New release (1.1.0) is available!

Alex Objelean

Nov 16, 2009, 6:21:06 PM11/16/09
to wro4j
New release (1.1.0) is available! This release contains:
1) Css variables support
2) Caching headers & ETag support (for css, js & image resources used
by wro4j). Now, it should be even faster & improve the YSlow mark.
3) Clean up dependencies from pom.xml
4) Improve unit test coverage & Code clean up

Please, update the version in your project & report here if you find
any issues.

Regards,
Alex Objelean

Matt Raible

Nov 16, 2009, 6:31:11 PM11/16/09
to wr...@googlegroups.com
Can wro4j set caching headers on *all* my images, or just those references in CSS?

Alex Objelean

Nov 16, 2009, 6:36:51 PM11/16/09
to wro4j
On all images served by wro4j (there is a single filter controlling
this WroFilter which is mapped to /wro/*)

Alex Objelean

On 17 nov., 01:31, Matt Raible <m...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:
> Can wro4j set caching headers on *all* my images, or just those references
> in CSS?

Alex Objelean

Nov 16, 2009, 6:38:04 PM11/16/09
to wro4j
So the answer is: it can control the caching headers only for the
images referenced in included css....

On 17 nov., 01:31, Matt Raible <m...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:
> Can wro4j set caching headers on *all* my images, or just those references
> in CSS?

Matt Raible

Nov 16, 2009, 6:39:02 PM11/16/09
to wr...@googlegroups.com
OK, thanks.

I found the download in the Maven repository - you might want to publish it in the downloads section as well.

I tried upgrading from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0 on my site and I'm getting the following error in my logs:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/LoggerFactory

I'm guessing it's not a drop-in replacement?

Matt

Objelean Alex

Nov 16, 2009, 6:42:34 PM11/16/09
to wr...@googlegroups.com
Matt, please try to add the wro4j with maven by updating the pom, it should automatically add the needed dependency (it uses slf4j logging api)...

Alex

Matt Raible

Nov 16, 2009, 6:54:33 PM11/16/09
to wr...@googlegroups.com
I'm not using Maven as I'm just dropping in JARs to Roller's WEB-INF/lib directory and deploying that way. Dangerous, but it's my site, so that's OK. ;-)

I solved it by adding slf4j-api and its log4j counterpart.

Also, it seems my YSlow score has gone down a couple notches. Looking at the following page:

http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/the_future_of_web_frameworks

There's an image that's referenced in CSS:

http://raibledesigns.com/themes/andreas08/images/header_purple.jpg

That doesn't have an expires header on it. Should it?

Thanks,

Matt