Issue 1696 in zxing: build.xml not found in zxing/core

zx...@googlecode.com

May 30, 2013, 9:16:12 PM5/30/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----

New issue 1696 by arjun.vi...@gmail.com: build.xml not found in zxing/core
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1696

There is no build.xml file in zxing/core.
So when we try to run ant -f core/build.xml as suggested in getting started
- there is an error - 'build.xml not found' - Can someone help ?

Thanks
Arjun

issue notifications to this address.

zx...@googlecode.com

May 31, 2013, 9:59:09 AM5/31/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 1696 by srowen: build.xml not found in zxing/core
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1696

Questions should go on the mailing list. See
https://code.google.com/p/zxing/wiki/GettingStarted . The build system uses
Maven now.

zx...@googlecode.com

May 31, 2013, 3:26:31 PM5/31/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 1696 by WSutto...@gmail.com: build.xml not found in
zxing/core
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1696

Thanks,
please note there is about 15 tutorial pages that come out at the top of SO
and google search about how to use zxing by compiling in ant.

Many people (such as myself) will be confused that ant no longer works
since the main documentation they are following is for ant (and they won't
even know what ant is). I'd recommend highlighting this fact.