Re: Help to intergrate my button application with CaptureActivity.java

Lachezar Dobrev

Jun 1, 2013, 7:11:56 AM6/1/13
to Muhammad Wali, zx...@googlegroups.com
Two ways of doing this the way you want:
1. Configure a 'Custom Search URL' to be: http://192.168.10.1/%s
2. Encode the QR code with the full URL instead
QR code contains: http://192.168.10.1/000033

I'd recommend the second approach, unless the URL needs to be
site-specific (i.e. different for every client/user).

The better way would be to create your own application
- Native Android application Scanning Via Intent[1]
or
- Web application using Scanning from Web Pages [2]

Either of these is very robust, and allows you to process the
scanned code any way you like. Obviously both approaches require some
additional programming.

There is no way to replace buttons in the application.

I'd suggest avoiding 'gut-and-paste' approach: the application is
well built and allows superb integration: leave the scanning to the
ZXing Barcode Scanner application, do the processing any way you want.

To reiterate: I suggest you don't ask yourself 'How do I change
«whatever» in ZXing Barcode Scanner', and instead ask 'How do I do
«whatever» with the ZXing Barcode Scanner'.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/zxing/wiki/ScanningViaIntent
[2] http://code.google.com/p/zxing/wiki/ScanningFromWebPages