Is it possible to connect a subtopic to multiple parent topics?

Boris

Mar 3, 2010, 5:09:08 AM3/3/10
to XMind User Forum
Hi!
I am just working on a rough timeline for a history Project. I have
created multiple parent topics for various decades, such as 1960s,
1970's, 1980s, etc. Now I want to create a subtopic, that lasts for 30
years, so I want to connect it to three parent decades. Is that
possible? And how?

kgingeri

Mar 4, 2010, 3:48:58 PM3/4/10
to XMind User Forum
Not any 'hard' connection that I know of, but you can 'insert' a
relationship with a right-click on the node and then drag the pointer
to the 30 year node. You would then repeat that for each 10 year
node. The relationship lines can be changed in appearance. This may
not be what you need tho?

Fernando Bresslau

Mar 3, 2010, 9:11:40 AM3/3/10
to XMind User Forum
You can use lines to connect floating items as you see fit (ctrl+l).
You can also use the summary bracket, maybe. ctrl+]

Not exactly what your are looking for, but maybe it helps.
Cheers!
Fernando

Boris

Mar 5, 2010, 6:37:30 AM3/5/10
to XMind User Forum
Hm not really the best solution but it will have to work...
But thanks anyway!

Boris

Mar 5, 2010, 6:36:00 AM3/5/10
to XMind User Forum

On 4 Mrz., 21:48, kgingeri <kging...@gmail.com> wrote:
> you can 'insert' a
> relationship with a right-click on the node and then drag the pointer

Hm, right-click and drag anywhere at the screen (also on the nodes)
lets me move the whole project space only. Shoul I maybe hold an
additional key or something?

kgingeri

Mar 5, 2010, 12:43:56 PM3/5/10
to XMind User Forum
Sorry - I didn't explain that well.... I meant right-click -> Insert
Relationship and then drag the arrowed pointer on to of the other node
and release.
You can then click and drag the little yellow 'handles' to curve the
line how you need. Properties on that line let you remove/add arrow
heads and such and
also to set the line properties - ie solid, colour etc.

Hope that helps!

Fernando Bresslau

Mar 8, 2010, 2:39:56 AM3/8/10
to XMind User Forum
I like to use the keyboard shortcut for that: Ctrl+l (L for link).

Cheers!
Fernando

stephen zhu

Mar 14, 2010, 1:08:43 AM3/14/10