How can I port a QR Code encoder for the iPhone?

Ricardo1980

Jan 7, 2011, 3:29:01 PM1/7/11
to zxing
Hello mates!

I really need to create/encode QR Codes in my iPhone app, but iPhone
zxing version can't do that.
And I only see a open source C library that can encode.
http://fukuchi.org/works/qrencode/index.en.html
(I can't use commercial libraries because my project is open source)

I am thinking in using that library or try to port some files from
zxing java version to iPhone version.
What do you think?
In case of porting, do you beleive this is a hard job? Which files
(java or c++) should I start reading? Any other advice?

Thanks a lot for your time.
Ricardo.

elif

Jan 23, 2011, 5:13:18 PM1/23/11
to zxing
Hello Ricardo,

I'm in the same situation as you now.

Did you port the java code? Do you have any advice?

Thank you,
Elif

On Jan 7, 10:29 pm, Ricardo1980 <ricardo_ruiz_lo...@yahoo.es> wrote:
> Hello mates!
>
> I really need to create/encode QR Codes in myiPhoneapp, butiPhone
> zxing version can't do that.
> And I only see a open source C library that can encode.http://fukuchi.org/works/qrencode/index.en.html

iPhoneFan

Jan 23, 2011, 11:40:00 PM1/23/11
to zxing
Hello..
It appears that I also belong to your club... I need to incorporate QR
Code encoding in my iPhone app. ZXing does not have it. And
libqrencode has files missing (png.h, config.h to mention a few). I
have virtually given up any hope that I may be able to get an API/SDK
from a third party for free. I am now going through the algorithm of
generation of QR Code. I don not know if this would be fruitful or
not... I found a tutorial about the algorithm at http://www.swetake.com/qr/qr1_en.html
.
Please do not kill this thread... May be we could be the brothers in
need!! :)

elif

Jan 24, 2011, 3:21:19 AM1/24/11
to zxing
Hello again,

I found a thread on stackoverflow (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4316658/generate-2d-bar-code-e-g-qr-code-data-matrix-pdf417-on-iphone-and-android
) that mentions a QR Code Encoder in cpp. I'm going to have a look at
it. You can find the links from the thread.

Thank you for the tutorial. :)