Zxing multiple barcode in document bundles

adgonzal21

Jun 17, 2013, 12:16:13 PM6/17/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I have to process bundles of scanned documents. All the documents have one barcode but I don't know the type (It can be pdf417 or code39) of this barcode since are not ordered. I use the PDF417Reader and Code39Reader and they work fine with barcodes of its type but i don't know which apply to the document since I don't know the type.
Is there any form to detect the type and delegate to the correct reader?.
I try to avoid read with one of them and if it fails try with the other.

Thanks in advance

Sean Owen

Jun 17, 2013, 12:59:04 PM6/17/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Yes, just use both -- why not, reasons of speed? You can run both in parallel even.
I don't know of a better solution if you don't know what is in there to begin with; start with the one more likely to appear. If they're equally likely, start with PDF417. It's slower but not prone to false positives.