Forums are Back Online

Bryan Petty

Jun 19, 2011, 4:36:23 AM6/19/11
to wxWidgets Users
For most of you that noticed, this has been a rough week for the
forums. The server went down about 7 days ago now, and we've been
working hard to bring them back all week. Unfortunately, the best we
can do at the moment was to move a 2 month old backup to a new server
as the old one is still (even now) missing in action. We would have
liked to have waited a little longer for the chance to bring the
forums back online as they were the day it went down, but just
couldn't wait any longer.

I apologize to everyone that may have posted something in the last few
days hoping for some help or attention, but your post was lost. I hope
we can move on from this in a much better condition with improved
performance.

Regards,
Bryan Petty

Bryan Petty

Jun 19, 2011, 12:57:50 PM6/19/11
to wxWidgets Users
I forgot to mention that those of you that might still be using the
"wxforum.shadonet.com" address for the forums will need to update your
bookmarks to:
http://forums.wxwidgets.org/

We were unable to update the shadonet.com DNS to point to the new server.

Regards,
Bryan Petty