onDisconnectionEvent not triggered

pauspling

Jun 26, 2008, 10:25:10 PM6/26/08
to WiiuseJ users
Hi,

I am using Windows + WiiUseJ + the Toshiba BT stack. Am trying to make
my Java application listen for Wiimotes so that I don't have to
restart the application if a Wiimote disconnects during runtime.
However, my application doesn't seem to sense when a Wiimote
disconnects. I assume onDisconnectionEvent() should be called
automatically if I press the "power button" and turn the wiimote off?
Seems like the app thinks that the wiimote still is connected...

Guilhem Duch�

Jun 27, 2008, 3:53:51 AM6/27/08
to wiiuse...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You are absolutely right, this is the behavior we expect. that's what should happen. I will check carefully if made any mistake and i will test on my own configuration by the beginning of the next week (unfortunately i don't have any free time this week end).
What i can say about that is that under windows the behavior of each bluetooth stack is a bit different and sometimes behavior vary from one bluetooth stack from another. if i remember correctly i didn't have any trouble on this on my bluesoleil stack when i tried this test, but on the other hand i often have some troubles when i connect an extension receiving status events instead of NunchukInserted Event (for example). Therefore  might not be able to solve your problem... :(
All these small problems seems to not happen under linux, as far as i know.
I'll check next week and i'll keep you up to date if find anything or not.

cheers

guilhem

flosk8

Aug 25, 2008, 5:38:42 PM8/25/08
to WiiuseJ users
Hi,

i think i have the same problem. Disconnection Event isnot called when
I turn off my Wiimote I use Windows XP SP3 and the latest version of
BlueSoleil 6.2........
is there a known walkaround for this problem?

thx

On 27 Jun., 09:53, "Guilhem Duch " <guilhem.du...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You are absolutely right, this is the behavior we expect. that's what should
> happen. I will check carefully if made any mistake and i will test on my own
> configuration by the beginning of the next week (unfortunately i don't have
> any free time this week end).
> What i can say about that is that under windows the behavior of each
> bluetooth stack is a bit different and sometimes behavior vary from one
> bluetooth stack from another. if i remember correctly i didn't have any
> trouble on this on my bluesoleil stack when i tried this test, but on the
> other hand i often have some troubles when i connect an extension receiving
> status events instead of NunchukInserted Event (for example). Therefore
> might not be able to solve your problem... :(
> All these small problems seems to not happen under linux, as far as i know.
> I'll check next week and i'll keep you up to date if find anything or not.
>
> cheers
>
> guilhem

Guilhem Duch�

Aug 26, 2008, 4:24:16 AM8/26/08
to wiiuse...@googlegroups.com
I can't do anything there, it is more a problem from wiiuse... May be the next version of wiiuse will fix this problem. You could point out this problem in wiiuse forum :D

cheers

guiguito

flosk8

Aug 26, 2008, 1:35:04 PM8/26/08
to WiiuseJ users
Hi again, :-)

I tested the onDisconnectionEvent under Linux (Ubuntu with its
Bluetooth Stack). Works fine.
Windows XP with BlueSoile problem just exists.