any option in the future of yojimbo on iphone?

GMcG

Jun 20, 2009, 2:27:02 PM6/20/09
to Yojimbo Talk
I love using yojimbo, its mobileme sync options are cool etc..I would
love to be able to use it on my iphone too

Jan Almeroth

Jun 23, 2009, 6:22:32 AM6/23/09
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
You're not alone waiting for an iPhone version of Yojimbo.

I really hope that there's something in the pipeline and
now that iPhone OS 3.0 supports copy&paste …

I think the biggest problem for the BareBone guys is to come up with a
good price. ;-)

Chris H.

Jun 22, 2009, 12:03:11 PM6/22/09
to Yojimbo Talk

Most of us would like access to Yojimbo on our iPhone.

But BareBones has been mum about whether or not support is
forthcoming.

Considering we're now at the 2 year mark from the public release of
the iPhone, I would say it's never happening.

I'm starting to put some data in ShoveBox, because it has an iPhone
client that syncs. The big drawback with this product is that there
is no encryption option, so it's no good for personal info.

-Chris

John Kendrick

Jun 23, 2009, 11:44:28 AM6/23/09
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Mark/Space has an iPhone app, Fliq Notes, which will sync with
Yojimbo. I use it now.

Check it out.

http://www.markspace.com/products/fliq/

It took a bit of handholding from the Mark/Space support folk to get
it up and running. But works fine now. Hopefully, the experience
several of us had when the app was first introduced will make it
easier for others.

John
John Kendrick
219 Glenwood Avenue
Leonia, NJ 07605
jk...@verizon.net or kend...@bucknell.edu

Noleli

Jun 23, 2009, 11:43:31 AM6/23/09
to Yojimbo Talk
I'm guessing there are some pretty serious technical hurdles to making
it work on the iPhone or they would have done it already.

The upsetting part is their lack of communication on the issue. It is
clearly an oft-demanded feature, but they seem more willing to help
people migrate to Evernote than actually work on an app. The way
they're bleeding users, they need to either come out and say that
Yojimbo has been EOLed, or give a status update on both the desktop
version and any hypothetical mobile version.

Bionic Cat

Jun 24, 2009, 8:38:31 AM6/24/09
to Yojimbo Talk
You should all have a good look at Evernote (http://evernote.com). I
was an avid Yojimbo user for quite a while and successfully used it on
my iPhone using Webjimbo from Flyingmac.com. Unfortunately, it became
ever more clear that FlyingMac was the only involved developer in that
equation. Barebones has been mum not only on an iPhone client, but
also regarding Yojimbo itself. I don't expect to see Yojimbo to evolve
beyond where it is.

The folks at Evernote, by stark contrast, have a roadmap for Evernote,
a terrific web and *killer* iphone client, are constantly in contact
with their userbase and, in general, have their act together. I really
liked Yojimbo (and there are options it has that Evernote does not),
but on the whole, Evernote has a future and yojimbo doesn't IMHO.

Cheers,
Stephen

Patrick Woolsey

Jun 24, 2009, 10:31:57 AM6/24/09
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Noleli <noah.l...@gmail.com> sez:

>I'm guessing there are some pretty serious technical hurdles to making
>it work on the iPhone or they would have done it already.

That's a large part of the equation.

>The upsetting part is their lack of communication on the issue. It is
>clearly an oft-demanded feature, but they seem more willing to help
>people migrate to Evernote than actually work on an app. The way
>they're bleeding users, they need to either come out and say that
>Yojimbo has been EOLed, or give a status update on both the desktop
>version and any hypothetical mobile version.

As we've previously stated :-), we are still developing Yojimbo, and will
release future versions.

Regards,

Patrick Woolsey
==
Bare Bones Software, Inc. <http://www.barebones.com>
P.O. Box 1048, Bedford, MA 01730-1048

Chris H.

Jun 24, 2009, 11:01:38 AM6/24/09
to Yojimbo Talk

Good tip.

I will check it out.

I'm also going to try evernote, since so many people have praised it.

I may wait until I get my 3GS phone to start changing things, though
(waiting now for its eminent arrival)

-Chris

John Phillips

Jun 24, 2009, 1:01:26 PM6/24/09
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Any thoughts, comments or experiences with NoteBook 3.0?

Thanks in advance,
John

cubic....@fastmail.fm

Jun 24, 2009, 3:57:31 PM6/24/09
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Circus Ponies NoteBook? I use it all the time - excellent piece of
software - but it doesn't have any sort of iPhone client (and probably
never will). It's also not all that much like Yojimbo; it's not a very
good "everything bucket".

Noleli

Jun 25, 2009, 10:10:57 AM6/25/09
to Yojimbo Talk
Thanks for your reply, Patrick! Sorry if I sounded upset in my
original post; I'm sure you can understand my frustration.

Keep plugging away at it! :)

nedron

Jul 8, 2009, 10:34:39 AM7/8/09
to Yojimbo Talk

On Jun 22, 12:03 pm, "Chris H." <googlegro...@chrishart.net> wrote:
> Most of us would like access to Yojimbo on our iPhone.
>
> But BareBones has been mum about whether or not support is
> forthcoming.
>
> Considering we're now at the 2 year mark from the public release of
> the iPhone, I would say it's never happening.

The question I have for everyone asking for a Yojimbo iPhone app, is
how useful would it be? My Yojimbo database is currently over 400
megs. Surely other people out there are using Yojimbo for more than
just passwords.

-David

nomad

Jul 9, 2009, 3:14:00 AM7/9/09
to Yojimbo Talk
I asked this very same question on a different thread. Apparently,
current models sell with 32GB on board, so I suppose a Yojimbo
database would fit.

Useless to me, but it seems there are people who actually have the
money to throw away on the things.

-Mike

Frank Mantek

Jul 9, 2009, 7:46:23 AM7/9/09
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
My iphone has 32 GB of harddisk space.. .Beside that, i like the way
evernote handles some of this. If you have a larger PDF in your note,
that one stays on the shared storage until you explicitly request it.
So you can find it over tags etc, but the PDF only get's to you when
you want to read it.

Frank

Niels Kobschaetzki

Jul 9, 2009, 7:51:34 AM7/9/09
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:14 AM, nomad<no...@mac.com> wrote:

> I asked this very same question on a different thread. Apparently,
> current models sell with 32GB on board, so I suppose a Yojimbo
> database would fit.

They do
iPhone 3G was sold with 8 and 16GB. The 3GS is sold w/ 16 and 32GB
(that's more than the storage space of any iPod I had iIrc)

> Useless to me, but it seems there are people who actually have the
> money to throw away on the things.

Not useless to all people (my 32GB-model has only 5GB free space
left). I can understand people who want to have their database with
them but because of other restrictions of Yojimbo I use it nowadays
only for notes or for the "read later"-stuff and put anything else
either in Bibdesk/Finder or EagleFiler

Niels

Jan Almeroth

Jul 9, 2009, 8:20:08 AM7/9/09
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Hello David,

I can follow your arguments perfectly, but I have got an other point
of view about this.
I have recently purchased an iPhone Navi App, which has about 1,6 GB
(!!!) map-data.
(No one argues about this size because it's MAPS!)

There's enough space left on 16 GB iPhone to place two of your 400 MB
Yojimbo DB too and
a very big list of music and other interesting stuff …

I personally can't come up with what you guys store in your Yojimbo.
For me, it's „Your effortless, reliable information organizer for Mac OS X“.
My database is less then 10 MB, feed mostly with logins and registrations.

Those information are important to me, when I walk my way through the world
and want to check account xy while sitting at starbucks or whatever…

Regards,

Jan

Steve Nicholson

Jul 14, 2009, 12:17:06 PM7/14/09
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
On Jul 8, 2009, at 7:34 AM, nedron wrote:

> The question I have for everyone asking for a Yojimbo iPhone app, is
> how useful would it be? My Yojimbo database is currently over 400
> megs. Surely other people out there are using Yojimbo for more than
> just passwords.

The answer I have is: extremely useful. I need access to my passwords
from my iPhone just as much as I do from my computer. As for database
size, I imagine iPhone Yojimbo will have options for what types of
data and/or which Collections are synced in the same manner as Contact
groups, Mail accounts, and Calendars.

-Steve

Joshua Gray

Jul 14, 2009, 3:54:18 PM7/14/09
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Have you considered the 1password for your passwords they have a great
desktop and iPhone app

Joshua Gray
Sent from my iPhone