinR eliminated

Some users may experience temporary hangs when using the new split executables
with f0dder's loader. If this happens, just switch to the command line with
the loader
in the title bar and press Ctrl-C. The program should continue normally
without errors.

Some XCOM functions are not yet supported for TFTD, such as Research Help from
Captives. As I get these ported to TFTD, I will probably release them as
versions
9.31, 9.32, and so on.
-------------------------------
Scott T Jones
Author of XCOMUTIL (current version 9.30)
Author of APOCUTIL (current version 1.00)
-------------------------------
http://XcomUtil.ScottTJones.com

Warren

Apr 8, 2003, 9:52:36 AM4/8/03
stj...@aol.com (Scott T Jones) wrote in message news:<20030405164230...@mb-fd.aol.com>...

> XCOMUTIL 9.30 is now available from my web site listed below. New features
> include:
>
> - TFTD for Windows split to allow full support by XcomUtil, without using
> XcomWinR

Cool. Been waiting for this one for a while. :)

> Some XCOM functions are not yet supported for TFTD, such as Research Help from
> Captives. As I get these ported to TFTD, I will probably release them as
> versions
> 9.31, 9.32, and so on.

Hm, the comment about the research is a surprise because last I
recall, you didn't plan on doing that with TFTD. Maybe just because
of the problems splitting the file. Anyway, sounds great and will
look forward to it as I've always favored TFTD unlike most. Get my
butt kicked .... but, I guess I like the larger variety of terrain.
Time to fire it up again. :)

Thanks again for the great work.

Warren

Baard

Apr 9, 2003, 12:26:21 AM4/9/03
stj...@aol.com (Scott T Jones) wrote in message news:<20030405164230...@mb-fd.aol.com>...
> XCOMUTIL 9.30 is now available from my web site listed below. New features
> include:
>
> - TFTD for Windows split to allow full support by XcomUtil, without using
> XcomWinR
> - AutoCombat now available for both XCOM and TFTD at any time during combat
> - XcomUtil will attempt to recover MIAs who were mind controlled during combat
> - Minor updates to SDUMP and XDUMP.BAT to reduce the size of dumps
> - More hooks in RunXcom(W) for add-on developers
> - RunXcom and RunXcomW combined, XcomWinR eliminated

First, let me say GREAT JOB! I appreciate your work... I wish I knew
programming myself so I could do things like this.

Secondly, I have a question.
I haven't seen any place where I actually can use the AutoCombat
function. Where is it? How do you use it?

Cheers.

Baard

Hobbes

Apr 9, 2003, 9:33:59 AM4/9/03
> Secondly, I have a question.
> I haven't seen any place where I actually can use the AutoCombat
> function. Where is it? How do you use it?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Baard

When the game gets into tactical save it into the #10 slot with the
name "AutoCombat". Then abort the mission and XComUtil will finish the
battle for you. If you wish to know more, RFTM. (Read the flaming
manual)! :)

Dave Marron

Apr 9, 2003, 2:43:29 PM4/9/03
>If you wish to know more, RFTM. (Read the flaming
>manual)! :)

Wouldn't that be RTFM? :)

Dave Marron
(Remove name of my favorite band to reply - check them out at
http://www.blackvinyl.com/3shoes.htm)

"The chief difference between ignorance and innocence is: you don't need an
expensive lawyer to be found ignorant!"
- Alfred E. Neuman

Baard

Apr 9, 2003, 9:02:12 PM4/9/03
aa...@rocketmail.com (Hobbes) wrote in message news:<7f3d053f.03040...@posting.google.com>...

Thanks!
I had been reading the old manual for the past version, stupid me.. :)

Scott T Jones

Apr 10, 2003, 12:03:10 AM4/10/03
>aa...@rocketmail.com (Hobbes) wrote in message
>> > Secondly, I have a question.
>> > I haven't seen any place where I actually can use the AutoCombat
>> > function. Where is it? How do you use it?

>> When the game gets into tactical save it into the #10 slot with the

>> name "AutoCombat". Then abort the mission and XComUtil will finish the
>> battle for you. If you wish to know more, RFTM. (Read the flaming
>> manual)! :)

>Thanks!
>I had been reading the old manual for the past version, stupid me.. :)

The special thing about the new AutoCombat is that you can now use it at any
time during the battle. That is especially important for TFTD, where it is
often very hard to find that last alien. Now, you just save game #10 as
AutoCombat and abort. If you still have most of your soldiers, you are almost
guaranteed to win against the last few aliens. If not, just reload game #10
and finish it yourself.