Issue 1695 in zxing: Barcode decoding failing

zx...@googlecode.com

May 29, 2013, 2:09:59 AM5/29/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----

New issue 1695 by suthish....@gmail.com: Barcode decoding failing
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1695

Hi,
I am facing some issue while decoding barcode.
Am using Google Zing Barcode generator, and barcode got generated
successfully.
But failing to decode on other online decoder websites..
Only am able to decode on http://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx.
Also downloaded Mobile Barcode Scanner from above link, but no output.
So am little confused, File attached for your reference.
Please look into the same.

SSN

Attachments:
UG60BARCODE.gif 1.4 KB

issue notifications to this address.

zx...@googlecode.com

May 29, 2013, 4:36:21 AM5/29/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 1695 by srowen: Barcode decoding failing
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1695

I don't know what the question is. The code in this project generated a
valid barcode and then read it. What issue are you reporting?

zx...@googlecode.com

May 29, 2013, 6:07:14 AM5/29/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 1695 by suthish....@gmail.com: Barcode decoding failing
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1695

The attached barcode is not getting decoded

zx...@googlecode.com

May 29, 2013, 7:39:55 AM5/29/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 1695 by srowen: Barcode decoding failing
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1695

Above, you said it does decode, and it does indeed.
However the image is tiny, displayed at this resolution. I don't know if a
camera will read it.
The problem with that is: you are scanning something far too small.

zx...@googlecode.com

May 29, 2013, 8:39:55 AM5/29/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 1695 by suthish....@gmail.com: Barcode decoding failing
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1695

So what will be solution here. I need to increase size?

zx...@googlecode.com

May 29, 2013, 9:36:18 PM5/29/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 1695 by srowen: Barcode decoding failing
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1695

This is the equivalent of 4pt text -- so tiny as to be unreadable. Use
larger module size.

zx...@googlecode.com

Jun 4, 2013, 4:43:49 PM6/4/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 1695 by suthish....@gmail.com: Barcode decoding failing
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1695

Am using below code. Can you help me in improving the code and make the
barcode readable.

var writer = new BarcodeWriter
{
Format = BarcodeFormat.QR_CODE,
Options = new EncodingOptions
{
Height = 100,
Width = 100
}
};

using (Bitmap objBitmap = writer.Write(_encryptData))
{

}

Thank you...