iOS zxing 2.2 performance issue

Glen

Jun 17, 2013, 3:26:29 PM6/17/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Hello all,

I recently tried upgrading my app from zxing 2.1 to 2.2. I have a modified OverlayView class that puts views on top of the zxingwidgetcontroller. One of the views is a UISwitch to turn the camera light on and off.

After upgrading to zxing 2.2, UI elements are very unresponsive. Clicking the switch or a navigation bar button takes 2-10 seconds or doesn't happen at all. If I use the same overlay class using zxing 2.1 I do not have this issue.

I'm using XCode 4.6.3, ARC, Storyboards, iOS SDK 6.1 and testing on an iPhone 4.

Please help!

Steven Parkes

Jun 17, 2013, 9:55:35 PM6/17/13
to Glen, zx...@googlegroups.com
Are you using a custom overlay?

Are you using the same set of decoders? (I think this changed in 2.2; there may be more default decoders, though I don't think it should have this effect. In any case, if you only care about, for example, qr codes, try specifically asking for the qr decoder only, if you're not.)
> --
>
> ---

Glen Yi

Jun 17, 2013, 10:56:26 PM6/17/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com, Glen
I'm using a customized version of OverlayView. Instead of drawing the overlay in drawRect, I'm putting views in the init call. I'm only using QRCodeReader, not the multi reader.

In zxing 2.2, I change OverlayView for my customization, but all UI elements are incredibly slow to respond. The ZxingwidgetController has a switch and a navigationbar.