poor item info on first scan after install

Aaron Myers

Jun 17, 2013, 4:44:46 PM6/17/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
The very first thing I scanned was a brick of extra sharp cheddar, by CABOT.
The program's first solution to the upc code : 078354703328 "Smith Corona typewriter"

Not even close.

Think I will go to my old standby... This app has poor substitutions in product lookups.

Sean Owen

Jun 17, 2013, 4:53:48 PM6/17/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
This app has no product info at all actually. It is just sending you to info from Google product search, and Amazon.

Google *web search* has it...

But Google product search doesn't...

Amazon doesn't... or has this number by coincidence in something to do with a typewriter:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=078354703328

You know it's cheese because you're holding it, so you'd know it was a bogus hit from Amazon. I'd tell Amazon, if anyone.
The right answer is 'no results' -- stuff like cheese isn't usually sold online, in comparison to DVDs and books.

You should think of this app as just a scanner for QR codes and the like with a bit of info on the side for convenience. Use Shopper or something else for purpose-built comparison shopping.