Return Result into the Webview

Moises Duarte

May 26, 2013, 9:30:02 PM5/26/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm using webview to try scan barcodes, in my HTML  I have a link: <a href="http://zxing.appspot.com/scan?ret=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.0.2%2Fsaf%2Fvendas2.php%3Fproduto%3D%7BCODE%7D&SCAN_FORMATS=UPC_A,EAN_13" >Scanner</a>

However, I would like to return the result (the result URL) within my webview. But when the barcode is recognized by zxing it returns on android's (native) web browser.

Somebody can help me? Thanks a lot.

Lachezar Dobrev

May 27, 2013, 5:07:55 AM5/27/13
to Moises Duarte, zx...@googlegroups.com
There has been a similar thread some time ago.
I don't recall the original poster, so please do the search.
The technique is to build a custom WebViewClient that handles
requests for scanning on it's own, calls the Barcode Scanner, and then
processes the return value, and steps around the Scanning From Web
Pages method.