Re: Barcode information format

Lachezar Dobrev

Jun 4, 2013, 4:50:45 AM6/4/13
to Viktor Markov, zx...@googlegroups.com
Bar Codes contain only identifiers, be it a number (EAN, UPC, etc.)
or a more generic text (QR, Data Matrix, Code 128, etc.).
The ZXing Barcode Scanner application reads the contents of the bar
codes. If it looks like a product code (EAN/UPC/JAN) it does attempt
do download the product information. This information however is not
available to third parties using the integration methods, it is not
even downloaded when an integration use case is invoked. This means
you can obtain the bar code data (a string) from the reader, but it's
up to you to process it, in part it's up to you to obtain any product
information.