Selenium with Firefox 3.0/Ubuntu Hardy

tim

Jan 19, 2009, 4:06:22 PM1/19/09
to webrat
Hi,

just in case this saves someone a couple of hours: I had to give the
path to the firefox binary in my in config.selenium_browser key. But
it did not work with *custom. Instead:

Webrat.configure do |config|
config.mode = :selenium
config.selenium_browser_key = '*firefox /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.5/
firefox'
end

Maybe this will help someone.

Amos King

Jan 20, 2009, 7:13:18 AM1/20/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
That must have something to do with your environment setup for the
grid. You know if you are running it locally you don't need to turn
on the grid, and don't need to set the browser_key? You just need The
firefox three directory in your path.
--
Amos King
http://dirtyInformation.com

tim

Jan 20, 2009, 4:05:32 PM1/20/09
to webrat
Well, I don't know. With browser key set to '*firefox' it kept
complaining that my /usr/bin/firefox is just a shell script. And with
'*custom path/to/firefox/executable' it gave an error message like
"waiting for window 'null' to appear".
> Amos Kinghttp://dirtyInformation.comhttp://github.com/Adkron

Ben Mabey

Jan 20, 2009, 4:20:06 PM1/20/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
Out of curiosity Tim.. Are you running Ubuntu on a VM? (I am getting
nullPointerExceptions from selenium on a new Ubuntu VMWare image that I
am trying to setup as a CI server.) Did you run into any other problems
when trying to set up webrat+selenuin on Ubuntu?

-Ben

tim

Jan 20, 2009, 4:39:23 PM1/20/09
to webrat
No. It's a regular Ubuntu install. And as far as I remember there were
no further problems.

Tim

Amos King

Jan 20, 2009, 4:47:44 PM1/20/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
Don't set the browser key if you are not running against a grid.

Amos King

Jan 20, 2009, 5:38:54 PM1/20/09
to web...@googlegroups.com
Webrat has selenium.jar included in it. If you turn on selenium mode
you should see a message that says the firefox home must be in your
path. This is the home directory for firefox 3 and the default for
selenium mode. If you are using a selenium grid there are more
settings and more things to check. I can help you guys out, but I
need to know if you are running against the grid or locally. I would
suggest getting it to run locally first.

Amos