XVideo with Catalyst 8.4 on X1250?

Tom Sweeney

Apr 23, 2008, 4:45:23 PM4/23/08
to x1250
Does the XVideo extension work with the X1250 now? I am trying to set
up a MythTV media center using a Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H motherboard. I
installed the latest ati drivers from the repos, ran aticonfig to
update the xorg.conf and:
aticonfig --overlay-type=Xv

which added:
Option "VideoOverlay" "on"
Option "OpenGLOverlay" "off"

However, when I try xvinfo, I get "no adaptors present". Also my
mythfrontend logs give me "Could not find suitable XVideo surface".

Any suggestions?

Tom Sweeney

Apr 23, 2008, 9:59:42 PM4/23/08
to x1250
Apparently I had an older version. I downloaded the real 8.4 drivers
and everything is pretty good.

Vladi

Apr 24, 2008, 5:47:44 PM4/24/08
to x1250
XVideo has been working with X1250 since fglrx 8.3 on Gutsy.

However, I upgraded to Kubuntu 8.04 today and noticed that XVideo
doesn't seem to work anymore with neither 8.3 or 8.4.

Vladi

Apr 24, 2008, 6:02:25 PM4/24/08
to x1250
Never mind, I found this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/jockey/+bug/197639
and added "TexturedVideo" "on" to my xorg.conf and got it to work with
Catalyst 8.3.

I suppose it also works with 8.4 but I'm afraid to try it anymore
because I've worked with this thing for ages and
if it wouldn't work I'd throw my laptop out of the window.

TheJay Jay

Apr 25, 2008, 5:34:52 AM4/25/08
to x1...@googlegroups.com
do you have m2a-vm hdmi mother board ?

Vladi

May 1, 2008, 4:40:19 PM5/1/08
to x1250
If you mean me, I guess I don't, since I have a HP 6715s -laptop.