Timing of Python 3+ implementation

VernonCole

Sep 1, 2009, 2:29:36 PM9/1/09
to wxPython-users
Python 3000 is getting quite mature now, and my other two main
development tools (adodbapi and pywin32) are both running in the new
python. But I have heard no news about when my GUI engine of choice
would make the upgrade. Is there a schedule, or should I start
learning PyGUI and/or pyjamas?
--
Vernon Cole

Mike Driscoll

Sep 1, 2009, 3:52:15 PM9/1/09
to wxPython-users
Hey Vernon,
If you want to be cutting edge (Python-wise), then you'll just need to
learn one of the others (Tkinter works!)...wxPython doesn't have a
schedule for 3.0 that I'm aware of.

Of course, Robin would probably accept help, so if you want to join wx-
dev and try to garner interest there, then go for it! :)

-------------------
Mike Driscoll

Blog: http://blog.pythonlibrary.org

Robin Dunn

Sep 3, 2009, 1:57:03 PM9/3/09
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
VernonCole wrote:
> Python 3000 is getting quite mature now, and my other two main
> development tools (adodbapi and pywin32) are both running in the new
> python. But I have heard no news about when my GUI engine of choice
> would make the upgrade.

It's still not a priority for me, my wxPython work these days is mostly
driven by my personal needs for wxPython features and also what those I
work for need. Python 3.x is still in the "nice to have" category, not
the "need to have" like other things I am working on. But I am open to
accepting patches if somebody else is has the needs and is interested in
working on porting it, this is Open Source after all.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman