Trouble building standalone client

Glenn, Jacob

Oct 7, 2010, 10:56:01 AM10/7/10
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
I'm having some trouble building the Zotero standalone client from source and was hoping someone could lend me a clue. I'm mainly interested in the OSX client (Zotero.app), so I need to know what is up with XUL.framework and JavaEmbeddingPlugin.

Here's what happens when I run the build_sa script:

Getting latest Zotero revision
Got Zotero r7015
Building translators.zip
Building styles.zip
Retrieving Zotero OpenOffice.org Integration
Retrieving PythonExt
Retrieving Zotero MacWord Integration
Building Zotero.app
cp: /Library/Frameworks/XUL.framework: No such file or directory
cp: /Users/jkglenn/src/zotero/standalone/JavaEmbeddingPlugin/*: No such file or directory
Retrieving Zotero WinWord Integration
Building Zotero_Win32
cp: /Users/jkglenn/src/zotero/standalone/xulrunner_win32: No such file or directory
mv: rename /Users/jkglenn/src/zotero/standalone/Zotero_Win32/xulrunner/xulrunner-stub.exe to /Users/jkglenn/src/zotero/standalone/Zotero_Win32/zotero.exe: No such file or directory
Building Zotero_Linux-i686
cp: /Users/jkglenn/src/zotero/standalone/xulrunner_linux-i686: No such file or directory
mv: rename /Users/jkglenn/src/zotero/standalone/Zotero_Linux-i686/xulrunner/xulrunner-stub to /Users/jkglenn/src/zotero/standalone/Zotero_Linux-i686/zotero: No such file or directory
chmod: /Users/jkglenn/src/zotero/standalone/Zotero_Linux-i686/zotero: No such file or directory

As expected, the resulting Zotero.app cannot be launched because "it may be damaged or incomplete."

On OSX 10.6.4.

Many thanks,
Jake

Sean Takats

Oct 7, 2010, 11:22:06 AM10/7/10
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
You need to install the xulrunner runtime available from Mozilla. Then the app will build properly.

Glenn, Jacob

Oct 7, 2010, 3:35:18 PM10/7/10
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
On Oct 7, 2010, at 11:22 AM, Sean Takats wrote:

> You need to install the xulrunner runtime available from Mozilla. Then the app will build properly.

Thanks very much. I still get the error about zotero/standalone/JavaEmbeddingPlugin, but the app builds and I can launch it.