Audio Recording from Microphone using Xuggler

Kuldeep Sharma

Nov 19, 2010, 12:57:33 AM11/19/10
to xuggler-users
Hi

I was looking for some demo application to record audio with the help
of Xuggler. But unluckily, I could not find any sample code snippet.

Anybody having any idea about recording audio from microphone using
Xuggler??

Thanks

Regards
Kuldeep

Ross Hendrickson

Nov 19, 2010, 10:35:44 PM11/19/10
to xuggle...@googlegroups.com

Xuggle does not interact with hardware.

Ross

Kuldeep Sharma

Nov 19, 2010, 11:46:20 PM11/19/10
to xuggler-users
Hi Ross

Thanks for answering. Any suggestion from your side...how to implement
audio recording so that i can simulate it with other Xuggler
components.

Regards
Kuldee

On Nov 20, 8:35 am, Ross Hendrickson <ross.hendrick...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Xuggle does not interact with hardware.
>
> Ross
>
> On Nov 19, 2010 3:32 PM, "Kuldeep Sharma" <kuldeep.sharma....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I was looking for some demo application to record audio with the help
> of Xuggler. But unluckily, I could not find any sample code snippet.
>
> Anybody having any idea about recording audio from microphone using
> Xuggler??
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards
> Kuldeep
>
> --
> .

Ross Hendrickson

Nov 20, 2010, 2:05:36 AM11/20/10
to xuggle...@googlegroups.com

Totally depends on what you are using to do audio capture. In java you are not going to find something that works for every operating system.

Ross

wrote:

> Xuggle does not interact with hardware.
>
> Ross
>

> On Nov 19, 2010 3:32 PM, "Kuldeep Sharma" <kuldeep.sharma....@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I was looking for some demo application to record audio with the help

> of Xuggl...

To ...

jhelp...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2010, 12:54:40 PM11/22/10
to xuggler-users
Hello Sharma,

I wrote a library for handling capturing/encoding for libraries like
Xuggler (https://code.google.com/p/packet-multibroadcaster/).

The demo project uses the library but also does some basic Java screen
and microphone capture.

You can take or leave the library but that Demo project should be
enough to get you started capturing (just take a look at the sources
and one should be a Microphone capture implementation).

Note that the Demo project is built in NetBeans.

Best of luck,
-Josh Helpert-

Everson Alves

Oct 13, 2011, 1:55:03 PM10/13/11
to xuggle...@googlegroups.com
Hello Josh ( or anyone else), can you point me how to stream the resulting audio from xuggle to rtmp ( red5)?

Everson Alves

Dec 7, 2011, 7:20:06 PM12/7/11
to xuggle...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

Are anyone using packet-multibroadcaster + xuggler for audio capturing? I got the demo app working but only in the first time. If I stop it and try to start again, I get an error: java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException
at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:656)
at com.cattura.packet_multibroadcaster.implementations.Source.beginProcessing(Source.java:136)

Can anyone please give a light on why this error occurs?

Thank you.

jhelp...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2011, 10:41:12 AM12/9/11
to xuggler-users
Hi Everson,

That's really old code for a POC project to get people started with
Xuggler capture/encoding without having to worry too much about the
threading.

@ resulting stream to rtmp, you will have to read over the online docs
and forums and either implement on your own or subclass a writer of
the packet-multibroadcaster and still implement your own solution
using either the IContainer or MediaWriter.

@ IllegalThreadStateException, it's POC code that was only a starting
point. That occurs because you are restarting a thread that has
finished it's run method and can't be resumed. You can either re-
create the object and connect it to a 'writer' so it will continue
passing packets or create your own implementation.

If you are just capturing audio using Java and passing it to a
MediaWriter that posts to a rtmp/red5 destination, I doubt you will
need threads at all since the throughput of Java should be more than
enough.

Best of luck

Everson Alves

Dec 11, 2011, 12:32:50 AM12/11/11
to xuggle...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Josh I'll try to figure out with your tips.