Issue 1489 in zxing: Does not scan barcode

zx...@googlecode.com

Jan 22, 2013, 8:47:32 AM1/22/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----

New issue 1489 by tob...@schulz-hess.de: Does not scan barcode
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1489

On the Tablets EasyPad 971 and Odys Noon the barcode scanner does not work.
When trying to scan a barcode, the yellow dots appear, but they are not
matching the barcode. In the end, no barcode is detected, although the
image seems to be focused.

EasyPad 971: Android 4.0.4
Odys Noon: Android 4.1.1
Barcode Scanner: v4.3.1

Please come back on me, if I can send you some logfiles or test some stuff.

Attachments:
Screenshot_2013-01-22-14-40-24.png 763 KB
Screenshot_2013-01-22-14-40-37.png 746 KB

zx...@googlecode.com

Jan 22, 2013, 10:11:48 AM1/22/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 1489 by srowen: Does not scan barcode
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1489

These sound like generic clone devices, which are usually problematic due
to bad hardware or buggy firmware. Still, who knows. Obviously it works on
virtually every other device, so it's probably a problem with these
devices. You could send logs if they point out a problem; I doubt this is
anything worth working around even if we could figure out the device problem